Jambo

I am booked June 27 for Jambo value studio. I have not received a call to switch yet, but it looks like at least a few people have got a call, has anyone as late as June 27 been asked to switch yet? I like Jambo better than Kidani and want to stay in Jambo, if I have to switch I would rather a different resort. I will update if I get asked to switch.

I called Sunday and they moved my two Jambo value studio reservations starting July 2 to Kidani standard view studios.

I called Sunday and they moved my two Jambo value studio reservations starting July 2 to Kidani standard view studios.
did you have to pay any additional points? Also, IMO Jambo is superior to Kidani but to many i know it is the opposite. Are you happy with your change? And, do you think you could have gotten a Savannah view?

This is our first DVC visit and first to Animal Kingdom Villas, but we wanted Jambo for our first stay. They moved us to standard view from value and “gifted” us the point difference, though we would have had to pay the difference in points if we wanted Savannah view (about 7-9 pts/night!).

We’ve heard good things about both, so we’ll enjoy Kidani this time. :)

MLS is now confirmed to go to Swan & Dolphin https://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-is-back-tournament/health-and-safety-protocols

NBA is most likely at CSR, although perhaps they could use other resorts as size gets smaller and/or for families when players are finished.

So it is looking more like Jambo is closed because of guest capacity. And as I have stated before, so they have some place for the guests displaced by the NBA.
I just posted this on the other Jambo thread. Although it does have an "and" with Walt Disney World Resort, so maybe not exclusive? Or are they referring to ESPN World of Sports?

Last edited:
Jambo is showing lots of availability for me now. Maybe they were holding it for MLS but since they ended up going with the Swan and Dolphin they no longer need to?

Jambo is showing lots of availability for me now. Maybe they were holding it for MLS but since they ended up going with the Swan and Dolphin they no longer need to?

I also see Jambo availability as wide open. Including club level, which they should have removed due to it not being offered for the time being.

I also see Jambo availability as wide open. Including club level, which they should have removed due to it not being offered for the time being.

You can book the first week too, which we know is not accurate. Maybe they heard complaints and put it back.

We will see now how long they actually keep it closed.

I see the availability starting the 22nd which is when we are going and got switched to Kidani! Makes no sense!

I see the availability starting the 22nd which is when we are going and got switched to Kidani! Makes no sense!
It is strange, you can try calling. I think they removed the block, and will put in another one based on how long they think the resort will be closed. Since there is a lot of space at Kidani prior to park opening, it would be costly to keep Jambo open only for the small part that is DVC, and burden the AKV owners with that cost. I anticipate they will open Jambo when Kidani fills up, closer to when parks open.

Last edited:
It is strange, you can try calling. I think they removed the block, and will put in another one based on how long they think the resort will be closed. Since there is a lot of space at Kidani prior to park opening, it would be costly to keep Jambo open only for the small part that is DVC, and burden the AKL owners with that cost. I anticipate they will open Jambo when Kidani fills up, closer to when parks open.

We might be seeing Disney announce hotel openings shortly. If AKL is open than it will take a lot of the burden off AKV's dues.

I wonder if you were "upgraded" from value to Standard/Savannah and you modify back to Value will you get extra points?
We actually sent a message to Terri yesterday and got a positive reply that things weren’t necessarily handled well and someone would be reaching out to us. So we waiting to hear from someone today or tomorrow.
I doubt they would let us keep an upgrade. But quite honestly with the mess they put us in, they should !

Thank you for the heads up on the Jambo rooms! I had accidently canceled one night of my son's stay (okay, wasn't as much of an accident as it was him saying he didn't want to go, but has now changed his mind and does) and so I had been stalking the system in hopes of that day opening up. It's not the same category as the other nights, but at least now he won't have to crash on the floor of our room. :teleport: <-- him switching rooms twice because he couldn't make up his mind, LOL

Ah, the joys of DVC.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. Changed our one night CL to a value studio! Bonus, that was booked with borrowed points, so those 11 extra points should go back to the UY they were borrowed from automatically, right?

I just noticed room are available too. Has their been any communication on what offerings may be available at the Concierge level? I can't imagine that they would have it set up the same way they usually do for food & drinks.

I just noticed room are available too. Has their been any communication on what offerings may be available at the Concierge level? I can't imagine that they would have it set up the same way they usually do for food & drinks.
Club lounges are closed until further notice.

Clubs are closed for now. You could book it for the fall hoping they open up, and potentially get points refunded if they do not. Just be careful of how you use your points (ie banking, borrowing) just in case they get refunded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter