• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We're at MCO heading home after seven wonderful nights at Jambo House.

The resort definitely isn't for everyone right now. The shuttered dining and gift shops are an unfortunate inconvenience, but were mostly a non-issue for us thanks to Amazon Prime Now and DoorDash/Uber Eats, none of which we had used before. And while I can see how some would be put off by a borderline "dead" hotel atmosphere, to us it was ideal.

One thing I cannot stress enough is how excellent the bus service was. I had some concerns that with the lack of guests, buses would be less frequent. That certainly was not the case in our experience. Since going to WDW as a kid, I've stayed everywhere from All-Star Sports to Polynesian, and I have never had such excellent service. There's always an element of luck involved when it comes to Disney transportation, but they certainly do not seem to be cutting back in this area.

We did take a Lyft and then walk from the Swan on our two Studios days, but we would have done that at any non-Epcot area resort.

Our standard view room (5232) provided a rather nice view of the Sunset Savanna. In a magical moment that couldn't have been scripted any better, a truck drove out in front of our balcony and we watched "our friends" (as we took to calling all the animals on the savanna) the giraffes amble over for feeding time right before we left the room to check out.

For us, a Disney resort room is mostly just a bed to sleep in when we aren't running around at the parks. It would have been tough for us to justify staying here if not for the confirmed DVC rental that was heavily discounted the week before our trip (which originally was booked at Pop, then switched to Swan). But under these specific circumstances, I can't imagine our vacation would have gone better anywhere else.

How is DME working at Jambo, someone told me drop off/pick up was only at Kidani. Is this the case or do they also stop at Jambo?

How is DME working at Jambo, someone told me drop off/pick up was only at Kidani. Is this the case or do they also stop at Jambo?
Strangely, we were picked up at Jambo but dropped off at Kidani.

I told the bus driver we were staying at Jambo, but he said they only drop off at Kidani, even though we were the only ones staying at either of the AKL resorts. We walked to Jambo, but I would definitely recommend taking the convenient shuttle that goes back and forth between the two.

I'm glad you asked about this, because it was the one thing about our stay that was less than magical, even though it wasn't a huge deal.

Strangely, we were picked up at Jambo but dropped off at Kidani.

I told the bus driver we were staying at Jambo, but he said they only drop off at Kidani, even though we were the only ones staying at either of the AKL resorts. We walked to Jambo, but I would definitely recommend taking the convenient shuttle that goes back and forth between the two.

I'm glad you asked about this, because it was the one thing about our stay that was less than magical, even though it wasn't a huge deal.
Doesn't make sense to drag my luggage off one bus onto another, but at least I now know what to expect. Thanks

We are staying at Kidani but only using DME for our return trip. Would be downright silly to have to lug our luggage from Kidani to Jambo to catch the bus. There will be 10 of us and a TON of luggage after an 11+ day trip.

We are staying at Kidani but only using DME for our return trip. Would be downright silly to have to lug our luggage from Kidani to Jambo to catch the bus. There will be 10 of us and a TON of luggage after an 11+ day trip.
I assume they are still picking up at Kidani as well. They just aren't dropping off at Jambo.

When we were there last month, they stopped first at Jambo - we got off the bus, never having been before, but the driver told us to get back on. Leaving, the driver picked up at Kidani first, then Jambo before stopping at a couple other resorts.

I second this. Only nine days until our arrival. If someone sees Jambo decorated for the holidays, I would appreciate the post too.
Will be sad to not see a tree in the lobby. I may just pick up a tiny one & toss it in suitcase for villa.

We're at MCO heading home after seven wonderful nights at Jambo House.

The resort definitely isn't for everyone right now. The shuttered dining and gift shops are an unfortunate inconvenience, but were mostly a non-issue for us thanks to Amazon Prime Now and DoorDash/Uber Eats, none of which we had used before. And while I can see how some would be put off by a borderline "dead" hotel atmosphere, to us it was ideal.

One thing I cannot stress enough is how excellent the bus service was. I had some concerns that with the lack of guests, buses would be less frequent. That certainly was not the case in our experience. Since going to WDW as a kid, I've stayed everywhere from All-Star Sports to Polynesian, and I have never had such excellent service. There's always an element of luck involved when it comes to Disney transportation, but they certainly do not seem to be cutting back in this area.

We did take a Lyft and then walk from the Swan on our two Studios days, but we would have done that at any non-Epcot area resort.

Our standard view room (5232) provided a rather nice view of the Sunset Savanna. In a magical moment that couldn't have been scripted any better, a truck drove out in front of our balcony and we watched "our friends" (as we took to calling all the animals on the savanna) the giraffes amble over for feeding time right before we left the room to check out.

For us, a Disney resort room is mostly just a bed to sleep in when we aren't running around at the parks. It would have been tough for us to justify staying here if not for the confirmed DVC rental that was heavily discounted the week before our trip (which originally was booked at Pop, then switched to Swan). But under these specific circumstances, I can't imagine our vacation would have gone better anywhere else.
sounded like an amazing vacation. I have a quick question re: DoorDash/Uber Eats....where did they deliver your orders? How was the food when the order arrived..still HOT?? TIA

sounded like an amazing vacation. I have a quick question re: DoorDash/Uber Eats....where did they deliver your orders? How was the food when the order arrived..still HOT?? TIA
I met them out in front of the lobby. Both apps show where the driver is on the map, so it's pretty easy to tell if the vehicle pulling into the porte cochere is your food delivery or someone else. Uber Eats also shows the model/color of the car, which is nice.

We ordered food on three evenings, and each time the delivery person arrived on the low end of the time estimate in the app, and the food was still hot.

If you've never used these services, I highly recommend signing up for all of them before your trip if you think you might use them at all. They all offer really good coupon codes for first time users. We got 50% off our first order from DoorDash, and used a $25 off coupon (only paid for service charge and tip) with Uber Eats.

I met them out in front of the lobby. Both apps show where the driver is on the map, so it's pretty easy to tell if the vehicle pulling into the porte cochere is your food delivery or someone else. Uber Eats also shows the model/color of the car, which is nice.

We ordered food on three evenings, and each time the delivery person arrived on the low end of the time estimate in the app, and the food was still hot.

If you've never used these services, I highly recommend signing up for all of them before your trip if you think you might use them at all. They all offer really good coupon codes for first time users. We got 50% off our first order from DoorDash, and used a $25 off coupon (only paid for service charge and tip) with Uber Eats.

Thanks for your helpful information. Now I can chill at the resort and not having to worry about food :)

Checked out of Kidani today - had a great time and the pool bar filled in for QS nicely. Sanaa to-go and breakfast were great too. I have to say that transportation was great all week. I was really worried, but I never had to wait for a second bus and rarely waited more than 5 minutes.

Checked out of Kidani today - had a great time and the pool bar filled in for QS nicely. Sanaa to-go and breakfast were great too. I have to say that transportation was great all week. I was really worried, but I never had to wait for a second bus and rarely waited more than 5 minutes.
Love hearing positives about staying at Kidani!
Do you mind sharing your room location, floor and room number, and also info like views of animals, distance to lobby and pool? I am starting to get a sense of the layout, but haven't mastered their numbering system yet! (except that even numbered rooms are savanna views and if the last 2 digits are over 30 you are starting to get further from the lobby) At VWL/BR I know exactly where a room is located based on the number! :)
TIA!

Love hearing positives about staying at Kidani!
Do you mind sharing your room location, floor and room number, and also info like views of animals, distance to lobby and pool? I am starting to get a sense of the layout, but haven't mastered their numbering system yet! (except that even numbered rooms are savanna views and if the last 2 digits are over 30 you are starting to get further from the lobby) At VWL/BR I know exactly where a room is located based on the number! :)
TIA!

So I booked a standard view studio. Savannah view was not a priority for me and didn’t feel right requesting it when I didn’t pay for it. My only request was close to lobby. I got room 7307 and it overlooked the porte cochere. It was very close to the lobby and next to some stairs that took me outside. Very convenient for the buses or getting outside to the pool. I don’t like being dependent on elevators. Technically it was zoned for the Timon elevator, but the lobby/Sanaa elevator was closer.

I will say I thought the room was a little shabby when I checked in. I had spent one night in a “new” Pop room before transferring, and some of the fixtures just felt old in comparison. It grew on me though!

Thanks for the report. We arrive in 17 days for our 3rd stay at Kidani.

So I booked a standard view studio. Savannah view was not a priority for me and didn’t feel right requesting it when I didn’t pay for it. My only request was close to lobby. I got room 7307 and it overlooked the porte cochere. It was very close to the lobby and next to some stairs that took me outside. Very convenient for the buses or getting outside to the pool. I don’t like being dependent on elevators. Technically it was zoned for the Timon elevator, but the lobby/Sanaa elevator was closer.

I will say I thought the room was a little shabby when I checked in. I had spent one night in a “new” Pop room before transferring, and some of the fixtures just felt old in comparison. It grew on me though!
Thanks!

We are here now in room 7450. I had asked for close to lobby, but yeah it’s like a 6 mile hike from here. The view is great. There’s a giraffe feeding thing just outside so that’s great. It’s also convenient for parking. Next time though I would ask to be moved closer if possible. Going to the lobby or pool is quite an ordeal.

We did Walmart grocery pick up since we have a car but just FYI the freezer part of the mini fridge in the studios is not great. To the point where some of the food was soft so I ended up tossing it. Won’t do that again.

We are here now in room 7450. I had asked for close to lobby, but yeah it’s like a 6 mile hike from here. The view is great. There’s a giraffe feeding thing just outside so that’s great. It’s also convenient for parking. Next time though I would ask to be moved closer if possible. Going to the lobby or pool is quite an ordeal.

We did Walmart grocery pick up since we have a car but just FYI the freezer part of the mini fridge in the studios is not great. To the point where some of the food was soft so I ended up tossing it. Won’t do that again.

Has AKL gotten any holiday decor yet? 😍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter