Jane's DFTW TR: Wedding Day Video Link added 11/13

your pictures are gorgeous - lol @ the mickey-ear's ones

Well done at keeping calm - I bet there are many brides out there that wished they knew your secret (just a shame you cant share it he he)

i'm looking forward to reading more:thumbsup2

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Pre-ceremony photos

Because Misty knew how much I love all the Disney buildings she moved us outside pretty quickly when we were ready to take our pre-ceremony photos. Now the weather didn't want to play along with us it was starting to rain but at the moment it wasn't that heavy so I didn't really worry about it. This is why in most of my photos I am carrying my dress as we didn't want it to get to wet but this didn't help me in learning how to walk in it, that is the only regret of the day is I didn't know how to walk in my dress without tripping over it!

4014cm3.jpg

Now I was totally on a different planet as Misty positioned us for the following photos and I have no idea we were standing in-front of the Wedding Pavilion!

4064mg5.jpg

4061vm8.jpg

4060fq8.jpg

4056kc1.jpg

We then took some fun shots

4164tp0.jpg

And then the rain started to get a little bit heaver, I have no idea where this umbrella came from!

4082bz6.jpg

Misty then moved us so we were undercover for some more photos.

4098ga0.jpg

4094vr2.jpg

It was then time for Misty to go and take Darren's photos so we made our way up to the room. Now I had a little bit of a mini panic in the room as Suzie and Talisa went to get some drinks. They had to go along the hall up the lift along another hall and up the stairs to where the food was kept and then do the return journey and we were getting pushed for time. We had already had the phone call for us to go to the lobby before they got back and I didn't want to be late for our photos as I didn't want to hold anything up. So I was pacing a little bit by the time they got back!

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Pre-ceremony photos continued

Darren had the following photos taken, we tease him and call them his model shots!

3017gf2.jpg

3029zd9.jpg

3071iy6.jpg

1560bw4.jpg

He then had photos with his family.

4171fo5.jpg

4188dk1.jpg

4190vv4.jpg

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Pre-ceremony photos continued

When we got the all clear that Darren had gone and the girls had got back to the room we made our way down to the lobby.

Now my eyes aren't that great with distances, thats what you get from to many years working in-front of a computer! I remember getting to the lobby and making our way to the stairs and seeing a lady in a hat and thinking that there must be another wedding today, when I got closer I realized it was my brothers wife Anya!

We started taking my family photos.

4251jp7.jpg

4260ov0.jpg

This is the moment my brother told me I looked amazing and I had to ignore him because if I had answered I would have started crying.
4303hb2.jpg

Simon, Suzie's husband had got here safely so now all our guests were accounted for.
4307kk9.jpg

The weather really was against us and when I was having these photos taken the heavens opened and the true tropical rain started to come down. Now I really did start to get worried as I remember reading somewhere that they can cancel the carriage in bad weather and I realized at this moment how important the carriage was for me.

1634oe4.jpg

1574xi8.jpg

I couldn't talk to anyone about my fears as it was only me and my parents that knew about the carriage and I didn't want to give the game away. I managed to get the attention of Michelle's assistant and asked her if I would still get the carriage, she told me they were working on it!

Then in was time to leave and they asked us to go out the front entrance not the side as I expected, that was it I knew I was getting in a car, what a relief it was to see the carriage turn up, I quickly got in with Mick.

1676xn9.jpg

Now my mum got a surprise as she was told she was getting in the carriage with us. I had decided to make this change about a month before and had kept it to myself, this started her crying again!

1681iu8.jpg

We then set off for the Wedding Pavilion where Darren was waiting for me.

1722yt2.jpg

Coming up - Our Ceremony!

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Our Ceremony

Now at this point Darren must have been hidden away in the grooms room where he had the following photos taken with his mum.

1820ai7.jpg

1823hf2.jpg

1826rl5.jpg

We had finally made it to the Wedding Pavilion just as the rain stopped. So even though it rained on our wedding day it rained when we really didn't need to be outside so it didn't cause that much of a problem, so we had someone on our side.

I must just say I am so glad that I had my mum in the carriage with us as she got to walk with me and Mick to the wedding pavilion, our little family for the last time before I became a wife. I don't say this being disrespectful to my brother as he is also my family but he is ten years older than me and wasn't around that much when I was growing up as he was a teenager doing his thing so most of the time we spent together with Mick as a family unit was just the three of us. So these photos have become quite special to me.

1777nu9.jpg

Now I was totally on autopilot at this time, waiting to be told where to go and what to do. We were ushered into the Brides room by Michelle and Rev. Kevin Knox came in to talk us through what was going to happen. I have no idea what he said but none of us remembered what he said as we all got something wrong in the ceremony!

1802vt4.jpg

Now I love this photo as even though me and Mick aren't blood related it just shows how alike we are!

1817lq0.jpg

I then had some more photos with my mum which made her cry again, and me laugh. From this point I laughed at everything, I don't know if this was down to nerves or that I was just so relaxed and enjoying it so much.

1836uw8.jpg

1838vd7.jpg

I then had a few more photos with the girls and then it was time for them to go.

1827kh0.jpg

1832hc4.jpg

Now I must have been in the room with just Mick but I can't remember this bit so it must have been for a very short amount of time.

DAY 8 - Our Wedding Day! - Our Ceremony Continued

So Darren made his way into the wedding pavilion

2026lb0.jpg

followed by the girls

2038uf0.jpg

2048ej2.jpg

Darren told me that the girls walked so fast down the aisle that Rev. Kevin Knox had to signal for them to slow down!

Then it was my turn

2079iv8.jpg

Before the doors opened Mick turned to me and said "I'm so glad there isn't 150 people waiting on the other side of this door". I think he was starting to get nervous.

The bells chimed and the doors opened

2092qv8.jpg

I would love to say that as we walked down the aisle my eyes locked onto Darren and we had a very special moment. The truth of the matter is I stepped forward and stepped on my dress, I then had to maneuver myself so that I could pick the front of my dress up and still hold onto Micks arm and be able to walk. But because I let go of Micks arm he panicked and kept telling me to hold onto his arm. This all happened very quickly but it totally took my attention away from the moment. Thankfully it didn't look at bad on the video as I thought it would.

2106kc2.jpg

2113if4.jpg

Before I know it Mick was presenting me to Darren.

2126ux7.jpg

Our ceremony started with the rose presentation to our mothers. This isn't something that we do over here so we wanted to include it. This was another thing that started my mum crying again and me laughing.

2159mn7.jpg

2161br3.jpg

2169nm3.jpg

Then it was time for our vows. Now I never realized how nervous Darren was, when planning the wedding all I worried about was how I would react if I would cry etc. Now this isn't because I am selfish its because Darren is a very laid back person and nothing normally worries him but at that exact moment I realized how much this meant to him. All his emotions were laid bare, he couldn't even look at me because he was trying not to cry. All I remember is squeezing his hands willing him to look at me so that I could so how let him see how much I loved him and we have our whole future together.

Because of his nerves he got all of his words the wrong way round and missed out the word love. Now me being me said love for him and that started me laughing, I then spent our vows trying to control laughter.

2176bi8.jpg

2179cz2.jpg

Then it was time for the rings and Rev. Kevin Knox asked Suzie for the rings. Well she didn't have them but thankfully the Major Domo did.

2218uo9.jpg

2220jp3.jpg

2235ul9.jpg

2243tj3.jpg

Darren later told me that because of his nerves he had forgot about this joke and did have a mini panic as he thought he had forgotten them. Most of our guests also thought that Mickey Mouse was going to dance down the aisle and present the rings :laugh3:

Now it was time to exchange rings, Darren was still very nervous and getting all his words wrong but I had finally controlled my laughing so it all went OK.

2258ro9.jpg

2262zc6.jpg

ring2261gb2.jpg

Now I must admit that when Darren put my wedding band on my finger the following thought popped into my head

'I still feel the same'

I don't know what I was expecting to happen, perhaps some major transforming moment like at the end of Beauty and the Beast. This made me smile to myself and I felt myself relax, why I don't know. Its not as if becoming Darren's wife was going to make me a two headed monster or anything. Darren thinks it was the fact that we had finally done it and that it meant to me that we were officially husband and wife at that moment the ring went on my finger.

Next it was time for the unity candle and our mothers were called forward. Now one thing I do regret is not telling them about this part of the ceremony. This is another thing we don't really do in weddings here and they nearly lit our middle candle. This made us all say no to them and bring on another laughing moment. Thankfully Stan was able to edit that part out of our video.

2286mw4.jpg

2309yj9.jpg

And before I knew it it was all over and we were announced officially as husband and wife.

2330lu1.jpg

2337br9.jpg

2340dg1.jpg

2360zp7.jpg

Jane -- WOW! Everything looked so wonderful and I love your account of what you were feeling and what was going on around you. What a gorgeous bride you were, and Darren looked so handsome! What beautiful memories you'll always have of all those special moments throughout your wedding day. I am so happy for you, sweetie! :hug:

thanks for the update Jane - the ceremony looked wonderful and i'm so glad the rain didnt ruin any part of it or call off the carriage.

i did chuckle to myself about the ring bit and you didnt feel any different, I was thinking about how it will feel to put the wedding band on over this weekend so your part really made me giggle when I read it! I wont expect anything less than just happy feelings (darn it and I was expecting to be lifted up and transformed into a stunning beauty at that point! :rotfl: )

I cant wait for the next installment:thumbsup2

PS, your train looks MASSIVE in that window pic:eek: stunning!
I REALLY like the pic of you and Mick walking down the isle - I swear you look like the most laid back bride ever!

Jane! I love your pictures! Misty did a great job!
I love the window shot too! Your dress is soo pretty in it!

And I love the shots of you before the ceremony with the pavilion in the background! Those are sooo good!:goodvibes

Jane -- WOW! Everything looked so wonderful and I love your account of what you were feeling and what was going on around you. What a gorgeous bride you were, and Darren looked so handsome! What beautiful memories you'll always have of all those special moments throughout your wedding day. I am so happy for you, sweetie! :hug:

Thank you. Our wedding day really did make me see Darren in a totally different light and it has really brought us closer together. Our shared experiences on the whole trip has made us so much stronger.

i did chuckle to myself about the ring bit and you didnt feel any different, I was thinking about how it will feel to put the wedding band on over this weekend so your part really made me giggle when I read it! I wont expect anything less than just happy feelings (darn it and I was expecting to be lifted up and transformed into a stunning beauty at that point! :rotfl: )

I cant wait for the next installment:thumbsup2

PS, your train looks MASSIVE in that window pic:eek: stunning!
I REALLY like the pic of you and Mick walking down the isle - I swear you look like the most laid back bride ever!

I know it made me laugh, well I was laughing all day, but out of all the things that stuck out in my mind about the ceremony! I even asked Darren if he felt different when I put his ring on, I'm sure he thinks I'm mad.

I never realized how long my train was until I saw the photos. Originally I did want a dress without the train but I felt it was needed for a Disney wedding, lol.

I really don't know how I was so laid back, when we talk about the wedding now its all my family comment about is how relaxed I was to my normal worrying state.

Jane! I love your pictures! Misty did a great job!
I love the window shot too! Your dress is soo pretty in it!

And I love the shots of you before the ceremony with the pavilion in the background! Those are sooo good!:goodvibes

Thank you, I loved working with Misty and I'm so impressed with our photos. I would love to work with her again.

absolutely beautiful pictures!! You are such a beautiful bride and I jsut love your dress!! All the pictures are perfect!

I'm so glad you were able to still ride in the carraige.

The shots from your wedding day are beautiful. I'm so glad that you were still able to have the carriage despite the rain. It is so nice to hear your feelings for your step-father and I love all the detail of how you felt throughout the wedding. The shots with the wedding pavilion in the background are so pretty! And your dress reminds me of Cinderella! I also love the little details you shared about moments in the ceremony. It's funny how little things will stand out in your memory. I remember more of these kinds of things than our actually vows :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter