It's crazy at the Fort

You noticed how FAR away I was when I took the picture? That thing didn't have a cover on it!:rotfl2:

A BIG thanks to all the fiends!!!! It was great meeting all of you and making us feel welcome! Special thanks to Rick (clkelly's DH) for the wonderful drinks and cooking!! :thumbsup2 Sorry I didn't have the marshmallows ready when the :cake: "bonfire" broke out:scared1:, could have made smores for the WHOLE LOOP! :rotfl2: Cant wait till next time!!:yay:

I hear NASA sent investigators out as they thought the shuttle had launched prematurely.

Well, you did read in the news that there WAS a gas leak and they delayed the launch until Wednesday. Now you know THE REST OF THE STORY!

Now you've done it, I'm going to be in trouble with Larry. And I've never even met him.

I haven't met him either. I waved at him yesterday when he went past my site twice, but he not only didn't stop, he didn't even wave back :sad2:

Instead of nerf guns, I'd like the marshmallow shooter. If someone is really bad you could shoot a melted one at them. lol and if everyone is good you get to eat the ammunition :)

oh, and it was great to see 'old' fiends, and to meet so many new friends!

A BIG thanks to all the fiends!!!! It was great meeting all of you and making us feel welcome! Special thanks to Rick (clkelly's DH) for the wonderful drinks and cooking!! :thumbsup2 Sorry I didn't have the marshmallows ready when the :cake: "bonfire" broke out:scared1:, could have made smores for the WHOLE LOOP! :rotfl2: Cant wait till next time!!:yay:

It was great to meet you too!! Rick is my "honey", even though he only loves me for my Gem Car. :lovestruc

I haven't met him either. I waved at him yesterday when he went past my site twice, but he not only didn't stop, he didn't even wave back :sad2:

Instead of nerf guns, I'd like the marshmallow shooter. If someone is really bad you could shoot a melted one at them. lol and if everyone is good you get to eat the ammunition :)

oh, and it was great to see 'old' fiends, and to meet so many new friends!

I have a potato shooter, will that work?

you mean this one?

68703_1704714136345_1192749535_31894185_3045787_n.jpg

This explains allot. I had seen the "glow" comming from that area and thought the shuttle launch had happened, but there was nothing on the news. The temps in FL did rise allot around that time too. Thanks for the warmer weather, we could use another cake right now.............

Me and Dana had a great time!!!! Next year sounds like a blast!! It was great meeting everyone!

Finally able to read and comment on this. Personally, I thought that the entire weekend was festive and FUN!!! Yes, to some it may have felt crazy, but I felt it was 10000% more controlled than last year and there was enough security around.

Unfortunately, as far as the cars being parked on the grass or side of the road and more than 1 car being on a site, I think the Fort has given up on that. For some people that may be an issue, for me I don't particularly like the way it looks, but will live and let live.

Unfortunately, as far as the cars being parked on the grass or side of the road and more than 1 car being on a site, I think the Fort has given up on that. For some people that may be an issue, for me I don't particularly like the way it looks, but will live and let live.
While they do not seem to put much effort into enforcement of the one vehicle per site rule they DO still preach the rule. My DDs boyfriend decided to drive over and spend one night with us so I went and added him to our reservation. The CM made it very clear repeatedly (I guess I looked dumb or something) that he would have to park in the overflow lot as there is only one vehicle allowed on the campsite.

Unfortunately, as far as the cars being parked on the grass or side of the road and more than 1 car being on a site, I think the Fort has given up on that.
They don't enforce it because they know it would be an inconvience for me to have to ride my bike from the CM lot to the loops. I know people in low places.

Wow. Sounds like everyone had a great weekend. Sorry I had to work (as usual on any non-religous holiday) or I would have liked to have done some fiend stalking... since I too am much too afraid to meet anyone.

While they do not seem to put much effort into enforcement of the one vehicle per site rule they DO still preach the rule. My DDs boyfriend decided to drive over and spend one night with us so I went and added him to our reservation. The CM made it very clear repeatedly (I guess I looked dumb or something) that he would have to park in the overflow lot as there is only one vehicle allowed on the campsite.

Ever since they've closed the overflow lot and forced all non-guest traffic through the guard gate, I have not had one guard tell me to park my vehicle in the lot and take the bus to my destination. I've told the guards that I'm either going to Trails End for dinner or to visit friends, or to visit friends on site so-n-so. Never once have I been told where I should park & where I could pick up a bus. It's always "Enjoy your visit." And I have to tell you, I visit a LOT. I find it strange that the one place they could have a little control (guard gate) they say nothing!

I'm glad that at least someone is saying something. (Even though I've been known to park on the grass from time to time.)

Unfortunately, as far as the cars being parked on the grass or side of the road and more than 1 car being on a site.
I have posted before Disney stopped that last years. The new manager the first things he did was change that policy
DSC_0369-3.jpg

DSC_0294-1.jpg

So if you like having the ability to park 2 cars on your site thank me if you don't I had nothing to do with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter