It's a Cat World After All! A Sept TR (Updated 8/4 Page 11)

Aw man, I totally followed along with your PTR and have been wondering when I would find it! Yay!!

We’re staying at POFQ this coming Sept, glad I get to read all about it now! We also had some overlapping in our trip days! Yay!

AH! We were at AK on the same day! That rain storm was NOT FUN to be there for. I will always remember RUNNING from Dinoland to Africa and running across that bridge the thunder was so loud we were so scared!!

Looks like Ragland Rd was at least a better experience than AK was!

A nice evening at DHS, and some good pool time too, glad you guys managed to avoid the rain that day!

Glad you guys had a nice morning in MK, and isn’t the themeing in Storybook Circus perfect!!?

Aww, love the pictures with the characters, Cole and Minnie are adorable! Glad that CM’s was okay, we’re doing dinner there this Sept and I’m nervous about some of the stuff I’ve heard. I can’t expect service to be great as buffets in Disney usually have disappearing wait staff, but fingers crossed!

Duffy’s so cute!! Love the nighttime pictures of Epcot, so pretty!!

Awesome trip so far! Excited to read more!!

Aw man, I totally followed along with your PTR and have been wondering when I would find it! Yay!!

We’re staying at POFQ this coming Sept, glad I get to read all about it now! We also had some overlapping in our trip days! Yay!

AH! We were at AK on the same day! That rain storm was NOT FUN to be there for. I will always remember RUNNING from Dinoland to Africa and running across that bridge the thunder was so loud we were so scared!!

Looks like Ragland Rd was at least a better experience than AK was!

A nice evening at DHS, and some good pool time too, glad you guys managed to avoid the rain that day!

Glad you guys had a nice morning in MK, and isn’t the themeing in Storybook Circus perfect!!?

Aww, love the pictures with the characters, Cole and Minnie are adorable! Glad that CM’s was okay, we’re doing dinner there this Sept and I’m nervous about some of the stuff I’ve heard. I can’t expect service to be great as buffets in Disney usually have disappearing wait staff, but fingers crossed!

Duffy’s so cute!! Love the nighttime pictures of Epcot, so pretty!!

Awesome trip so far! Excited to read more!!

Welcome back!!! Glad to have you here.

We adored POFQ...gorgeous grounds, very quiet, pool was great, loved the food court...can't wait to stay there again someday.

That storm at AK was downright scary. I thought we were going to be at our restaurant all day.

We have always had wonderful service at Chef Mickey's; this must have been an off day. Funny enough, our server that day had been our server in 2010 and she was great!

I'm sorry for all the rain! Madison and Cole look so cute as Woody and Jessie! We are going this year Sept 7-12 and I am sad that MNSSHP won't be going on. We ate at T-Rex on our September trip last year too. It was our first time there, we really liked it. Great updates!!

Awww, poor Cole! You can see how hot and sleepy he is in that boat picture!
I'm sorry your whole family couldn't enjoy the party together-- Cole must have really hated that rain cover! I hate when rain spoils plans in WDW!

Didn't know you started back up Meghan!

Seems like you are doing so much even with the rain.

It is different when you have a little one with you now. I know my DH and DS get lots of pool time in because of the napping and generally slower moving of our trips now. But they love pool time so no worries :)

The pictures with Minnie/Mickey are so cute!

I'm sorry for all the rain! Madison and Cole look so cute as Woody and Jessie! We are going this year Sept 7-12 and I am sad that MNSSHP won't be going on. We ate at T-Rex on our September trip last year too. It was our first time there, we really liked it. Great updates!!

The rain really did stink. We just had to make the most of it!

My mom helped me make their costumes for MNSSHP. I wanted the kids to stay cool and traditional Woody & Jessie costumes are so hot! I really liked how they turned out.

That stinks that you'll be missing MNSSHP this year...I love that party so much! I really hope our whole family will be able to do it again sometime in the future.

T-Rex has very yummy food and I love dining with the dinos!

Awww, poor Cole! You can see how hot and sleepy he is in that boat picture!
I'm sorry your whole family couldn't enjoy the party together-- Cole must have really hated that rain cover! I hate when rain spoils plans in WDW!

He was very cranky that day at DTD...especially since we had to wait so long for the boat.

When I think back about the party, it still makes me sad that Tony & Cole had to leave. The rain cover just made Cole so angry! However, a rainy day at Disney is better than a sunny day at home!

Didn't know you started back up Meghan!

Seems like you are doing so much even with the rain.

It is different when you have a little one with you now. I know my DH and DS get lots of pool time in because of the napping and generally slower moving of our trips now. But they love pool time so no worries :)

The pictures with Minnie/Mickey are so cute!

Hey Rosie! Yup, I decided I needed to finish this TR...couldn't leave it stranded.

We tried not to let the rain stop us, but with Cole it was hard.

Madison LOVES having a lot of pool time and we were already used to taking midday breaks. It wasn't a big deal for us having to go back to the resort...sometimes we were just there longer than expected! We didn't like having to wake up Cole.

Thanks! I was glad that we all got to see Mickey & Minnie in their MNSSHP outfits. Too cute!

After our quick pit stop, we decided to start trick or treating.

We started in Adventureland by the Jungle Cruise….people were complaining that they were handing out bananas. What?! That location was sponsored by Chiquita..what do you expect? They also handed out candy. Anyways…we had to stop for a quick Dole Whip before we continued. YUM! We had to stop at the Diamond Horseshoe for Woody & Jessie’s dance party. They were playing Justin Beiber (ew…no one in this house likes him) and Jessie started dancing with Madison! She was so embarrassed!

Sorry so blurry! The characters don’t really stop for pictures with the kids.

We got through about ½ of the trick or treat locations before HalloWishes. We started watching from the Tomorrowland bridge, but we couldn’t see. We moved towards the Mad Tea Party and it was awesome! We were surrounded by the fireworks…so cool and a different way of viewing the fireworks. We finished up the trick or treat locations and our bags were so heavy! It was still lightly raining which made the characters lines quite long.

We stopped at Cosmic Rays to rest our feet and I caught up on my trip journal. We needed to go find spots for the 2nd parade! On our way to Main Street, we saw Merida!!!! (10:15pm) She had a small line, so that was nice.

The couple behind us were dressed up at Carl and Ellie from "Up"! I think they were Cast Members too.

After meeting Merida, we walked down Main Street a bit to watch the parade. We ended up standing in front of the watch store. The Headless Horseman didn’t ride that night due to the wet roads (that’s what heard anyways). We watched most of the parade, but left as Goofy was coming down the street. Our feet were hurting and we had an early morning.

Waiting for the parade to begin

Captain Jack

Grave diggers...they are so cool!

Haunted Mansion ballroom dancers

Hitchhiking ghosts

We were at the bus stop at 10:50pm and back at POFQ and in bed by 11:30pm. What a night!

Aw, that dang rain! Poor Cole, I'm sure he didn't like being under that rain cover!! I'm glad you guys still made the best of it and you and Maddie got to enjoy the party more. I'm sure when he's out of the stroller he'll be up for a late night party!

You got some cool pictures - We didn't see Merida or remember to get pictures with Mickey and Minnie in their costumes. Maybe another time...
I thought that parade was awesome! So creative and different from the usual.

I am so glad you decided to finish this. I remember reading your last one. You have a beautiful family. I cannot wait to go back to MNSSHP. sorry the rain almost ruined it.:( but you and your DD look like you still managed to have a good time!

Aw, that dang rain! Poor Cole, I'm sure he didn't like being under that rain cover!! I'm glad you guys still made the best of it and you and Maddie got to enjoy the party more. I'm sure when he's out of the stroller he'll be up for a late night party!

You got some cool pictures - We didn't see Merida or remember to get pictures with Mickey and Minnie in their costumes. Maybe another time...
I thought that parade was awesome! So creative and different from the usual.

Second time it rained on us at MNSSHP. :sad2: At least in 2010 the rain stopped by 7:30pm and we had a beautiful evening. I was bummed that we didn't get to meet any of the villains or do any other character meet & greets. The line for Pooh & friends was a mile long so was Tink's. It was great meeting Merida though....Madison loves her. Madison and I have never been alone that long in the parks before so it was nice getting some girl time. She still had a blast!

Thanks! That parade is by far my favorite....the song is now stuck in my head though!!!

I am so glad you decided to finish this. I remember reading your last one. You have a beautiful family. I cannot wait to go back to MNSSHP. sorry the rain almost ruined it.:( but you and your DD look like you still managed to have a good time!

I'm glad too! It just didn't feel right without finishing this thing. I know I'm posting updates like crazy, but it's so much fun!

Aw, thanks. :goodvibes I think my family is pretty great too.

MNSSHP is so awesome...just wish we could experience it without any rain someday!

Meghan, is that a new ticker in you signature??

Love the interaction wit Merida!!

Meghan, is that a new ticker in you signature??

Love the interaction wit Merida!!

It sure is!!! I was invited to the Earmarked Conference being held in WDW this September! So humbled and excited that I was invited....I can't wait!

Merida was fantastic! Loved her accent and she was so sweet to Madison.

It sure is!!! I was invited to the Earmarked Conference being held in WDW this September! So humbled and excited that I was invited....I can't wait!

Yay!
:yay:

Can I just say I'm really glad you decided to finish this TR? I really love seeing the pictures and hearing about your trip! So thanks!

Yay!
:yay:

Can I just say I'm really glad you decided to finish this TR? I really love seeing the pictures and hearing about your trip! So thanks!

Aw, thanks! :goodvibes I really do love reliving my trip. Even when I wear the clothes I've purchased for past trips I get a smile on my face. For example....today I'm wearing the tank I wore to Cape May Cafe!

I'm all caught up and reading along!

Your kids are so cute and I love their Woody and Jessie costumes!

I used to Irish stepdance until I was maybe a year or two older than Madison. I regret stopping so much.

Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip! :goodvibes

I'm so happy you've started back with the TR! I love reading about your sweet family!

I am looking forward to a relaxing day on our next trip. We're doing resort/DTD for an entire day (except for dinner that night at 1900 Park Fare), but now I'm thinking I should have planned that on the MNSSHP night! Hmmm...wonder if I can do some rearranging...

It stinks when the party doesn't go as planned. I should know after our 1st (and last) attempt!:sick: At least it made for an interesting TR, I guess. We are trying it again this year to give it a fair chance. I'm pretty excited to see it.

Have you noticed that the picture of the castle with the people in ponchos looks like they're ghosts?! Fitting for MNSSHP!!

Glad y'all got plenty of candy (and bananas--my kids would be thrilled!) and got to see the second parade. I heard the second one is less crowded, anyway, so maybe the mistiming was for a reason!!

Can't wait to read more!:cool1:

I'm all caught up and reading along!

Your kids are so cute and I love their Woody and Jessie costumes!

I used to Irish stepdance until I was maybe a year or two older than Madison. I regret stopping so much.

Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading! Glad to have you here!

Aw, thanks. :goodvibes I loved their costumes too...just wish we would have been able to enjoy the party together.

I love Irish dancing...wish I would have done it myself, but I did dance my whole life (ballet, tap, jazz, modern). We are going to a feis tomorrow in Canada. Yay!

I'm so happy you've started back with the TR! I love reading about your sweet family!

I am looking forward to a relaxing day on our next trip. We're doing resort/DTD for an entire day (except for dinner that night at 1900 Park Fare), but now I'm thinking I should have planned that on the MNSSHP night! Hmmm...wonder if I can do some rearranging...

It stinks when the party doesn't go as planned. I should know after our 1st (and last) attempt!:sick: At least it made for an interesting TR, I guess. We are trying it again this year to give it a fair chance. I'm pretty excited to see it.

Have you noticed that the picture of the castle with the people in ponchos looks like they're ghosts?! Fitting for MNSSHP!!

Glad y'all got plenty of candy (and bananas--my kids would be thrilled!) and got to see the second parade. I heard the second one is less crowded, anyway, so maybe the mistiming was for a reason!!

Can't wait to read more!:cool1:

Thanks Jennifer! I love reading all of your TR's too.

A relaxing morning is very nice a few days into the trip. We really needed that extra sleep and DTD is much less crowded during the morning hours!

I remember you're experience at MNSSHP...not cool! Glad that you're giving it another chance. I'm sure the kids will have a great time.

I did notice that when I was posting the pics...ghostly poncho people!!!

I love bananas, so I don't know why the other guests were complaining. It's just one banana!

The second parade was actually quite crowded...probably due to the rain earlier in the evening. By the time the 2nd parade started, it was what I call spitting rain....just a light sprinkle. We took our ponchos off during the fireworks because we were sweating under them!

I woke Tony up at 5am like he requested…..he sent me a text when he got back to POFQ the night before. He needed to soak his back in the spa. When he returned, I got up and got myself ready. I woke up everyone else around 6:15am and Cole & I shared a banana that we got at MNSSHP (see, they came in handy the next morning!). Tony & Madison ate some granola bars on our way to the bus stop.

We headed out a little after 7am and we ran to our bus (that happened a lot). We were at DHS by 7:30am…perfect!

My child looks like such a tourist! Backpack, lanyard, Mickey bracelet, snap bracelet watch and sunglasses in her hand.

We obviously picked the wrong turnstile because the people in front of us had some major issues. GRRRR!!! We quickly made our way over to TSMM…Tony parked the stroller while I went to get FP’s. They had CM’s at each FP machine which made things go very smoothly and the lines moved fast. Our FP’s were for 8:50-9:50am. Nice! I noticed that with no more Rope Drop at DHS, there was no mob of people going to TSMM anymore. A big plus!

We went through the Standby line and it moved quickly. I rode with Madison and Tony took Cole. I’m pretty sure Tony kicked our butts…even while holding Cole! After Toy Story, we went over to Star Tours. I rode first with Madison and then she got to ride with Tony. We didn’t even need FP’s or Rider Switch! While Tony rode with Madison, I changed Cole and then we sat and ate some goldfish crackers (around 8:50am).The morning was going great so far…crowds really weren’t bad at all.

Once Tony & Madison were done on Star Tours, it was time for TSMM with our FP’s! I actually won!!!! My score was 151.600…I guess I didn’t load that picture in Photobucket. I got that score while riding with Cole!!! Us mom’s totally rock.

After our 2nd ride on TSMM, Tony took the kids to the Great Movie Ride while I headed over to Sunset Blvd…time for some thrills!

See, not a lot of people!

I grabbed 2 FP’s for ToT (10:10-11:10am) before I went to the Single Rider Line for RNRC. I didn’t write anything down, so I guess the Single Rider line moved quickly. I did note that I didn’t use my FP for ToT…walked right into the library! Once in the Boiler Room, I always listen for the call of “any single riders?” Yup, that happened! Here are my PP+ pics:

I tend to laugh on roller coasters instead of scream...here is the evidence. Plus, it's weird to scream next to random strangers.

Second row to the left…I was next to a sweet older couple. The lady was so scared!!!

I must say, my ride on ToT did not sit well in my stomach. Our drop sequence was intense and I had to pop a piece of gum before they let us out of the elevator. I just got super hot all of a sudden and my stomach felt queasy. Yikes!

I met back up with my family around 10:15am and I took the kids so Tony could get his thrills. I gave him a ToT FP and he went off to RNRC (his fav). While Tony rode, we shared a frozen lemonade…well, me and Madison did because Cole had fallen asleep on the walk over to Sunset Blvd. We walked around a bit and eventually ended up in the ToT gift shop. We saw Tony as he exited and we added his ride photo to our PP+card.

My emotionless husband on his favorite ride

Tony is in the back row all the way to the right

It was time for lunch and we checked in at 50’s Prime Time right at 11am. We were seated quickly which was great. Cousin Theresa was our server and she was awesome!

My sweet boy

Madison is a Daddy's girl!

I was so happy that we got a tv table!

Madison had mac & cheese with fries (Cole had her fruit), Tony had the pot roast and I had the fried chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes. I ate all of my veggies, but couldn’t finish my chicken. Such a bummer because it’s so tasty! Maybe I couldn’t finish because we got milkshakes for our drinks! For dessert, Madison had a sundae (they also brought her out a cupcake), Tony had the Boston crème parfait and I chose the apple crisp. We were all so full and we couldn’t finish our desserts. Cousin Theresa was proud of me for finishing my veggies and Tony cleaned his plate. We know how to act at 50’s Prime Time…but Tony did get in trouble for playing with his walkie talkie (iphone) and Madison always likes to put her elbows on the table. I did make sure to ask to use the restroom though…Cousin Theresa made a big deal about it too…she announced to our whole section that yes, I may use the restroom.

After lunch, we headed out, but stopped for some PP pics first.

Gorgeous day!

Can you see the car driving towards us?

We got a picture with some Citizens of Hollywood! After they snapped the picture, the Police Officer said “That will save us some time down at the station later”. He was a hoot! We heard him yell out to a man with a crazy hairdo…”Sir, we’ll be sure to track down the person who gave you that haircut”. Loved it!

As we approached our bus stop, we saw a bus pull up. Perfect! That seemed to keep happening to us with buses lately. We were back at POFQ around 1:15pm.Tony & Maddie went swimming while Cole & I rested. I was exhausted, but Cole just wanted to mess around. He finally did fall asleep..yay! Tony & Madison got back from the pool around 3pm and it was time to get ready to head out. Where were we headed that evening?? Let’s just say, we were excited to test out the new FP+!

Wow you guys really got so much done at DHS that morning! It looks like it wasn't that crowded, how awesome.

I feel like I always pick the one turnstile that's having problems :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter