Is There Interest in a FW DISMeet in Oct 2021? UPDATE: No But The DISMeet Concept Lives On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happily none of my nieces or nephews have announced any wedding plans for next year. Also we were looking a trip to PF next year anyway so Michael drop me a line. We're not too picky on CG's but do prefer ones with a Dog Park as our SKY hates to go on a leash and will select one area as far from our site as she can get away with to do her thing when on a leash.

October is just tough for us with school. Even with everyone virtual this year, we still cannot do all that much virtual schooling from the RV this year. So sadly that would be out for us next year. We still have plans for July 2021 and hopefully a November Camping somewhere.

Happily none of my nieces or nephews have announced any wedding plans for next year. Also we were looking a trip to PF next year anyway so Michael drop me a line. We're not too picky on CG's but do prefer ones with a Dog Park as our SKY hates to go on a leash and will select one area as far from our site as she can get away with to do her thing when on a leash.

Will do Mike. I'm going to take advantage of down day here tomorrowto make some calls and speak to a few campgrounds. Just keep a watch here.

October is just tough for us with school. Even with everyone virtual this year, we still cannot do all that much virtual schooling from the RV this year. So sadly that would be out for us next year. We still have plans for July 2021 and hopefully a November Camping somewhere.

I agree, thats why we were thinking 1st or 2nd week of June in 2021. I'm in same boat as you.

@jbrostek i think we are looking at June 2021 for pigeon forge.

We rebooked our beach trip for June 2021! School ends June 11th, we leave for Camp Hatteras on the 12th. Should try a beach trip ;)

If I did go to Pigeon Forge and planned to work I think I would go back to The Ridge Outdoor as they had rock solid wifi. Where do you normally book?

I agree, thats why we were thinking 1st or 2nd week of June in 2021. I'm in same boat as you.

The kids we could take out a day or two. It's Melissa's lack of any paid time off during the school year that limits us or she has to take leave without pay.

Ok, us northerners feeling a bit left out. So, i k ow i can look it up, but what is around pigeon forge. More for kids , then me . Lol. If its after the school year ends , i might make the trip. Unfortunately, my knowlage of the area is non existent.

Ok, us northerners feeling a bit left out. So, i k ow i can look it up, but what is around pigeon forge. More for kids , then me . Lol. If its after the school year ends , i might make the trip. Unfortunately, my knowlage of the area is non existent.
Zip lining, white water rafting, go carts, all sorts of touristy amusement stuff.

Ok, i have the correct area, lol. I will look around a bit. Im thinking about it.

Between the cities of Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg there are endless things to do. The Smoky Mountains are my favorite place. When we lived there I hiked in that park every weekend. The best views ARE NOT found from the road, I'll promise you that.

If you go over the pass into North Carolina you will find an Indian heritage treasure trove in Cherokee, NC. On the south side of park is The Great Smoky Mountains Railroad that offers scenic rides and white water rafting.

If you get bored there its your own fault.

Much like Lake George, I was also thinking Watkins/Glen, Seneca Falls, Ithaca where you have multiple town areas surrounding a big NP area with hiking and other trails.

Both directions are 8 hours tow for us, but its been years since any of us made it to the beach. Which is why I nudged for Hatteras where we will be.

Spoke with Linda at Pine Mountain again yesterday to clarify a few things some of you had mentioned or asked about.

@PaHunter , I inquired again with them about your parking options. They strongly suggested you get a creekside site as they are the longest. Also, they have parking available for Old Yeller up front and you will not be charged for the parking. @tigger92662 had mentioned that they charged an extra $10 a night for their trailer and apparently that is true, but the charge does not apply to tow vehicles so she assured me you would not have to pay extra for parking.

@FtW Mike , they do not offer a dog park where Sky can run free there. The only RV location I found that had a dedicated dog park was River Plantation RV park back near the northern edge of Sevierville. Everyone else was pet friendly, but by leash only.

@friendofeeyore , I did inquire about the cabins located at Pine Mountain. There are two available, however, they are not pet friendly from what Linda was telling me.

There is a 10% discount on sites if you are first responder or military.

Trolley pickup is available across the street. I attached a PDF down below of trolley route for Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Pine Mountain is located on the South Route which is brown. Also, here is the link to the trolley information site. https://www.pigeonforge.com/trolley/

There is a Mainstay Suites located across the street and the campground has an agreement with them that the folks staying at the campground have access to the pool offered at the hotel.

They do not offer a group discount or booking. It will have to be done on an individual basis. The opening for booking is 6 months from the planned departure date.

The focus to this point has seemed to be Pine Mountain mainly because of location and there are several of you who have experience there. I personally have not stayed there, but I know from MANY trips there that the location is very good for a group that will be interested in different things. This is not set in stone however, so I welcome other input on resorts if you have any.

Attachments

• Pigeon-Forge-Trolley-Route.pdf
    164.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Gatlinburg Trolley Route.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
So 6 months from Departure Date, sounds like Disney Booking rules will be in effect, I may have to call them every day for a week an a half.

For the in season pricing, maybe fore comparison you should take a good look at The Ridge Outdoor Resort. They have cabins and huge back in sites with solid power and wifi. I really liked the resort location and the sites are massive. My only negative I found was since its so new the lack of mature shade tree was a bit of a downer.

Pines sound pretty good too, and on the water is nice.

Just checked Ridge Outdoor for the 4th thru the 14, and there are only 20 sites available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter