Is anything selling?

The broker will suggest a title co., but you can request one you prefer.
Mason
First American
J Sweet
are a few I'm familiar with, and in the end all are about the same and you need not worry. All will get the job done.
OT love your Avatar? Do you have one of the Mom?

Can I ask (I’m not sure if this is correct post?) I’m looking at buying a resale SSR contract and live in the uk. I’ve read this post and am getting very confused about brokers and title companies. What do I need to look for and do? I’m looking at the resale companies but what do I need in a check list to make sure they’re doing everything I should. I didn’t know I needed a title company, do I have to provide someone to do that or do they?
Sorry I’m just now panicking that I may not know if something goes wrong.
Others have covered your question well but I'll add... we have requested Mason Title on both our contracts and the only reason I had a care who it was, was because we wanted to put a large deposit on credit card to ease the cash hit and earn a few rewards on it. Mason lets you put a $5000 deposit on cc, the highest I've found. If you don't have something weird to worry about, likely any of the title companies they offer will be fine.

Others have covered your question well but I'll add... we have requested Mason Title on both our contracts and the only reason I had a care who it was, was because we wanted to put a large deposit on credit card to ease the cash hit and earn a few rewards on it. Mason lets you put a $5000 deposit on cc, the highest I've found. If you don't have something weird to worry about, likely any of the title companies they offer will be fine.
Thank you, that’s useful as I have a rewards credit card as well.

why? As far as I know, these layoffs do not apply to front line CMs.
Just if it adds any fuel to the fire for the people who are becoming disenchanted with Disney. I've heard many people talk about not supporting businesses when they do big layoffs. I don't think it should, but my husband isn't a Disney lover like me and he brings up 'one more reason to not Disney' topics too often. I grew up going so there's always a special place in my heart for Disney World.

Just if it adds any fuel to the fire for the people who are becoming disenchanted with Disney. I've heard many people talk about not supporting businesses when they do big layoffs. I don't think it should, but my husband isn't a Disney lover like me and he brings up 'one more reason to not Disney' topics too often. I grew up going so there's always a special place in my heart for Disney World.
Honestly this would annoy me if my partner was bringing it up like this. It's unfortunate but sadly with the blunders of Disney plus it was inevitable. The only redeeming quality is that the front line workers aren't affected and are getting the raise that they deserve. I wish they would invest back into the parks more since out of everything that's the thing that consistently earns them a profit.

I wish they would invest back into the parks more since out of everything that's the thing that consistently earns them a profit.
Sadly, the problem children get the most attention and resources. High performers are rarely rewarded. If anything, more burdens are placed on them. Human nature I suppose.

I think this is a disconnect between the hyper-online fan community (a group that never likes anything) and most people for whom Disney is just a thing they do every few years. The core group of complaining superfans has been around pretty much since I've been a part of the community. For example, any Disney fan "of a certain age" will remember the Declining by Degrees conversation. I remember visiting the parks with a well-known blogger where we spent an evening looking for burned-out lightbulbs so that we could poke fun at the whole idea: "Look, there's one! Vacation ruined!"

Part of that is the inevitable tinge of nostalgia. We tend to remember the good parts of the past more vividly than the not-so-good parts. So, we compare this year's trip to ones in the past, and the hot sweaty crowds and lines for quick service and huge attraction lines all feel so much worse than "it used to be." I will never forget our first visit to a Disney park as a family, when my wife stood under the train station looking up Main Street one last time with tears in her eyes, sad that it was ending. There were certainly lots of frustrating parts to that trip as well, but that's not what I remember.

Another part of this is what I think of as the evolution of any long-time Disney fan. The Parks/Experiences segment of the business is a unit that makes money by selling happiness. It is very easy to go from that to the idea that Disney wants me, personally, to be happy. And, at the beginning I am! This is great! But, inevitably Disney does something that I am not happy about, and I'm forced to confront the realization that Disney doesn't care at all about me specifically. If I stay, great. But if I leave, well, there are others who will take my place. That's because the world keeps making families with pre-school and school-aged children, some fraction of them are going to make a pilgrimage to a Disney park, and some fraction of those will have one of those under-the-train-station moments and make this a big part of their lives for the next ten or twenty years.

It strikes me that this cognitive dissonance is particularly pronounced with DVC Members. After all, Members are not just your average Disney fan. No no! They own a piece of the Magic. They aren't just visiting the Walt Disney World Resort. No no! They are Welcomed Home! They are special, and valued, and important. Then, the AP program is paused for 18 months, or Magical Express ends, or valet parking is no longer free, and it becomes clear that the Member isn't special at all. They are just someone who bought a timeshare. Coming down off that high is hard.

The longer the Pixie Dust addiction goes on, the harder it is to detox.

----------------
Returning to another theme I write about a lot: I simply do not understand where this idea that Disney is not investing in WDW is coming from. Starting about a decade or so ago, every park had a significant expansion in the form of at least one new or completely redone land: New Fantasyland, the Pandoraverse, Toy Story Land, Galaxy's Edge, the France expansion and the Epcot Spine. That's not even all of it. In that same decade, DVC has added GFV and RIV, plus the hotel conversions at PVB, CCV, and GFV 2.0, with Poly 2.0 on the way.

Last edited:
I think this is a disconnect between the hyper-online fan community (a group that never likes anything) and most people for whom Disney is just a thing they do every few years. The core group of complaining superfans has been around pretty much since I've been a part of the community. For example, any Disney fan "of a certain age" will remember the Declining by Degrees conversation. I remember visiting the parks with a well-known blogger where we spent an evening looking for burned-out lightbulbs so that we could poke fun at the whole idea: "Look, there's one! Vacation ruined!"

Part of that is the inevitable tinge of nostalgia. We tend to remember the good parts of the past more vividly than the not-so-good parts. So, we compare this year's trip to ones in the past, and the hot sweaty crowds and lines for quick service and huge attraction lines all feel so much worse than "it used to be." I will never forget our first visit to a Disney park as a family, when my wife stood under the train station looking up Main Street one last time with tears in her eyes, sad that it was ending. There were certainly lots of frustrating parts to that trip as well, but that's not what I remember.

Another part of this is what I think of as the evolution of any long-time Disney fan. The Parks/Experiences segment of the business is a unit that makes money by selling happiness. It is very easy to go from that to the idea that Disney wants me, personally, to be happy. And, at the beginning I am! This is great! But, inevitably Disney does something that I am not happy about, and I'm forced to confront the realization that Disney doesn't care at all about me specifically. If I stay, great. But if I leave, well, there are others who will take my place. That's because the world keeps making families with pre-school and school-aged children, some fraction of them are going to make a pilgrimage to a Disney park, and some fraction of those will have one of those under-the-train-station moments and make this a big part of their lives for the next ten or twenty years.

It strikes me that this cognitive dissonance is particularly pronounced with DVC Members. After all, Members are not just your average Disney fan. No no! They own a piece of the Magic. They aren't just visiting the Walt Disney World Resort. No no! They are Welcomed Home! They are special, and valued, and important. Then, the AP program is paused for 18 months, or Magical Express ends, or valet parking is no longer free, and it becomes clear that the Member isn't special at all. They are just someone who bought a timeshare. Coming down off that high is hard.

----------------
Returning to another theme I write about a lot: I simply do not understand where this idea that Disney is not investing in WDW is coming from. Starting about a decade or so ago, every park had a significant expansion in the form of at least one new or completely redone land: New Fantasyland, the Pandoraverse, Toy Story Land, Galaxy's Edge, the France expansion and the Epcot Spine. That's not even all of it. In that same decade, DVC has added GFV and RIV, plus the hotel conversions at PVB, CCV, and GFV 2.0, with Poly 2.0 on the way.
Well said and true. Pretty much all passionate enthusiast groups are like this. As I've said many times on here, nobody hates Disney like hard core Disney fans :) Star Wars fans are probably the worst for this particular quirk of human nature that I've seen. They love it soooo much, yet there is absolutely no pleasing them. Ever. Quite the paradox.

I also don't get the claim that the creativity is gone in the parks. Pandora, Galaxy's Edge, GOTG, and the new Toy Story restaurant are just a few recent examples of imagineering and theming that are definitely up to "old Disney" standards IMO.

Then again I've been accused more than once of being a blind Disney shill/apologist so there's that.

----------------
One of the problems with nostalgia is it makes you resistant to change and makes it hard to recognize change for the better. My goodness go back and look at the threads about Happily Ever After replacing Wishes, you’d think Disney had burned the castle down.

I also think the magic fades after a while, and people have trouble coping with that, so they blame Disney for bad decisions when it’s mostly just a natural evolution.

I also don't get the claim that the creativity is gone in the parks. Pandora, Galaxy's Edge, GOTG, and the new Toy Story restaurant are just a few recent examples of imagineering and theming that are definitely up to "old Disney" standards IMO.
Couldn’t agree more. People have expectations that everything will be an overwhelmingly impressive E Ticket now but I’d add Remy, Web-Slingers, and MMRR to that list too as phenomenal D Tickets.

One of the problems with nostalgia is it makes you resistant to change and makes it hard to recognize change for the better. My goodness go back and look at the threads about Happily Ever After replacing Wishes, you’d think Disney had burned the castle down.

I also think the magic fades after a while, and people have trouble coping with that, so they blame Disney for bad decisions when it’s mostly just a natural evolution.
The fireworks show thing always cracks me up. If you look around the crowd, 80% of the people there (made up number) couldn't even tell you what the previous shows were called, much less compare and contrast them down to fine details. In a couple of months they won't be able to tell you the name of this one, or tell you what songs were in it. It will just blend into their memories as one of the cool things they did on their Disney vacation.

Easy to forget most people don't view Disney through the same lens we do. None of that to say we shouldn't expect things that change to still be of high quality, we absolutely should.

Ok, now if you really want to get me going, let's talk about the Epcot "purists". LOL nah, let's not. 8-)

----------------
Well said. People just need to chill. At the end of the day, it's just a vacation. Yeah you pay a lot of money to vacation in Disney, but it's a vacation none-the-less and not some trip to some fantasy world, though it can come close.

I think when change happens, people expect it to be for the better. With DVC, that has not been the case.
That's an unrealistic expectation, that every change will be to everyone's liking. Disappointment is inevitable with that mindset no matter what company we're talking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter