• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo

If they don’t want to open AK Jambo why is the Mara and Victoria Falls on the call back list of options for cm’s

My understanding was Mara is breakfast only. Plus, Kidani does have the same level of QS.

I think the point was that the majority of the hotel would be empty and having housekeepers for so few rooms, along with bell services, front desk staff, etc. doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Jambo is not opening at this time. It seem as though it will open when WDW opens up there deluxe resorts,

IMO, they kept it closed because it doesn’t include that many DVC units and didn’t warrant keeping the entire thing open,

I bet they wish they could have done it with Wilderness Lodge too, but CCV is its own association, Jambo is just a building at the AKV resort.

It very well could be open by the time you get there as rumor is by then the deluxe resorts will have opened up. This coming week is supposed to give more news.

Well, that's good to hear. But, doesn't explain why all inventory for 2020 is still gone :)

My understanding was Mara is breakfast only. Plus, Kidani does have the same level of QS.
I thought the only QS at Kidani was breakfast at Sana’a, it will be tough being at Kidani if there are no QS options for lunch and dinner,

Last edited:
Well, that's good to hear. But, doesn't explain why all inventory for 2020 is still gone :)

That is a completely different can of worms. I heard last week that Jambo wasn’t slated to open on June 22nd and that was before things were pulled.

So, I think one was decided and then the possibility of NBA using it happened after.

I thought the only QS at Kidani was breakfast at Sana’a, it will be thought being at Kidani if there are no QS options for lunch and dinner,

The list that was published from union on call backs.,,I will see if I can find it...showed staff at Mara as breakfast.

They may be adjusting what is offered where. But, here is what is says about Kidani. Since nothing is listed for Jambo, maybe those will no longer be opening.

The list that was published from union on call backs.,,I will see if I can find it...showed staff at Mara as breakfast.

They may be adjusting what is offered where. But, here is what is says about Kidani. Since nothing is listed for Jambo, maybe those will no longer be opening.
I saw that list, and was concerned at the lack of QS for lunch and dinner at Kidani.

FYI- we have June booking for once DVC opens up for a two bedroom at Jambo and we just got the call. They are booting us and the only option they tried to offer was Kidani. We made it clear that what they are doing and the reason why ( NBA OR MLS) we feel is wrong and we didn’t settle for what they offered. She is going back to management to see if they improve their offer!

Wow! I guess I was wrong...sorry that you are having to deal with this inconvenience. 😕

Jambo is not opening at this time. It seem as though it will open when WDW opens up there deluxe resorts,

IMO, they kept it closed because it doesn’t include that many DVC units and didn’t warrant keeping the entire thing open,

I bet they wish they could have done it with Wilderness Lodge too, but CCV is its own association, Jambo is just a building at the AKV resort.

It very well could be open by the time you get there as rumor is by then the deluxe resorts will have opened up. This coming week is supposed to give more news.

If all units at AKL are locked off it's close to 30% of AKL villas.

I think the point was that the majority of the hotel would be empty and having housekeepers for so few rooms, along with bell services, front desk staff, etc. doesn’t make a lot of sense.

They just need to staff to the number of rooms open, not the entire staff.

I don't know that they can choose to remove select units from a resort just because they want to.

So far I see Disney moving reservations at Jambo to Kidani if they are before park opening in July (currently reported moving June 22-July 4). I am only guessing here, but they could be consolidating DVC Jambo to DVC Kidani because they have rooms from the 60 day breakage, and so they don't have to open the Jambo infrastructure. When parks open and more guests need to be accommodated, I see them opening Jambo, both DVC and resort.

I cannot imagine having a full Kidani with no parks open, and without the supporting restaurants at Jambo. At least most of the villas have cooking facilities, but who wants to cook all the time on vacation. Also, grocery delivery could be problematic with increased ordering by guests.

Have you noticed that the unavailability of Jambo DVC on the website is tracking almost exactly to the 7 month window? People may be moving reservations in the 7 month window and taking up the inventory.

And I’m confused about you saying “Jambo is just a building at AKL” because my DVC contract is actually for Jambo House not Kidani.
Everybody's contract is for a specific portion of a unit in DVC. For example at the Poly I own a probably the equivalent of 1 bathroom tile in a specific unit that is in a specific longhouse. That does not mean that I ever get to stay in that unit. The association at AKL includes both Kidani and Jambo. Owning a piece of Jambo does not give you priority in booking at Jambo.

Now that being said, I completely agree with you. You booked at Jambo and you should get to stay at Jambo. I don't own at AKL, but when I do stay there I will never pick Kidani again. It's too big. We had a room at the end of one of the horns and having to walk a mile after an entire day at the park was agonizing. I am really interested to find out what Disney is up to here. I certainly hope that they are not moving people to Kidani because of wanting to use that space for some sports team. I don't know what the legality is in moving people from one building to another, but I suspect that it is within their rights. They could certainly move all Poly guests to consolidate longhouses.

If they don’t want to open AK Jambo why is the Mara and Victoria Falls on the call back list of options for cm’s
I wonder if those Jambo CM’s (who work QS lunch/dinner and an evening bar) will be working out of Kidani? They might run the pool bar more hours or setup a bar in the Kidani lobby.
The Kidani pool has food delivery, so someone has to make it?

They just need to staff to the number of rooms open, not the entire staff.

I don't know that they can choose to remove select units from a resort just because they want to.

Isnt AKV all one resort under the same condo association? If so, I think it would give them a reason to limit use of one building.

I do not think they can leave it closed, however, if they open other deluxe resorts. That would be a tough aspect.

Also, CL rooms can be out of service with no Cl offerings...but, if I was an AKV owner and wanted more info on how they can legally take those rooms out of service, then I’d be in contact with DVD.

Isnt AKV all one resort under the same condo association? If so, I think it would give them a reason to limit use of one building.

I do not think they can leave it closed, however, if they open other deluxe resorts. That would be a tough aspect.

Also, CL rooms can be out of service with no Cl offerings...but, if I was an AKV owner and wanted more info on how they can legally take those rooms out of service, then I’d be in contact with DVD.

I'm thinking to the POS. Once a unit is declared into the association it is there for use. The only reason I recall that it would be pulled out (other than maintenance) is due to damage or destruction. I do not recall anything else written as allowable but if you know of it Is l'd like to know where. When a resort is early in sales they have a clause that allows units still owned by DVD to be used in the mix but DVD doesn't own enough of AKV at this point to consider substitution in that way of all Jambo units and it's the only way I'm aware of other than damage.

It may be just for the initial period though so they figure they'll take some screaming for a few weeks and it's not enough time for it to go further in questioning.

I'm thinking to the POS. Once a unit is declared into the association it is there for use. The only reason I recall that it would be pulled out (other than maintenance) is due to damage or destruction. I do not recall anything else written as allowable but if you know of it Is l'd like to know where. When a resort is early in sales they have a clause that allows units still owned by DVD to be used in the mix but DVD doesn't own enough of AKV at this point to consider substitution in that way of all Jambo units and it's the only way I'm aware of other than damage.

It may be just for the initial period though so they figure they'll take some screaming for a few weeks and it's not enough time for it to go further in questioning.

I think the unique aspect of Jambo...which is not the same for CCV...is that it is in a building owned by Disney but also part of a larger AKV association that includes Kidani.

Since I don’t own AKV and don’t have access to how the documents read for those two resorts, it seems that Disney keeping the hotel portion closed, would be legal for the initial period because AKV Kidani is opening.

CL rooms can be taken out of service because of that being suspend...

But, as I posted in another thread, I don’t think what they are doing while AKL remains closed would apply if they open up their hotel rooms to other guests....no matter who those guests are..

Other than CL, once they decide to put anyone at AKL, then anyone with a current reservation should not be moved, unless, as you say there are maintenance issues,

CCV is different because it is it’s own association, so I think they were forced to open that, even though WL was closed.

Jambo, for me, is trickier because of it seeming as though it’s one resort,,,the fact that Jambo and Kidani owners have access to both at 11 months leads me to believe that opening Kidani only fulfills the legal aspect of the resort being opened.

Someone on the news board coronavirus thread said a fall Jambo waitlist just cleared - can anyone check and see if it’s all still blocked?

Someone on the news board coronavirus thread said a fall Jambo waitlist just cleared - can anyone check and see if it’s all still blocked?
Just looked........nothing available in any category until January.

Just wanted to give an update on what we were offered for our June booking at Jambo. We were initially offered to switch to Kidani and get a savannah view ( we had standard @ Jambo. But we had to pay 5 extra points and they would cover the rest. After a day waiting to hear back from management to see if there was anything else they could do, they came back and offered the exact same thing. No offering to allow us to even move to a different DVC resort. And sounds likely only QS is what they have at the kidani pool bar ( which does not have things my kids will eat).

We had to accept or have them cancel our reservation all together. If we find out a “group” is coming in to Jambo and that was the catalyst, it seems like there could be other recourse we have. We are hoping since we didn’t “cancel” we may have some opportunity to better rectify in coming days. Bummer this is happening 2 weeks before my stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter