• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We are here now in room 7450. I had asked for close to lobby, but yeah it’s like a 6 mile hike from here. The view is great. There’s a giraffe feeding thing just outside so that’s great. It’s also convenient for parking. Next time though I would ask to be moved closer if possible. Going to the lobby or pool is quite an ordeal.

We did Walmart grocery pick up since we have a car but just FYI the freezer part of the mini fridge in the studios is not great. To the point where some of the food was soft so I ended up tossing it. Won’t do that again.
Thank you, very helpful info!

They actually decorated Jambo?! Thats awesome! I really thought they wouldn’t since it’s closed. I wish they’d open the gift shop at least too. Love exploring that shop.

I got a group of 11 staying in Jambo in mid Dec. What's best way to get to MK for rope drop? Walk to kidani for bus? Drive rental cars to TTC? How early to line up for both? I can't seem to equate wait times. Driving seems most controlled but not sure how long the wait for ferry/monorail. We plan to go on Monday. Appreciate any feedback.

I was spoiled with my BLT stay when going to MK, so didn't experience TTC post covid.

Can someone please add me and DH to the list for January 2021? We'll be at AKV/Jambo from January 4th-7th. I'm pretty excited! We had 2 nights at Kidani but were waitlisted for the 3 nights at Jambo instead. Well, the waitlist came through!! Not only is Jambo House my favorite place to stay, but we are staying on gifted DVC points (THANKS, CLUTTER!! :love: )!!!

Can someone tell me... we are staying in a DVC value studio. What is the coffee pot like (so I know what kind of filters and grounds to bring) and how "big" is the fridge? I know there's no food service at Jambo at the moment so I'm planning on bringing breakfast food.

I'm just so psyched!!! 🦓🐅🐘🦏🐊🦒

If the people who gifted you the points are willing, ask them to request 5134 or 5132. Those are values, but have a great view of Sunset Savanna. We stayed in 5134 in August and saw so many animals and there is a giraffe feeding station right in front of those rooms.

The coffee pot is a Mr. Coffee (or that style) 12 cup. The fridge is not very big but adequate for a 3 night stay

Kidani experts - I’m staying at Yacht Club for an upcoming trip, but thinking about going to Kidani one evening to get Sanaa mobile order to go. I’d rather not drag it all the way back to YC. Any suggestions for “secret” (or not-so-secret) outdoor spots at Kidani to have a little Sanaa picnic? Obviously a view of animals would be awesome, but not a must, especially if it would mean I’m in a more crowded area. Thanks!!

Depending on what time you’re there, the pool area may still be open and there are some tables and chairs there. If you’re not staying at the resort you’re not supposed to use the pool, but I don’t know if it would be a problem to sit in the pool area. Over by the tennis courts there’s a barbecue area that also has some tables. At the far end of the pool area you should be able to see some animals on the Pembe savanna. Right in front of the Sanaa check-in area there is an animal viewing area of the Sunset Savanna. There are some chairs and benches out there. On the second floor, obviously you can sit in the lobby, although it is not large. There are also some little alcove areas not far from the lobby with chairs and benches. there is also an outside viewing area on the second floor with rocking chairs. I do not think any of these are a secret.

If the people who gifted you the points are willing, ask them to request 5134 or 5132. Those are values, but have a great view of Sunset Savanna. We stayed in 5134 in August and saw so many animals and there is a giraffe feeding station right in front of those rooms.

The coffee pot is a Mr. Coffee (or that style) 12 cup. The fridge is not very big but adequate for a 3 night stay
View attachment 538684

Thank you so much! I don't think that you can do room requests using DVC, but I'm going to try! Also that is exactly the information I needed for the coffee pot, and thanks for the bonus info- the picture of the fridge! We aren't going to have a car so now I need to figure out how to get half-n-half, yogurt, other breakfast stuff- and WINE! Thanks again for your help!

Thank you so much! I don't think that you can do room requests using DVC, but I'm going to try!

I make them every single time I stay at DVC. Doesn't hurt. I'd say I have gotten what I wanted most times. It may be better if you give them a range instead of one or two specific rooms. Just call Member Services to get it added to your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter