Jane's DFTW TR: Wedding Day Video Link added 11/13

You are going to have a Great wedding. I am so gla dyou parents gave in are are coming to FL.

Yesterday was our day for getting my two nieces measured for their bridesmaid dresses. I had already decided on the style but wasn't 100% on the colour I was going to order. I have no theme yet so the chosen colour is going to determine the rest of the choices that have to be made for the wedding.

I started by getting my nieces to try on the different colours they had in the shop

dscn1316hu9.jpg

dscn1320hw5.jpg

dscn1314pf7.jpg

My older niece looked stunning in the black and I would love to have black bridesmaid dresses but because there are only going to be a few of us and my DF wants to wear a black suit I thought it would be to much black. And also being that we are going to be in the hot Florida sun I didn't want the girls to get to hot by wearing black.

I also liked the red but it didn't look that nice on my younger niece.

So I have decided the order the purple (grape). I didn't know what colour I wanted but I know I wanted it to be a striking colour and I think this colour does the job.

dscn1321ub4.jpg

dscn1324lw7.jpg

Tiara's

I was really stuck as to what to put in the girls hair as I wanted them to have something that sparkles but something that was a bit more subtle than my tiara. Also everything that I did like was coming out quite expensive and as I have three girls I have to be careful with the costs. The lady in the shop suggested the following

lm134lkh8.gif

lm134dr0.gif

and they only cost £16. I'm going to go with the ivory and silver version so that they will match my dress and then I think I can get them all ivory shoes from a normal shop. There are also flowers in the tiara and mine has flowers on it so I think it is a perfect match.

Flowers

I have been worrying about flowers for a long time as I'm not very good when it comes to flowers but during the Christmas holidays I looked at quite a few TR and PJ and have stolen a few ideas.

If I can have flowers that are like these

47b7d826b3127cce84b354cqu1.jpg

I think it would pick up the colour of the bridesmaid dresses.

And for the girls I could get something like these

bmflowersoa9.jpg

and that would pick up the colour of my dress.

My DF could have the same colour flower as me on his jacket and my Dad could have the same colour as the girls.

Do you think this would work?

So all in all we had quite a productive day yesterday. All I need to do now is take my MOH to be measured and then the orders can be sent off.

I'm still waiting to be assigned my wedding planner. If I don't get a call by next week I think I will email my wedding consultant incase I have got lost in the system over the Christmas and New Year holidays.

I just read through your journal before bed.

I love the dresses (all three!) And I think they are completely stunning.

I also love the flowers, and think your idea to have your DF wear your color and your dad wear the girls. I think that will be really spiffy!

Hope you get a wedding planner soon, and best wishes on your wedding!

disneychickforever - I'm glad you approve of my flower idea. I'm terrible when it comes to flowers!

Thanks for all the compliments on the BM dresses girls. I'm glad you like them.

I finally have a planner, I'm so excited. Her name is Michelle, I have heard some very good things about her on here. Things can really move forward now.

I have also booked my hair and make-up for me and the girls with Ana. I feel like there is so much more we have to do. I am going to have to write a list at the weekend.

congrats on the planner.

Ana from where??

I have hopefully booked beaute speciale for a trial next month

disneychickforever - I'm glad you approve of my flower idea. I'm terrible when it comes to flowers!
I'm no good with flowers either, but we seem to have the same idea.
The groom will wear a white buttonhole to go with my dress and the other boys will wear red to match the bridesmaids.

I'm no good with flowers either, but we seem to have the same idea.
The groom will wear a white buttonhole to go with my dress and the other boys will wear red to match the bridesmaids.

We are thinking of getting an Ivory waistcoat for my DF so he matches my dress a little bit.

We are thinking of getting an Ivory waistcoat for my DF so he matches my dress a little bit.
That's a good idea, I hadn't even though about waistcoats.
If I'm wearing white then a white waistcoat might be too much whiteness.
I suppose the cravats or ties could be colou co-ordinated too.

Come on - help me out, what colour waistcoats and cravats/ties for the groom and what for the other men to go with my buttonhole idea? :rotfl:

Come on - help me out, what colour waistcoats and cravats/ties for the groom and what for the other men to go with my buttonhole idea? :rotfl:

The groom could have a silver colour cravat if you have that colour in accessories. And maybe you can find a waistcoat that would match. The other men could have red cravats to match the bridesmaids.

The groom could have a silver colour cravat if you have that colour in accessories. And maybe you can find a waistcoat that would match. The other men could have red cravats to match the bridesmaids.
This could work as my necklace and earrings are silver with white flowers.

I've just thought, that doesn't match with the gold rings does it? - oh dear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter