Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hi AKL peeps. Just reserved a one-bedroom in Jambo House for later this year and have a few questions. Does the Marra have freestyle soda machines or no? Also, does anyone know if the Marra offers almond milk for coffee/tea? Have a milk allergy and trying to get ahead of coffee creamer! Important things! Looking forward to my first stay at AKL! Any info or helpful tips would be great. Thanks!

Hi AKL peeps. Just reserved a one-bedroom in Jambo House for later this year and have a few questions. Does the Marra have freestyle soda machines or no? Also, does anyone know if the Marra offers almond milk for coffee/tea? Have a milk allergy and trying to get ahead of coffee creamer! Important things! Looking forward to my first stay at AKL! Any info or helpful tips would be great. Thanks!

Not sure if you are looking for something to keep in your room, or something for in the restaurant/take-out.

Here is the link to the AKV grocery order form:
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...groceryorder/2015/Grocery-List-AKL-120114.pdf

If a DVC member has Disney deliver groceries, the groceries are purchased in the hotel's gift shop. So we tend to look at this list to get an idea of what is sold in the hotel gift shop.

The Mara does have a large refrigerated grab-and-go section also.

Thank you for your response. We are only staying 3 nights and needed the one bedroom more for space - don't intend to purchase groceries. Am addicted to resort refillable mugs and just wondering if anyone knew if almond milk was served at the Marra at the self serve coffee area. Looking forward to my first AKL stay. Visited many times.
Not sure if you are looking for something to keep in your room, or something for in the restaurant/take-out.

Here is the link to the AKV grocery order form:
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...groceryorder/2015/Grocery-List-AKL-120114.pdf

If a DVC member has Disney deliver groceries, the groceries are purchased in the hotel's gift shop. So we tend to look at this list to get an idea of what is sold in the hotel gift shop.

The Mara does have a large refrigerated grab-and-go section also.

Has anyone booked a 1 Bedroom Club Level RESORT view at Animal Kingdom Lodge? I know before they brought in the Resort View as a category all of the Club Level rooms were Savanna views. I am thinking this room has a less appealing Savanna View but I can not find out for sure. Even Touring Plans doesn't have it as an option. I need to know. PLEASE HELP!

Loved our stay at AKL-Kidani in a 1BR (2 toilets a plus) in Feb. Should I expect a very similar experience at Jambo House Savannah view? Minus the toilets of course 🤪

Loved our stay at AKL-Kidani in a 1BR (2 toilets a plus) in Feb. Should I expect a very similar experience at Jambo House Savannah view? Minus the toilets of course 🤪
Jambo house one bedrooms only have a tub, with a shower head, so it’s not the same experience as other one bedroom DVC units. The tub has a rather wide rim, and it’s rather hard to step into. Just my experience, of course.

So, when I get a one bedroom in Jambo, I always book one with roll in shower, HA. Then it’s fine for me!

Jambo house one bedrooms only have a tub, with a shower head, so it’s not the same experience as other one bedroom DVC units. The tub has a rather wide rim, and it’s rather hard to step into. Just my experience, of course.

So, when I get a one bedroom in Jambo, I always book one with roll in shower, HA. Then it’s fine for me!
I was not aware. That’s significant. Thank you!

We are DVC and AKL is our home resort. I have a hard time getting in and out of that tub to take a shower (I have a balance disorder). Would not have thought to book an HA room!
While I was in the shower on my last visit I had a realization that as I get older, getting in/out of the shower with that darn tub is going to be impossible and therefore limit our stays at AKL. Here's hoping they put in a different style tub during the upcoming reno- if not I will try to book an HA room.

We are DVC and AKL is our home resort. I have a hard time getting in and out of that tub to take a shower (I have a balance disorder). Would not have thought to book an HA room!
While I was in the shower on my last visit I had a realization that as I get older, getting in/out of the shower with that darn tub is going to be impossible and therefore limit our stays at AKL. Here's hoping they put in a different style tub during the upcoming reno- if not I will try to book an HA room.
I have balance issues too. I hope you find a solution that works for you so that you can still enjoy Jambo!

Have to admit, that tub makes me feel a tad older, as well! Glad it's not just me. I'm still OK with the in/out for a shower for now, but it's definitely higher and I need to be extra careful - but there will come a time I won't want to even chance it!

Do you know if Jambo has DVC HA studios? Neither Touring plans nor the map I saw showed any? Kidani, large as it is, told me that they only had two there, and that's not many. So I hope Jambo has a few.

I was not aware. That’s significant. Thank you!
In addition to the tub/shower with the very wide rim (I won’t stay at Jambo because of that, it’s Kidani for me), the bathroom is not connected to the bedroom. Instead, it’s across a narrow hallway, and anyone crossing from the bedroom to the bathroom is clearly visible from the living room. That may be an issue or may not, depending on who you’re sharing that 1BR with!

Do you know if Jambo has DVC HA studios? Neither Touring plans nor the map I saw showed any? Kidani, large as it is, told me that they only had two there, and that's not many. So I hope Jambo has a few.
There only seems to be this kind. Standard view with roll in shower. Don’t know how many.
IMG_5383.jpeg

There are accessible studios at Jambo. I stay often and book a standard accessible studio …most often get one by the back elevator with a view of the pool. Great location! Elevator takes you directly to the pool and the Mara. Others may be able to speak of more locations.

I used to really enjoy booking value studios when I could get them, but unfortunately there are no value accessible rooms at Jambo… can’t deal with the tub configuration anymore so it’s now accessible only when staying there.

In addition to the tub/shower with the very wide rim (I won’t stay at Jambo because of that, it’s Kidani for me), the bathroom is not connected to the bedroom. Instead, it’s across a narrow hallway, and anyone crossing from the bedroom to the bathroom is clearly visible from the living room. That may be an issue or may not, depending on who you’re sharing that 1BR with!
Just our kids, but that's a really odd choice for a room layout now that I have a good look at it. Not sure what their plan was? And extra 100 sq ft at Kidani make that an even more obvious choice, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter