• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**July 2020**

I am trying to remain positive, but I am so worried about senior prom and HS graduation for my DS. He is stressing about it and worried, which makes my heart ache for him. This July trip was to celebrate his graduation and 18th birthday
feel so badly for all the kids who are missing out on sports/ competitions/ friends. It’s really such a difficult situation.
Another senior mom :wave2: First we were supposed to be on a cruise for spring break when DS17 turns 18 and that's cancelled; he also missed out on 2 years of varsity basketball after tearing his ACL twice and now this :sad1: We have moved that cruise to a May WDW trip for now and are 100% not even letting ourselves think July won't happen!
We don't finish school until late June so still hoping graduation will happen but I feel for all seniors right now.

Another senior mom :wave2: First we were supposed to be on a cruise for spring break when DS17 turns 18 and that's cancelled; he also missed out on 2 years of varsity basketball after tearing his ACL twice and now this :sad1: We have moved that cruise to a May WDW trip for now and are 100% not even letting ourselves think July won't happen!
We don't finish school until late June so still hoping graduation will happen but I feel for all seniors right now.
I know exactly what you mean. My son missed all the track season last year due to injury, and now he is likely to miss out on most of this year's as well. His exams have just been cancelled as well - you would think that the kids are happy, but they aren't because they are going to use estimated grades, and many of them (my son included) were improving rapidly due to revising. The July trip was going to be something nice for him to look forward to after all the hard work - now it looks like all that hard work revising will have been for nothing, and the trip is also in the balance now.

The one thing that makes me optimistic, however, is that we can't close down the whole world for months on end. This is going to get to the point where the virus is so common everywhere that keeping stuff closed isn't going to make any difference. Not sure what sort of timescales are being talked about in the States, but in the UK a timescale of 12 weeks is being talked about - that would make it sometime mid June before things start getting better. I would rate our holiday no better than 50/50 at the moment.

Last edited:
It's so hard :(

I was joking with one of my friends that these kids won't be entitled adults because nothing is promised, not even prom, graduation, or going out to dinner lol

And YES this trip will be incredible!!
Not a senior mom but their physics teacher and I so wish we were all back in the classroom right now. I'm so sad things aren't happening for them the way they are suppose to.

I'm feeling the same way, especially because I am supposed to be in WDW this week. One bright spot for us is that we already had this July trip planned. Praying that this is all behind us by then.
I was thinking of you and Mike, Kelly. Hope you all are staying safe, especially you in your line of work.
I know it must have been sad to not be able to cruise but I am glad you and the fam are safe at home. Hopefully you. me and Kelly will be able to raise a glass (or two!) at Top of the World in July!
Same! Jamie and Stuart are graduating this year too and who knows what is going to happen?? We also go until late June so there is some hope but still..... :(

Omg I just want to cry right now. My husband owns his own business and our governor just closed all non-essential businesses as of tonight. He’s trying to figure out where his falls because he’s engineering consulting for HVAC systems. So it’s a fine line. We are going to be so screwed if his business goes under.

This Disney trip is now the last on my mind. And I’d cancel but we booked our airfare so we are out that money regardless. This whole thing really sucks. I’m freaking out

Omg I just want to cry right now. My husband owns his own business and our governor just closed all non-essential businesses as of tonight. He’s trying to figure out where his falls because he’s engineering consulting for HVAC systems. So it’s a fine line. We are going to be so screwed if his business goes under.

This Disney trip is now the last on my mind. And I’d cancel but we booked our airfare so we are out that money regardless. This whole thing really sucks. I’m freaking out

I am so sorry. Truly, so very sorry. I hope everything works out ok.

I'm so sorry for you and your family! Prayers that his business is able to survive!

I'm so sorry for you and your family! Prayers that his business is able to survive!
Thank you. It may actually fall under essential businesses because he consults with contractors. He does HVAC systems - so boilers, AC units, etc. Just fingers crossed it actually does

Well more depressing news here. My husband just announced that he needs to find a place to self quarantine away from the family. (He’s a doctor at a local hospital). Up until now it hasn’t been bad but now he thinks it’s starting to get too risky to come home. 😭. I knew this was probably going to happen but it’s still really hard to actually admit its happening. Our home is fairly small, we don’t have an extra room or basement so it does mean he will have to look into a hotel. Really, really bummed out. Especially with the uncertainty of how long this will last.

Well more depressing news here. My husband just announced that he needs to find a place to self quarantine away from the family. (He’s a doctor at a local hospital). Up until now it hasn’t been bad but now he thinks it’s starting to get too risky to come home. 😭. I knew this was probably going to happen but it’s still really hard to actually admit its happening. Our home is fairly small, we don’t have an extra room or basement so it does mean he will have to look into a hotel. Really, really bummed out. Especially with the uncertainty of how long this will last.
Oh my gosh....I am so sorry. We'll be thinking about you and praying this won't last long. Thank your husband for his service and bravery.

Here in NY they're shutting down non essential businesses tomorrow night; but from what I read I think your husband would be considered essential? I hope he is :hug:

Here in NY they're shutting down non essential businesses tomorrow night; but from what I read I think your husband would be considered essential? I hope he is :hug:
Thank you. We are in NY as well. It is tomorrow night. He was able to get some laptops and set up some working from home. He can go into the field for his jobs, but the office work should be limited. Better than nothing though. Thank you so much.

I hope your husband stays safe.

Thank you. We are in NY as well. It is tomorrow night. He was able to get some laptops and set up some working from home. He can go into the field for his jobs, but the office work should be limited. Better than nothing though. Thank you so much.
Oh good news really :) I feel for you as it all stinks so much. DH is considered essential at both jobs surprisingly but our two oldest DS's are not so as of now are laid off and both have babies. Hang in there!

Oh good news really :) I feel for you as it all stinks so much. DH is considered essential at both jobs surprisingly but our two oldest DS's are not so as of now are laid off and both have babies. Hang in there!
That’s horrible. I’m sorry. I hope they are able to come through this.

I am so sorry to hear this. My sister is in the same position as she is an ER doc. Luckily she lives in PEI and things are still ok there but I am desperately worried about her.
Glad to hear your DH's business was not shut down. :)
Tell Steve to stay safe! Sorry to hear about your two oldest son's, especially with the babies! Is the state giving any economic support to laid off workers? Canada just announced an $82B aid package and have loosened restrictions around employment insurance. I am lucky that the school board is continuing to pay us (for now) and Bill works from home. I am just so thankful to have us all together and safe.

I'm not planning on cancelling unless I have to. I'm also a teacher and rescheduling isn't easy.
I'm a teacher too. I have a trip booked June 4-18 using rented DVC points. Thankfully, the owner emailed me today and said she would refund my money if the trip gets cancelled. I already had to reschedule my March trip (I was supposed to leave tomorrow) to mid-July. That owner told me I would not get a refund under any circumstances. I am at least hoping that the July trip goes forward or I will be out of $1800. I shudder to think if I email and ask to push it to December as she has been very upset about rescheduling the March trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter