Jess & Ben's Wishes Wedding 11/18/14 Sea Breeze Point/Backstage Prop Shop

I love seeing your updates! Getting so close now! Only three months to go :cool1: All of your ADR sound great! We're in the same boat where we were having a hard time getting reservations during the free dining plan but looks like you got some good ones on there :thumbsup2 can't wait to see more!

We've had planning session #2 now, a much much shorter phone call with Floral and Gifts about napkin folds, favours and the like! No news on the BEO front just yet but we've done all our planning sessions and I think now all that remains is for us to finalise what we're thinking in terms of cake. Important detail! We think we've finally arrived at a design, it's going to be a cross between three different ones we've seen - more on that once we sketch a design and send it on to Disney!

We're clearly hitting some important dates now, today marks 60 days from check-in which would normally mean we could start choosing our fastpasses. 'Normally'. Of course, we have the exchange vouchers for our annual passes so we technically don't have park admission! Uh oh! In addition to that, we also got confirmation of our Hollywood Studios portrait session which Jess tells me she's getting more and more excited about.

Speaking of being excited, on September 1 I said to Jess 'we go away next month' and I watched her face as she went through every stage of 'no we don't', 'wait, yes we do', 'oh no!', 'oh yes!'. It's getting so close now! Next month I go to Disneyland for the first time and we start our wedding trip! It has seemed like such a long wait, next month is also two years since we got engaged, it feels like it is always months and months away but now it is almost upon us. Due to the way we've structured our trip, we actually go away nearly a month before the wedding itself but I hope to be able to keep this updated every so often while we're away.

Oh & a formality, we have fully paid off our minimum expenditure. We're running right out of money at this point but we're on the home stretch now!

That is a really smart way to approach pick everything you want and then see what the bill is and make changes! Fingers crossed everything comes back reasonable! (especially dapper dan :goodvibes)

Hope so! We're definitely not going to be left wondering in any case, we've asked for everything we want and we'll work backwards from there! I feel like we have a sense of the things we are a bit more attached to than others so hopefully when it comes time to editing our BEO and making some compromises we should have a good idea of where to start.

Love your STD! It's so unique!
I'm really curious to see how your BEO will come out, especially with all the action stations!

Thanks! Everyone we've given them to so far has been really surprised that Jess designed and drew them herself. It took a while to complete but the reactions have been worth it. And I think we're pretty set on having action stations, a lot of 'build you own' will hopefully be going on!

I love seeing your updates! Getting so close now! Only three months to go :cool1: All of your ADR sound great! We're in the same boat where we were having a hard time getting reservations during the free dining plan but looks like you got some good ones on there :thumbsup2 can't wait to see more!

You too! Our countdowns are so close together so I know how you're feeling! Free Dining has sortof worked against us a little and our guests who have never been will find it hard but there's so much to enjoy at WDW there'll always be too many options. We'll be spending a lot of time with our guests anyway so Jess didn't really want to make too many reservations, it's so hard to say where we'll be and when and with whom! There'll still be a lot of playing it by ear and that's what Jess likes to do anyway.

How exciting that you have only one more month and then you start your wedding trip! its going to be so much fun for you guys :goodvibes and how exciting that your two year engagement is finally coming to a close and you get the part you have been dreaming and planning for I know that must be so exciting!Can't wait for more updates and then your TR :wave2:

I have just got back on the boards and found your Pj!
I am an Aussie who got married last October at WDW!
Your plans sound so great and I love that your reception is in the prop shop!
Not long to go now so I can't wait to read more :)

Hey all! Sitting in a holding pattern at the moment, between planning sessions and first BEO. Of course I say 'first' because we'll probably have some editing to do! That's not to say nothing has been happening though, so lets see what we've got.

Here's one I forgot to add months ago, inspired by Lydia's wix site I went and made ours. I don't think many of our friends or family have actually visited it yet of course, as with all things destination wedding - if what you're saying lasts longer than a sentence then don't expect it'll get read. However we have been lucky so far, some of Jess' family has contributed to our Disney Wedding Registry and bought us La Nouba tickets and the Wild Africa Trek which is something we've been hoping to do for years.

Which reminds me, of course we get tours cheaper being annual passholders (which in itself is so exciting, Disney Annual Passholder - that is such a foreign concept to an Australian). Well I mentioned earlier that we were having trouble booking fastpass+ due to not technically having admission. Our wonderful booking coordinator told me that we can simply enter our pass exchange voucher details into the website on a PC and it'll be recognised. I had been scanning it on the app which doesn't work but now I'm all good to go! We've missed out on the popular stuff like 7 Dwarves Mine Train, Anna/Elsa, parades, fireworks but we have at least got started!

We've had some items arrive lately too! Jess has pictures so I'll get them from her and pass them on but our pack from Disney arrived with all the little touches in there, Jess loves the shoe bag - even if it looks a little nice for her Converse wedding shoes! The very next day, my tie tack arrived. Jess found it on eBay, it's a Smoke Tree Ranch tack, exactly the style Walt Disney himself wore. It was basically the only one I ever thought of, I wanted to honour Walt in some way as I admire him so greatly. Finally, not long after that our invitations arrived! We are putting those together tonight with the maps and Disney Dollars we have collected and will be sending them off to confirmed guests tomorrow. Pictures to follow!

Oh & I had my home bachelor party ('bucks party' being the term we're more accustomed to) last weekend. Just a quiet one with some guys from school who aren't coming to our wedding. Most of them are already married and I don't drink so it was very tame, basically we went out for lunch at a sports bar, went to an arcade then came back to my house for pizza. Raucous! Jess' bachelorette (hens) party is this coming weekend and she's looking forward to a big night on the town, no doubt celebrating enough for the both of us!

How exciting that you have only one more month and then you start your wedding trip! its going to be so much fun for you guys :goodvibes and how exciting that your two year engagement is finally coming to a close and you get the part you have been dreaming and planning for I know that must be so exciting!Can't wait for more updates and then your TR :wave2:

Yes! Only slightly more than a month until we board the plane and start our trip! We're away for exactly a month and by next week our wait will be exceeded by our stay. It's so exciting. I can't speak for Jess but I know I think about it frequently at this stage. There's lots of little stresses and worries in between but there's an overwhelming feeling of calm for me, none of the little things matter so much now because there's nothing stopping us. Slightly over 4 short weeks and then away we go.

I have just got back on the boards and found your Pj!
I am an Aussie who got married last October at WDW!
Your plans sound so great and I love that your reception is in the prop shop!
Not long to go now so I can't wait to read more :)

You did! I just went and found your PJ! We were very nearly in the US at the same time that you went for your planning trip. I really enjoyed what you wrote there, it's so interesting seeing you go through the process since so much of it is like what we ended up doing too. We looked at local venues but not only did nothing really stand out, the best things were SO EXPENSIVE that it is actually working out cheaper flying to Orlando and doing it there! We even live just south of you also as I've relocated to the Gold Coast again and it's so fun finding someone somewhat local who has also been through the process, as you'd know most Australians that you tell about a Disney Wedding don't realise that's even possible!

You're getting so close now! How exciting that you guys will get to see La Nouba and do the Wild Africa Trek. Those are both on my Disney bucket list too! I hope you'll do a TR. :)

I also love the story about your tie tack. That's a real Disney touch that most people would never think of!

Thanks! Definitely hoping to do a TR, ideally while the trip is in progress. I always feel like I don't want to do things unless they're accurate and I'm not sure how I'd go remembering everything once I got home, Disney trips are always such a blur! We've been talking recently about hoping that this time being away for a full month we'll actually be ready to come home at the end of it rather than desperately wishing we could stay like usual, we'll see!

And noooowww... brief photo roundup! Apologies if any are huge, having some troubles with photobucket today and it doesn't like resizing at the best of times.

3cb95b94-28e6-4590-a549-726e7b04e447_zpsfc49f004.jpg

Here's what we have so far as favours for our vendors, random Australian treats to remember us by. Obviously there's no vegemite there yet but it's coming! Bonus points to anyone who knows why there's a Mars and a Milky Way.

2ab63b55-9a45-4a83-ae13-952bac35a255_zpsea31a2ae.jpg

My tie tack. The first of what I hope is several Walt touches in our wedding.

6cb70762-ef0a-4417-854c-14c221cc92f1_zpsf5976d73.jpg

Excuse the mess, organising loads of maps we'd brought home last time to include with our invitations.

67a5ca5f-f9d1-48e5-95d7-27df2cfc52ec_zpse02bd5c9.jpg

More fillers to go with our invites!

ebd48849-4991-4499-95f9-a2731a518a00_zps2071da28.jpg

Did someone say invites? Here's ours!

Tim Tams!!! My sister brought back loads of these when she came home from Australia.....and then we started finding them in the International section of the supermarket here in Canada lol. They're so good!

I have fallen into such a bad habit of reading updates, opening the reply box, and then never hitting send :sad2: I love the gifts you're assembling, I know some of those Australian treats will definitely be appreciated! I love your tie tack too, and the connection it has to Walt.

Ben--

It's been so long since I've been in here! I've been doing homework trying to get an MBA for the past few months, plus work. So, unfortunately, Disboards has been a lesser priority. I find myself, when I am on, mostly looking at the main board rather than the PJs. It's such a shame, too, because I LOVE hearing what other people are planning. While there are definitely similarities between everyone's Disney weddings (for example--our colors have been red, black, and yellow since we got engaged too!), they're also all so individually unique. Your story is so beautiful between you and Jess, and I am so looking forward to your wedding! (It's so close!!!)

I'm sure you'll be adding more here especially in this next month, considering you're getting married in November. So curious to hear about your BEO, and all the things you've kept and eliminated. For what it's worth, I hope you get to keep your Dapper Dans. :)

And I am SO jealous of the length of the trip you're taking!!! We get like NOTHING in the U.S. by comparison to the rest of the developed world. And it sounds so fun too.

Anyway, I'll try to keep up. I need to update my PJ too. I'm in the home stretch of my semester...so it's been tough. So looking forward to reading the rest, when you get to updating! :)

Tiffiny

Hi Ben!

I totally forgot this the last night. The company sent me an email today soliciting their services, and it reminded me that it may be of interest to you.

In reading your PJ, you had mentioned the idea that instead of getting a cinematographer, you and your fiancee might just buy a bunch of little digital cameras and have your guests videotape the whole thing. This is a really fun idea. My mom and step-dad did the same thing at their wedding reception, but with old-school, traditional film disposable cameras! It was a great idea, because of all the candid shots they got of their guests. Doing this same thing with a video camera is great for the same reason!

I had heard of this company after I had already committed to hiring a cinematographer--but I think they're someone I may have considered had I not signed the contract yet. The website is called Wedflik.com. If I'm understanding their services correctly, you pay them money based on several packages (you select one), and they send you five video cameras. You give the cameras to your guests, who then can videotape everything from pre-ceremony, ceremony, reception, etc. I would even imagine you could use them on your cruise. Then, based on the package you select, you can get just the raw footage from the company, or they can also make a wedding video for you based on the footage.

The packages appear to range from $349 for five cameras and all the raw footage, to a high of $799 for the five cameras, raw footage, a 4-6 minute professionally-edited highlight video, one year of online hosting, and also a full-length 20-30 minute wedding video. That final option also gives you say in what they select to use in the video (the other packages don't). There are two packages in between that are a bit cheaper...but honestly, $800 for all of that seems pretty snazzy and pretty reasonable. Plus, you could even have them ship the cameras to your hotel at Disney, so that you wouldn't have to worry about bringing them from Australia.

As I said, we already committed to our cinematographer by the time I saw this. $3,000 for ours...vs. $800 for this. I think I'm still ultimately happy with the decision I made to hire a cinematographer, because I know that my dad isn't going to record some horrible, awful message to me that will make me feel horrible for the rest of my life (he's just that kind of guy). Plus, the editing of our cinematographers is incredible (we're using youandipictures.com--check out the sailboat wedding!!!!). But, since this was something you were considering doing already in lieu of professional cinematography--it may be worth the expenditure.

It's just a suggestion. :) I realize you may have already purchased your cameras (in which case, it's advice too little too late), or you may simply want the cameras yourself anyway for future use in documenting your lives together. In either case, no matter what you do, I hope it works great for you guys. :)

Tiffiny

Double post incoming - you'll see why ;)

Wow. The invitations are AMAZING. Absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks! They were a tough choice and this one probably wasn't Jess' first preference but between a few factors we thought this one best fit the Boardwalk atmosphere and used something close to our colours. We're really happy with how they turned out!

Tim Tams!!! My sister brought back loads of these when she came home from Australia.....and then we started finding them in the International section of the supermarket here in Canada lol. They're so good!

Yes! When picking out some Australian treats there was no doubt that Tim Tams were gonna be there. Unlike things like Vegemite, I don't think I know anyone at all who doesn't like Tim Tams! Awesome to hear they are popping up all the way over there in Canada, if the Roots enjoy them maybe they'll be able to find themselves some more!

I love the gifts you're assembling, I know some of those Australian treats will definitely be appreciated! I love your tie tack too, and the connection it has to Walt.

Thanks! I think some of our guests will be jealous, we have some ex-Australians coming from the UK and the US and I know they're gonna be envious if they see someone snacking on Twisties! I'm really glad we could find one of those tie tacks, for months it was the only one I wanted but we could just not find them and were looking at finding someone to custom make one. There'll be lots more hidden Walts throughout the day hopefully and I'm honoured I get to wear one of them.

I'm sure you'll be adding more here especially in this next month, considering you're getting married in November. So curious to hear about your BEO, and all the things you've kept and eliminated. For what it's worth, I hope you get to keep your Dapper Dans. :)

And I am SO jealous of the length of the trip you're taking!!! We get like NOTHING in the U.S. by comparison to the rest of the developed world. And it sounds so fun too.

So nice to hear from you again! Hope all is well at your end, good to hear you're getting nearer to the end of what must be a very stressful semester but I guess you won't really get a well-deserved break then, I'm sure wedding planning will take over whatever time you gain. Today we actually pass a milestone I've been looking forward to; there is now fewer days to go until we leave than the time we'll spend away. And yet amazingly it seems like we still don't have enough time! The trouble for me is we get so settled in at WDW, we'll be there for over two weeks this time and that makes going home so hard. At least this time we'll have a Disney Cruise to look forward to! Hope to see more updates on how your wedding is coming along soon and all the best for the rest of the semester!

The website is called Wedflik.com. If I'm understanding their services correctly, you pay them money based on several packages (you select one), and they send you five video cameras. You give the cameras to your guests, who then can videotape everything from pre-ceremony, ceremony, reception, etc. I would even imagine you could use them on your cruise. Then, based on the package you select, you can get just the raw footage from the company, or they can also make a wedding video for you based on the footage.

Thanks for that, Tiffiny! Good of you to think of us, we'll definitely check that out. We haven't bought any cameras yet and given our background in film it sounds like that's something that could work for us because just getting the raw footage is all we'd need. Jess is out for the weekend for her bachelorette party but we'll definitely talk about it when she gets home!

I don't really know where to start here! Jess is currently away for the weekend for her bachelorette party so I've got some work to do today because we got *part* of our first BEO late last night! I say part because the floral department haven't finished on that side yet and as we leave in less than one month (and the final total is due in less than that) we were getting a little anxious about where everything was at. We emailed our coordinator and asked if she could send us what she had so far and a day or two later that's what we've got. Here's a few brief grabs from it, there's a lot of work yet to be done so there'll be something more comprehensive on here in the next two/three weeks!

(1) Major Domo Announcer @ $675.00 per each $675.00
(1) Outdoor Wedding Audio Package @ $1,000.00 per each $1,000.00
(1) Ceremony Location Usage @ $2,300.00 per each $2,300.00
(1) Limousine - Charter (3) Hours @ $410.88 per each $410.88
(1) Vintage Car - Model A @ $600.00 per each $600.00
(1) Mini Motorcoach - Charter *9 hours* @ $869.40 per each $869.40
(1) DJ Wedding Package *5 hrs* @ $1,400.00 per each $1,400.00
(1) White Twinkle Light Dance Floor 8x12 @ $1,152.00 per each $1,152.00
(1) Venue Rental - Prop Shop @ $300.00 per each $300.00
(2) Convention Media Guide @ $90.00 per each $180.00
(2) 3rd Party Vendor Meal/Chef's Choice @ $27.50 per Guest $55.00
(26) Buffet, Custom "Mickey Mouse Birthday" @ $90.00 per Guest
(26) Bar Package, Full Signature Bar *5 hours* @ $55.50 per Guest
(1) Fee, Bartender @ $100.00 per each $100.00
(1) Formal Mickey & Minnie Mouse (1 set) @ $1,425.00 per each
(26) Attraction Mix-in @ $15.00 per Guest $390.00
(1) Bridal Portrait, Theme Park (Non) @ $850.00 per each

Estimated Invoice*
Master Account - Master Account G0656315
Audio Visual $1,265.00
Entertainment $6,166.85
Food & Beverage $5,052.34
Photo, Video, Digital Graphics $850.00
Transportation $1,280.28
Wedding Ceremony $2,300.00
Master Account Event Subtotals $16,914.47

So there you have it, I've got a lot of work to do tonight. I'm going to run over the entire document line-by-line and check the details and see where we can save some money! I'm confident we'll knock a few thousand off that. Some early thoughts though; obviously the Dapper Dans are absent! Hopefully that's just an oversight, I emailed our planner straight away and queried that so hopefully I hear back from her next week. So there's over $1500 we're gonna have to find room for! I'm thinking Major Domo might make room for the Dans if we can get them. Our transport budget will definitely get slashed thanks to a well timed Disney Wedding Podcast a few weeks back.

Food and beverage is actually somewhere we are only just managing to hit the minimum on, so I've asked if we can add another event and have that count toward our minimum expenditure. Since we have been talking to Disney since April last year and conducted our site visit way back then when - to my knowledge - that was a possibility, hopefully my understanding of it is correct and Jess' High Tea can become a catered event and get squeezed into our BEO. And speaking of food & beverage, the Chef has put together a menu! Due to the nature of the PDF I can't actually paste that in here but I'll get around that when I can and share it one way or another! It's another thing we'll probably make some edits to but it mostly sounds really exciting.

One other thing to expand on is our mix-in. We've been approved for a mix-in on Tower of Terror! It'll be a 'last-on' ride at closing time, which that night is 8pm. This presents an interesting dilemma as our reception is scheduled to finish at 9pm and our planner estimates we may only have 15 minutes left (if that) by the time we get back to the Prop Shop! So now we're discussing extending an hour or coming back to the Prop Shop for a very quick farewell. Obviously one of those options is gonna make the budget go in a direction we're trying to avoid but we can obviously cut the bar off for the last hour, stop photography and food service etc, maybe even finish the DJ early. There's lots of ways we can make that not cost too much more so we'll just have to decide what we want to do for the flow of the evening more than anything.

Also I spent another 40mins or so on the phone with Disney last night. Now that we've just about completed all of our ADRs I wanted to add notes to a few of them that specify its our Disney Wedding just in case it makes us more likely to get a little touch of pixie dust. As well as that I was hoping to add some numbers to our existing reservations but free dining has made that pretty much impossible! I called the Crystal Palace directly though and they said they'd accommodate us, there may just be an additional wait to get seated. We did have some success in one thing though, we booked our Wild Africa Trek! It's something we have wanted to do since our first trip to WDW so that's exciting.

One other small detail; we've got an officiant! We got to this point without one as we had a friend who was hopefully going to perform the duty but his band is recording at the moment (and his other one is touring in October/November) so our planner recommended Reverend Kevin Knox. Unfortunately he is already booked for our wedding date but his wife Teresa Knox is available and having read a lot of positive feedback for her we've booked her in!

And for now I think that's waaaay long enough for one post! Congrats to any who survived the whole thing. Now I'd better get my calculator out and start chipping away at the BEO!

Thanks for your update, Ben!

The major domo is something I've wanted for my wedding since the beginning. I keep talking about maybe cutting him out in order to afford other things...but DF refuses to let me because he's been so important to me. I think that if the Dapper Dans are that important to you, you should TOTALLY try to get them!

Let us know how your convo with Disney goes about your missing items....

Tiffiny

Do you mind sharing your menu, Ben? That $90/person for the meal...what does that include?

We haven't even been told what our menu is yet. I tried a bunch of food at our tasting, but we didn't actually nail down the menu. :/ My hope is that it comes out to be about $90-$100/person, then we add in our dessert party, which will be between $30-$35/person.

We do have some similarities on other stuff (like how much you're being charged for the major domo). So, it helps for us to estimate our costs by looking at your partial BEO.

What makes me NERVOUS is that I haven't heard back from our florist yet....sigh. I fear how much THAT is going to cost.

Tiffiny

Getting to the real serious detail part of planning so here comes another double post. One of these days I'm gonna add an amazing index to the first post like some of the awesome PJs on here. Here's hoping I'm not already married by that point!

The major domo is something I've wanted for my wedding since the beginning. I keep talking about maybe cutting him out in order to afford other things...but DF refuses to let me because he's been so important to me. I think that if the Dapper Dans are that important to you, you should TOTALLY try to get them!

I think at this point we're definitely going to have either of the Dapper Dans or Major Domo, the Dans are our first preference because they help greatly with the issue of choosing music for our ceremony and also have the bonus that of all the Disney Weddings I've seen and heard about, I haven't heard of them attending a ceremony. Not to say it hasn't been done of course but it's nice to have something slightly unique!

Do you mind sharing your menu, Ben? That $90/person for the meal...what does that include?

We haven't even been told what our menu is yet. I tried a bunch of food at our tasting, but we didn't actually nail down the menu. :/ My hope is that it comes out to be about $90-$100/person, then we add in our dessert party, which will be between $30-$35/person.

We do have some similarities on other stuff (like how much you're being charged for the major domo). So, it helps for us to estimate our costs by looking at your partial BEO.

Glad we could help in that way! I found it handy looking at other peoples' BEOs so I'm pleased you found ours relevant. The tricky part for us is that we don't have a dessert party so we are currently making up the total by having an unneccessary bar package so hopefully we get the news that we can add another event, it's gonna be pretty hasty though because our cutoff is Oct 18! We're about to request a number of changes to the menu, not that we don't love what the Chef put together and appreciate his time and effort in doing so but there's a few things on there we don't really feel reflects us at all and when everything else really does it just makes them stand out. In saying that though, I've figured out how to edit the PDF it was sent in so I'm more than happy to post the menu first draft!

Good luck with the chopping! Can't wait to see how it all turns out and what you guys keep/cut!

Thanks! I spent a lot of time last night with a highlighter and pen in hand making changes and asking questions all over a copy I printed out and I'm gonna scan that back in and send it to our planner tomorrow once Jess & I have gone over it together and made sure we've asked every question we want to ask. With only about 20 days to go before the final total is due we've gotta be quick but gotta be thorough! I estimate we'll take out about $3,500 off that total and probably add that straight back in again when we get the remaining items from Disney Floral. Budget wise that's not a disaster so hopefully it comes through!

So last night I sat up until 3:30am working on wedding things. Firstly I printed out our first draft BEO and sat with a highlighter and a pen making edits and just proofreading the document and fixing little details like times and locations. When Jess came home today she did the same and we'll go over it together tomorrow and then scan it in and send it back to our planner. We'll change things like transport and make some requests for menu changes and clarifications and see how things are going securing the Dapper Dans. But for now, here is the first draft menu drawn up by our Chef!

Pre-Reception
Custom "Mickey Mouse Birthday" Artisan Cheese Display with Bride and Groom Names
Cheese Carving
Minnie Corn Dogs with Mustard
Grilled Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla with Salsa
Grilled Steak and Cheese Flatbread

Reception
Buffet, Custom "Mickey Mouse Birthday" Price: $90.00 per Guest (++)
Antipasto Salad Cone with Ham, Salami, Provolone, Artichokes, Roasted Red Peppers, Romaine and Vinaigrette
Corn and Edamame Succotash
"Crystal Palace" inspired Mac and Cheese
"Teppan Edo" inspired Chicken Fried Rice
Apple Pear BBQ Pig Wings
Teriyaki Turkey Ribs

**Minnie Burgers and Fries Bar**
Grass Fed Beef Slider Steak Fries and Tater Tots toppings to include Nacho Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Swiss Cheese, Blue Cheese, Bacon Bits, Chili, Sautéed Mushrooms, Grilled Onions, Red Onions, Green Onions, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickle, Ranch Dressing, Mayo, Mustard and Ketchup

**Dessert Buffet**
Mickey Waffles with toppings to include Strawberry Sauce, Peaches, Whipped Cheesecake, Whipped Cream, Toasted Almonds, Mickey Confetti and Cherries
Mickey Crispy Treats
Mickey Brownies
Mickey Watermelon
Guest's Choice of Hand Dipped Pineapple or Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Pineapple Juice or Orange Juice and your choices of Crushed Pineapples, Crushed Macadamia Nuts, Shredded Coconut and Caramel Sauce
Coffee, Assorted Hot Teas to Include Herbal and Iced Tea and Lemonade

We found some changes to make in there with some items that don't reflect us, which isn't necessarily an issue but when so much of the menu is unexpected wedding food because it reflects us, the parts that don't can really stand out. I'll keep you posted on changes that happen in here, we've got a lot of food budget to play with still! You'll notice our price is set at $90 per person, that is obviously below the the minimum expenditure for this area and we are currently compensating by having a bar package instead of our ideal choice which is BOC. We're working out that detail at the moment as I've mentioned above.

The OTHER thing that kept me up so late was making a mockup of our entrance music for the reception. I was struck by some inspiration while writing a reply on these boards and needed to run with the idea while I had it so here's the music we are most likely using:

Disney title music from recent DVDs with Walt Disney quotes over the top

Transition to "Love Rollercoaster" by Red Hot Chilli Peppers which is quite obviously fitting for the occasion, and a song that we love from way way back. This is what our Bridal Party will enter to.

Followed by "Love You To Death" by Type O Negative. It sounds dark, it is. This is one of the first rock solid decisions we made and will be our entrance and first dance. I was listening to a lot of Type O when I met Jess, I introduced her to them and this song in particular has a way of coming up at various stages through our relationship. Also I'm being pretty literal as you can see, love rollercoaster for a theme park setting, love you to death for until death do us part.

This transitions into "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)" by Backstreet Boys. Obviously a huge song during both our childhoods (and obviously I wasn't really a fan but Jess loves it). The juxtaposition of this against Love You To Death really makes me laugh and there's a scene in a recent movie I won't spoil but was a heavy inspiration to us using this as a sort of formation dance where we'll be rejoined by our bridal party who will all learn the moves. Jess always wanted us to do something light and fun and while our first dance doesn't take that route, this does in spades.

So why did that take me so long? Well as I've mentioned I have a film/tv/music background and I spent several hours editing together these songs and getting them down to reasonable lengths. Love You To Death for example is actually about 7 minutes long! The part in our edit will only go for 3 minutes, 2:30 or so of which we will actually dance to. I have put it up on youtube unlisted so that we can have entertainment approve it if need be because it is a new composition technically and I have added some Walt Disney quotes to the start. As I mentioned, the theme is Mickey's Birthday Party and I figure it'd be fitting that instead of hidden Mickeys we'd go with Hidden Walts and other Walt touches, this being a more overt one!

If you'd like to hear our entrance either in its entirety or any part of, here it is.

The burger and fries bar sounds AWESOME. And coincidentally makes me want a burger for lunch! I also am loving the entrance music selections. It's your wedding! Be you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter