Jonette and Leif ~*~May 18,2006 Uk Rose Garden/ CG/ Ill. Lower French

Congratulations! I can't wait to read the rest of your story!

Oh my goodness Jonette! You look wonderful :) Everything just looks perfect. You, your hair, dress, bouquet... just stunning! I cannot wait to read more and see more :goodvibes I can tell this is going to be a great TR!

On with the show...otherwise entitled "Really, I can handle anything"

Starting Friday before the wedding, I finally got the paper products in to
start assembling them for the ceremony and the reception. Because of starting so late, there was no time to ship and I had to assemble everything myself.

A big shout out to Ellen for letting me copy her design. It worked so well with what I was doing.

As I was assembling the products I realized that Leif's stepmother's name was spelled wrong on the placecards, we were missing a placecard, and there were a few things wrong on the program. The printers had to reprint the program to fix the one error and fix the place card, and replace one that was not in the order. Hence the advice to always allow more time that you really think you need or anyone says you need. Also, here come the advice to tie your fiancée to the chair and make him go over the programs.....

Well I mentioned that we had incredibly bad luck this trip, and I was really not even kidding. As Leif finally, on Sunday took time to review the programs, he realized that his sister’s name was spelled incorrectly. Apparently she is a true Jenny and not a Jennifer. I was already 90% complete in assembling the programs when we found this other error.

I called the printer immediately and they started to reprint everything on Monday morning. I just wanted everything to be right and not cause any unnecessarily complaining by his stepmother. While waiting on the new insides of the programs, I continue to assemble everything thinking that I have Monday off and I just can go get the program insides and finish assembling them and be on my merry way.

List of things to do on Monday:

- Get up and do laundry
- Pack some items (get that honeymoon bag together)
- Massage at the Origins spa in town with my friend Gabe! Whom I adore and he raises Sharpei dogs (not sure of the spelling there)
- Buy some socks, as mine seem to always disappear
- Buy Leif a new shirt to go with his suit for the cruise b/c he only had one dress shirt. He goes business casual to the office so oh well.
- Get my nails done
- Pick up the reprinted programs and place cards
- Work on the rest of the list

By this time my dad and my step-mom Kathy were driving to Disney. I am so glad that they did!!! It really saved me alot of money in rentals from the Disney florist.

To give you an idea, here are a few pictures of the trailblazer as it headed toward Florida....

trailblazer3.jpg

trailblazer2.jpg

trailblazer1.jpg

Amy, I feel your pain about driving to Florida. Luckily we only had to squeeze dad and Kathy into the car and some clothes for them and their golf clubs.

The next installment: You got to be KIDDING me!

Jonette,
So far it sounds like you had several bumps in the road, but you looked absolutely beautiful. I love the pics you have posted and a great BIG thanks for the advice you've so freely given to all of us. :love:

I think your siggie pic has just done the job for me. I HAVE to have an illuminations dessert party and I HAVE to wear my dress.

I look forward to more trip report. :dance3:

Jonette - thank you for all the advice. We have already reserved Randy and Stan for our wedding. We are really getting excited... only 177 more days left!!! Time is just flying by... thank you for your advice. It's greatly appreciated. THat's why I love this board - everyone is so honest. :thumbsup2

AND most importantly, you are a beautiful bride!!! :wizard: princess: :sunny: Your dress, your hair, your makeup - everything looks perfect. Even though you had some challenges, you are still married to a wonderful man and you got to have your fairy tale wedding. Congratulations again!! Can't wait to read more about your trip. :banana:

happylalagirl said:
Jonette - thank you for all the advice. We have already reserved Randy and Stan for our wedding. We are really getting excited... only 177 more days left!!! Time is just flying by... thank you for your advice. It's greatly appreciated. THat's why I love this board - everyone is so honest. :thumbsup2
Just noticed you are getting married a few days after me, wow that means less than 177 days left!

Jonette!!!

I haven't had a chance to read everything but I can't wait to. You looked gorgeous! Breathtaking really. I love your picture in your siggie...that is great. Makes me wanna put one in mine. Very classy picture.

Anyways just wanted to reply to mention how gorgeous you looked. I bet you felt like a princess!!! because you sure looked like one. Now, maybe some day i will finish up my trip report and post it LOL!!

Congrats sweetie, you looked amazing!!!

Have A Magical Day!

Princess Mo - I am glad you are liking everything....we have alot in common as you will see later on in the Trip Report!

Congratulations to you both! You look so beautiful and so happy! And you are right about Carolyn, Lisa and Stan...we had them for our wedding and they were great to work with :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read the rest of your report and see more pictures (maybe someday I will get to posting a trip report myself :teeth: )

Congratulations to you again and best wishes for a wonderful life together :goodvibes

Laura

Monday - The day before we leave...

Total Sleep: 7 hours (Little did I realize that that would be
exception not the rule.)

Mental State: So far so good, at least in the beginning...

I got up this morning thinking that I could handle anything. A little bit of sleep and most of the packing done, I can have a little bit of a lay-in until my 1pm massage. I get up and head for my massage I am a little tense but ok. I had a hot rock massage and my body could definitely get used to that let me tell you! Gabe and I talked about his puppies and how he is expecting about 8 more new arrivals in the next few weeks. His sweet Sharpei babies are pregnant. Anyways, it was time to pay Gabe and get on my way, when he said that the massage was on him and not to worry about it. I gave him a huge tip and a hug and headed out of the door to the mall. I decided at 2pm that I had time to make it back up to Plano and get the insides of the programs before it was too late in the day, and then I would head back into Dallas for my nail appointment. To give you an idea, it was about a 40-minute drive each way. I thought I was going to be late for my nail appointment and I was, b/c I had no idea where this place was. See my friend had made the appointment and she was supposed to meet me there. Well she wasn’t answering her phone at all as I called Marion to tell her I would be a bit late. Come to find out later as I cruise up and down this street with a billion and one nail places, that she was not coming and she had thrown out her back. I met Marion at Origins where she works freelance as an aestitican. We have become really good friends and she lent me a piece of jewelry that you will see in some of the pictures. It is a blue sapphire and pearl bracelet.

While I am getting my nails done, I was feeling pretty good. I call Leif and ask him if he wants to go get Chinese food for dinner! He accepts and I finish my nails. Well, I left the store and I was not really happy with my nails, I got a fake set put on and the white stuff on my nail was showing through the acrylic. The lady said she had done them right. I was just really tired by the time this came along so I decided just to get used to it. I was running a little early to dinner with Leif so I checked out Ann Taylor Loft to see if there was anything I needed and resisted buying anything. That store is my total downfall!! During this downtime I decided to look over the insides of the programs. Well, they were only supposed to correct one name, and they moved the names to a different line and did something really funky with it. Keep in mind by this time it is 5:30 on the day before I leave! I am really stressed so I make an emergency call to my printer, and my friend Lisa Fontenot explaining the situation. I wanted to go and handle this emergency immediately, but I couldn’t b/c Leif does not have and does not want a cell phone. I didn’t want to stand him up. So I am on edge with everything that has been happening family wise, and now this. Leif at dinner smarted off to me…”Why are you stressing me out with these little details?” I said it was a major detail, and did not speak to him the rest of dinner.

I decided that the nails were still bothering me, so I went someplace else and just paid to have them fixed. Luckily I made it just under the wire of the time that they were closing.
The printer called back and they were reprinting as we spoke. I ended up getting the stuff around 9:00 pm and still had to assemble everything. Leif was not packed which was another problem with me. I really wanted him to be packed so that we could have a relaxing night. He didn’t get to help do the assembly, b/c he wanted to work out. I was still upset over the last comment and was bummed that I did not get to work out that night.

I did start talking to him again explaining the stress that was going on. I think I got to bed about 1:30 am and was up at 4:30 the next morning.

Coming up next: No really, it can't get much worse....or...You people SUCK!

What a small world. I didn't know anyone else in my family as a disneyaholic like me. Glad the wedding was a success. Melody is getting married here in Garland October 14 and she and Gabe are going to Disneyland for the honeymoon. I was just surfing looking for honeymoon tips for her when I found you. See you soon. :wave:

Hang on because more is coming!!! I am glad to see that an actual person in my family is a disneyaholic too!

Jumping in to read your report. Again congrats! Did you ever get the situation with the pictures worked out?

Still working on it. Looks like we may have to come back in January. Maybe you could come to Orlando and we could hang!

Ahh Tuesday morning – aka “Really it can’t get much worse!” No really, never say that…

Total sleep: 3 hours

I got up at 4:30 in the morning and headed into Dallas to miss all of the traffic. I was going to meet Marion at 6 am and she was going to do this oxygenation treatment on my skin one last time. She made it to the appointment and apologized for everything being crazy the day before. We finished the treatment in record time and I was back fighting the Dallas traffic to Plano. Leif had pretty much everything in the car by the time I got there, which was GREAT. We had to turn around one time right after we left the house, b/c I could not find my cell phone. We found it stuck in the stuffed back seat and we were on our way. We were leaving the car at a friend’s house, but had to meet my bridesmaid Tiffany first. She was physically going to take us to the airport. Tiffany was there the night that Leif and I met and I was so happy to have her as part of our wedding. We drop off the car and head to the airport in plenty of time. I am exhausted and looking forward to nothing more than sleeping on the plane. We get to the AirTran terminal wave goodbye at Tiffany and drag the luggage inside. We get to the check-in desk and had a bombshell dropped on us. (That night I had 2 events I wanted to attend: Meetup with my coordinator and floral manager as a howdy and I was planning to meet up with some friends whom I have not seen in 2 years! They had managed to come for the wedding.) I am feeling excited and happy to finally get to be in Florida again. Really, I don’t think that I could ever go too much!

We get to the ticket counter and are told that Air Tran had canceled our flight. My first reaction on 3 hours of sleep is that “ You are JOKING right?” Yes, I admit it Bridezilla was about to come out in a big big way. More than ever before. See I was wearing my “Why?” t-shirt. What may you ask is a “Why?” t-shirt. Well, it is a t-shirt that stops people dead in their tracks from asking you “Why do I have to….for your wedding?” I got so much of it I made the shirt where it said Why on the front and on the back it said, “Because I am the Bride!” Believe it or not, I learned the magic of that phrase way, way too late!!!

I immediately ask to speak to a supervisor and he said that he could do nothing at all. Basically too bad, so sad. By this time I wanted to speak to someone else higher than him, but no one existed at the airport of a higher rank. We were not the only ones notified when we were checking in. There was another lady and she was HOPPING mad. I immediately called my travel agent, Disney, my friends that I was going to meet with, and the family to tell them what had happened. This was the first of more than a few crying jags. I spent the two hours trying to figure out an alternate plan. We were now scheduled to go through Atlanta and that is an airport that no matter how long my layover, I always have to run from one terminal to another. My big concern was that we would not be able to get to Disney that night at all and we would have to pay for a room in Atlanta when we already paid for one in Orlando. That and I would miss my friends, hence another crying jag ensues. Let me just tell you that I am not the type of person that cries often at all. This was really unusual for me! When we got on the plane finally after another 2 hour wait, we found out that we would not have to change planes so that we would land in Orlando 3 hours late, but still in time to see my friends. I called Magical Express and gave them the update. Little did I realize while in Atlanta, I overheard an interesting conversation. The flight attendant was on her cell phone telling someone on the other end that they cancelled the Dallas – Orlando direct again. Hmm that fit with what I heard at the check in counter in Dallas, the supervisor said that corporate had plenty of notice. It looks like I am going to be writing a letter to Air Tran.

Needless to say there are no pictures of this event for obvious reasons. I was just not feeling photo friendly. We checked into POFQ and I left Leif with the luggage and took a taxi to meet my friends at MGM.

Here are the Omaha girls. Three in the picture were Disney Store cast members, that includes me. One of us three works in entertainment at WDW now. I made it just in time to get a kids meal, which I did not eat much of, and to find seats for Fantasmic.

fantasmic1.jpg

fantasmic2.jpg

fantasmic3.jpg

Fantasmic was great as always. Afterwards we hit DTD. The girls gave me a quick shower and I purchased plain pearl earrings from the Pearl Factory for the wedding. I will add in the shower pictures when I get them. We had the “shower” at Ghiradelli’s. I got towels and the bride and groom ears!

It was about 11:30 and I was ready to hit the bed. I got my luggage from Leif’s room and spent the night with my grandmother. She wanted to visit, since we don’t get to see each other that much. It was almost 1:30 am before I got to bed and I had to be up at 6:00 am the next morning for the bridal breakfast with the kids in the wedding and a few hangers on aka the kids' parents.

Next Installment: To be or not to be a Princess....or sometimes the Princess is so late she's a frog

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter