Is Disney expecting high hopes for the live-action version of The Little Mermaid?

Do you think the live-action The Little Mermaid will be a hit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got the junior novelization of the live-action The Little Mermaid for Christmas and as I read it it seems to be modeled after the original Hans Christian Andersen version of The Little Mermaid and seems to be a version of the Tom Hanks/Daryl Hannah movie Splash but from what I read there were new characters added to this version. Like instead of Carlotta from the original animated movie of The Little Mermaid the maid's name is Lashana and there's another character named Rosa and they have put a character named Queen Selina as Eric's mother and about the only character that's original was Sir Grimsby. I think Disney had high hopes that this version of The Little Mermaid was gonna be a huge hit and do just as good as when the animated version debuted in 1989 but I think Disney was concerned that it wouldn't be a hit and was afraid it would be a failure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter