Jane's DFTW TR: Wedding Day Video Link added 11/13

I forgot to say they are about £60-70. They do have them on the website too so you can have a look on there to confirm.

Thanks for that! I will have a look. I'm glad that your DF is just as non-chalant about things as mine. I keep yelling "TEN MONTHS - LESS THAN TEN MONTHS!" but he says "relaxxxxxx, relaxxx....." Argh!:headache:

I'm just now catching up on your PJ. I love your dress!! So pretty :) I'm excited to hear more about your planning. Good luck!

Thanks for all your compliments about my dress and tiara, I'm glad you all like them I can't wait until the wedding day so that Darren can see it all.

We are on holiday at the moment and have been looking for bridesmaids dresses. I was going to buy the girls dresses from a normal shop but decided against it as my nieces are now living in Epsom, Surrey which is about an hour drive away from us and my oldest, Talisa, now works so I thought it would be better to pick the dresses from a bridal shop so that we can work round them and know that the style won't sell out.

After looking around many shops I have finally found the one

bridesmaidsbm71la8.jpg

We are going to get them in GRAPE which is a deep purple. I did want blue but the blue isn't that strong in this style and I wanted the dresses to be quite striking. They have to be ordered by January so we have a bit of time to get the girls to the shop.

We have also had some good news our friends Suzie and Simon may be able to join us in Florida. If they do Suzie is going to be my Maid of Honor. Hopefully she will be able to confirm before January so we can order her the dress.

We have also ordered our wedding rings this week. I am going to take a picture of my engagement ring over the weekend so that I can explain our styles to you all.

Everything looks great so far!! I am getting married August 2, 2008 so we will be there at the same time!!!

No, I haven't started one yet. I really need to. I am so excited about the wedding that I already bought so much stuff... I love that you are going with grape. It looks so beautiful with gold jewelry. You'll have to keep me posted, and I will work on starting a planning journal.

Wedding rings ordered. :cool1:

We visited the man who made my engagement ring last week to discuss and order our wedding rings.

I am having a wedding ring made that will match my engagement ring, he is going to set seven diamonds in it and also shape it to sit nicely around my engagement ring.

dscn1273as7.jpg

I was going to order just a plain band but my mum talked me into adding the diamonds to match as she said its always nice to have a sparkle. It didn't cost that much more to add them so I went ahead with the design.

Darren has ordered a 6.5mm white gold band. The middle of the band is going to be made to look matt and the outside edges will be shinny.

We have to go for a fitting in February, when we collect them I will post photos for you all.

After many debates about if we should have our wedding ceremony filmed and if we can afford it or not we have finally booked STVS Wedding Videos. We still don't know what package we can afford with him but he said we can confirm that nearer the date. After seeing Summers TR I knew he is who I wanted to work with us. It is they style I have looked for without to much expense.

I originally was going to have the wedding filmed and edit the footage myself but being in England the cost to make it compatible didn't save us any money.

I'm really happy with our choice we just have to get more cash together now :confused3

Hi Girls,

I can't believe we have exactly eight months until our wedding day, I'm sure after Christmas the time will fly by.

We finally signed our contract this week and worked out how to send off our deposit. This took three trips to the bank.

We have to order the bridesmaids dresses in January but my friend Suzie has just been told she is being made redundant in January and they don't want to book their trip to Orlando until she has found work. I agree with this totally. The problem we face is that she really wants to be maid of honor but she doesn't want me to order her dress until she knows she is booked to come. The problem I have is that I have been told that January is the latest time I can leave it to order them. I really want her to be in my bridal party but I also really wanted the girls to be in the same dresses. I really don't know what to do. Darren thinks I should ask her to step down from the role and just be a guest if she can make it to Florida. I'm really stuck with this one, any suggestions?!

I was having the same problem!! my maid of honor has done nothing for the wedidng and has never asked about it and they havent booked thier holidays, also the best men as well (they were all ging to get a villa) So i was holding off ordering the dresses and still am really.

They have just booked the villa after hassle from DF cos of other issues we were having with the suits.

I sometimes think that I rushed into the dicisions of my bridal party and wished I had waited.

why don't you try to find the dress somewhere else? or get a seamstress to make it for you once you have your other girls dresses?

Bridesmaid Update

My MOH has had some good news as she has found a new job. This means that they are going to book their trip to orlando in January so if all goes to plan we will be able to order her bridesmaid dress in time. I'm so happy about this as I really wanted them to wear the same dresses.

Lost Contract

We have had some problems with getting our contract to Florida. The tracker said that the recipent wasn't in. But Royal Mail said that the address wasn't found and the package was also damaged so it is now making its way back to England. How could they not find Walt Disney World!

This meant that our contract didn't make it there in time. Thankfully my deposit did so our wedding date was OK. We just now have to wait for the contract to get there before we can start moving forward with the planning. Hopefully in the new year we will have a planner assigned. :cool1:

oh thats horrible news about the contract, we used roayal mail airsure and had no problems took about 4 days to get there thats was it

Our contract finally made it to Disney last Tuesday. Finally things will move forward. I have been officially told I will be assigned my planner after the Christmas holidays. I'm so excited I can't wait.

I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas.

Hi, I picked up your PJ through the response to my post.

I'm glad your contract got there ok - not the sort of thing you want to go missing really!

Keep us updated with your planning. We are looking at the end of 2009 so I'm soaking up all the info I can. xx

How exciting! I know I couldn't wait to get my contract in so I can start planning!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter