I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dragged my teens out of bed this morning at 5:30am to go to a pop up clinic in Scarborough. We got there at 6am. Holy Line!!!!! But it was nothing compared to the line behind me when they started giving out times to come back at 7:45am.

Our times given were 9:30am, so we went home for a bit. We were in and out quickly once we returned at 9:20am. Well worth it. :thumbsup2 And now everyone in the family has had both shots. Yay!

I booked my 15 year old in for his this morning. He'll begetting his second vaccine on July 12. He could have gone sooner but he has a camping trip and didn't want to risk feeling ill. So now all but my 10 year old will have received both vaccines and be fully vaccinated (2 weeks post 2nd vaccine) before August.

Dd got her vaccine today. I found an appointment for within the hour just by refreshing the website. Just like finding FastPasses!! Jumped in the car and went!

We went where I took my twins (2009) for their first shots. While there, I asked if we could do my twins. They were not allowed because they weren’t yet twelve, even though they got their first shots back in May. The dr who did their first shot said there had been some early confusion. Anyway, they booked the twins for their second shots on their twelfth birthday in September. Not a big deal.

Wanted to thank everyone for being so helpful and supportive in this thread. Know many of us have found critical information and leads here that have helped greatly. Hopefully, most now have a chance to take a day or so this week to recharge the batteries. This has been a wonderful community that has really come together to provide so much. :grouphug:

Dd got her vaccine today. I found an appointment for within the hour just by refreshing the website. Just like finding FastPasses!! Jumped in the car and went!

We went where I took my twins (2009) for their first shots. While there, I asked if we could do my twins. They were not allowed because they weren’t yet twelve, even though they got their first shots back in May. The dr who did their first shot said there had been some early confusion. Anyway, they booked the twins for their second shots on their twelfth birthday in September. Not a big deal.
LOL that's what I did yesterday - had a webinar on my work computer and kept refreshing the page and got my dd and I both in for today. Now just my 16 yr old ds needs #2.

LOL that's what I did yesterday - had a webinar on my work computer and kept refreshing the page and got my dd and I both in for today. Now just my 16 yr old ds needs #2.
This! I'm guessing most here are finding we are incredibly good at getting appointments? I wonder why? lol I decided to go ahead and rebooked my teens in for this Saturday.

I keep telling my kids. Disney has taught me how to deal with life. Whoever would have thought all those hours getting that perfect fastpass could be put to use in the real world getting Jab appointments. They used to just think I was Disney obsessed now they get the point.

I keep telling my kids. Disney has taught me how to deal with life. Whoever would have thought all those hours getting that perfect fastpass could be put to use in the real world getting Jab appointments. They used to just think I was Disney obsessed now they get the point.
I cracked my friend up with sentiment today. Our region released 290 000 appointments this morning. I was ready to go and hit that site hard. Also gave her the heads up and she snagged an appointment for her son for tomorrow. I told her it’s just like booking adrs and FastPasses.

Side effects report:

Vaccine yesterday around lunch. Pfizer 12 wks after AZ. Was fine all day and at bedtime. Woke up aching and with a headache an exhausted, but unable to nap all day. Hopefully this is just for one day.

Reminds you you're mortal. 🤒 And still WAY BETTER than getting the disease!

DS 16 and 18 had nothing more than a sore arm, although DS 18 (moderna) had a mild sore throat.

DH was like me yesterday... fine, but around 5am woke with teeth chattering chills. He slept all morning, but seems much better now than I am.

Yikes. Only a sore arm for a few days and again swollen lymph nodes under arms again for about 24 hrs then all OK. Pfizer after AZ was so much easier than the first AZ. Some fatigue for a week or so after the Pfizer but maybe just due to a wild and busy summer. Now 2 weeks plus and fully vaccinated. Feel great and no issues. Just a note to anyone reading on the Boards and hasn't had their first or second vax. If you don't have any pre-existing issues, then dig and push to get your shots. Esp with school kids going back in Sept. The push will be on to get them fully vaccinated. If you are an adult and hanging back, now is the time to get your shot before the crush in August or will be extra stressful for adults trying to source vax then.

Today in Ontario 12-17 year olds can move up their second dose appointment. I logged in early to be ready and I’m 185th in the queue, which is great. Hopefully there is Pfizer in my area ( since that’s all ds17 is approved for) and we can get this done quickly .
He starts his first day as a camp counsellor today ! Yesterday afternoon he received an email that outdoor masking is no longer required for kids or staff. Things are moving along:sunny:.

Today in Ontario 12-17 year olds can move up their second dose appointment. I logged in early to be ready and I’m 185th in the queue, which is great. Hopefully there is Pfizer in my area ( since that’s all ds17 is approved for) and we can get this done quickly .
He starts his first day as a camp counsellor today ! Yesterday afternoon he received an email that outdoor masking is no longer required for kids or staff. Things are moving along:sunny:.
Also check with drugstores. I called around and got my kids in with one day’s notice. There were many In my general area with availability.

Also check with drugstores. I called around and got my kids in with one day’s notice. There were many In my general area with availability.
Thank you ! I will do that today . Like last time ( when I booked for my husband and I) there wasn’t a single appointment in our region . I suspect it’s because we don’t seem to have any Pfizer. So I booked for Hamilton ( about an hour away) and I will change it if I can .

Thank you ! I will do that today . Like last time ( when I booked for my husband and I) there wasn’t a single appointment in our region . I suspect it’s because we don’t seem to have any Pfizer. So I booked for Hamilton ( about an hour away) and I will change it if I can .
It will take some leg work. Call the pharmacy directly. If you’re dealing with a Shoppers drug mart hit 3, 3 when the call picks up. It will take you to pharmacy staff. Many Shoppers Drug Marts have abandoned the online platform. I found Shoppers seemed to have the most Pfizer.

Side effects report:

Vaccine yesterday around lunch. Pfizer 12 wks after AZ. Was fine all day and at bedtime. Woke up aching and with a headache an exhausted, but unable to nap all day. Hopefully this is just for one day.

Reminds you you're mortal. 🤒 And still WAY BETTER than getting the disease!

DS 16 and 18 had nothing more than a sore arm, although DS 18 (moderna) had a mild sore throat.

DH was like me yesterday... fine, but around 5am woke with teeth chattering chills. He slept all morning, but seems much better now than I am.
I hade AZ for my first dose back in April and due to the lack of Pfizer here in Alberta ended up with Moderna for my second. After sailing through with zero side effects from the initial jab, I got pretty much all of them from the 2nd, and in text-book fashion. 12 hours in I was feverish and “sick” feeling and spent a sweaty, chilled and shaky night with a headache and joint and muscle pain. Twelve hours and two big doses of Advil later I was back as good as new except for a day or two of fatigue and a little fuzziness.

It will take some leg work. Call the pharmacy directly. If you’re dealing with a Shoppers drug mart hit 3, 3 when the call picks up. It will take you to pharmacy staff. Many Shoppers Drug Marts have abandoned the online platform. I found Shoppers seemed to have the most Pfizer.
I was able to snag what had to be a cancellation for a clinic one town over on the 17th !
Two weeks and my family is fully vaccinated!

Anyone else get a cold sore after their vaccine?

I rarely get them, and usually only when I'm about to get sick or have high stress and I'm fighting off a bug. So I wondered if today's cold sore has anything to do with my Friday vaccine... or am I about to get an unrelated sickness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter