Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I am surprising my DW with a trip this August. She has always wanted to stay at AKL. I am not able to afford the Savannah view so I booked a resort view. I have read folks post that only get Savannah views if you stay at AKL.

My question is, because we have not visited this resort before, is there a public area where you can sit and watch animals (i.e. lobby or patio off the lobby)? I am hopeful this exists because I think she wants to watch animals for 30 minutes once or twice.

I really enjoyed grabbing a coffee from my room and relaxing in the rocking chairs on the viewing decks. There are many, don't just pile into the one where everyone goes on the right side of the lobby.

20231225_084819.jpg

Another question (sorry for the large volume of Qs but this is a new resort for my family), I searched prior threads and a January 2024 activity sheet, and it appears there is pin trading with "King Pin" a CM on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Are there any unofficial pin trading happenings/gatherings at AKL that the regulars know about but newbies might not know?

My DD and DW are a couple of pin nutties. I mean that in the most respectful, loving ways possible.

Another question (sorry for the large volume of Qs but this is a new resort for my family), I searched prior threads and a January 2024 activity sheet, and it appears there is pin trading with "King Pin" a CM on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Are there any unofficial pin trading happenings/gatherings at AKL that the regulars know about but newbies might not know?

My DD and DW are a couple of pin nutties. I mean that in the most respectful, loving ways possible.
I am not aware of any.

Trading with King Pin is fun. He is one of the few that has good pins to trade instead of a bunch of scrappers.

Hi hi! Just switched to DAKL for my September trip. With the stay more/save more discount, it was only about $140 for me to switch from a standard room at POFQ to a standard view room at DAKL, so it was a no-brainer. I'm really excited! but I don't know a whole lot about the layout of this resort and I just have a few questions.

1. Is it a guarantee that my room is going to be in Jambo house? Sorry, this feels like a stupid question because I know definitively that Kidani Village is the DVC resort -- just want to be absolutely sure, as I'm booking Mears Connect for this trip and don't want to mess up the reservation.

2. How close are the farthest standard view rooms to the lobby and transportation? From the scoping I've done online, it looks like a lot of standard view rooms are actually pretty close to the lobby but don't know if that's a guarantee. When I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, our room was pretty far away from everything. Don't know how large Jambo house or Kidani Village are in comparison to WL, but assuming Jambo house is bigger?

Any other tips are very welcome! Thanks so much :)

Hi hi! Just switched to DAKL for my September trip. With the stay more/save more discount, it was only about $140 for me to switch from a standard room at POFQ to a standard view room at DAKL, so it was a no-brainer. I'm really excited! but I don't know a whole lot about the layout of this resort and I just have a few questions.

1. Is it a guarantee that my room is going to be in Jambo house? Sorry, this feels like a stupid question because I know definitively that Kidani Village is the DVC resort -- just want to be absolutely sure, as I'm booking Mears Connect for this trip and don't want to mess up the reservation.

2. How close are the farthest standard view rooms to the lobby and transportation? From the scoping I've done online, it looks like a lot of standard view rooms are actually pretty close to the lobby but don't know if that's a guarantee. When I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, our room was pretty far away from everything. Don't know how large Jambo house or Kidani Village are in comparison to WL, but assuming Jambo house is bigger?

Any other tips are very welcome! Thanks so much :)
If your on a cash room you'll be in Jambo, had you paid cash for a villa you would have picked Jambo or Kidani at booking.

The furthest standard room is miles from the lobby. :rotfl2: Not really but it feels like it after a long day, it is a long walk. I believe Kidani hallways are longer than Jambo's.You can always request near lobby.

If your on a cash room you'll be in Jambo, had you paid cash for a villa you would have picked Jambo or Kidani at booking.

The furthest standard room is miles from the lobby. :rotfl2: Not really but it feels like it after a long day, it is a long walk. I believe Kidani hallways are longer than Jambo's.You can always request near lobby.

Thanks so much!

There are DVC rooms at Jambo. We stayed in a one-bedroom there for a week, beginning the day of marathon. We used DVC points. You can pick Kidani or Jambo, usually. Sometimes there are no options. I agree that if you are paying cash, you will be at Jambo (pretty certainly).

I agree that if you are paying cash, you will be at Jambo (pretty certainly).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

If you have a regular hotel room (not a studio, 1-bedroom villa, 2-bedroom villa or 3-bedroom villa): you will be in Jambo House.

But if you pay with cash: that doesn't automatically mean you will be in Jambo House. You can pay cash for a studio or villa in Kidani Village. You can pay cash for a studio or villa in Jambo House.

(By "pay with cash" I mean make a reservation on disneyworld.com or by calling 407-W-DISNEY.)

Jambo House has regular hotel rooms as well as studios and villas.
Kidani Village has no regular hotel rooms. It only has studios and villas.
But any of those can be paid for with cash.

Last edited:
I am surprising my DW with a trip this August. She has always wanted to stay at AKL. I am not able to afford the Savannah view so I booked a resort view. I have read folks post that only get Savannah views if you stay at AKL.

My question is, because we have not visited this resort before, is there a public area where you can sit and watch animals (i.e. lobby or patio off the lobby)? I am hopeful this exists because I think she wants to watch animals for 30 minutes once or twice.
For animal watching, I highly recommend breakfast at Sanaa, which is on the ground floor at Kidani. You order at the counter and they deliver food to your table. If you don't want food, I am pretty sure that you can just get coffee, espresso drinks, or juice there. The beauty of this location is that tables by the windows look out on the savannah. We have seen many different types of animals while having breakfast at Sanaa: giraffes, zebras, crested cranes, a large tortoise, and I think we have also seen elands and Ankole cattle out the windows. We tend to go there a couple of times in the mornings during our trips.

Hi All!
We will be staying at AKL Jambo for the first time. We have scooters on site. I know the busses are shared between Jambo and Kidani. I also read that they stop at Kidani first. Has anyone experienced issues with loading scooters being at the second stop going to the parks?

Thank you!
In a 16-day stay at the beginning of 2024, I encountered a wait for a second bus with a scooter only once. However, I was the only ECV user in my group. We took my elderly father and my step-mother to Disney in years past, both with ECV's and I don't actually recall a day with a delay getting onto the bus. It may depend a bit on the timing of your bus travel. Good luck with it! The scooters are super-convenient.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

If you have a regular hotel room (not a studio, 1-bedroom villa, 2-bedroom villa or 3-bedroom villa): you will be in Jambo House.

But if you pay with cash: that doesn't automatically mean you will be in Jambo House. You can pay cash for a studio or villa in Kidani Village. You can pay cash for a studio or villa in Jambo House.

(By "pay with cash" I mean make a reservation on disneyworld.com or by calling 407-W-DISNEY.)

Jambo House has regular hotel rooms as well as studios and villas.
Kidani Village has no regular hotel rooms. It only has studios and villas.
But any of those can by paid for with cash.
Yes, good points, and clearer than my post, which was a bit off.

I have a reservation to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge this May. This will also be my first time staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort. Outside of early park entry and later park hours on select days, are there any other benefits I should know about with in concerns to staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort? Anything that might help with getting Genie Plus on our park days and reserving G+ Lightning Lanes?

I have a reservation to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge this May. This will also be my first time staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort. Outside of early park entry and later park hours on select days, are there any other benefits I should know about with in concerns to book ILL$ at 7am rather than waiting till park opening, but that is available to all Disney owned on site resorts guests.
The only perk you get for staying Deluxe (other than staying at an awesome resort) is the extended evening hour benefit. Early entry and 7am ILL$ is available to all Disney owned resort guests. Early entry is even a perk for lots of non-Disney owned properties, such as the Disney Springs resorts.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to use quick service DDP credits for Sanaa breakfast? I know it used to be part of the DDP, but perhaps it isn’t included anymore? It is listed as table service for lunch and dinner but there is no info regarding breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter