Jonette and Leif ~*~May 18,2006 Uk Rose Garden/ CG/ Ill. Lower French

I just LOVE your pro pics!!!! They're beautiful!! I like the one of the "When Piglets fly" slippers! I have those too. :) Do you have the matching PJs? They're my favorite PJs of all time. Congratulations!!

You're pictures look like it was a lot of fun, and well worth the mental anguish before hand. Your coach bags are so cute and that "Happily Ever After" punch looks good-what did it taste like? I love the pictures of you two where the water fountain is spraying in front of you, so you see the both of you through water droplets--very pretty! Got to go finish looking at your pics--how exciting!!!

I am enjoying reading all about your wedding. You looked absolutely stunning in your wedding photos. :)

I loved all your photos Jonette! Soooo pretty with all the soft colors :artist: the pale blues, greens and pinks. The ducky pics were my faves.....I know you said that there were lots of issues, but you can't tell from the pictures that anything was less than perfect. I look forward to hearing the rest.

The room will be ready WHEN? The beginning of running late for the rest of my life….well single life at least! Or how many people CAN you fit into a room at the Boardwalk and still fit in a massage table!

After the breakfast Leif and I headed back to POFQ to meet up with my grandmother get all of the dresses that needed to be steamed together and head off to the Boardwalk, minus Leif of course. Now my friend Lisa F, well she ROCKS. She rented one of the garden suites so that we could spend the night before the wedding talking and carrying on. Honestly, it was what I needed most of all.

So my grandmother (87) and I head off to the Boardwalk via Taxi service (Mears). We get there and check in, and I am really getting excited. By this time it is about 11:45pm and Lisa Pena is scheduled to come do my hair and makeup for the reception about 1pm. Lisa Pena is also going to do my grandmother’s hair so that it looks nice for the wedding. (I loved my grandmother’s hair, grandma not so much.) During that time Carolyn Allen is coming to steam all of the dresses, also at 1pm. Carolyn was then going to head over to the boys and fit the tuxes.

So we check in and the room is not ready yet. The concierge manages to get us a room to use until ours was ready. Come to find out the guy that checked us in knows a friend of mine. That was pretty funny! So they get us a room, meanwhile my phone is ringing off of the hook with everyone calling. I tried calling Lisa Pena to tell her what room we are in, as well as Carolyn Allen. I got ahold of Carolyn, but managed to miss Lisa Pena somehow. Carolyn came and started to steam all of the dresses and Lisa F. showed up to hang out for a bit. It was great to see her. Anyways, poor Lisa Pena waited around for me for over an hour and we finally got caught up. Small blessing let me tell you. She asked downstairs for me and they showed that we checked in, but no one followed up to see where we would be. So let’s do a room count. Lisa Pena, Lisa F., me, my grandmother, Carolyn Allen. All in a small room at the Boardwalk. Remember the suite is not ready yet, and Carolyn is steaming 6 dresses which includes my wedding dress. So Lisa starts and finishes my hair and makeup and starts my grandmothers hair when Meagan shows up to give me a massage (another gift from Lisa F.)

So quick room count. Lisa Pena, Lisa F., me, my grandmother, Carolyn Allen, and Megan the massage lady and 6 dresses. Ok now call me crazy, but it is loud, and not really conducive to relaxing. Everyone starts to leave. Carolyn was done, Lisa P was done, Lisa F was off to check on her family and get them ready for the rehearsal dinner, and my grandmother was off to take a taxi and get ready for the rehearsal dinner. This left Megan and I. I asked Megan what she heard, and she and I both said at the same time “the sound of silence”. I went ahead and told Megan she could stop a few minutes early. I had to get dressed and it is almost 4pm.

From about 2:30 until 4pm my brother probably called about 7 times no lie. To find out where they were trying on tuxes, why didn’t I tell him Magical Express causes delayed luggage (hmm told you this and you had it in writing, not sure if you read it or not), then he couldn’t find the room (again not able to ask anyone for directions) so the final deal was that he missed the tux fitting. At that point I am a little irritated and just figured he would wear whatever he had and would just deal.

I was about ready to leave for the rehearsal, I am dressed and coiffed and I called to find out if our room was ready. It was ready at 4pm as I was ready to head out the door. I noticed just then that my veil was not steamed. I made a quick call to Carolyn Allen’s and they said that Carolyn would come at 6am and finish it for her! I was so thankful for that great customer service you have no idea. It was such a madhouse that I was shocked that she did as well as she did.

Well, no one was with me at all for someone to be with all of the dresses and the luggage so that bell services could take the items to the garden suite. Bell services came quickly and I bribed the guy to figure it out while I went to my rehearsal. I left about 4:15 for my 4:30 rehearsal. Now keep in mind that I padded all times by 15 minutes for each event so that no one would be late. As I am approaching the Yacht Club and the Gazebo, where our rehearsal was being held, by boat I noticed something interesting. Basically, there were only 2 people there and it was 4:25pm. Hmm…interesting as everyone should have been there by 4:15pm. I walk up to the gazebo and Leif and his sister are there. Thank goodness the groom is there. Love the fact that he is early and is ready to get the show on the road. Everyone else turns up about 30 minutes late. Apparently, even though I love my family and friends, they get lost easy. I don’t think it ever occurred to anyone to ask where the Gazebo was. Rehearsal dinner was starting at 6:30 at Fultons, and we did not start our rehearsal until almost 5:00. The running late begins…. Here are a few pictures from the rehearsal.

The gazebo
DSC00377.jpg

Diane Bowen explaining things while I talk to my Dad. Actually it was a stern talking to. See, normally I like to think that I have a nice sense of humor. I see the lighter side of life. I love Disney why not. Well, quick flashback. For Christmas last year I bought Leif a Mickey icon tie in red and navy for him to wear during our wedding rehearsal and the cruise. At the time I thought, oh well this is something that Dad would totally wear from a color standpoint. Ok fast forward back to the rehearsal. Dad shows up with this awful tie. I am not talking bad, I am talking god-awful. The navy tie had on it a wedding cake, wedding rings, bouquets, and a cake topper. My comment to my dad when I saw him….SURELY you brought another tie to wear to the dinner. He response….Ummmm No. My next comment. You need to go into a shop somewhere and find another tie. And where, WHERE could you possibly get that thing from???? Turns out, he got it from my step-mother’s brother who is also a minister. Honestly, I have nothing else to say at this point.

DSC00387.jpg

I didn’t have a bow bouquet, but I had my Hefflump. Leif and I will tell each other that “Hefflump!” as a way to tell each other “I love you!” He will also tell me loves me like a Hefflump would. I like that a lot. It is funny, b/c the infatuation with Lumpy happened before we realized it was a kid voice…oh well.

Me, Leif, and Lumpy as my bouquet.

DSC00385.jpg

My stepbrother (who is a minister) conducting the rehearsal. And me going hurry it up, we are running late for dinner and I don’t want to be on Leif’s stepmom’s bad side….

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

I probably should have listened more, b/c we made a few mistakes during the vows and recessional. But until I see the video I really won’t care!

After the rehearsal was over, I commandeered my Dad’s vehicle to go and finish the gift bags for everyone in the wedding. Leif went with his sister to Fulton’s and so did everyone else I guess. Now in the car with me was Kallie (my 3 year old niece), Kathy (my stepmother), Dad (obvious connection) and me. I am a mess let me tell you. The last thing I want to do is deal with fallout at the reception. We head back to the Boardwalk and Dad waits with the truck while Kallie, Kathy, and I try and get to the new room. Now I have NEVER been to the new room, and never been the garden suites. I got so confused getting there. It took us about 15 minutes to find it. Of course it seemed like a lifetime. I tore everything open and started assembling gift bags. Kathy helped and Kallie asked where her’s was. This was a chorus I would hear over and over again. Finally, I got all of the jewelry put in bags and the t-shirts for the kids. We got back to the car and there was Dad with a new tie, and guess what…it matches the tie Leif was wearing PERFECTLY. Yep, the same tie. You know, I never did get a picture of the twinkies together. We run out of the door and back to the car. Needless to say we arrived at the reception 20 minutes late. And my stomach was in total knots.

Here are the kids shirt designs.

cindyflower.png

jrcinderella.png

belleflowergirl.png

tinkjrbridesmaid.png

Flowergirlcindy.png

starwarsdarth.jpg

The next episode: Late but here…lcet the party begin….Seriously, the glass clinking thing is REALLY getting on my nerves! Can a woman use the BATHROOM in peace????

Jonette, you are hysterical! I am so enjoying this TR. Sorry you were so stressed out, but I have a feeling this story has a happy ending ;)

Jonette,
Girl...It seems as though Murphy's Law was working overtime on you, but judging from the photos, your day was stunning. I've said this before, you made a gorgeous bride. Leif is lucky to have a woman as strong as you are...many women I know would have melted from all the stress...you, on the other hand, rose above it and outshone all the others.

Can't wait to read more! :grouphug:

Angellady, The Charmed One, Cryssi, Laura, Dave, Darlene, Caroline, Jen, and everyone else! Thanks for all of the wonderful thoughts and I am glad that everyone is enjoying the TR. There were bumps along the road, but Jen you are right there is a happy ending.

Chrissiereiss - I loved the ducks to. Believe it or not it was a gift with purchase from Disney! Purchase of an EPCOT wedding. Honestly, I don't remember those ducks being there at all.

Tinkerbellz - I am from Lousisiana too.

I love your pictures Jonette!! The monorail ones are awesome. You looked gorgeous!

Have A Magical Day!

JonetteA said:
Tinkerbellz - I am from Lousisiana too.

I know, there are a lot of us from Louisiana here on the DIS. Of course, there's just plain a lot of us on the DIS :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

I love the special shirts you made for the wedding party kids. I won't have any children in my VR, but it gives me a great idea for the nutheads in my wedding party!

Looking forward to the next segment of As the Wedding Turns! No, really I feel terrible for all the roadblocks that kept trying to rain on your parade, but I am loving your light spirit in which you tell it. :love:

I agree that the shirts were a great idea--I like that they were each different and unique, like each of your kiddies :)

Tinkerbellz said:
Looking forward to the next segment of As the Wedding Turns!

You hit it right on the head....It is As the Wedding Turns. And the sad part is that you guys are getting the glossed over version.

Can't wait to read more! From the pictures it looks like a fabulous day. I LOVE the ducks- that is the kind of thing you couldn't duplicate if you tried! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter