Jambo value studio pull-out: how uncomfortable?

pks_domer

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this is already addressed somewhere… we have a value studio stay coming up soon and will need the pull-out couch. Is it remotely sleepable? If not, is there anything you’ve used that makes it better? Sometimes foam vs feather topper depends on what’s beneath. Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this is already addressed somewhere… we have a value studio stay coming up soon and will need the pull-out couch. Is it remotely sleepable? If not, is there anything you’ve used that makes it better? Sometimes foam vs feather topper depends on what’s beneath. Thanks in advance!
My teen will sleep on it as a couch, he says it's more comfortable that way...

Thanks. Well need to sleep 4 unfortunately. I found some more threads for Jambo in general, and sounds like the pull-outs may be tough. Now doing some legwork on toppers…

I’d say if it’s younger kids who typically don’t care much, it may be ok. If it’s teens/adults, probably not going to work. The topper could work or simply bring an air mattress and use it instead.

When we sleep 4 in a value studio we take a cot (but we drive and that makes it a lot easier). I’m the one that chooses the cot over sharing the sofa bed with someone 😂

Is it still true that housekeeping has mattress toppers you can request? We also need to use the value pull out bed in a couple months…

I’d say if it’s younger kids who typically don’t care much, it may be ok. If it’s teens/adults, probably not going to work. The topper could work or simply bring an air mattress and use it instead.
Thank you. I picked out something to use on top of it. I will see soon enough if I chose wisely!

We just got back from Kidani which I am thinking the pullouts are the same type and age….That being said, my older 28 yr old son who has never had a problem with the queen pullouts HATED the lack of sleep from the Kidani pull out. We requested a topper but then the couch did not close well enough for us to use during the day and my son said it was not that much of a help. Another issue was the pull out twin chair which we always have used and not had problems, was broken and did not open flat. That wasn’t even able to be fixed. Kidani and I am assuming Jambo DVC needs a hard refurbishment soon. Murphy beds all the way! LOL

We just got back from Kidani which I am thinking the pullouts are the same type and age….That being said, my older 28 yr old son who has never had a problem with the queen pullouts HATED the lack of sleep from the Kidani pull out. We requested a topper but then the couch did not close well enough for us to use during the day and my son said it was not that much of a help. Another issue was the pull out twin chair which we always have used and not had problems, was broken and did not open flat. That wasn’t even able to be fixed. Kidani and I am assuming Jambo DVC needs a hard refurbishment soon. Murphy beds all the way! LOL
Thanks for sharing. And yes, definitely team Murphy over here too…

We were there in December and housekeeping brought a topper. My teen was okay with it but then opted to just sleep on it as a couch the other two nights.

I think those refurbs are scheduled for 2025! You're right - some of those rooms are used hard and really need to refurb. I hate the construction and room closures during our stays - but am looking forward to the updates. We've experienced the Murphy beds over the old pullout sofas at BCV, and it's so much better! I expect the same thing at both sides of AKL!

Regrettably, we stopped staying at AKV because of the sofa bed. This model sofa bed has a thin mattress and uncomfortable folding bar placement. The model that followed, which is presently at BLT and used to be at PVB and VGF, has a thicker mattress and a folding bar placement that is more mid-thigh, rather than along the back.

Having done it many times before and woken up in pain, I kindly suggest trying to get a studio at another resort with an InovaBed or OKW because studios have two traditional queen beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter