January 2009 PI Applicants

This is a little bit crazy that we were told we would hear back 2-3 weeks after the interview and have still heard nothing. I mean I am now assuming that I didn't get the internship and they are holding off calling me with a no in case people back out so they have back up interns but it is still bugging me. They have everyone's email and I just don't see a good reason they wouldn't send out some type of blast email regarding delays due to the economy since they had already given people other information.

Hey guys do you know if casting does all their calls for one position in one day. I ask because someone got an offer for DVC Sales yesterday and that position was my best shot of a PI ( my 2nd interview went really well). I know they are hiring 15 people but since somone got her call yesterday does that mean that they made all their offers yesterday??

Hello everyone! I haven't written on this forum in ages, but just thought I'd share my experience... I just started reading this thread again a couple days ago.

I actually JUST had my second interview on Friday in Celebration, so apparently some positions are stiiiiill interviewing! I was shocked when I got the phone call- I had already given up hope. I really didn't believe casting when they told me my interview could be anywhere up until the 28th.

I'm hoping that since I just had my interview, that means that my department hadn't found the 10 perfect people yet... hopefully I'm one of them!

My interviewer didn't tell me when I would find out, but he did tell me that casting had put a freeze on actually making offers. Do you think I should call casting to see when I'll hear or just wait until Friday and see?

Hello everyone! I haven't written on this forum in ages, but just thought I'd share my experience... I just started reading this thread again a couple days ago.

I actually JUST had my second interview on Friday in Celebration, so apparently some positions are stiiiiill interviewing! I was shocked when I got the phone call- I had already given up hope. I really didn't believe casting when they told me my interview could be anywhere up until the 28th.

I'm hoping that since I just had my interview, that means that my department hadn't found the 10 perfect people yet... hopefully I'm one of them!

My interviewer didn't tell me when I would find out, but he did tell me that casting had put a freeze on actually making offers. Do you think I should call casting to see when I'll hear or just wait until Friday and see?

wow what was your interview for? and I would probably just wait and see.

wow what was your interview for? and I would probably just wait and see.

Youth Events. Yeah, I was really shocked that I got called for an interview this late in the game. I'm optimistic at this point though! I felt like the interview went really well. It lasted like 40 minutes because we actually had a lot in common and things to talk about... all good things I hope :) My interviewer was super nice too!

I got a rejection email this morning for the costuming buyer position. I just checked and it was removed from my workbench.
I figured as much since I did not have a second interview with that department.
So now my only shot left is fairy tale weddings, which hopefully I will be hearing about one way or another very soon!
Anybody else heard any news this week?

Still waiting, here, and all 5 are still on my workbench, so at least they haven't been filled yet. Last I heard, they may have pushed the deadline back to 12/2, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Still haven't heard anything here either. I applied for three PI's and had phone interviews for two different positions. Everything is still in my workbench. I broke down and emailed today to ask if they have been canceled. No reply yet. Here it is the last week and still no one knows what's going on.

Just got the email that DCL Internal Communications "is no longer available", so 1 down, 4 more for me.

Thank you for applying for a Disney Professional Internship.

At this time, the position you have applied for is no longer available.

We encourage you to re-visit disneyinterns.com because there may be other Disney Professional Internships that may spark your interest. If no positions appear once you perform your search, they have unfortunately all been filled at this time. But please check back on the Web site to see when we’ll be posting new positions.

You also may consider applying for the Disney College Program at disneycollegeprogram.com. Participants learn transferable skills in a variety of roles and can take courses that may earn them college credit. The program’s unique combination of living, learning and earning can stand out on your résumé.

We also encourage you to search the other opportunities that may be available to you with Disney at disneycareers.com. Learn more about roles at the Disneyland® Resort and the Walt Disney World® Resort, and also other areas of our company with Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise Line®.

Again, thank you so much for applying and good luck with your future endeavors!

Disney Professional Recruiting

Position Title: Creative Services/Graphic Design Internship
Requisition ID: 171726
This is one that I never had a phone interview for and never learned anything about it. Laurie

I wonder if the "no longer availables" are different from the "we hired someone elses"? I got both types (for different positions), and I'm wondering if the no longer available emails are as a result of cutbacks, as opposed to someone else getting the position.

(I really only ask because I was very surprised I never got a call for a second interview on one of the roles that my first interviewer thought I was perfect for - and then today I got an email that it was no longer available. It would help to know (for future planning purposes) if there was something *I* could have done better or if it was just pulled due to the economy)

My personal situation changed after I applied and I couldn't have accepted this term anyways, but I may apply in the future, SO....

Anyways, good luck to everyone that is going!!

I wonder if the "no longer availables" are different from the "we hired someone elses"? I got both types (for different positions), and I'm wondering if the no longer available emails are as a result of cutbacks, as opposed to someone else getting the position.

(I really only ask because I was very surprised I never got a call for a second interview on one of the roles that my first interviewer thought I was perfect for - and then today I got an email that it was no longer available. It would help to know (for future planning purposes) if there was something *I* could have done better or if it was just pulled due to the economy)

My personal situation changed after I applied and I couldn't have accepted this term anyways, but I may apply in the future, SO....

Anyways, good luck to everyone that is going!!

I was wondering the same thing--I received the same email for Entertainment Resource Center, and I was never contacted for a second interview.

I jot got an email saying that the Entertainment DEG Manager is no longer available and it was taken off my workbench. Also, Weddings was taken off of my workbench but i havent received an email about that one yet but i am guessing that its a no. Oh well only one more left, i guess i better start looking for other options. Nevermind- just got a rejection email for the weddings one

I've received both. One is a position I'd applied for, but removed my application early on and I know someone was hired for it. As soon as she accepted, I got the "position has been filled" (I think it said). The one I just got for DCL said "is no longer available", so I'm guessing it's one that was cancelled due to budget cuts.

I'm sorry for all the people who are losing their opportunities and I'm also sorry for the folks at Disney who had to make the decisions and are losing their interns. I'm sure they like the fresh faces and new input.

3 out of the 4 positions i applied for are "no longer available". i didn't know disney was cutting back this much.. good luck to everyone!!

Well I just gt emails for"

TIM Loyalty
Marketing Strategy (#1 choice)
DVC Marketing
Gift card services

which leaves me with DVC sales assistant which I drove to Orlando to have the second interview for....I really hope I get it! not a good day so far though

Thank you for taking the time to submit your resume for the position listed below.

Unfortunately, we have identified other candidates whose background and experience more closely meet the requirements for this position.

You are welcome to continue reviewing our employment opportunities and to apply for those positions for which you feel you qualify.

Again, thank you for your time and the interest you have expressed in our Company.

We wish you well in your endeavors.

Position Title: Travel Industry Mktg Creative Development Intern
Requisition ID: 172096

Interesting, I have 15 years in the airline/tourism industry and 7 years working as a graphic designer and I didn't qualify? This was a perfect match for me and my skill set. Yes, I am bummed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter