I've got to recommend this...not just a Disney tip, but....

jennymouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/"targe
a tip for anyone with a cold.

Zicam works!!!

Here I was, two days before we're to leave for our trip to WDW and I wake up with a horrible chest cold. I nursed it with Robitussin and it helped my chest some but then it started in my sinuses. I remembered the Zicam add on TV, but couldn't remember the name of the stuff. My nose running like a faucet, I went to the drug store and recognized the box on the shelf. It cost $10.99!:eek: I asked the pharmacist about it and he said a lot of people swear by it so I bought it. It's a nose spray. I used it about once every hour & half to two hours yesterday. Today, I have NO cold symptoms! I can't believe it! The instructions say to keep using it for 48 hours even after symptoms are gone, so I've been using it every 4 hours today. I would say that if I had started using it at the first signs of the cold, it would've nipped it in the bud.

I just had to share this for anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

Add this product to your packing list!!!!!!!!!! It's small and won't take up much room!

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to keep my eye out for this--I haven't noticed this ad.

Ohhhh thank you.... I am going to go grab some for this horrible cold I have now..

Right after I read your post I saw the commercial for the first time. I figured it was fate or something so on my trip out today I stopped by the drugstore and picked some up. It is expensive, but if it works it'll be worth it. We've got one with a cold now and it would be nice not to see the entire group get sick. It looks like it's best taken when the cold first starts tho, so maybe I'll save it for the next one.

Do you know if children can use it? My DS is not sounding too good, and we are leaving in less then 2 weeks!:(

Thanks for the great tip about Zicam!

I agree, Zicam is amazing. Especially if taken the minute you get the first symptoms. If you've had the cold for a while, it's not as effective. Another great product is Cold Eeze cough drops. Also shortens the duration & severity of a cold. The common ingredient of both treatments is zinc. Please read directions on both products!;)

This really is great stuff. I too saw the add and we are going this Thursday to dl. DS was getting a cold so I got the Zicam that is in nose swabs they come individual and are easier to use than the spray. (I think so anyway!) My son is 11 and it worked great for him. Am packing it in case anyone else comes down with a cold. Cus, YOU KNOW if they have it in a hotel gift shop it will be at least twice as much as at the local store!;) Elaine

familyoffive- No need for nastiness....

I went and bought the one for allergies tonight, I will let you know how it works. Thanks for the info.!!:)

family of five: ditto what laurenk said. I don't work for a drug company, I am a stay at home mom. Just wanted to reply to a post, thats all. The stuff worked for us. Elaine

I am so glad you posted about this product. Colds can really spoil a WDW vacation and this is something that could save alot of upset! I bought some yesterday and will pack it for our upcoming vacation! Keep posting those health tips!

Where can you buy Zicam? And where is it located in the store - with cold remedies? Nasal sprays? And - what does the package look like? Sounds like something I want to try.

It's just where all the cold remedies are. Next to Nyquil and that kind of stuff. Costs about $9. HOpe you find it. We are off to disneyland tomorrow and I have ours packed!

I read this thread on Monday night and while I was at work Tuesday I started feeling like I was getting sick. By the time I got home from work I felt totally horrible so I went and bought the Zicam. I don't know how this can be for real, but I used it on the way home from the store and within 15 minutes, I felt like a new person. I am not kidding. Today I continued to use it every 2 hours, as directed, and tomorrow I'll switch to every 4 hours. I have never recovered so quickly from anything.
I just wanted to say THANKS! When people start finding out how well this works, I better it will be hard to find!

We leave in 8 days, and as posted above, I bought the allergy one...so far it is working. Well, all of us(15) going are getting sick, so we all went out and bought the cold one. I hope it works!!:D

The box that I have is red & white and says ZICAM Homeopathic Nasal Gel Cold Remedy. The active ingredient is Zincum Gluconium. You can read more about it at www.zicam.com:cool:
I've bought it at Walmart & Walgreens in the cold med isle.

Found the stuff at Eckerd- both kinds - Alergy and Cold. Has anyone tried both? Which one is better?

Thanks for the tip! I get vertigo this time a yr from allergies, i am going out and get the allergy Zicam today!

Thank you for advise. I am leaving tomorrow afternoon and my daughter does not sound so good. I think first thing in the morning I will go and get this. I have to mention that last December both my husband and her were very sick during our 8 day Christmas vacation on WDW. We spent about an hour in parks everyday. When we got back they were both diagnosed with pneumonia. I spent so much money on different cold medication and going from Polynesian to GF to pick up some they did not have in our guest shop. This time I am taking a full bags of different medication and a pediatrician name and phone number in Orlando. The concierge desk in Poly was absolutely horrible about finding a doctor for us. This is our first trip this year since I have made a promise to my daughter.

I'm back and glad to see a lot of folks are checking out the Zicam. No, I don't work for Zicam....I work in the finance department for the Girl Scout Council here in Lexington. I usually keep a cold for over a week and although I started using the Zicam after I already had full symptoms, it took care of it in two days. I'd say starting it right when you start to feel it come on and you wouldn't get the cold at all. I just think the stuff is fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter