I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CDC hasn't approved AZ so there's some question as to whether they would consider AZ/mRNA as a full vaccination.

But my paperwork says that I have received Pfizer as my second dose and mentions that it was two approved vaccinations. They would have no way of knowing what I took the first time.
This is true, but if vaccine certifications become a thing it may show that you took a mixed dose.

But this is all speculation at this point. Hopefully we get some clarity whenever they decide to open the border.

I am just past my 24 hours after having Moderna for my 2nd shot after Pfizer for my first and just a slightly sore right arm where the shot was. My brother is the same - just a sore left arm and slightly stiff and he is usually a baby about these things. My nephew on the other hand had every symptom - chills, hot, headache, sore arm - you name it he felt it.

This is true, but if vaccine certifications become a thing it may show that you took a mixed dose.

But this is all speculation at this point. Hopefully we get some clarity whenever they decide to open the border.
It’s been stated by our PM in a special address specifically on this issue that we will be approved for travel and having AZ or mixing will not be an issue . It’s being worked out now .

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6071320

I don't know about you but I live in a hot spot as well (Hamilton) and my 16 year old will be eligible tomorrow through the provincial booking system. When the system opens up on the 28th it's to 18+ in any region but hotspots didn't have the 18+ requirement.
This is very confusing....

York Region (north part of Toronto for those not in Ontario) is actually opening 2 days later, on the morning of Friday June 25 instead of June 23.
https://www.york.ca/wps/portal/york...ccinationclinics/04covid19vaccinationclinics/However, their early second dose campaign includes adolescents.

In provincial booking system, it does NOT include adolescents even if you are in Delta hot spot. If you enter the Ontario provincial booking site, if you are over 18 with hot spot postal code, then you are allowed to booking second dose early. If you enter a 12-17 birth year (2004-2009) then it will display 4 month wait and ask you to book September if you had it in May? I think they expect the adolsecent to stay home this summer until the September school start? How about their outdoor summer sports and camps? How can they attend those if they are not given priority for second dose booking?

I know people just get frustrated and just line up without any appointment at a pop-up clinic. However, they take mostly postal code that starts with an "M". Does anyone know of a pop-up clinic that will accept "L" postal code without appointment for second dose?

By the way, I called the local pharmacies. Most of them replied they have a wait list with 3000 people on them.. and they get about 100 doses with each delivery. They tell me to spam my personal info to as many pharmacies as possible like dozens at a time since this is what people are doing. I didn't want to provide name and DOB everywhere so I told them no.
So we held off on booking our DS16 second shot this morning (York region hot spot). The site said 18+. There were notes that if you are 12-17 and you cannot work from home that you can get one (i.e he'll be a camp counsellor). However, there is also a note saying that for 12-17 year olds, that they recommend that you wait 8-16 weeks from your first shot. Although his first was before May 30th, it is about 5 weeks now so will wait the additional 3 weeks and follow Health Canada's recommendation.

I'm not tagging everyone who's asked, commented, speculated about how mixed vaccines will appear on our documentation for traveling since the entire post would be just that 🤪

this is what's on the official website regarding traveling and what travelers will need to provide to avoid quarantine come July 5th
we will need to provide the full information from both doses
Screenshot_20210625-125354_Chrome.jpg

I'm not tagging everyone who's asked, commented, speculated about how mixed vaccines will appear on our documentation for traveling since the entire post would be just that 🤪

this is what's on the official website regarding traveling and what travelers will need to provide to avoid quarantine come July 5th
we will need to provide the full information from both doses
View attachment 584712

Interesting, and of course this is for returning to Canada so they'd better accept mixed dosing :) It will be interesting for other countries who require something as proof, will this work for them too or will they want something else? Time will tell I guess...

So we held off on booking our DS16 second shot this morning (York region hot spot). The site said 18+. There were notes that if you are 12-17 and you cannot work from home that you can get one (i.e he'll be a camp counsellor). However, there is also a note saying that for 12-17 year olds, that they recommend that you wait 8-16 weeks from your first shot. Although his first was before May 30th, it is about 5 weeks now so will wait the additional 3 weeks and follow Health Canada's recommendation.

Ontario announced this morning that starting June 26th @8am, those ages 12-17 in hotspots can book accelerated second doses.

Ontario announced this morning that starting June 26th @8am, those ages 12-17 in hotspots can book accelerated second doses.
Thanks. Will keep an eye out. It's all so confusing and contradicting. I'm looking at the York region site (our district in Ontario) and it still says

"The Ministry of Health is currently recommending maintaining the timing of the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine for youth 12 to 17 to between eight and 16 weeks. " So we are thinking of waiting until the 8 week mark. Main downside is that he'll be starting camp with 1 dose (and working with kids who aren't vaccinated at all)

Thanks. Will keep an eye out. It's all so confusing and contradicting. I'm looking at the York region site (our district in Ontario) and it still says

"The Ministry of Health is currently recommending maintaining the timing of the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine for youth 12 to 17 to between eight and 16 weeks. " So we are thinking of waiting until the 8 week mark. Main downside is that he'll be starting camp with 1 dose (and working with kids who aren't vaccinated at all)

My daughter is also starting her first day of work as a day camp counsellor with just one dose. The earliest she can get her second dose would be the second week of work. She has already attended her first training session (virtual) about Covid protocols and it sounds like the proper precautions will be in place. I’m still worried though!

Sorry I’m just jumping in to this conversation and haven’t read anything at all. Usually I am on the Disneyland board as that’s where we tend to go and I wanted to check to see if there was any information on Canadian doses since my husband and I are mixed doses with AZ/Pfizer. Not ready to go on a trip yet but would like to be prepared when the time comes! My husband and I were fully vaxxed last week and my kids just got their second doses yesterday!

we are in Peel. My kids are 13 (yesterday was her birthday!) and 15. Peel turned people away and also said this arbitrary eight week rule but we had our first doses through the hospital (Osler) and booked our second doses there. First dose May 20, second June 24. No issues whatsoever. The messaging needs to be consistent everywhere. And those of us who took the first dose we were offered and are opting to mix doses need clear communication on travel ASAP. I don’t care if I can’t travel now I just want to know that I will be able to once I’m comfortable with that.

i’m glad my kids got their vaccination yesterday but like other parents I would be just as confused with this hotspot announcement because we all thought that they would be eligible on Wednesday and there was no communication to say otherwise.

Sorry I’m just jumping in to this conversation and haven’t read anything at all. Usually I am on the Disneyland board as that’s where we tend to go and I wanted to check to see if there was any information on Canadian doses since my husband and I are mixed doses with AZ/Pfizer. Not ready to go on a trip yet but would like to be prepared when the time comes! My husband and I were fully vaxxed last week and my kids just got their second doses yesterday!

we are in Peel. My kids are 13 (yesterday was her birthday!) and 15. Peel turned people away and also said this arbitrary eight week rule but we had our first doses through the hospital (Osler) and booked our second doses there. First dose May 20, second June 24. No issues whatsoever. The messaging needs to be consistent everywhere. And those of us who took the first dose we were offered and are opting to mix doses need clear communication on travel ASAP. I don’t care if I can’t travel now I just want to know that I will be able to once I’m comfortable with that.

i’m glad my kids got their vaccination yesterday but like other parents I would be just as confused with this hotspot announcement because we all thought that they would be eligible on Wednesday and there was no communication to say otherwise.

Same so confusing . DD 15 appt was moved by sunnybrook to tues it was originally sept 13 . She will be at 38 days. DS19 got his second dose and was allowed based on the before May 9, he was April 29, but the nurse asked 8 weeks close enough I guess ? No idea and another guy asked him if he worked in health care . Yes as he works respite why he qualified end April . Everyone seems to have differing opinions even in same clinic.

Im happy DS was able to get Pfeizer for dose2 as well. He’s sleeping now .. hopefully he will be light on side effects ( a lot of flak for telling ppl we would wait for pfeizer.ppl have their reasons.sometimes it’s complicated not just being un-educated)

My daughter is also starting her first day of work as a day camp counsellor with just one dose. The earliest she can get her second dose would be the second week of work. She has already attended her first training session (virtual) about Covid protocols and it sounds like the proper precautions will be in place. I’m still worried though!
Same...has had a camp training and more this weekend. Sounds like we are in similar situation. My 12 year old won't get her second dose until mid August but at least with the 12 year olds, they are more careful. Last summer, my son had a little one that would bite and lick (he was eventually kicked out). But yes....camp does seem to have very good protocols, and even stricter than last summer.

I know...so confusing. Our son's first was May 18 so close to yours. It seemed like we could have booked second dose with proof that he'll be working but it's just recommendation by health Canada.

The mixing is another thing. At one point, I heard different things but I don't see how they can have an issue with any vaccine or combo if that is what we are offered.

I know...so confusing. Our son's first was May 18 so close to yours. It seemed like we could have booked second dose with proof that he'll be working but it's just recommendation by health Canada.

The mixing is another thing. At one point, I heard different things but I don't see how they can have an issue with any vaccine or combo if that is what we are offered.

Hopefully you actually CAN book tomorrow.

I don’t really trust this eight week message at the moment as it seems like another convenient directive based on supply. Nothing at all was mentioned prior to Wednesday morning when people had trouble booking. And messaging did not change until partway through the day. Seems very fishy and convenient. Not only were we able to get it at a hospital site in the same city (Brampton) where provincial spots were turning people away but those same provincial spots were allowing some and not others if they pushed hard enough. There needs to be consistency everywhere.

And I agree on the mixed doses. There’s no reason it shouldn’t be allowed. Based on what I’ve seen from different countries already we will have no problem traveling but I would like to avoid the mandatory quarantine in other countries like other fully vaxxed people. I wouldn’t mind quarantining at Disney I just don’t know if I can afford to do that for an extra week or two 🤣

Just reporting back on my 2nd jab on Monday: some of this is TMI, sorry gang but hey, it's all part of letting others know what happened so they won't be shocked if they haven't heard anyone else experienced a symptom they are dealing with. Last night was the first I didn't need to sleep with an icepack in my armpit and one on my boob - and I didn't need to strap one to my body to drive the car today either! My arm is still looking pretty angry where i got the shot, swollen, only pink now and still warm to the touch. Headache was gone by the 2nd evening and I'm no more tired than I normally am :P

Hubby never had any symptoms this time around which makes up for his first when he had every symptom going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter