• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it the same???

I love Disney too, but the point of the trip is to spend time together and relax. It sounds like you are the only one that wants the "Disney Magic." I wouldn't spend one day (out of four), going to Disney, because it sounds like they aren't really eager to go, but want to make you happy. I think the purpose of the trip should be to spend time together, and you need to mutually decide what those activities are. My answer would be totally different if your trip was longer.

They let you in at 4 with a party ticket, so if there are rides not open during the party (there used to be a few, but not many) you can do those then.

I think it would be perfect for what you have in mind.
THANK YOU so much! I just bought MVMCP tickets for next week =) so excited. Now I'm trying to find which rides to FP, which resort(s) to go to in the afternoon, and if we should eat at a resort before 4pm... Hope YOU have a 'magical' holiday =)

MDE is My Disney Experience - it is now an account you set up online through the Disney site, where all your info is stored and where you can make your dining reservations and fast passes ahead of time. You download the app onto your phone to use in the park, to see any plans you have made, and check wait times, character locations, etc. If you were staying onsite it would also include the hotel reservation you had made. Do you have a regular Disney account online? If so, you would login under that on the Disneyworld site, and then you would see the My Disney Experience pull down menu on the right side. If not, you would of course have to make one first. If you buy MVMCP tickets, they can be linked there, and everyone's names listed under Friends and Family, and then you would be eligible to make FP for that day - you would choose the date and park(MK), and then pick the rides you wanted that are available at the times you can make FP. Hope that makes sense! If not, feel free to ask more questions! You would want to try and make those as soon as you have tickets, since onsite people could make them at 60 days out, and offsite at 30 days. AKL is Animal Kingdom Lodge, where a PP mentioned starting with Boma brft. if you wanted to start resort tour there, and check out animals as well. You would tour any resorts before entering party, during the day. If you don't want to go to AKL, you could just tour resorts adjacent to MK, by parking at TTC, and then riding the resort monorail to visit Poly, GF, and/or Contemporary, and could take the boat over to WL. Good places to eat at each of those, both Table Service and Quick Service, if you want to have lunch along the way, so once you know what you want to do, we can help you with those if you want!

The park is technically less crowded during the party since only a certain number of tickets are sold for each night, and other patrons have to stop rides at 6, and leave by 7, so when you arrive(usually start letting in around 3:45, so be there by 3:15 to get through security/get in line) there will still be a full park. So you should be able to schedule FP from say 3:30-4:30 and 4:30 to 5:30, to be in shorter lines. During the party, some people get in lines for more rare characters that are out, like 7 Dwarfs, Moana, Jack Skellington(Sandy Claws), and will get spots ahead for parade and fireworks, while others try to ride more rides. Seems like 7 Dwarfs Mine Train ride( most popular new ride) and Peter Pan still tend to have longer lines, but others generally are very reasonable. Most advise going to second parade, supposed to be less crowded, and can ride things during 1st parade. Check out this thread for info. on the party, and what events happen at which times, so you could plan any you might like to see, like parade or fireworks: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...tmas-party-2017-believe-in-the-magic.3587769/

Let us know what other questions we can help you answer!:earsgirl:

MDE is My Disney Experience - it is now an account you set up online through the Disney site, where all your info is stored and where you can make your dining reservations and fast passes ahead of time. You download the app onto your phone to use in the park, to see any plans you have made, and check wait times, character locations, etc. If you were staying onsite it would also include the hotel reservation you had made. Do you have a regular Disney account online? If so, you would login under that on the Disneyworld site, and then you would see the My Disney Experience pull down menu on the right side. If not, you would of course have to make one first. If you buy MVMCP tickets, they can be linked there, and everyone's names listed under Friends and Family, and then you would be eligible to make FP for that day - you would choose the date and park(MK), and then pick the rides you wanted that are available at the times you can make FP. Hope that makes sense! If not, feel free to ask more questions! You would want to try and make those as soon as you have tickets, since onsite people could make them at 60 days out, and offsite at 30 days. AKL is Animal Kingdom Lodge, where a PP mentioned starting with Boma brft. if you wanted to start resort tour there, and check out animals as well. You would tour any resorts before entering party, during the day. If you don't want to go to AKL, you could just tour resorts adjacent to MK, by parking at TTC, and then riding the resort monorail to visit Poly, GF, and/or Contemporary, and could take the boat over to WL. Good places to eat at each of those, both Table Service and Quick Service, if you want to have lunch along the way, so once you know what you want to do, we can help you with those if you want!

The park is technically less crowded during the party since only a certain number of tickets are sold for each night, and other patrons have to stop rides at 6, and leave by 7, so when you arrive(usually start letting in around 3:45, so be there by 3:15 to get through security/get in line) there will still be a full park. So you should be able to schedule FP from say 3:30-4:30 and 4:30 to 5:30, to be in shorter lines. During the party, some people get in lines for more rare characters that are out, like 7 Dwarfs, Moana, Jack Skellington(Sandy Claws), and will get spots ahead for parade and fireworks, while others try to ride more rides. Seems like 7 Dwarfs Mine Train ride( most popular new ride) and Peter Pan still tend to have longer lines, but others generally are very reasonable. Most advise going to second parade, supposed to be less crowded, and can ride things during 1st parade. Check out this thread for info. on the party, and what events happen at which times, so you could plan any you might like to see, like parade or fireworks: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...tmas-party-2017-believe-in-the-magic.3587769/

Let us know what other questions we can help you answer!:earsgirl:

Okay...I just lost all that I typed! So if you get a notice that I responded and there was nothing...I'm sorry :/
THANK YOU for your post!! I think we'll do everything that you suggested =) I got MVMCP tickets yesterday, so now I have to figure the rest. We leave Monday to go to the party on Thurs. If you wouldn't mind, can you help me out a little more? Love the idea of parking at TTC and taking the boat to WL, and then the monorail to see Poly, GF and Contemporary...My question is timing. Can we see 2 - 3 resorts (which do you suggest) + eat at Table Service and get to MK by 3:15pm so we're in by 4? I'd like to leave our off-site resort at 11:30am, arrive at TTC by 12, and eat at 2pm. Is that doable? (I've got 2 big game hunting guides as sons, so AKL won't thrill them, and they've been out west for 6mos., so we wouldn't eat BBQ at WL.) We'd like to eat a LARGE meal before we get to MK. Any place you suggest?

Also, I read that party goers enter through a special Event entrance and not the main gate. Do you know where that is so that we don't waste valuable time trying to figure that one out?

And I read that part of the experience with the Peter pan ride is to go through the que. Should we NOT FP that one and ride it during a show or parade? Any favorite rides we should FP before 6pm?
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!

one last question...should i just get FP for whatever I can get between 330 - 6pm on the night of the MVMCP? The 2 rides we want (most popular ones: 7 drawfs, PPan) are not available...so should i just use the FP on other rides? or can i keep trying? is it wise?

Okay...I just lost all that I typed! So if you get a notice that I responded and there was nothing...I'm sorry :/
THANK YOU for your post!! I think we'll do everything that you suggested =) I got MVMCP tickets yesterday, so now I have to figure the rest. We leave Monday to go to the party on Thurs. If you wouldn't mind, can you help me out a little more? Love the idea of parking at TTC and taking the boat to WL, and then the monorail to see Poly, GF and Contemporary...My question is timing. Can we see 2 - 3 resorts (which do you suggest) + eat at Table Service and get to MK by 3:15pm so we're in by 4? I'd like to leave our off-site resort at 11:30am, arrive at TTC by 12, and eat at 2pm. Is that doable? (I've got 2 big game hunting guides as sons, so AKL won't thrill them, and they've been out west for 6mos., so we wouldn't eat BBQ at WL.) We'd like to eat a LARGE meal before we get to MK. Any place you suggest?

Also, I read that party goers enter through a special Event entrance and not the main gate. Do you know where that is so that we don't waste valuable time trying to figure that one out?

And I read that part of the experience with the Peter pan ride is to go through the que. Should we NOT FP that one and ride it during a show or parade? Any favorite rides we should FP before 6pm?
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!

one last question...should i just get FP for whatever I can get between 330 - 6pm on the night of the MVMCP? The 2 rides we want (most popular ones: 7 drawfs, PPan) are not available...so should i just use the FP on other rides? or can i keep trying? is it wise?

So excited for you! As far as FP, make the ones you can now, and then you can always modify if something else pops up. Since PP and 7DMT are not available as expected, pick others you might be into like any of the mountains (Space, Splash, Big Thunder), Haunted Mansion, Pirates, or Jingle Cruise (this is more popular at this time of year). You may be able to get three, depending on time they are cutting off this year - 3:30, 4:30, and 5:30 if possible - not sure about the third, but you can try it. Then you can go into FP on app and try to modify, even up till day of, as some people will drop if they get them done in the morning, etc. PP bedroom scene in que is supposed to be cool as you mentioned (have only done it with a FP recently so have not checked it out), so you can try and jump in line when lower wait time comes up since no FP available now anyway(you can keep checking it on app). 7DMT will probably remain the longest wait all night, while many others will be short or walk on. Remember when you arrive, many will be entering for party, and regular guests still there trying to get in their last rides, so it will be busy, but will drop down after official party start.

As far as timing, you will definitely need more time. I would plan to leave by about 10, to be at TTC at 10:30, hopefully catch boat around 11, be at WL by 11:30. Probably stay about 1/2 hr, then head back around 12, be back to monorail around 12:30. Then catch monorail to 1st resort by 1:00 - timing is always a little different, depending on how long for boat to come, security screening, etc.

Now for lunch, it depends on your taste and budget. Since you don't want to eat at WCC at WL, then you would eat at one of the monorail resorts. If it were dinner, I would recommend Ohana for a large feast, but they do not serve lunch. A lot of people enjoy The Wave at the Contemporary - if you choose this, there is also a boat stop there from WL - check out the menu on the website or app to see if you are interested. Kona Cafe at the Poly or Grand Floridian Cafe(at GF of course!) are two other possibilities - they are all TS that serve lunch, so check menus and compare. Whichever you like, make a reservation - currently they all look like they have some availability. I would probably try to eat first - reserve around 1:15, and if early, you can check out decor, or try to get seated. Then when you are done, you should hopefully have about an hour to see the other two - if everyone views the menu beforehand, you can probably order quickly which will help. The Grand Floridian is the best of the three IMHO, with the giant gingerbread house, so if you run short on time, that is the one not to miss! Once you pick a place and grab a reservation (you will have to guarantee with cc, but will not be charged, and you can cancel or modify time up until night before), post back and we can refine your transportation plan!

So excited for you! As far as FP, make the ones you can now, and then you can always modify if something else pops up. Since PP and 7DMT are not available as expected, pick others you might be into like any of the mountains (Space, Splash, Big Thunder), Haunted Mansion, Pirates, or Jingle Cruise (this is more popular at this time of year). You may be able to get three, depending on time they are cutting off this year - 3:30, 4:30, and 5:30 if possible - not sure about the third, but you can try it. Then you can go into FP on app and try to modify, even up till day of, as some people will drop if they get them done in the morning, etc. PP bedroom scene in que is supposed to be cool as you mentioned (have only done it with a FP recently so have not checked it out), so you can try and jump in line when lower wait time comes up since no FP available now anyway(you can keep checking it on app). 7DMT will probably remain the longest wait all night, while many others will be short or walk on. Remember when you arrive, many will be entering for party, and regular guests still there trying to get in their last rides, so it will be busy, but will drop down after official party start.

As far as timing, you will definitely need more time. I would plan to leave by about 10, to be at TTC at 10:30, hopefully catch boat around 11, be at WL by 11:30. Probably stay about 1/2 hr, then head back around 12, be back to monorail around 12:30. Then catch monorail to 1st resort by 1:00 - timing is always a little different, depending on how long for boat to come, security screening, etc.

Now for lunch, it depends on your taste and budget. Since you don't want to eat at WCC at WL, then you would eat at one of the monorail resorts. If it were dinner, I would recommend Ohana for a large feast, but they do not serve lunch. A lot of people enjoy The Wave at the Contemporary - if you choose this, there is also a boat stop there from WL - check out the menu on the website or app to see if you are interested. Kona Cafe at the Poly or Grand Floridian Cafe(at GF of course!) are two other possibilities - they are all TS that serve lunch, so check menus and compare. Whichever you like, make a reservation - currently they all look like they have some availability. I would probably try to eat first - reserve around 1:15, and if early, you can check out decor, or try to get seated. Then when you are done, you should hopefully have about an hour to see the other two - if everyone views the menu beforehand, you can probably order quickly which will help. The Grand Floridian is the best of the three IMHO, with the giant gingerbread house, so if you run short on time, that is the one not to miss! Once you pick a place and grab a reservation (you will have to guarantee with cc, but will not be charged, and you can cancel or modify time up until night before), post back and we can refine your transportation plan!

Okay!! I guess BBQ never gets old, lol. So we're going to lunch at WCC at 110pm. Sooo...leave our place at 10am. Get to TTC by 1030 and go to Poly & GF, and then the boat to WL for lunch and the sights. Does that sound doable??? BTW, THANKS SO MUCH for helping!!! =)

Okay!! I guess BBQ never gets old, lol. So we're going to lunch at WCC at 110pm. Sooo...leave our place at 10am. Get to TTC by 1030 and go to Poly & GF, and then the boat to WL for lunch and the sights. Does that sound doable??? BTW, THANKS SO MUCH for helping!!! =)

Yes, sounds good! You want to get on the Resort monorail at the TTC(not the Express). It will stop at Poly first, so you can get off, then get back on to GF(next stop), then back on to MK(next stop). Be aware there is now security check points at each stop from what I understand. Plan to be headed to MK by about 12:15, so you can get off and head to the boat dock for WL(Red Flag) by about 12:30. If you get there early you can get pics and check out the tree before you check in at the restaurant. .

If have not done WCC before you will love it! If you enjoy some fun at your meal, don't forget to ask for ketchup (whether you need it or not!), extra napkins, straws, and an extra large glass of water (not all at once though!) and enjoy the hijinks. You can then take boat back to MK, or if you have extra time, could take the other boat that ends up at Contemporary if you want to check it out, and can walk to MK from there as well.

If you haven't yet, check out the MVMCP thread so you can see the schedule for events and areas with special treats you can grab, for some advance planning. You can try and hit second parade(supposed to be less crowded) if you are interested, and somebody wants a break, to find a spot ahead and hold it while others do rides,etc. Try and catch the castle lighting(Frozen Wish) - shown twice on party nights - cool to see it come to life! :wizard: Was just there in Nov. and so happy to see it lit up again - it is my screensaver! Hopefully you got a few FP to get you started on your night. Let me know if you think of anything else - glad to help! You will definitely be in the Christmas spirit after this day!:santa:

Yes, sounds good! You want to get on the Resort monorail at the TTC(not the Express). It will stop at Poly first, so you can get off, then get back on to GF(next stop), then back on to MK(next stop). Be aware there is now security check points at each stop from what I understand. Plan to be headed to MK by about 12:15, so you can get off and head to the boat dock for WL(Red Flag) by about 12:30. If you get there early you can get pics and check out the tree before you check in at the restaurant. .

If have not done WCC before you will love it! If you enjoy some fun at your meal, don't forget to ask for ketchup (whether you need it or not!), extra napkins, straws, and an extra large glass of water (not all at once though!) and enjoy the hijinks. You can then take boat back to MK, or if you have extra time, could take the other boat that ends up at Contemporary if you want to check it out, and can walk to MK from there as well.

If you haven't yet, check out the MVMCP thread so you can see the schedule for events and areas with special treats you can grab, for some advance planning. You can try and hit second parade(supposed to be less crowded) if you are interested, and somebody wants a break, to find a spot ahead and hold it while others do rides,etc. Try and catch the castle lighting(Frozen Wish) - shown twice on party nights - cool to see it come to life! :wizard: Was just there in Nov. and so happy to see it lit up again - it is my screensaver! Hopefully you got a few FP to get you started on your night. Let me know if you think of anything else - glad to help! You will definitely be in the Christmas spirit after this day!:santa:
Ok. Last question! How much time would you allow for travel from wcc to cr and to walk to mk? This is awesome!!

You want to get on the Blue Flag boat. The blue route consists of two launches transporting guests around Bay Lake between Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, and Contemporary Resort. The two launches operate in opposite direction, meeting at the Contemporary. Make sure you get on the one heading to the Contemporary, not Fort Wilderness! The actual boat trip is less than 10 minutes and the walk to MK is less than 10 minutes. There is security to contend with. All told, I would give myself 45 minutes. Of course, if you are running late just grab the Red Flag boat that goes directly from WL to MK!

Ok. Last question! How much time would you allow for travel from wcc to cr and to walk to mk? This is awesome!!

Exactly what Gehrig1B posted above - so if you are heading out by 2:30, you could do it and get over to MK around 3:15, and if not just take the Red back to MK. Have fun! Let us know how you make out!

Wow! What a great trip! ALL THANKS TO YOU and Disboards =) I'm so glad I heeded your advice!!! First off, fantastic suggestion to have us go to MVMCP! It was PERFECT. Just enough time and "Disney" for those who couldn't wait to get there, and those who can only take crowds in small doses. And by going to MVMCP, we saved a bit of $ AND sampled ALL of the free treats they had to offer: egg nog, soft pretzels, cookies, snow cones, etc. (my family are foodies!) That was a bonus!!!

We had a late start to the morning and didn't get to the TTC til 11am. So we only toured one resort. So glad you told us to definitely go to the GF! Bee-utiful. And fun - with the gingerbread house and super size bird cage. Totally wanna stay there next time =) Even my 3 BOYS were impressed. Lunch at the WCC at Fort Wilderness was "the bomb." My boys (one's a legit cowboy!) have had BBQ in Cali, Texas, Colorado, NMexico, Oklahoma and Tennesee, (we're from NY) and thoroughly enjoyed the All You Can eat BBQ.

The transportation directions were spot-on. THANK YOU!!! We took the Ferry from GF to Wilderness. Ate lunch, then missed the Red Flag Ferry back to MK! And we noticed the Ferry was "stuck" in the water for a bit in the middle of the lake on the way back to MK, and thought "uh-oh!" Since time was ticking, and it was 330 already (we were trying to get back to MK by 4pm for early entry into the Party), we decided to go on the Blue Flag Ferry. Because of YOU, I knew to go on that boat to the Contemporary Resort where we'd be able to walk to MK. By doing that, we got to MK at 4:05 =) We "ran" to our first FP which started at 3:20, and used our last 2 FP's before 6pm. Then we had 1 hour to enjoy the park before the party began!

The crowds were almost non-existent; so nice! Probably because we didn't see the shows, which we were totally okay with. We did see the lighting of the castle though. We also rode all the rides we wanted. The longest we waited was 20 min for the 7 Drawfs' roller coaster. Not bad!! The fireworks were crazy fantastic and since we caught the tail end of the early parade, we headed out just as the last parade began.

Just want to say THANK YOU again for EVERYONE'S advice, counsel, suggestions, opinions, and the time they took to be on Disboards. You truly helped to make our vacation MAGICAL =). May you have a very happy holiday season!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter