J & T's Wishes Wedding 5/5/12 SB/SBP/BW *Wedding & Aulani HM TR Complete!*

Whew where is the time going?!!

With Ashley's help, I applied for our marriage license myself instead of using a service! I faxed it off today, got an email confirmation and was told we'd have the official application tomorrow that we need to get notarized and send back for the official certificate. :woohoo: This was overwhelming to me, so I'm excited it's checked off. Now to find a notary! :rolleyes1

My shoes came on Saturday ( did I already post about that?) I LOVE them!! They are such "Wedding Shoes" the crystal on the front really is blinging and just make me think someone should wear these shoes on their wedding day! I'm not even thinking about getting my designer ones now. I am in love with the ones I have- yay! :lovestruc

We also bought our Honeymoon plane tickets!!! This was also VERY overwhelming to me. Every time I'd look, the price would go up, and there would be more options. Where are the 5 places we'd like to stop, what time of day do we want to leave, etc etc. I bit the bullet and bought us first class goign TO hawaii, we'll have sleeper seats for the 10 hour flight (goign Orlando to Atlanta then straight to HI), then coming back we're making a few stops in CA, back in Atlanta and finally home to CT. It is crazy with the time change we will be traveling for so long! We also get to Hawaii at like 2pm on Monday, after traveling for about 12 hours, I'm sure we will be zonked out and that night will be a complete wash! Oh well!

What else?? We had to drop the DP from our plans, but I was able to book us for the TT DP in MK for Sunday night!! I am super psyched, since I've tried so many times before to get in and always got the "not available" message. I am a sweets addict and so excited to try this out!! And of course, DF can't tell me no since it's during the wedding! (technically our HM!) AND we're taking one of my bridesmaids and her husband (df's best man) with us, since it's her birthday the day after the wedding! I am so pumped for this since they are sweets lovers too! :cool1:

All in all, making some moves!!!
If I can think of more to report on, I'll be back! 44 days and I'll be poolside!! :dance3:

I'm still reading along! I can't believe how fast the time is flying by!

You look so stunning in your dress!

I am happy to see you booked the MK DP, I am surprising DH with this for our anniversary trip. It sounds like so much fun.

I can't wait to see your wedding photos, your photographers site blew my socks off. They do some amazing work. :lovestruc

I'm still reading along! I can't believe how fast the time is flying by!

You look so stunning in your dress!

I am happy to see you booked the MK DP, I am surprising DH with this for our anniversary trip. It sounds like so much fun.

I can't wait to see your wedding photos, your photographers site blew my socks off. They do some amazing work. :lovestruc

Aw thanks so much! I am really looking forward to the MK DP, how fun to surprise your DH with it!! I have actually been working on a worksheet I got from them for details of the day and if we want any specific shots etc. I think I'm going to list only a few and then leave it up to them- totally trust their vision. They were definitely my splurge but I think completely worth it. I can't wait to see what they capture!!! :goodvibes I am definitely in love with their work too!

:dance3:45 days today!!! :dance3:

I cannot believe how fast this has come up!! It's so surreal right now!!
DF is going to Montreal this weekend with the guys and I'm planning to lay low around here with the girls and Goonie of course. Hopefully we have some nice weather! I've been on a bulb planting spree. I love seeing them all sprout up around the yard!

Our RSVP's are due Friday, and we are still waiting for 18 responses. That's 6 per day if they all get their ish together. Let's hope so!! 15 days until we need to make our final payment, so I want to know our exact numbers and be correct by then. My brother is still on the fence apparently and my mom says he's trying to find a way to make it work. We'll see!!

I also called yesterday and scheduled my first fitting appointment!! I couldn't get in until next Weds/ week from today. But I'm pumped!! Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's not so long I'm tripping over it! I ordered the crystal to go on the side too so hoping it looks as great as I'm picturing sewn on!! I also can't wait to see a side bustle on it, I really hope they can do it!! :goodvibes

Hopefully smooth sailing from here!! My shower is next weekend already, it just occurred to me a few days ago that April 1st is not very far away at all!! :scared1:

45 days!

I'm constantly back and forth between :cool1: and :scared1:

Oh! I haven't forgotten your pins! I had them mailed out and ready to go, but they didn't seem very secure, so the package has been sitting on top of my printer, waiting for me to get some tissue paper to wrap them in. It's on my post-it note list to pick up tonight at Target, so they'll be getting mailed out this Saturday.

I can't wait to see your dress with the crystal thing on it. It's gonna look SO pretty! :goodvibes

Sending positive RSVP/mail vibes that those last 18 people replied! :laughing:

45 days!

I'm constantly back and forth between :cool1: and :scared1:

Oh! I haven't forgotten your pins! I had them mailed out and ready to go, but they didn't seem very secure, so the package has been sitting on top of my printer, waiting for me to get some tissue paper to wrap them in. It's on my post-it note list to pick up tonight at Target, so they'll be getting mailed out this Saturday.

I can't wait to see your dress with the crystal thing on it. It's gonna look SO pretty! :goodvibes

Sending positive RSVP/mail vibes that those last 18 people replied! :laughing:

Me too!! My mind is constantly racing and my stomach is a whole other story! :rolleyes1

Aw thanks so much, I actually completely forgot about the pins! So I'm excited for them all over again!! :goodvibes

I'm so excited to see the crystal on the dress too!

7 more replies and we are good to go!! Only 2 that we aren't sure if they're coming, the other 5 we know they are, we're just waiting for their replies so we know their food choices! I've been touching base with Vita and Laura and we seem to all be on the same page and it gets me excited! Our guest list decreased by about 10 people, so now we're around 70, maybe even under if my brother decides if he's coming or not already! I have no idea what I'm going to do with my seating now, my tables of 20 might not work the way I want, or we may have to lose one. :confused3 I'm having a call with Laura next Wednesday to go over everything and hopefully we'll come up with a plan that will work!! I am thinking of adding back in my folding chairs for the ceremony if we only now need 60 or so. (since the wedding party is aout 15 people)

Part of me is happy our guest list decreased (for our budget) but a part of me is sad (that people we thought would come now arent). My stomach has been uneasy for a little while now, but I'm calling it "Bride Brain"... 44 more days and it will all go away. I can't wait! :woohoo:

We are setting up pre-paid valet parking for our off-property guests, Vita had tickets made for us so we can give them to our guests ahead of time to hand to the valet when they pull up (she said they look like KTTW cards). Now I have to figure out who is staying off property and how many cards we need. I sent a few emails to people that I think are staying off property to see how many we'll need, but overall I'm pretty happy with this!

I also called today and reserved a cabana at the Poly- all day long from 10AM-7PM. I cannot wait to veg out there! (Hopefully we have great weather!) This made my day today! :dance3:

Thanks for following along ladies, my stress levels seem to be through the roof and your comments really help me some days! :goodvibes

:hug:
A hug just to calm your nerves! I can't believe how fast the time is flying!
And what is this pre-paid valet service you speak of? I've never heard of that!?

A hug just to calm your nerves! I can't believe how fast the time is flying!
And what is this pre-paid valet service you speak of? I've never heard of that!?

I actually saw the pre-paid valet in someone else's BEO on the Share your Budget link, it was an older one so I asked my planner and we were able to set it up! Basically we are getting cards to hand out to our guests staying off property (my understanding is they look like room key cards). When they pull up for the wedding, they'll hand the cards to the valet and then we'll be charged for the cards that were used ($12 per card including tip). :goodvibes

6 weeks from today I'll be a married lady! :goodvibes

Josh is in Montreal this weekend and I am dyyyying without him! :confused3 We really don't separate much, obviously I've gone to my friends bachelorette parties and etc, but he has never gone away for more than a night in as long as I can remember. He left yesterday around 11AM and I was okay yesterday, missed him lots but tried to keep busy. This morning took Goonie for a walk, went to the store and bought bulbs, planted them, kept myself busy. Goonie has an invisible fence, so I had him out with me, but I was planting at the mailbox and he tried to come see me and got zapped (crossed the fence line). I took his collar off and kept him on his leash with me. I was watering what I just planted, he got scared he was getting near the line for the fence (even though his collar was off), squirmed and pulled his regular collar off (attached to the leash I had him on). I freaked out I was about to lose our dog while Josh was away, yelled and yelled for him to come and he wouldn't. Thankfully he stayed in our yard and I said "Daddy's Home!!!! " He was so excited he came running- THANK GOD :worship: I got him in the garage, closed the door quick and haven't taken him back out. Sitting inside and not being occupied is tearing me up, I want to hear from him so bad! Ugh I don't want to be this clingy girl but being apart from him is hard for me, even after 7 years. It's only one more day. :( At least I havent gotten any calls he or someone else was arrested or got in any fights! I'll be so happy for him to get back home with me and Goonie! :sad2: Tonight I'm going over to FSIL's with one of my other maids (both their husbands are with Josh). Having a little girls night to keep us occupied. I'm hoping I can keep it together and not show what a mess I really am over missing him. :laughing: I'm sure if they knew they'd think I was being such a looooser... lol
I just miss my hunny! :love:

Wedding related, I think my brother can come to the wedding!! He hired an extra sales guy to help him on appointments, so hopefully if this guy is good, he will be able to go on sales appointments for the weekend of the wedding. I've been chatting with his GF and she said she'd let me know if they're in. Our count also went from 80 to 68 (including kids). So we're at 59 adults instead of 72. I'm excited to see how much this brings down our BEO! I am however stressing over our seating- I might have to take an entire table of 20 out and combine. I think we'll have a table of 8 (my parents and close friends), one of 11 (josh's parents and friends), one of 20 (rest of joshs fam) and one of 22 (my friends and fam combined). I think I said earlier, I'm glad for our budget but sad some people can't come. All in all, I can't wait to be married to my love, and it makes us appreciate even more the ones that can come! :goodvibes

Today I got an email from our family friend I shipped the parasols and fans to! They even sent pictures today! The parasols look great I think, especially for their low price! (I got 2 dozen for $56 through oriental trading with a coupon!)

parasol1.jpg

parasol4.jpg

and the fans:
fans.jpg

We have our list finalized at 68, though we are waiting on meal choices for 8 people. All in all, I'm happy with this! I ordered our place cards I am attaching to the starfish last night ( I am using mini cards from moo.com). I bought a few extra starfish in case they break in shipment (I bought I think 72 for $30- eek I hope I have more than that now that I think about it), but I'm going to pack them really well so hopefully they all make it! I need to get the ribbon now to color code the meal choices! I'm glad we added the salmon choice- we only have about 10 people that chose chicken, and almost 1/2 that are getting salmon! I guess that would have been all beef if we hadn't added the salmon and our costs would have been higher. Word to wise for the future: Add a fish! :) Heading over to see the girls for 5:30 so that gives me two hours. Maybe I'll go take a nice bath ;) Hope you girls are all enjoying your weekend!

Happy VR day to Jilian!!! :woohoo:

:banana::banana: 6 WEEKS!! :banana::banana:

Awww, u miss your hunny :cloud9: "The farther apart weakens the heart" :lovestruc That would have TOTALLY suck if goonie ran away :sad2: BUT all is well :cutie:

Cute projects :thumbsup2

I would be worried if you WEREN'T missing your fiance! You'll just be that much happier to see him when he gets back. :goodvibes I totally understand your mixed feelings about the smaller guest list but that's great that your brother may be able to come! I hope it works out!

Aww! :hug: Hopefully your night is going better by now! I totally get what you mean. I mean, other than when Doug's at work, we're always hanging out; the only night we haven't been together was when he had the sleep study done. And at least he slept well that night! :laughing:

I TOTALLY didn't realize it's exactly six weeks away. (Well, it's Sunday now, but you know what I mean) Like I had the numbers, but I didn't think to divide by seven or anything. :rolleyes1

I'm SO glad your brother might be able to make it after all! And the parasols and fans are super cute; they're gonna look fantastic in pictures. :goodvibes

Hey!!! I know everything seems so stressful right now but I promise you in the end it will all be worth it! Everything you are feeling right is so normal. You have hit that period where are all your emotions start running wild lol. Try tO hang in there. I so remember the days where no matter what it was it was a big deal and things just didn't seem to ever go right. I guess this all just part of planning a wedding especially this far away:)

So glad I was able to help you out with the marriage license! One easy thing. From what I see looks like everything is coming along great. I hope you have gotten all your responses. That is such a huge thing off the list and such a help in finalizing those darn beos :yay: Glad to hear you got shoes you love!!! I am sure you are very happy now that df is home too!

Hang in there, your so close :woohoo:

Time is seriously FLYING!!! :cool1:

Your parasols look great! That is going to be a really fun touch.

The prepaid valet cards are brilliant! All of your hard work is going to really make things simply and painless for your guests. :thumbsup2

That is great news about your brother! I hope the new guy works out!

And I know the separation blues. I don't think it matters how long you have been together, it was the same for me after six months than it is at 4 years. Our hearts ache the same! Thankfully you have a wedding to keep you busy!

:banana: 6 WEEKS!! :banana:
Awww, u miss your hunny :cloud9: "The farther apart weakens the heart" :lovestruc That would have TOTALLY suck if goonie ran away :sad2: BUT all is well :cutie:

Cute projects :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

I would be worried if you WEREN'T missing your fiance! You'll just be that much happier to see him when he gets back. :goodvibes I totally understand your mixed feelings about the smaller guest list but that's great that your brother may be able to come! I hope it works out!

good point! ;) SO happy to have him home!

Aww! :hug: Hopefully your night is going better by now! I totally get what you mean. I mean, other than when Doug's at work, we're always hanging out; the only night we haven't been together was when he had the sleep study done. And at least he slept well that night! :laughing:

I TOTALLY didn't realize it's exactly six weeks away. (Well, it's Sunday now, but you know what I mean) Like I had the numbers, but I didn't think to divide by seven or anything. :rolleyes1

I'm SO glad your brother might be able to make it after all! And the parasols and fans are super cute; they're gonna look fantastic in pictures. :goodvibes

39 days... can you believe it??? :scared1: We got our updated BEO today- more on this later! Glad you like the parasols and fans! It just occurred to me that the parasols may prevent the people in the row behind from seeing... oopsy. oh well! lol

Hey!!! I know everything seems so stressful right now but I promise you in the end it will all be worth it! Everything you are feeling right is so normal. You have hit that period where are all your emotions start running wild lol. Try tO hang in there. I so remember the days where no matter what it was it was a big deal and things just didn't seem to ever go right. I guess this all just part of planning a wedding especially this far away:)

So glad I was able to help you out with the marriage license! One easy thing. From what I see looks like everything is coming along great. I hope you have gotten all your responses. That is such a huge thing off the list and such a help in finalizing those darn beos :yay: Glad to hear you got shoes you love!!! I am sure you are very happy now that df is home too!

Hang in there, your so close :woohoo:

:hug: Thanks! YES you helped so much with the license, THANK YOU! :worship: Went to the dentist today and totally cried for no reason. ahh the glory. bahahaha We did get all of our responses too! :goodvibes

Time is seriously FLYING!!! :cool1:

Your parasols look great! That is going to be a really fun touch.

The prepaid valet cards are brilliant! All of your hard work is going to really make things simply and painless for your guests. :thumbsup2

That is great news about your brother! I hope the new guy works out!

And I know the separation blues. I don't think it matters how long you have been together, it was the same for me after six months than it is at 4 years. Our hearts ache the same! Thankfully you have a wedding to keep you busy!

Thanks! :goodvibes

39 days!!! :dance3:

Our guest count is final!! We are at 67, which is 58 21+, 2 under 21 but over 9, 2 ages 3-9 (techniclly they are both 12 but we're giving them kids meals), and 7 under age 3. Adding in our photographers, we are at 70 even!

I sent over our numbers to Vita last night, and amazingly today I got our updated and now for the first time very correct #s. I am really happy with the results! :dance3: Taking out our DP and with our reduced guest count we owe about $3500 less, which is great news since we owe it next Thursday!! :woohoo: I'll take it!

My brother is back to being a maybe- he's really tugging at my strings these days!! Vita says the absolute last day we can add him is 5/2. So we have time, but I'm not telling him that!

Our registry gifts are really racking in now, and people are using the Disney HM registry which I am very happy about!

I unfortunately have very soft terrible teeth, I am terrified of the dentist and hate to go, so I try to never go. I have amazing coverage that I pay for every check and never use. lol... untl this weekend when I bit into a macadamia nut cookie and broke a piece off one of my molars :headache: This has really been stressful for me today,I got an appt today at 3:30PM so I had to leave work early and I was anxious all day- BP through the roof I am sure!! My dentist is actually very nice and once I get there I am much better, but I just hate going. Unfortunately the way it broke, for him to build it back up he will hit my root/nerve so now I need a root canal :confused3 Of course all my stress I started to tear up and have a meltdown right there in the chair. He totally calmed me down and said not to worry about it, he would make it work whatever the insurance didn't cover. He also then asked if I'd like him to whiten my teeth for free! B-B-B-Bonus for me!! They made the impressions for my teeth and next week when I go back for the root canal the trays will be ready to take home! :woohoo: I guess that's how he's roping me in to come back- lol... but I am certainly grateful!!

I also bought Josh's superman shirt- he loves superman and wants to name our son "Lex" after Lex Luther... yes.. insert gun. bahahah . So he's going to wear a superman shirt underneath his suit!

My shower is this Sunday and I'm getting very excited!! :goodvibes

Eek about the dentist! I'm ridiculously scared of going to the dentist; they used to have me take valium before going in order to make life easier. And I was in my early 20s at that point. :rolleyes1

I'm so excited you have a final guest count! :woohoo: But, really, your brother needs to get his butt in gear, one way or the other!

That's a really cute idea about Josh wearing the Superman shirt underneath. :goodvibes

Oh no @ your tooth! D: But yay on bonus whitening ;D your brother needs to make up his mind!! It must be so frustrating.. But I love the Superman shirt underneath the tux :rotfl: you need to take a pic of him taking off his shirt to reveal with Superman! that would be too funny...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter