Jane's DFTW TR: Wedding Day Video Link added 11/13

Wonderful installments, Jane! I've been away a few days so it is so much fun to catch up on your TR today. Thanks for taking time to post and to share pix! :hug:

I think the wedding day will be quite a few posts so that may take a few weeks to complete. I'm glad your enjoying it.

All sounds great so far, after reading about your veil problem i dont think my girlfriend will be letting anything leave her site to do with that till the day lol.
Looking forward to reading more.

I think all weddings have problems and we managed to sort them all out and laugh about it to. I think you have to learn to roll with the punches.

Thanks for the update. Im so looking forward to reading the day, especially if its going to be over a fair few posts:thumbsup2

Wow Jane what lovely photo's you looked stunning. You looked like you all had a good time at the Canyon. :)

Your pictures look soo great! I love them! You have a much better shot with mickey and Minnie at the cake table in Whitehall than we got! You looked soo beautiful! I love your dress!

We also went to Whispering Canyon the night before the wedding... and had to do the kiss thing.. lol! They counted down from 10 for us.. but got stuck on three! It was too funny! I'm really glad we chose that place, and it looks like you guys had a lot of fun as well!

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Getting Ready

I wasn't expecting to sleep at all the night before the wedding I thought I would be either excited or worried about something. I shared the bed with Suzie and Talisa took the couch, to be honest I think we could have all fit in the bed as it was huge but I'm glad we didn't as Suzie has now told me Talisa was talking in her sleep. I didn't hear this at all and it turns out I slept better than Suzie!

I think I woke because Suzie turned over and I had no idea what the time was so I just laid in bed hoping that it wasn't the early hours of the morning, we had covered the clock on the bedside table as I have trouble getting to sleep with the glow.

Now I was very calm and this has really surprised me. All day I was the calmest person and I am normally the worlds worst worrier and I stress and panic over everything. I can only describe it as if I was out of my body just watching everything and going through the motions, I don't mean this in a bad way I think I just knew the day I had dreamed of since I was sixteen was finally happening and I knew that Disney would take care of everything. I just sat back quietly and took it all in.

Another thing that I stressed about before the wedding was about being able to control my blushing. I go bright red over anything, if I get embarrassed, stressed, if I get excited and animated about anything, I have no control my face turns bright red and no make-up will cover it up. I had two bottles of rescue remedy handy and ready to drink if this happened. I can honestly say I went red once and that was when Ana turned up as they took me a bit by surprise as I had sent the girls down to look for her.

I would love to know how I kept myself so calm and relaxed on the wedding day but I can honestly say I don't know how I did it and even now my family tell me how calm I was and that they couldn't believe it.

Suzie got up to go to the bathroom and when she got back into bed I nearly shouted at her to find out what the time was. I can't remember what her answer was but the next thing I remember is that there was a knock at the door and our room service was delivered. Talisa had never stayed in a hotel that offered room service before so the night before she ordered us some breakfast that both her and Suzie treated me to.

dsc00622qa1.jpg

Talisa was so excited that it was my wedding day she was almost bouncing off the walls every half an hour she would come up and say to me "Your getting married" and ask me if I was nervous. To be honest I wasn't nervous at all and I was expecting to be as I thought everyone got nervous on their wedding day but I think I was ready and there was no need for me to be nervous. I think at lot of how I was feeling that day was that I couldn't believe it was happening I was at Walt Disney World in Florida with my family and I was getting married at the wedding pavilion! I also think Talisa's excitement helped calm me down she was being excited enough for all of us so I just let her get on with it.

Talisa and Suzie made me breakfast and I just sat on the sofa taking it all in.

The wedding day is a bit of a blur to me as things seamed to happen so fast, only now when talking to my family about the day has the wedding all come together in my head. And I must just say that I was in two minds about getting some of our day filmed and I think it was the best thing we ever did as I didn't really start sinking it until we were sitting down for dinner. Suzie's husband Simon also had our video camera and done some filming for us and I will always be grateful to him for doing that for us.

I think my mum must have called our room at that point to say she was coming over with Caitlin. She was then going to take some breakfast to Mick and come back, poor Mick was banished. I sent the girls down to reception to get them as they need one of the room keys to come up.

It was 7.50 by now, I was in the room on my own and everyone was turning up at 8.00 and I still hadn't had a bath. Now I wanted to have a nice bath and relax and at least shave my legs but I wasn't going to get that done in ten minutes. I had the quickest bath ever and had only changed into my track suit when there was a knock at the door. It was Ana and her assistant, I'm so sorry I can't remember her name, this took me by surprise as I was expecting them to be brought up by Suzie and Talisa but they were still in the reception.

I was still the only one in the room when Carolyn Allens turned up to steam the dresses, thankfully Ana was setting up so I wasn't worried about the girls getting back to the room quickly that much.

When they finally got back to the room with my mum and Caitlin it turns out that they were sorting out a problem. The announcement board in the reception was showing our wedding details but it had my surname spelt wrong, they wanted to get it corrected before I saw it so I wouldn't have to stress.

With everyone in the room the girls started their work Caitlin was the first one to have her hair done and because it was washed the night before it but up a bit of a fight.

dsc00623kp7.jpg

dsc00624hw0.jpg

dsc00625ht5.jpg

I think Talisa was the first person to have her make up done and then her hair.

dsc00626ny7.jpg

dsc00627qk6.jpg

dsc00630lc3.jpg

Now I must just say that Ana's assistant is fantastic she made all of us look fantastic with our make-up, I went from looking like this

dsc00628ul9.jpg

to this

dsc00629kv6.jpg

All I can say is wow when I first saw myself in the mirror I was so shocked at how pretty they made me, my eyes were just as huge as Caitlin's.

I then had my hair put up

dsc00635qx5.jpg

and Suzie was last

dsc00636bg5.jpg

After much debating my mum also had her make up done

dsc00631qw8.jpg

dsc00632vo3.jpg

Even Caitlin had some at no extra charge.

dsc00634ig2.jpg

I must just say that sometimes Caitlin can be a handful but both of the girls were fantastic with her even when she was wanting more make-up.

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Getting Ready Continued

When it was 11.00 Ana prompted me to ring Misty as she was meant to be turning up at 11 and still wasn't in our room, it turns out she was in the reception and needed us to come and get her so one of the girls went down with the key. At this point mum must have also gone to get Mick as they had to be out of the room by 11 I remember him sitting on the bed ready when the photos started.

I felt sorry for Mick as he had spent the morning in the other room just waiting. I also thought I would get a bit more time with him but as soon as Misty turned up everything just went full speed ahead.

Misty and her husband are fantastic I would love to work with them again. She knows exactly what photos she wants and I just let her tell us what to do. I trusted her completely. She made me call our planner Michelle to see if we could get our flowers earlier as she knew I wanted to have photos done outside and the quicker we got the flowers the quicker we could get out of the room the more photos she could take.

The first thing that did was take photos of the dresses and then it was finally time to get into my wedding dress. I had picked this dress out over two years ago and now it was finally time for the day to wear it!

The girls helped me into my dress, the men had been sent outside

1296ye0.jpg

It took them forever to work out how to tie it up

1321if9.jpg

1348xh1.jpg

When the men come back into the room, poor Mick had been waiting in the bathroom and we had forgot about him, Stan was with them. I'm sure he was early but I didn't complain. I thought I would hate being filmed as I normally run a mile but I didn't even notice that he was there most of the time.

Next my mum put my necklace on

1386yw4.jpg

this made my mum cry.

Then I put on my earrings, I found this very hard with false nails.

1433rr5.jpg

Then the flowers were in the room.

1445am5.jpg

1451uj0.jpg

Now I must admit I was a bit dissapointed at first with the size of my flowers I did think they would be bigger but that soon passed and I loved them. The colour was so striking and I loved my hidden mickey sparkles.

Next Talisa had to put on my shoes.

1461pn2.jpg

1463hu3.jpg

and Caitlin put on my garter, this was my borrowed and blue.

1530tm4.jpg

1533hm1.jpg

1534or0.jpg

1535it6.jpg

This was so funny as Caitlin kept stopping and asking how high it had to go she thought it just had to go on my calf muscle. The faces she pulled when I kept saying higher made us all laugh. She will probably be traumatized for life.

We then did some fun shots with our ears

1480oq7.jpg

1489pu3.jpg

1491xv1.jpg

1499jk9.jpg

Some photos with Mick.

1508is5.jpg

Some with my mum, and more crying

1515jf2.jpg

and then photos with them both

1526dc0.jpg

Coming up - We move outside for photos

Aww the wedding day. You look amazing as do the girls, Ana's assistant does great make up work really simple and natural.

OMG I totatlly know what you were going thru with the redness! I turn red and splotchy all the time, just like you! What's your "rescue remedy"?? I can take benedryl but it totally knocks me out!

YOu looked beautiful! I loved your flowers, what were they? The BM dresses were so pretty!

Jane -- you were an absolutely gorgeous bride! Look at your beautiful smile! Your "look" came together perfectly! You belong on the cover of some magazine. :faint:
More! More! :hug:

I just finished with your PJ/TR, and I'm LOVING it!!! :goodvibes Your pictures were absolutely gorgeous!!!! Keep it coming!!!

OMG I totatlly know what you were going thru with the redness! I turn red and splotchy all the time, just like you! What's your "rescue remedy"?? I can take benedryl but it totally knocks me out!

YOu looked beautiful! I loved your flowers, what were they? The BM dresses were so pretty!

The rescue remedy is a herbal treatment that is called rescue remedy. My friend uses it to help her sleep. I have tried to use it at work but I think it doesn't work that well as it is to stressful in the office. I only took it in the morning of the wedding day and didn't feel the need to want to use it again. I may have also took it before I went to sleep the night before but I can't remember now if I did.

My flowers were mini calla lilies and their colour was eggplant.

Jane -- you were an absolutely gorgeous bride! Look at your beautiful smile! Your "look" came together perfectly! You belong on the cover of some magazine. :faint:
More! More! :hug:

Thank you so much for your compliments you have made me blush!

I love all your getting ready pictures! I have to admit I totally didn't think about having other people do some of those things for me (putting on garter, etc. I ended up doing almost everything myself. My MOH was asking if I needed help with my dress and I went behind the curtain at POR and came out with it on; just needed a zip up in the back :lmao:

Love the Mickey ear shots (I did some like that with my girls at our DP) and I can't wait to see more!

I love all your getting ready pictures! I have to admit I totally didn't think about having other people do some of those things for me (putting on garter, etc. I ended up doing almost everything myself. My MOH was asking if I needed help with my dress and I went behind the curtain at POR and came out with it on; just needed a zip up in the back :lmao:

Love the Mickey ear shots (I did some like that with my girls at our DP) and I can't wait to see more!

It was Misty's idea that the girls all help me put different items on. I picked Caitlin to put on the garter on as she was the youngest I didn't really want the older girls to do it. Her face was such a picture as she put it on, you could see the shock on her face :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter