Is the Magic Gone? My observations after returning for the first time in six years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to go to WDW all the time, like at least every year. had APs even though we are on the West Coast. Then one year we felt like it was changing (many of you will laugh at this now) so we stopped and started spending our vacations in Europe. From business travel I had almost 2M miles built up anyway so was easy to spend on Europe. Anyway this year is our first time back in over 12 years. We were shocked at the prices but we’re going anyway. We are quite interested to see how the magic will be for us. It used to feel like Christmas morning for a little kid every time we returned (Until we started feeling like it wasn’t and quit going), so I will be sure to report back.
We only started going regularly in 2017, and every time we've been, the magic has been there. We're putting it to the test potentially this coming late summer/fall, but I'm encouraged.

I normally just walk away from these comments, but I have to disagree with you. There are PLENTY of studies that show that alcohol elevates violence in even moderate consumption. If you would have read my comment a few posts down you might not have jumped down my throat. In no way did I say ban alcohol, just don't overdo it. I must point out the inaccurate statement about alcohol. Just read studies on it like the one below.

https://www.alcohol.org/effects/drinking-and-fighting/
Debate is not jumping down anyone’s throat. Don’t be offended by other view points, limits your ability to grow. You have no right to dictate legal behaviors to other adults. “Moral outrage” at inanimate object never fixes anything. Tipper Gore is still trying to ban Tupac 🙄

Case in point:

Do you want to close down McDonalds and Taco Bell because they literally kill 100,000 times more people than alcohol or alcoholics ever do. Is your BMI above the standard? Should I have to suffer people who are killing themselves. Maybe I should have the “right” to not let them into the park so they don’t set bad examples for my children and their long term health. Tacos kill more than tequila. Truth

All of the above is said purposefully for jest. Blame the person for their inability to share the world properly, don’t wrap the problems in convenient excuses. Unless all the fights at malls, airports, Waffle House and Starbucks alcohol related. We have social issues in America that desperately need fixed, Budweiser isn’t the real reason, not even close.

Debate is not jumping down anyone’s throat. Don’t be offended by other view points, limits your ability to grow. You have no right to dictate legal behaviors to other adults. “Moral outrage” at inanimate object never fixes anything. Tipper Gore is still trying to ban Tupac 🙄

Case in point:

Do you want to close down McDonalds and Taco Bell because they literally kill 100,000 times more people than alcohol or alcoholics ever do. Is your BMI above the standard? Should I have to suffer people who are killing themselves. Maybe I should have the “right” to not let them into the park so they don’t set bad examples for my children and their long term health. Tacos kill more than tequila. Truth

All of the above is said purposefully for jest. Blame the person for their inability to share the world properly, don’t wrap the problems in convenient excuses. Unless all the fights at malls, airports, Waffle House and Starbucks alcohol related. We have social issues in America that desperately need fixed, Budweiser isn’t the real reason, not even close.
So based on your logic of no moral standards; killing should be legal? A functioning society has to have a moral standard or there is chaos.

I was not dictating to anyone what they "have to do" anything.

You can have your opinion, just let me have mine. Last I checked we are still allowed to have them. That and take your own advice and listen to other viewpoints and allow yourself to grow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter