Jane's DFTW TR: Wedding Day Video Link added 11/13

Wonderful pictures. You look so beautiful. I am so enjoying your wedding trip report. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to your next installment.
:hug:

great trip report so far Jane

popcorn:: patiently waiting for more ;)

Linz xxx :)

Day 3 - Continued

After dinner we jumped on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. I was going to see a parade and do some more rides that day if it killed me! It was also extra magic hours that day so I thought we should take full advantage.

We got into the park about 20 minutes before wishes was going to start so I walked everyone up main street and got to just before the hub, fantastic viewing point or so I thought. Not everyone in the group was that happy with how crowed it was and wanted to move to a less crowded spot right near a tree!

Here are some of the good photos that Darren got. His holiday job was photos mine was filming.

dsc00403ww1.jpg

dsc00416to7.jpg

dsc00401so6.jpg

Everyone was amazed by the fireworks it puts our November the 5th displays to shame. I managed to find us all some seats to wait for SpectroMagic, it was starting an hour after the fireworks but I didn't see the point of moving and fight the crowds. It was at this point that my nieces decided they wanted to do the Stitch ride. I don't like this ride, it scared me when it was the horrible alien ride so I won't even attempt it. I got a little upset by this as I wanted the girls to see the parade but my brother and his family don't get the Disney parade thing and don't see the point of waiting for them so they left us. At this point my mum and step-dad decided that they were really tired, we did all wake up really early, so they got the bus back to French Quarter. It was at this point that I realized that none of this holiday was going to go to my plan, I wanted to show my family so much to show them why I love Disney so much, so I did something totally out of character and decided just to roll with it and not let it upset me. This left me and Darren, and bless him it was his first ever trip to Disney and he totally got the whole parade and show thing and was quite happy to wait for SpectroMagic. So we found ourselves a good spot on Main Street and waited.

dsc00454cd0.jpg

dsc00452nv6.jpg

Darren loved the parade he tried to take photos of everything but I think he was rushing the camera so not many of them came out that well.

When it had finished I got a text from Anya, they never got on the Stitch ride as there was some problems with it and that have seen the parade from one of the bridges. Remembering that my brother and his wife hate Disney it was at this point that they both admitted that they had got excited when they saw Mickey Mouse!

We decided to make our way to pirates so we could at least do our second ride of the trip. Everyone was really impressed with pirates and at one point they thought that they were outside. I love the addition of Captain Jack I just wish he had been in it a bit more.

We were all feeling pretty tired when we left pirates and decided to call it a night. I don't know if it is my sight but I found it quite hard walking around Magic Kingdom in the dark, I think you could easily get lost.

When we got back to the hotel we set the alarm as we had a 10 am appointment the next day to sort out the veil problem.

I am thoroughly enjoying your trip report, Jane! :goodvibes I don't know what I would have done though eating at Crystal Palace and O'Hana's all in one day, whew, but yummy!!! Can't wait for more popcorn::

Wow :eek:

It looks and sounds amazing!!!!!

Do you want a part time job as wedding planner for a bridezilla in South Yorkshire, I will travel!!! :laughing:

Your report is great, you are great with the details!

Mel

I am thoroughly enjoying your trip report, Jane! :goodvibes I don't know what I would have done though eating at Crystal Palace and O'Hana's all in one day, whew, but yummy!!! Can't wait for more popcorn::

It did take is toll on Darren and he is a big eater. The food in both of these places was amazing. If we ever do get to go back I would visit them again.

Wow :eek:

It looks and sounds amazing!!!!!

Do you want a part time job as wedding planner for a bridezilla in South Yorkshire, I will travel!!! :laughing:

Your report is great, you are great with the details!

Mel

I would love to be a wedding planner, I really enjoyed planning our wedding. Its just a shame my real job takes up so much of my life, part of the reason this trip report is taking me some time to write.

Awesome TR Jane!!!! Did you love Ohana's!!!! Looks like you all had fun there!!! We love Crystal Palace too!!!!

Looking forward to more :)

Awesome TR Jane!!!! Did you love Ohana's!!!! Looks like you all had fun there!!! We love Crystal Palace too!!!!

Looking forward to more :)

Ohana's was fantastic. I'm so glad we picked to go there for Mick's birthday. And the Poly is amazing, Darrren decided that is where he would like to stay if we go back!

DAY 4 - Can we sort out the veil problem? And a trip to Hollywood Studios
We decided to do a girl only trip to Carolyn Allens to find a new veil. The boys stayed around the pool for the morning and my nieces went swimming. My mum felt so bad leaving my veil at home that she had offered to buy a new one, we didn't want her to but she wouldn't take no for an answer so I paid the taxi fare. So me, my mum and Anya made the trip. We got there a little late as the taxi driver wasn't 100% sure where it was but he was very helpful as he called them for us to let them know we were on the way. He was a very nice man he even waited for us when we were in the shop and didn't charge any extra.

Carolyn Allens were really helpful, they even know that I had booked them for the steaming for Wednesday and I'm sure that we didn't mention it. They had four ivory veils in the shop, white must be a more popular colour in the states! Two of them had gold stitching on them which wouldn't go with all my silver, there was one heavily beaded and the last one was on a dummy in the window. You can guess which one I wanted. They had to take down all of the display to get the veil for me, it was perfect and I think even better than the one we had left at home. I think we were out of the shop in twenty minutes. This made our taxi driver laugh as he thought we were going to be in there for ages and he didn't believe us when we said that it wouldn't take us long. Didn't he know I had to try and get on more rides!!

We soon got back to our hotel and the whole group was on their way to Hollywood Studios. We had lunch booked at 50's prime time for just the four of us but we decided to cancel it to try to spend some time at the park.

We took our group shots again when we got there

dsc00469yu7.jpg

and then made our way to

dsc00470tc4.jpg

The girls wanted to go on the big thrill rides first but I thought it would be nice to go on something that we could all go on and enjoy. I was a bit nervous about what my parents would think, they don't do rides, but they laughed all the way through it.

Now our group took ages to walk anywhere. My nieces would stop to look at things, I would stop to film and my mum and Darren took photos of everything. So we decided to walk very slowly to the tower of terror to see how long the wait was, Mum and Mick was quite happy to stop and have a drink somewhere. The queue was over an hour so we decided to pass as we didn't think it was fair for the others to wait that long for us.

So we stopped and had some lunch and then made another slow walk to the backlot ride, stopping to take more photos on the way.

dsc00489im9.jpg

dsc00493du0.jpg

We finally made it to the ride!

dsc00507tj2.jpg

Our plan was to then see some of the shows before we had dinner at Borma but when we got off of the ride Darren got very ill again and we had to go back to the hotel. So we cancelled another ADR as I didn't was Darren to go if he didn't feel well enough, we needed him fit for the wedding!

Darren's mum and step-dad was flying in that day so we waited in the hotel for them. All of our rooms were together and I noticed in the morning that the room next to my brothers the people were checking out that day so I played the wedding card with the checkin desk in the morning to see if we could get his parents in that room and it worked.

When they got to the hotel and unpacked Darren's mum realized that she had left her mother of the groom outfit at home. I was in fits of giggles at this point, how many more things could we leave at home! So we decided to cancel our Epcot day the next day and go shopping instead to try to fix this new problem.

After we made our new plan for the next day we all walked down to riverside to try their food court.

dsc00512xt7.jpg

dsc00513uk5.jpg

It was a very nice walk and quite a relaxing evening. Thankfully Darren was starting to feel better so that was a good sign the wedding would still go ahead.

Coming next - Do we find a new mother of the groom outfit or will we have more problems!

seems like you had your fair share of problems!

We fly tomorrow so I cant wait now after reading yout tr!

I was so happy to see you had added to your report. I am so enjoying it! Your family looks so happy. Even with the small problems that popped up you all look like it didn't cause you any stress. Looking forward to your next installment. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter