January 2021 W.I.S.H. - New Year, New Goals

Twins' birthday was yesterday so they had us measure them. They both have grown an inch since school started! I'm not sure how I feel about tomorrow's weekly weigh in. We'll see if my new shorter self is any skinnier than last week!

I am eligible for the covid vaccine! Need to go online and schedule my appointment. Sounds like we'll be bringing students back to school in about six weeks. ugh Staff is stressed, but we just keep reminding them to focus on the now and the things in their control. Good advice any time for any one!

I finally went to the grocery store so there are yummy veggies to munch. Have I eaten any? No. Tomorrow I will get myself organized!

For Social Saturday today, here's a "Can you name this Disney movie from eight words?" quiz. It's NOT multiple choice. (You type in your answer, and it moves on when you've got it right, but it looks like you can pass if needed.) AND it's timed. (But it doesn't seem to be too touchy on things like whether there's a "the" in the title.)

https://www.sporcle.com/games/giveupyet/animateddisney8?t=disney

I got: 100% in 4 minutes and 6 seconds. (Spoilers apparently aren't working - along with some other glitches lately - so I just typed in white. Highlight if you want to compare scores.)

88%. Emperor's New Groove--I just couldn't think of emperor and knew it wasn't prince's new groove. that was fun

DS1 has a wedding date! September 18th. It's now official. :cloud9:

Scale was not kind this morning, but not beastly either! I was telling DH today that I notice I've bought myself a lot of yummy treats my tummy won't object to, I need to avoid those!

View attachment 550593

I liked this graphic and the message. We'll start small - how will you organize your day to create peace? Or maybe your week?
I think that by starting my week with meal planning and prepping my lunches for the week definitely helps create peace for me throughout the week. I start my days with my workouts & daily devotionals. Then I can quickly pack my lunch since everything is prepped and ready to go. It’s a nice way to the start the morning.

Today I will start with my workout and then breakfast during virtual church. My daughter will get our grocery pickup. Then I will begin to prep my lunches for the week. After that, I have some school work I need to complete. Then my husband and I will watch some of season 2 of Cobra Kai. Also hoping to fit in some reading today. I’ve started a series of short stories that I enjoy.

Organizing my day to create peace begins with a slow start. DH shakes his head at the contrast, because I'm such an early bird in when I get up, but I am very rarely ready to move (or think, or especially talk :rotfl2: ) right away. He gets up much later, but absolutely hits the ground running.

So this morning, I got up and had tea while watching a history lecture on TV. Then I came on here for a little bit, had a small snack, and went to the grocery store. Going as soon as senior hours are over is another way I create peace. - The store is very slow that early, and I had a good experience.

After I got home and put away the cold stuff, I went outside for a few minutes with the cat and read while she nosed around on her leash. Then DH and I ran in Home Depot for a couple of things, and picked up specialty waffles from a new breakfast place on our way back here. Not cooking Sunday brunch = one more tally in the peace column!

Last edited:
Creating peace has been focused around turning the news off and reducing on-lifetime. I have been watching TV tho... yesterday I binge watched a British series called “War Farm”, which was several historians and anthropologists running a farm in rural England for a year, in the manner it would have been run during World War II. It was fascinating and I was able to focus on it. Today I’ve been watching another British series called “Art Detectives” who find paintings of undetermined origins and restore them while figuring out the stories behind them.

I got groceries for the week, more fruit and salad fixings, and did a little prep.

tomorrow I have my massage, really looking forward to it.

I am motivated to stick to my eating plan because it’s working! I’m up a half pound over the weekend, but down 6 pounds so far this year. So I want to keep that momentum going!

And I’m starting week 3 of my 6-week workout program. I’m excited to see the results of this new program. It’s HARD! But I keep at it and feel like I’m getting stronger. But I have to modify a lot of the moves (especially the crazy push-ups!)

I’m going to bundle up and get out for my walk every day-I really enjoy it once I get going. I have a stack of books from the library that came in, so after my walk a cup of tea and reading by the fire for an hour. I have been recording some PBS shows-a new version of All Creatures Great and Small started. Looking forward to watching it tonight.

View attachment 550593

I liked this graphic and the message. We'll start small - how will you organize your day to create peace? Or maybe your week?
We lost power around the time of my last post. A horrific car crash just up the street took down a giant pine tree and telephone pole, leaving 700+ customers without power. All of my plans went out the window. We were so cold, no matter how many layers we put on. Around 1:30pm, I put the eggs and pork roast and what ever else I could fit in the freezer. We read until the light was dimming. Then DD and I played Disney Parks Monopoly (an upgrade from the Disney Monopoly we've had for years, purchased during the pandemic), and when we got bored, we switched to Dominoes. Our battery-powered lights are so harsh, so she and I instead played in candlelight. Before bed, power came back on, but not before the perishables in the refrigerator had to be tossed. DH had just gone grocery shopping in the morning.:(

This morning, DD and I got up early to replace the dairy that didn't fit in the freezer. Now we are watching "Planet Earth" and being lulled by the ocean scenes. I dozed off for a bit...

We lost power around the time of my last post. A horrific car crash just up the street took down a giant pine tree and telephone pole, leaving 700+ customers without power. All of my plans went out the window. We were so cold, no matter how many layers we put on. Around 1:30pm, I put the eggs and pork roast and what ever else I could fit in the freezer. We read until the light was dimming. Then DD and I played Disney Parks Monopoly (an upgrade from the Disney Monopoly we've had for years, purchased during the pandemic), and when we got bored, we switched to Dominoes. Our battery-powered lights are so harsh, so she and I instead played in candlelight. Before bed, power came back on, but not before the perishables in the refrigerator had to be tossed. DH had just gone grocery shopping in the morning.:(

This morning, DD and I got up early to replace the dairy that didn't fit in the freezer. Now we are watching "Planet Earth" and being lulled by the ocean scenes. I dozed off for a bit...
Oh, no! Losing power is never good, but this time of year the house gets cold so quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter