Jo & Faron***Escape Wedding PJ***05/2010***WP/???/Grand 1

THE DRESS

I haven't been anywhere to try on dresses yet but I won't be buying one from a store anyway. My mum is a phenomenal seamstress and it was a done deal that she would be making it....that saves me a massive amount of cash too!!

However my mum and I have been looking around at the style that I like and we have found a dressmaker who makes dresses for approx £110 ($220!!!)...my mum has said that it would probably cost more for the material and beading so we are probably going to do this. Normally I would be a bit dubious about buying this way but my mum is more than capable of correcting anything and doing the fitting alterations.

This is the style dress I really love...Its a 'pick up' style by Maggie Sottero.

mgb045.jpg

This is my fave one at the moment and the beading is very similar to the original and is based on the 1st one. I have just ordered a couple of fabric swatches to see what the colour and quality of the fabric is.

WG0622-5.jpg

I also liked the look of the following dresses:

a434.jpg

a434b.jpg

a637-1.jpg

I think I will call some local bridal stores and see if they stock the Maggie dress for me to try on....but I will not mention that I won't actually be buying it oops! :)

I like the 'Victoriana' feel to this style of dress...and I think my fascinator will tie in nicely too.

I *love* Maggie Sottero's dresses, especially the pick up styles like her Capri Royale. You'll look fantastic in any one of those dresses and the price...thats fantastic! I'd be a bit dubious, but I doubt you'll have anything to worry about seeing as you've got your Mom to lend a helping hand :thumbsup2

The ring is gorgeous...maybe a nice thin band would go well with it?

Your fascinator is lovely - a bird cage would go brilliantly with it!

Oh, and I love the bridesmaids headbands and the dress - beautiful!

Your colours are very classy and sophisticated - it'll be stunning! :goodvibes

Kayleigh x

I *love* Maggie Sottero's dresses, especially the pick up styles like her Capri Royale. You'll look fantastic in any one of those dresses and the price...thats fantastic! I'd be a bit dubious, but I doubt you'll have anything to worry about seeing as you've got your Mom to lend a helping hand :thumbsup2

The ring is gorgeous...maybe a nice thin band would go well with it?

Your fascinator is lovely - a bird cage would go brilliantly with it!

Oh, and I love the bridesmaids headbands and the dress - beautiful!

Your colours are very classy and sophisticated - it'll be stunning! :goodvibes

Kayleigh x

Kayleigh, I wouldn't chance it if I didn't have my mum to save the day but as long as the fabric is nice, I will probably order it before the end of the year.

Thanks, I love the ring too...only thing is though, I did want a wedding band with diamonds on (gotta love the bling! :) )...I think I should have a look around at styles of bands.

I wish I was a bit more braver with colour like you...but alas, I'm boring!! :laughing: Actually pistacchio green is rather brave of me so we can blame DF!!

The only mission I will have to go on is for my bridal jewellery. I actually don't wear yellow gold as I don't like it and I wear white gold so I have to find something else. Maybe a funky pearl necklace and bracelet? I feel an ebay search coming on! :woohoo:

You could always try looking for a set that includes the style of engagement ring you would like, as they're normally matched to perfection.... :goodvibes

Your colour aren't boring - they're going to be stunning and very classy. Very victorianish! When I mentioned my colours to a few people they were like :eek: what?! But we like them so :snooty: :thumbsup2

I'm the same with yellow gold - I only wear white gold or silver. A pearl necklace could look lovely! I'm planning on getting my necklace from Japan, seeing as thats where my ceremony will be, to make it extra personal. I've already got a ring and two necklaces from there! Could be an idea :thumbsup2

Have you got any ideas for your something blue, if you're having it?

Okay, Jo, I've just caught up on your PJ and can I just say, you are adorable! What a great sense of humor you have and I'm so glad Faron seized the opportunity to drop to one knee, even if your wedding proposal memory will forever have him in his dressing gown in front of the cooker! :cloud9: Everything you have chosen so far is beautiful. The dress for DD is gorgeous and LOVE the idea of the children playing the music for your bridal procession. :faint: I'd be a sobbing mess! The fascinator came out perfectly and the colors are gorgeous and elegant! THat dress is stunning. Can't wait to hear what you think when you've tried it on. Unfortunately, pick-ups don't work on me at all because I am so short -- I looked like a meringue with a head. :laughing:
Looking forward to hearing more and sharing your planning journey! :goodvibes:

In a better climate, the zoo would be wonderful...they offer a private safari with a keeper when the zoo has closed to the public, but like I said, the weather here is just too unpredicatable (note the rain outside now!!)

It would be great if the organ could 'turn' into a piano. I will do as you have suggested and post a question.

So about Wishes?....are they on every evening apart from party nights? I will have to add that search to my many others! :laughing:

I love the ring I have chosen...can't wait to get it. I think it will have to be next month after I have been royally robbed by the school uniform stores this month!!

I did have a veil when I got married in 1997....but they are definately not for me. Saying that, I wore it over my face and I felt soooooo claustrophobic! I love the 'cage' veils but I'm not sure if it would suit me or not....that would go with my fascinator well but I doubt I will get one.

I haven't been dress shopping yet....but I have some pics of what style I like so I will post about them next.....

It would have been an amazing day, but disney will be just as great for you and hopefully less stress weather wise :)

Its worth asking around, I'm sure someone mentioned it could be turned into a piano though :thumbsup2

Yep, Normally its on every night unless there is a party of some sort or a special occassion. Park hours are normally posted a few months before, but you could try and get hold of some from this year just as a rough guide.

Oh heck, back to school time, thats one costly thing we get to look forward to when the day comes for us to have little ones.

You should try some different cage veils, just incase you find one to suit - its worth trying, if you hate it then you've lost nothing, but if you love it you've gained something fab and they do look very classy :thumbsup2 I'm not wearing it over my face, that would just annoy me too much, I keep flicking it around even when its infront of my shoulders at the sides :laughing:

I love those dresses!! and you are so lucky to be able to get one replicated for cheaper, good on ya :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Have you got any ideas for your something blue, if you're having it?

Not a clue yet.....although I was thinking of something but it is totally chavtastic!! :laughing: DF is a HUGE fan of Chester City FC (well someone has to be....ooops glad I have told DF not to come on here!). Anyway the clubs colours are blue so I should try and do something. I wonder if I can get a garter made with a sign on it 'City til I die'......OMG he would love me forever!! :rotfl:

Okay, Jo, I've just caught up on your PJ and can I just say, you are adorable! What a great sense of humor you have and I'm so glad Faron seized the opportunity to drop to one knee, even if your wedding proposal memory will forever have him in his dressing gown in front of the cooker! :cloud9: Everything you have chosen so far is beautiful. The dress for DD is gorgeous and LOVE the idea of the children playing the music for your bridal procession. :faint: I'd be a sobbing mess! The fascinator came out perfectly and the colors are gorgeous and elegant! THat dress is stunning. Can't wait to hear what you think when you've tried it on. Unfortunately, pick-ups don't work on me at all because I am so short -- I looked like a meringue with a head. :laughing:
Looking forward to hearing more and sharing your planning journey! :goodvibes:

Meringue with a head??? OMG I just snorted like a piggy laughing at that!! :laughing:

Hi and welcome to my PJ :hug: Congrats to you on your soon to be big anniversary. I would have been married for almost 11 years....but thankfully I came to my senses after 5!! I should have realised it was doomed on my wedding day when I had to wear flat shoes so I didn't tower over my ex!! The thing is, I'm only 5"6'!!!! :rotfl:

I really hope the children can play on our wedding day.....however you are right, we will be a sobbing blubbering mess :laughing:

I am hoping that DF gets down on his knee again once we buy the ring....or the dressing gown and bed breath (his, not mine!) will forever be in my memory! Awww bless him :laughing:

You should try some different cage veils, just incase you find one to suit - its worth trying, if you hate it then you've lost nothing, but if you love it you've gained something fab and they do look very classy :thumbsup2 I'm not wearing it over my face, that would just annoy me too much, I keep flicking it around even when its infront of my shoulders at the sides :laughing:

I love those dresses!! and you are so lucky to be able to get one replicated for cheaper, good on ya :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I've been having a look online at some of the cage veils and tbh, they look better with an updo....well I think so anyway. I have hair to my waist and I am having it curled and left down.....I will definately try some on when I go to try on dresses...(that I'm not going to buy!!:laughing: )

My mum has been sewing since she was a teenager and she is 62 now so you can imagine how experienced she is....we as a family are quite spoilt as she makes everything for us, curtains etc.....I don't think I have bought a readymade pair of curtains in my life!! :)

Ok...more piccies time I think :woohoo:

I have been checking out bridal jewellery online (What did we do before the internet??? :confused3 )...I have found 2 sets I like.

This set is my fave at the moment:

3fdb_0.jpg
47c1_0.jpg
4083_0.jpg

Sorry the pics are so small...basically it has yellow gold on it but it is mainly pearls and austrian crystals. Bit of a bargain too as its only £30!! I begrudge paying out tons on yellow gold as I won't wear it again.

This one is from a US site...$99 (£50) for necklace and earrings but no bracelet. I rather like this one too but I'm a bit scared I would hate it. I don't normally wear a lot of jewellery, (necklace, watch and thumb ring atm) and this necklace is quite elaborate.....but it does tie in to the 'victoriana' theme I seem to be have going on...even though I haven't consciously decided on that era......and there was me thinking I was soooooo hip & trendy!! :laughing:

N3018.jpg
N3018close.jpg

N3018earrings.jpg

Oh, WOW! That second set blew me away! Personally, I think your wedding day is exactly the day to wear something you never would otherwise! princess:

Oh, WOW! That second set blew me away! Personally, I think your wedding day is exactly the day to wear something you never would otherwise! princess:

I love the second set - gorgeous!

Think you guys are right! The more I look at it, the more I like it. They deliver to the Uk which is great too.

The same site has this bracelet....it has the pearls, crystals and yellow gold on it. I think its a bit too plain though...even for me.

N3014.jpg

Found these 2...I love the last one but the clasp is silver and the seller doesn't have it in yellow gold, pity because I think I would like that one.

1043_03.jpg

494leftmodel.jpg

Your wedding planning so far sounds great. A lot like my wedding, which I loved! :love: I know these were older questions, but here's my 2cents. We had a 3 and a 4 year old at our dinner at Narcoossee's and they had no trouble finding stuff to eat. They'll work with you on the menu if you need different stuff for your kids. Wishes - they show it ALMOST every night. In early May you need to make sure you're not on a Friday or Saturday night so you don't hit grad nights because there won't be Wishes that night. On the nights when they do a party (PPP, etc) they will do the cruise for the party fireworks, so you'll get a different show, but still a great fireworks cruise. You'll get the schedule a few months out when they do the park hours, but you can't book the cruise until 90 days anyway, so you'll know before that. Just come up with a plan b incase somehow it doesn't work out - maybe an illuminations cruise? OUr plan b was a dessert party.

Your wedding planning so far sounds great. A lot like my wedding, which I loved! :love: I know these were older questions, but here's my 2cents. We had a 3 and a 4 year old at our dinner at Narcoossee's and they had no trouble finding stuff to eat. They'll work with you on the menu if you need different stuff for your kids. Wishes - they show it ALMOST every night. In early May you need to make sure you're not on a Friday or Saturday night so you don't hit grad nights because there won't be Wishes that night. On the nights when they do a party (PPP, etc) they will do the cruise for the party fireworks, so you'll get a different show, but still a great fireworks cruise. You'll get the schedule a few months out when they do the park hours, but you can't book the cruise until 90 days anyway, so you'll know before that. Just come up with a plan b incase somehow it doesn't work out - maybe an illuminations cruise? OUr plan b was a dessert party.

Thanks so much :hug: ...I am going to have a good read of your TR :)

That's good news about Narcoossee's....I really like the look of the place and have read some really good reviews about it. Good idea to have a plan 'B'...I am the sort of person who hates having a plan 'b' though (control freak syndrome! :laughing: ) but in this instance, it is better to have a couple of ideas.

EDIT: Just starting reading your TR....and I've read it before :laughing:.....going to go over it again as our weddings are hopefully going to be a lot alike :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter