Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Thanks so much! I am definitely so excited about having such a lengthy trip. We'll get to experience things we normally don't do like pool days and low key relaxing!

Pairing a pool day with the Wanyama Safari makes for an awesome non-Disney Disney day. A 90 or so minute drive around the savannahs with a couple of guides who work with the animals on site followed by a feast (with wine pairings) at Jiko. It isn't cheap, but it is worth every penny, especially to celebrate such an occasion. We did it the night we got engaged and again on our 3rd wedding anniversary. It helps to appreciate the savannahs that much more, so I advise doing it earlier in the trip.
^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

We didn't do the pool party but the Wanyama Tour is fabulous. We enjoyed every aspect of this tour and the family style meal at Jiko is an excellent way to try many of their fabulous offerings.

Hi everyone!!

We are super excited about our first stay at AKL October 8-13. We rented DVC points (Jambo, studio, standard) for the first time as well. I'll be reading through this thread but would be very grateful for any tips or tricks.

It's been a few years since we've been to WDW and both our previous trips were at POR. I'm trying to catch up on easywdw posts and I also subscribed to touring plans. Trying to step slooowly back into my WDW planning rather than jumping all the way down the rabbit hole! Looking forward to talking with you all over the coming months. :lovestruc

Just booked for mid-June! :cheer2:

Does anybody know if the Touring Plans room view website is completely accurate? If so the savanna view room we stayed in on our last stay has now been classified as a standard view. Seems there are actually quite a few standard rooms that have a savanna view...

Does anybody know if the Touring Plans room view website is completely accurate?

Definitely not.

If so the savanna view room we stayed in on our last stay has now been classified as a standard view. Seems there are actually quite a few standard rooms that have a savanna view...

There are some standard rooms that have a partial view of the savanna. But those have been classified as standard for a couple years now.

I have seen a few posts in this thread of people asking for the best room requests to make e.g. which floor is best for a Savana View, which floor are the feeders located, any other tips like being close to elevator etc.

I haven't seen any answers to these though. Does anyone have tips from their trip on room requests? Thanks

Does anybody know if the Touring Plans room view website is completely accurate? If so the savanna view room we stayed in on our last stay has now been classified as a standard view. Seems there are actually quite a few standard rooms that have a savanna view...

Not sure any website is completely accurate. Per podcast, TP got permissions to go into many rooms and take "view" pictures, but they definitely did not make it it to every room - some of the view pictures of rooms close to each other are the exact same picture.

But, I personally think TP is well worth the money - I'm guessing their wait times are not completely accurate either, but their personalized plans feature helps me stay organized, their room fax is usually successful and their ADR finder is great. Given what I'm spending on my vacation, TP is a bargain purchase.

I have seen a few posts in this thread of people asking for the best room requests to make e.g. which floor is best for a Savana View, which floor are the feeders located, any other tips like being close to elevator etc.

I haven't seen any answers to these though. Does anyone have tips from their trip on room requests? Thanks

Some of these questions are too subjective to answer. While some people prefer to be on a low floor to be closer to eye level with the animals, others prefer a birds-eye view from a higher floor. I always advise everyone who asks just to put their requests in plain English. If being close to an elevator bank or the lobby is important to you, ask for that rather than trying to describe a room number.

They place food out throughout the savannas as well as browse in holders attached to some of the trees which encourages the animals to move from place to place. There are also ponds for water where the animals drink. I usually am on the 5th floor where the villas are, thus what I would recommend might be different than what someone staying in a regular room - located on floor 4 and lower - would want. For a first visit with a savanna view room or villa midway down Kudu or Zebra trail facing Arusha Savanna might be considered prime for animal viewing. For convenience to the Mara and the pool ask for Zebra trail. For standard view if convenience is important then perhaps Zebra or Giraffe trail w/ a pool view. Half the Giraffe trail views face out of the front of the resort tho'. If someone really wants a partial savanna view from a booked standard view room/villa then Kudu or Ostrich trail are good choices as all of Kudu trail rooms and villas face either Sunset or Arusha savanna thus the standard views on Kudu will have some sort of savanna view, most likely Sunset savanna. Half of the rooms/villas on Ostrich trail face Sunset savanna the other half face out of the front of the building.

Maybe someone here can give me some insight. I’m looking at the current activities calendar and it’s changed from last month. Folktales by the fire isn’t listed at all and they moved up some of the nighttime activities to early evening. Does this happen often? Is there any chance Folktales will come back next month?

I had already scheduled my day around these activities and it’s such a bummer to see them completely fall apart.

Never been to AKL - So for a family of 4, me, DH, DD 17, DD 15, looking at a couple of standard options. For the dates we are looking at, Jambo House has a studio standard that is slightly cheaper than a regular standard. Any insight as to what is better for a 7 or 8 night stay. A room with a queen and bunk beds would be ideal. But are the rooms a little bigger at Jambo? Wasn’t sure if it would be worth saving a little (very little) but the girls have to share a bed.

Anyone know what the current pool hours are at Jambo and/or Kidani ? Will be arriving in about 2 weeks and want to know what to expect ?
Just returned from a January trip at Copper creek , and Coronado Springs, and the pool hour differ wildly between the resorts is seems.
The Wilderness lodge main pool was open at 9-8pm, the Copper creek pool had posted hours 8-11pm (but was basically open all the time) .
The Coronado springs main pool was open 10-8pm ! Quiet pools had hours, but were basically open all the time (but no hot tubs at those :worried:).

Just wondering what to expect at Jambo / Kidani for End of Feb / Beginning of March ?

Found this info from All-Ears , but not sure if its 100% accurate ?

"The Uzima pool is open 24 hours, but the lifeguards go off duty at 10:00 PM and the slide also closes. The two spas close at midnight."

Thanks for any info !

Last edited:
We have stayed many times at AKL but we always stay Club Level. We need a one night stay after our cruise and Club Level is not available. We love the Arusha trail view. The red river hogs are our favorite. Can we make a room request for Arusha? I assume that is what everyone wants right? Just trying to figure out how to make the best of this one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter