• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Italian restaurant recommendations

My fiancee and I are planning to go to WDW in early-mid April and we'd like to have a nice Italian dinner one night, so we are looking for recommendations. Your best in-park, and not-in-park, recommendations would be appreciated since we're not sure park-hopping will be a thing yet. Price really isn't a factor either.

Thanks!
Being from Boston and Italian food is important to us. Having said that, we have tried, Mama Melrose(HS) it’s just ok more like Olive Garden, Tutto Italia was better but for me not the end all. Via Napoli had really good pizza, like the North End of Boston. The best Italian that we tried was on the boardwalk, Trattoria di forno, best service, good selection food was very good and we never felt rushed. Tutto we were rushed in and out. Not a good experience. During the food and wine festival however the 5 course luncheon at the wine cellar of Tutto Italia was superb. We have done that twice. Never eat at the Swan, but I have heard good things. Don’t eat at Tony’s. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Been going to the on site and off sites for many many years. I wanted to like Mama Melrose, I gave it several tries, I have gotten violently ill each time. One time I just had a salad and a piece of pizza and I was ok. This is not authentic Italian food. Chicken parm was awful. It's the sauce. yuck.

I did like the restaurant in Epcot/Italy but it was a bit pricey. Food was pretty good, i think it was northern Italian.Waiters were hot. lol

Off site is Delmonico's on I drive- hands down. Same owner as the NYC restaurant. What was once called "continental" menu. Fantastic steaks, homemade pasta dishes, Portabello? mushrooms. Yum! I reviewed it on line. Not sure I can give the websites name. But it starts with trip.LOL Many good reviews for restaurants, hotels.

Many on site restaurants are mediocre at best. Don't kill me! There are a handful that are the exceptions. this is my opinion, we all have different tastes.

Off-property I would recommend Pacino's. It's across the street from Old Towne. Very good. Wife and I went there on a whim once, and where kicking ourselves that we had never gone there sooner. Fantastic.

Pacino's Italian Ristorante
5795 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746

In park, go with Via Napoli. I love the pizza and the pasta. Out of the parks, Maria and Enzos at DS. Good food and a fun theme (plus you can walk over to the ganachery afterward for dessert!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter