Jo & Faron***Escape Wedding PJ***05/2010***WP/???/Grand 1

farjojo

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to this site (usually 'dibbing') and as you can see from the thread title, we are planning our wedding at WDW.

I've loved reading all (oh and I mean nearly all too :laughing: ) of the planning journals and trip reports of all the disney brides...got some fantastic ideas from them so thanks. :surfweb:

I was going to wait until next May to start a PJ but quite frankly...I can't wait any longer!! DF actually encouraged me to start one because I am driving him :crazy:

Ok then, I will start with a bit of background fluff about us:

DF (Faron) and I have been together for 5 years, are both 37, and have a little brood of sproglets between us. I have 2 sons (21 and left home to join the Navy :sail: & 10), DF has 1 daughter (12) and we have a daughter (3) together. We have both been married before and have done the huge church wedding so this time, we are doing what we want to do instead of what was expected from us the 1st time around!!

We originally were going to get married at a zoo then honeymoon with the 3 youngest in WDW but I still felt under pressure and it was looking like it was turning into a huge affair again which we wanted to avoid. Also, I was more excited about the honeymoon than the actual wedding!! :laughing: DF and I chatted about it and he said he was happy to go along with what I wanted. I initially said for us to just sneak off and get married alone but we knew the children and my mum would be upset so I went from not wanting any fuss...to a disney wedding!! :yay:

The Proposal....well sort of one anyway because I ruined it :rolleyes:

DF and I have chatted over the years about getting married but it was really just said in passing really, nothing definate was discussed. Anyway, in May this year, I started really dropping hints....subtle though honestly :rolleyes1

As the weeks went by, I just got worse and worse. DF acted really flippant about it all and the more he did that, the worse I got. It reached boiling point and I got myself all upset that he didn't want me and did what any grown up independant woman would do....I went crying to my mum!! :rotfl2:

I had just got myself so wound up about it, saying to my mum that I was good enough to live with and have a baby with but he obviously didn't love me enough to marry (what can I say, I had a drama queen moment!!). My mum tried to calm me down but I was past the point of no return and I went home and transformed into a martyr (AKA Joan of Arc moment, I have them lots...DF says we should put a stake in the garden permanently!! :rotfl: )

When I got home, I informed DF that I would never be mentioning weddings again (yeah right!!) and that I wouldn't marry him now anyway!! Then I transformed from Joan into Drama Queen again (quick costume change) and burst into tears (I think I had PMT actually because I'm not usually so soppy :sad: )

So, picture this...DF and I in our kitchen...me blubbing....DF in his dressing gown....then he drops to one knee and proposes!!! Good grief, I almost :faint: ....however I just cried even more (Yep, definately PMT!!) because I thought he only proposed to shut me up! DF then went on to explain to me that he actually had a surprise proposal all planned and that he was acting all flippant so I didn't cotton on to what he was up to.....oh noooooooo I ruined it all!!!

Apparently everyone knew what he was planning and my mum said she nearly told me because I got in such a state!! :laughing:

So that was my proposal....in our kitchen in front of our cooker. I haven't been able to live it down since as DF has told everyone what a prat I was! :rotfl:

Ok, that bit will do I think as this 1st part is like War & Peace already.

I have pics of things I want for the wedding and what I have already bought (I like to be prepared!!) but I have to have a few more posts I think until I can upload some.

Jo x

Congrats on the engagement and it's never to early to start a pj!! I look forawrd to hearing all your plans! Are you doing the escape on a specific day or not sure yet?

Welcome! Congratulations on getting engaged!

I've started my PJ even though I'm not getting married until around 2012!

Kayleigh

Congratulations!! and welcome to the boards :hug: Your proposal story sounds fab, its definately memorable and is something you can both giggle about for years to come ;) So come on then ... start hitting us with all the wedding ideas you've got so far :wizard:

Congrats on the engagement and it's never to early to start a pj!! I look forawrd to hearing all your plans! Are you doing the escape on a specific day or not sure yet?

Thanks for the good wishes and congrats to you too....Not too sure of the date yet but it will definately be in the 1st week of May. We are taking the kids out of school for the 1st 2 weeks as the price of flights rocket when school is out at the end of May.

We are going to Florida for 3 weeks, guests who are coming over for the wedding are staying for a week...then they can clear off and leave us and the kids alone for the final 2 weeks! :laughing:

Welcome! Congratulations on getting engaged!

I've started my PJ even though I'm not getting married until around 2012!

Kayleigh

Thanks Kayleigh...congrats on your engagement too...I have been lurking on your PJ too, you have great ideas for your big day.

Congratulations!! and welcome to the boards :hug: Your proposal story sounds fab, its definately memorable and is something you can both giggle about for years to come ;) So come on then ... start hitting us with all the wedding ideas you've got so far :wizard:

Hi Jo and thanks...from a fellow Jo! :)

We laugh about the proposal now but at the time, the world was ending (Drama Queen again, I can see a pattern forming :laughing: )

You must be soooooo excited, not long until your big day. It feels like an eternity until we get to 2010.

I will definately start writing about our (MY!!) plans....when the Doctor Who episode I'm watching has finished! :worship:

Hi Jo and thanks...from a fellow Jo! :)

We laugh about the proposal now but at the time, the world was ending (Drama Queen again, I can see a pattern forming :laughing: )

You must be soooooo excited, not long until your big day. It feels like an eternity until we get to 2010.

I will definately start writing about our (MY!!) plans....when the Doctor Who episode I'm watching has finished! :worship:

Great name ;) :thumbsup2

Awww honey, I know what you mean - I've had MANY melt downs before & during our engagement and I'm sure there will be millions more to come :laughing:

We are both really excited, but I am so stressed out by stupid little details that keep me awake - I really feel I will be put in an asylum soon :scared1: The time will fly by for you, and you've got your journal now - so that will help keep you busy ;)

Enjoy your episode :hug: I'm just uploading photos from my dress fitting so I'll be sticking them in my journal soon. Have you chosen your dress yet or tried any on??

Can't wait to hear about your plans! I love reading UK brides PJ and TR's...theres all the details that we have that are different to US brides!

We are going to Florida for 3 weeks, guests who are coming over for the wedding are staying for a week...then they can clear off and leave us and the kids alone for the final 2 weeks!

Josh and I have got the same idea...go for three weeks, whereas guests come over for 1. Though I have a feeling a few of our immediate members of the family will hang around for longer! We don't really mind.

Thanks Kayleigh...congrats on your engagement too...I have been lurking on your PJ too, you have great ideas for your big day.

Thanks Jo!

I will definately start writing about our (MY!!) plans....when the Doctor Who episode I'm watching has finished

I *love* Doctor Who! I'd marry him if I could! DF understands....sort of! Hopefully going to see David Tennant in Hamlet soon!

Kayleigh

Kayleigh, I have read reviews about David Tennant *swoooooooon* in Hamlet and he is supposed to be phenomenal. I hearby swear that I will boycott Doctor Who if he dares leave!!! :rotfl:

Still no piccies I'm afraid as I think I have to have a post count of 10 first. However, I will still write about the plans we (ok I, because if you asked DF what we are doing wedding wise, he wouldn't have a clue!! :laughing: )

We are planning on getting married at the Pavilion although I do love the look of the Boardwalk too. I just thought that no matter what the weather was like, the Pavilion would be ideal. On the other hand, us UK brides can't get married outdoors in this country so I thought it would be nice to have an outdoors location. I'm sure I will change my mind about 100 times by the time the wedding comes about.

To any brides that have got married at WP, may I ask if they have a piano in there. I have seen pics with some kind of keyboard but I'm not sure if it is an organ.

The reason I ask ties in nicely with another one of my plans. My DS (10) plays the piano and FSD (future step daughter) plays the violin and I want them to play the music in the ceremony instead. I love love love Pachabel Canon in 'D' and it would be so special for the children to play it as I walk down the aisle. Obviously DS can't bring his piano from home so any suggestions would be greatly received.

RECEPTION

Not too sure where yet, hence the ??? in the title. I like the look of Narcoosee's (sp?) but having looked at the menu, I'm not sure it is really ideal for our children. Also DF is a fusspot when it comes to food and I honestly couldn't find a thing he would eat on the current menu. Obviously the menu will change by the time we are there but we will have to do some research. I want a nice place that is not too casual but the food can't be too fancy...not asking much really! :laughing: Ideally, I would like us to stay near to GF as we are hopefully going to book the Grand 1.

GRAND 1

This cruise looks fantastic and I would definately love to book this to watch Wishes. Only concern I have at the moment is that I think I read somewhere that Wishes is not on every night and I don't want to book it and sit looking at the stars :sad2:

I am sure someone in the know will soon put me right about Wishes.

I must also add that we have never been to WDW before so I'm also in frantic planning mode for the general holiday/honeymoon too. I sit at my PC with my huge notepad and write so much down. I do not know what I would do if I hadn't found this site and the Uk Dibb site...phew!!

All your plans sound great honey!!

We're having our ceremony at the pavillion but we went through the same dilema as you. We originally had Sea Breeze Point at the Boardwalk booked, and signed the contract for it. Then I started getting worried about the weather - both rain & shine. I've always loved the pavillion but didnt think our budget would allow, but DF said we should go for it as its where my heart was at and it would save me getting stressed about the weather too. Go with your instinct, if worrying about the weather is REALLY stressing you, then play it safe - but if you're 50/50 then go for SBP as all the wedding reports I've seen for there are soooo pretty!! They do have an organ in the pavillion, thats such a sweet idea to have your kids play :love:

With it being just the two of us, we are having our reception/meal on the Grand 1 and we're so excited!! Theres no fireworks at that time but we figured we'll be zooming around for a little bit noseying at the scenery & having photos taken and then eating will take up most of the hour too. We originally were going to do a wishes cruise, but we decided on a dessert party in epcot instead. You are right though, wishes is on most nights - but check the park hour sheets before booking incase its a special night like 'Mickeys not so scary halloween party' as wishes is not on that night, but they do have special halloween themed fireworks which are pretty too :thumbsup2

This site is amazing for picking up hints n tips about everything disney so I'm sure you'll need quite a few note pads ;) :laughing:

I have a A4 ringbinder (in hot pink of course!) for all my wedding information!

I love the idea of having the kids perform at the ceremony - its sounds wonderful :lovestruc

welcome and congrats looking froward to hearing more of your plans...:goodvibes
Aww thanks :hug: ...and loads of congrats to you for your upcoming VR....20 years??...I'm impressed :worship:
All your plans sound great honey!!

We're having our ceremony at the pavillion but we went through the same dilema as you. We originally had Sea Breeze Point at the Boardwalk booked, and signed the contract for it. Then I started getting worried about the weather - both rain & shine. I've always loved the pavillion but didnt think our budget would allow, but DF said we should go for it as its where my heart was at and it would save me getting stressed about the weather too. Go with your instinct, if worrying about the weather is REALLY stressing you, then play it safe - but if you're 50/50 then go for SBP as all the wedding reports I've seen for there are soooo pretty!! They do have an organ in the pavillion, thats such a sweet idea to have your kids play :love:

With it being just the two of us, we are having our reception/meal on the Grand 1 and we're so excited!! Theres no fireworks at that time but we figured we'll be zooming around for a little bit noseying at the scenery & having photos taken and then eating will take up most of the hour too. We originally were going to do a wishes cruise, but we decided on a dessert party in epcot instead. You are right though, wishes is on most nights - but check the park hour sheets before booking incase its a special night like 'Mickeys not so scary halloween party' as wishes is not on that night, but they do have special halloween themed fireworks which are pretty too :thumbsup2

This site is amazing for picking up hints n tips about everything disney so I'm sure you'll need quite a few note pads ;) :laughing:

The good ol' British weather is one of the reasons we said 'go to Florida!!'. We originally were going to get married at an 18th century manor house in the middle of Chester Zoo, followed by a safari and BBQ...BUT, if (when really) it rains, the whole days plans would be ruined. It costs such a lot in this country for a wedding too which tipped the scales. I have worked it our that it will be approx $6000 (£3000) in Disney...that would only just pay for the reception at the zoo!!!

It is definately an organ then in the Pavilion then Jo? Gutted if it is but I will have to make enquiries about maybe hiring a digital portable piano for the day. FSD will bring her violin with her but DS would be upset if he couldn't play too. TBH I wouldn't have just 1 of the children so I have to find an instrument!! :laughing:

Your plans for the Grand 1 sound heavenly....soooo romantic. Any idea how I found out what night Wishes are planned. Obviously its a bit early to know for 2010 but I wouldn't know where to find that info out.

I have a A4 ringbinder (in hot pink of course!) for all my wedding information!

I love the idea of having the kids perform at the ceremony - its sounds wonderful :lovestruc

Well of course it has to be hot pink...matches your colour scheme! :laughing:

This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn4RKR6ElE4&feature=related is what gave me the idea of the children playing. I was initially looking for the piece of music so DF could listen to it...then I stumbled across this little girl playing at a wedding...and I got all soppy again (obviously 'time of the month' again! :laughing: ). I then showed it to FSD...and she said 'oh I can play that'...it was fate! :lovestruc

I also love this tune and want the children to play this too....and spookily, the same little girl plays it at the same wedding!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qrfrSDEu-M&feature=user

I don't care if they make any mistakes or sound a bit ropey....it will just be so emotional to listen to them play. Might not be too good for the wedding day make up though!

Ok, I have passed the '10 post' minimum so I will attempt to upload a pic of the ring.

THE RING

This is the pic of the one I am having but because of me throwing a childish tantrum about the proposal (see post #1 :laughing: ), DF didn't get chance to buy anything. Also, he said that he would be too nervous about choosing a ring for me because he feels I wouldn't have liked what he chose (honestly?? he is probably right!)

Anyway, this is the ring that I love.

Img_classic_marq07ct.jpg

I think the only problem with the marquise style of stone is what kind of wedding ring will go with it. I am still getting this ring though, I guess other brides have had this style of ring and managed to get a wedding band to fit next to the e-ring.

FASCINATOR

This is the 1st thing I have actually bought for the wedding. I'm not overly fond of tiaras (sorry) and I love the feather fascinators so I found a brilliant seller on ebay (where else? :) ) and she made it after I emailed her about 20 times with questions and ideas. I was a bit nervous about what it would turn out like as I actually didn't get to see it until it arrived at my house but I'm absolutely thrilled with it.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

You can't really see it properly but it is really nice and well worth the risk as it only cost me £20 (approx $40).....bargain!

As you can see from the fascinator, my colours are gold & ivory. My fave colour is pistacchio green but DF said I couldn't have that colour. :laughing: I compromised and chose ivory/gold....predictable I know but I love the classic look of this colour combination.

BRIDESMAID'S HEADBANDS

I have chosen these for my bridesmaids which will obviously be both of our daughters.

This one is for DD3...

1208_1.jpg

...and this one is for DD12

1117_3.jpg

These satisfy all of us as they sparkle enough for the girls but are not exactly tiara's which pleases me.

The butterfly headband matches the dress I have already bought for DD3...I have took a risk buying it now but I really wanted this dress with butterflies on it....I have bought it in size 5 and my DD is only a little petite thing so fingers crossed it will be fine. I have tried it on DD and you could fit another child in there with her so I'm honestly not too concerned....unless she has a major growth spurt, in which case, she will be told off!! :laughing:

e216_0.jpg

6a0d_0.jpg

It is not as bright looking...unfortunately gold does not photograph too well with just a standard camera. I will get better pic of it as you really can't see it very well.

The good ol' British weather is one of the reasons we said 'go to Florida!!'. We originally were going to get married at an 18th century manor house in the middle of Chester Zoo, followed by a safari and BBQ...BUT, if (when really) it rains, the whole days plans would be ruined. It costs such a lot in this country for a wedding too which tipped the scales. I have worked it our that it will be approx $6000 (£3000) in Disney...that would only just pay for the reception at the zoo!!!

It is definately an organ then in the Pavilion then Jo? Gutted if it is but I will have to make enquiries about maybe hiring a digital portable piano for the day. FSD will bring her violin with her but DS would be upset if he couldn't play too. TBH I wouldn't have just 1 of the children so I have to find an instrument!! :laughing:

Your plans for the Grand 1 sound heavenly....soooo romantic. Any idea how I found out what night Wishes are planned. Obviously its a bit early to know for 2010 but I wouldn't know where to find that info out.

I love the idea of the zoo, safari and bbq!! That would be an amazing day for you and your guests! But like you said, the weather over here is so unreliable and the costs are just crazy now.

I've not actually been in the pavillion but my planner has said its an organ - although I'm sure I remembered someone on here saying that it can switch sounds so that it sounds like a piano :confused3 I'd definately ask around on here or your planner, like you say you might be able to hire one :thumbsup2

Hmmm .... your wedding is in May isnt it?? Well, theres definately no halloween stuff on then, the only that I can think of might be if they have any dates for the pirate & princess party in May. Again, maybe ask around on here - start a thread and see what other people have experienced. Or do a search for previous 'may' park schedules and that might give you a rough idea :surfweb: I'll have a look for you too, and see if I can find anything :)

I love your ring, a big sparkler :goodvibes Your fascinator is really pretty, I've already bought a veil, 2 infact :laughing: , but I still cant make my mind up whether I want to wear one or not :confused: I love the girls headbands and dresses, I'm biased as I love butterfly items :cloud9: Have you been dress shopping yet??

I love the idea of the zoo, safari and bbq!! That would be an amazing day for you and your guests! But like you said, the weather over here is so unreliable and the costs are just crazy now.

I've not actually been in the pavillion but my planner has said its an organ - although I'm sure I remembered someone on here saying that it can switch sounds so that it sounds like a piano :confused3 I'd definately ask around on here or your planner, like you say you might be able to hire one :thumbsup2

Hmmm .... your wedding is in May isnt it?? Well, theres definately no halloween stuff on then, the only that I can think of might be if they have any dates for the pirate & princess party in May. Again, maybe ask around on here - start a thread and see what other people have experienced. Or do a search for previous 'may' park schedules and that might give you a rough idea :surfweb: I'll have a look for you too, and see if I can find anything :)

I love your ring, a big sparkler :goodvibes Your fascinator is really pretty, I've already bought a veil, 2 infact :laughing: , but I still cant make my mind up whether I want to wear one or not :confused: I love the girls headbands and dresses, I'm biased as I love butterfly items :cloud9: Have you been dress shopping yet??

In a better climate, the zoo would be wonderful...they offer a private safari with a keeper when the zoo has closed to the public, but like I said, the weather here is just too unpredicatable (note the rain outside now!!)

It would be great if the organ could 'turn' into a piano. I will do as you have suggested and post a question.

So about Wishes?....are they on every evening apart from party nights? I will have to add that search to my many others! :laughing:

I love the ring I have chosen...can't wait to get it. I think it will have to be next month after I have been royally robbed by the school uniform stores this month!!

I did have a veil when I got married in 1997....but they are definately not for me. Saying that, I wore it over my face and I felt soooooo claustrophobic! I love the 'cage' veils but I'm not sure if it would suit me or not....that would go with my fascinator well but I doubt I will get one.

I haven't been dress shopping yet....but I have some pics of what style I like so I will post about them next.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter