Jane's DFTW TR: Wedding Day Video Link added 11/13

Yippee!!! Another update!!! Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the window picture with your train.

absolutely beautiful pictures!! You are such a beautiful bride and I jsut love your dress!! All the pictures are perfect!

I'm so glad you were able to still ride in the carraige.

Thank you.

So was I until that moment I didn't realize how important the carriage was to me.

Thank you all for your lovely comments I promise to post some more of our TR soon.

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Staged Exit

After we left the Wedding Pavilion Michelle moved me and Darren into the Brides Vestibule and said this was our time. I can't remember what we said to each other it must have been along the lines of we did it! But as soon as Michelle left us it felt like she was back to collect us. Before we left the room she asked if it was OK if we held our pre-reception in the White Hall Room and not on the patio as it was quite hot and she didn't want our mums to be uncomfortable. I remember saying that I didn't want them sitting at the main dinner table until our meal and she said not to worry they had it covered. I honestly didn't realize how hot it was that day but I have been told it was very hot and humid.

Whilst we were in here they were getting our guest ready for our petal toss.
2391gv9.jpg

We then made our way to them for our petal toss moment.

2415uq3.jpg

2423is7.jpg

We then both got it the carriage for our ride around the car park. I never knew this was going to happen and I really did think the carriage was worth the extra money. Again me and Darren were talking all the time but I have no idea what about!

3186hi3.jpg

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - More Photos

After our ride around the car park we joined our family in the wedding pavilion for more photos.

3300qe6.jpg

3308fg3.jpg

Darren's mum then gave us our horseshoe. This is a tradition in England that you give the bride a horseshoe for good luck, my mum also had a chimney sweep token for me that she forgot to take to the wedding with her, this is another good luck token. We had to explain the horseshoe to Misty and we took some photos with it.

3317nn8.jpg

We had more family photos and bridesmaids photos.

4335lt9.jpg

4341bd0.jpg

4373aq5.jpg

4379eh5.jpg

We must have been getting pushed for time because our family was then taken to the pre-reception and we had a few more photos around the wedding pavilion.

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - More Photos Continued

We had so many photos taken here is just a small selection.

3146xm0.jpg

3354qs8.jpg

Misty said we had some time to take some photos on the beach, these are the photos I wanted the most so I rushed down to the beach. I caught the bottom of my dress on the way on a rose bush and it tore a little bit but thankfully it didn't notice.
3472fx3.jpg

3479hy3.jpg

At this point my feet were starting to feel uncomfortable as I now had sand in my shoes!
3486ln8.jpg

Then we were back in the carriage and were on our way to our pre-reception.
3511fw8.jpg

3528cd5.jpg

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Pre-Reception

To move our pre-reception into the White Hall Room they had placed our pre-reception food at one end of the room and the cocktail tables and chairs were at the other end so the roman table was still in the middle of the room. This was fine and the room didn't feel small at all.

The White Hall Room
5007pt8.jpg

Our Roman Table
5020bd6.jpg

5022et9.jpg

5009vg8.jpg

5012gd3.jpg

Our Wedding Cake - Two tier Mickey Wave with white chocolate castle cake topper. Our filling was marble cake with dark chocolate mousse.
5069ew0.jpg

cake5070wg3.jpg

Our pre-reception food - fresh fruit and antipasto display.
5005gq4.jpg

We had our pre-reception scheduled for an hour and a half to include our guest visit and cake cutting as Stan was going to leave at 5pm and this is something I wanted him to film for us.

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Pre-Reception Continued

I don't know what time we made it to our pre-reception, I think Misty was keeping an eye on the time, well I hope she was. But I must say Michelle was brilliant not once did she say to us that we were running out of time etc and I know some people have had their planners do this to them.

The Major Domo announced us to our guests and we made our way into the room and around to the cake table for our toast. At every step Darren stepped on my dress, which had me laughing again. The Major Domo noticed this and asked if we had enjoyed our little walk.

5033sm4.jpg

Darren then made a really nervous toast that I ending up finishing for him! I promise I'm not that much of a control freak I just hated to see him struggle, it's my way of looking after him lol.

5045nn1.jpg

kiss5054fg4.jpg

We was then taken over to have some pre-recepton food.

5059bv2.jpg

I think I had a mouthful of ham before we was called to go and find our guests.

The Major Domo then announced our special guests and we brought them in.

5080xk9.jpg

5081gn7.jpg

5092jc4.jpg

We then moved round for the cake cutting and Mickey Mouse nearly caught himself alight on the candles on the cake take, so I tired to move them out of his way. Now I'm glad Mickey know what he was doing as we didn't have a clue and he helped us cut the cake.

5119nx8.jpg

5111tf4.jpg

Now came for the part I was dreading, I had already warned Darren that I would be very mad if he smashed the cake in my face, thankfully it all went off without a hitch. Darren even made a joke he tired to eat the bit of cake he had before he had given it to me. Mickey soon put him right.

5133ex2.jpg

5148lg8.jpg

5153pj6.jpg

5155sl2.jpg

It was then time to have our photos taken with Mickey and Minnie, they moved us on to the patio for these.

5160mz0.jpg

5178gh1.jpg

5180ml8.jpg

5186gc8.jpg

5193kg3.jpg

5203gh2.jpg

Our guests then got to join in with the fun.

5209la5.jpg

5215pt8.jpg

5226qj5.jpg

5230ib9.jpg

Now this picture is priceless to me and I asked for it to be taken as I knew it was the one day I could get away with this request. This is my Disney hating brother with Mickey and Minnie Mouse!

5237ll4.jpg

5279dc0.jpg

5286yp7.jpg

5296wy1.jpg

5308ie8.jpg

It was then time for Mickey and Minnie to leave us and on their way out they signed our guest book. I totally forgot I had asked them to do this and none of us saw them do it so I'm so glad Misty got photos for us.

5329ll3.jpg

5332xr7.jpg

5342iz0.jpg

When they had gone we had some time to spend with our guests. The violinist was fantastic he played guess the tune games with us and also took requests. He even played flight of the bumble bee that my step-dad asked for.

5357qh9.jpg

Then it was time for the Major Domo to return to the castle so he said his goodbyes and also introduced our first dance.

5367ll1.jpg

We had the pianist booked to play durning our meal so at this time he joined us and played our first dance choice - "You'll Be In My Heart" from Tarzan.

5384xm5.jpg

5381xl9.jpg

violinspot5375oa4.jpg

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Reception Dinner

After our first dance Stan said his goodbyes and we all sat down for our dinner.

5399wc9.jpg

5402mp5.jpg

5403ce3.jpg

Our first course was chicken satay with peanut sauce.
5406le6.jpg

We then had strawberry sorbet in the Cinderella's slipper.
5415ew8.jpg

The main course was twin beef filet with maple BBQ sauce, yukon gold mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
5422ts7.jpg

Both my mum and I had parmesan crusted chicken breast with mushroom for our main.
5424vu6.jpg

Our dessert was wedding cake with ice cream.
5437vg1.jpg

The food was amazing everyone loved it. But its true what they say as the bride you don't get to eat that much of the meal on your wedding day. My dress was boned so my stomach couldn't expand that much more that it was already. So I had to eat very slowly, I wanted to eat so much of it but my dress wouldn't let me!

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Reception Dinner Continued

After our meal I think Michelle asked to talk to us outside. Our dessert party had to be moved inside due to it being over 50% chance of rain. We would have our food in the American Adventure and our viewing would be on the Italy Island. This to me was the best bit of news ever as I knew this was a good viewing spot and there was no way I was aloud to book this spot because of our small group and now because of the chance of rain we could have it.

We then went back to the dinner table for the speeches to start. It was Mick's turn first. He had been preparing for this moment for ages and unbeknown to us he couldn't see what he had written down and missed out great chunks of his speech. This was due to nerves and the fact that he didn't have his reading glasses.

5452jf8.jpg

5457cb1.jpg

It was then Darren's turn. He had no idea what to say and his mum had helped him on the wedding morning. His words were very touching and I did nearly cry but thankfully I held it together.

5472es3.jpg

After his speech he then gave out the thank you gifts that we had gotten everyone.

5480lv3.jpg

5483mv3.jpg

5505an4.jpg

5495em1.jpg

We got an extra special gift for my Disney hating brother!
5504qr1.jpg

After we had finished Misty asked it we wouldn't mind leaving our guests and going to take more photos. We agreed and started a lap of the Grand Floridian.

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Grand Floridian Photos

I think Misty was on a roll she took some of the following photos.

3601ds1.jpg

3623dk3.jpg

3677up0.jpg

3688je8.jpg

dipspot3706jg9.jpg

When we were walking around the hotel there were two little girls dressed up as princesses, Misty asked their mums if they could have a picture with me, they were so cute.

3631yc5.jpg

3638eh3.jpg

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Dessert Party

When we got back to the White Hall Room the pianist was teaching Caitlin how to play. He had been keeping all our guests entertained whilst we were having our photos taken.

5509lq1.jpg

5512dn0.jpg

Everyone was then rounded up and we was put on the coach to Epcot.

5547yy0.jpg

We got to Epcot and was led in, Anya told me off because she said people were trying to take my picture and I was marching off to keep up with our guide. To be honest I didn't realize and because of the amount of people there I didn't want to lose our guide, with my eyes this could have easily been done.

We have a quick photo outside the American Adventure before we were taken upstairs.

3737jf7.jpg

We had picked the petit classics mean and this was our food. To be honest I thought there was going to be more but it was more than enough for our group.

5553by8.jpg

5556au5.jpg

5559im9.jpg

I remember someone asking me if I was OK and if I needed anything and I asked for some water and it was with me in seconds. I had a chocolate eclair, I had been looking forward to this part of the day for ages but I could only manage one! We had a little rest and then we started the photos again.

bridespot3743kb3.jpg

Misty had asked someone if we could go and have some photos taken outside whilst we waited for the fireworks and they had said yes but we had to take a guide with us as we wasn't really meant to do this as the park was so busy.

3767nq2.jpg

3773es2.jpg

3777jb3.jpg

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Dessert Party Continued

We then moved over to the Italy Island to wait for our guests and take a few more photos.

3792gs2.jpg

3803wp6.jpg

3814sr5.jpg

Our guests were brought over to us just before the fireworks were about to start and as the fireworks started so did our photos. Now these photos were the hardest ones to take as we had to keep so still as they have to use a slow shutter speed.

3887lh3.jpg

3906os1.jpg

3918bf4.jpg

3923ea4.jpg

And as the fireworks ended so was our wedding day. And I must say they I found the whole disney wedding experience amazing, their attention to detail is amazing and everyone raved about how the day was better than they thought it was going to be and how it was all fantastic.

I must say Misty is also amazing to work with, she was moving people out of the way to get the shots she wanted. She totally blended in with our group and was so much fun to work with. I would love to work with her and her husband again.

So we said our goodbyes to Misty and the cast members and made our way back to the coach and back to the Grand.

All I wanted to do now was get my shoes off and put on my PJs!

When we got back to the room I remembered the mess we had left it in in the morning but when we got in there everything was back in its correct place and everything have been put away for us. All I can say whoever cleaned our room was amazing. We also had been left a gift from Disney floral.

dsc00639tp0.jpg

dsc00642ea8.jpg

The perfect end to a perfect day!

Jane -- You just looked absolutely breathtakingly beautiful and happy! :faint: Darren looks so joyful and proud with you. I really enjoyed all of your TR and the pictures are just incredibly gorgeous. :bride: princess:

I'm really glad Misty was able to capture all of those precious memories for you. Among my favorites are you and Darren with Mickey & Minnie and the one of you both in front of the GF where the background is black and white.

There are so many fabulous pix that it is hard to narrow it down to even 10.

Every bit of what you posted makes me so excited for our day. I hope I look even half as beautiful as you and that our guests have as wonderful a time as yours did. :goodvibes

Jane -- You just looked absolutely breathtakingly beautiful and happy! :faint: Darren looks so joyful and proud with you. I really enjoyed all of your TR and the pictures are just incredibly gorgeous. :bride: princess:

I'm really glad Misty was able to capture all of those precious memories for you. Among my favorites are you and Darren with Mickey & Minnie and the one of you both in front of the GF where the background is black and white.

There are so many fabulous pix that it is hard to narrow it down to even 10.

Every bit of what you posted makes me so excited for our day. I hope I look even half as beautiful as you and that our guests have as wonderful a time as yours did. :goodvibes

Thank you so much. Darren really did love our wedding day, the next day he told me we had a fantastic wedding in the most amazing place on earth!

There are still a few more days of the TR to go. I promise to post them as soon as possible.

We had over 3500 photos of our day and every time we look at them we add another one to our list of favorites. I would have loved to post them all but we would have been here for years.

I'm sure you will look stunning and I'm sure your guests will have fun. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Oh Jane!!!!!! I loved all your wedding day posts - WOW! What a gorgeous bride you are and what a cute couple you made :lovestruc :worship: :love: :goodvibes

The picture of you on the red couch and you and Darren in Epcot :worship: Really, Misty did an exceptional job on your pictures - they are stunning!!!!!! I thoroughly enjoyed the lovely pictorial! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter