**July 2020**

Hello! I am joining you all. I was going to go at the end of June but due to the uncertainties surrounding covid-19 I pushed it out a month. Hopefully everything goes as planned. I had a reservation for POP. I’ll either rebook there or Coronado Springs.

If Disney is open in July, what type of changes do you think we will see? My girls want to go so bad that I think they would be happy to spend 8 days at the resort hanging out at the pool.

I rescheduled a May trip for 7/13-7/17. I am both mentally and emotionally prepared to cancel if need be so I’m really very zen about it right now (we’ll see how I get the close the July we get). I’ll be staying at Caribbean Beach, where I haven’t stayed in about thirty years (😐), and it’s my first time going in the summer since my senior year of high school (😐😐). This trip will age me, one way or another!

If Disney is open in July, what type of changes do you think we will see? My girls want to go so bad that I think they would be happy to spend 8 days at the resort hanging out at the pool.
Totally get this! Especially after months inside! But I do have to wonder, if people booked packages, would they still be able to enjoy the resorts, but get refunded for their tickets and/or get an extension? That would really suck if not.

We went ahead and moved our trip back by a month to have a better chance of being able to go. I work for a hospital and they are restricting our time off until this stuff calms down. The airline cancelled our original flight and put us onto a later one and also had my hotel night near the airport booked for the night before we were supposed to fly out cancelled because the hotel will be closed. Took those things as a sign and decided it made the most sense to push out by a month, which is as late as we can go. It was so sad to say goodbye to all of my perfect reservations and free dining, but we're starting to build up some cautious excitement for our new trip. Now booked for 7/25-8/3 in a Boardwalk Inn/Beach Club split.

We've decided to move our trip out a little bit to hopefully increase the chances that this pandemic is further resolved and that things at Disney will be open. So we've pushed out to August and I just wanted to sign off from the July board. Good luck to everyone with planning and I hope we all get to take our trips!!

"Upstate" NY here too :wave:also with a senior so my hopes are the same as yours! Of course now we're out through the end of April but since we go through June I am staying hopeful they can go back even if only for a few weeks. We we supposed to go to Quinnipiac yesterday for Acepted Students Day but they instead did it virtually; better than nothing but still sad.
I worked at Quinnipiac briefly (in their polling department) Definitely not the same as being there :(

I wasn't going to add my name to this but after tracking data and seeing the growth curve slowing down with social distancing I might tentatively add my name for the updates :) Hopefully everyone continues to recognize the importance of it and the curve gets better not worse :)

CBR/Polynesian Villas
July 10-20
I really hope so. Added
Just jumping on the list for our July 2nd - 11th trip. Staying at the Poly and really hoping things are starting to open by then. I work in healthcare so i see first hand how easily this virus is spreading. It is rather scary when you feel you are doing all the right things yet it speads like wild fire.

Everyone - Wash you hands, don't touch your face, and wear a mask if you have to go out for your essentials. Maybe a little sprinkle of pixie dust would help too pixiedust:
Added :welcome:
My brain goes OH MY GOD the lines in July are going to be HORRENDOUS as all that pent up demand peaks and everyone that cancelled in March, April and May floods the parks.
I don't know. My husband is worried about that but I think a lot of people are going to push past summer completely. Maybe even 2020.
Just changed my May reservations to June 28-July 5th. For now, I'm going to optimistic that Disney will be open. With that being said, how crazy is MK on July 4th? Are the other parks as patriotic as I imagine MK would be?
EPCOT seems like the most patriotic spot for the 4th. Added to roll call :)
First post!

Add me to the list for July 5 -July 17 at Pop! Not a rebook. This is our original trip booked in January on the Free Dining promo. Fingers crossed!!! :yoda:
Fingers crossed! Added to roll call :) :welcome:

My Easter trip (would have been there now 😭) got moved to MDW, then moved again to July 23-28th! We have APs that expire mid-late May, so with a possible June 1st opening, it gives us until end of July to use.
I keep trying to figure out my new AP expire date too (originally Sept 1st)
Joining; we will be at the world from July 31-August 7. Staying at Yacht Club for the bulk of the trip, still debating options for our first night.
Added to roll call!
I have read so many rumors about what we can expect, I am trying to just wait and see and not speculate at this point.
I reserved Coronado Springs and got a good rate of $175 per night. Again I will be there from July 23-29 :)
Added.
I rescheduled a May trip for 7/13-7/17. I am both mentally and emotionally prepared to cancel if need be so I’m really very zen about it right now (we’ll see how I get the close the July we get). I’ll be staying at Caribbean Beach, where I haven’t stayed in about thirty years (😐), and it’s my first time going in the summer since my senior year of high school (😐😐). This trip will age me, one way or another!
:welcome:
We are booked for July 11-18 at CBR also. I am hoping it will be somewhat normal operations. I hate to pay normal Disney prices for half Disney experience. I will be anxious to see when they actually reopen and then what is rolled out.
I get that. I think Disney is pretty mindful of compensating for lackluster experiences though so I am confident I will feel like I get the value out of a trip, either because they offer a great return offer/discounts/amenities etc.
We went ahead and moved our trip back by a month to have a better chance of being able to go. I work for a hospital and they are restricting our time off until this stuff calms down. The airline cancelled our original flight and put us onto a later one and also had my hotel night near the airport booked for the night before we were supposed to fly out cancelled because the hotel will be closed. Took those things as a sign and decided it made the most sense to push out by a month, which is as late as we can go. It was so sad to say goodbye to all of my perfect reservations and free dining, but we're starting to build up some cautious excitement for our new trip. Now booked for 7/25-8/3 in a Boardwalk Inn/Beach Club split.
I think those are similar to the dates I am going to set up as my first back up. I was going to work on a Sept or Oct back up but with two college kids that is unrealistic (unless they end up pushing back the start of college but that is impossible to know right now)

Hopefully I added everyone. If I missed you I am sorry and just comment.

I have never been this lackadaisical about planning but I can't feel like it is real until we start to see parks start opening again.

Roll call
June 26th - July 3rd - Polynesian Villas - jriveiro724
June 27th - July 4th - Caribbean Beach Resort/ Yacht Club - DisSurfer878
June 27th - July 3rd - Pop Century - ceejayzvan
June 27th - July 4th - Caribbean Beach Resort - dknight1021
June 28th - July 5th - Patclairesmom
June 28th - July 6th - Caribbean Beach Resort - SweetFamily2015
June 28th - July 6th - Riviera - MichaelWill&Megan'sMom
June 29th - July 5th - Caribbean Beach Resort - TVmom
July 1st - 8th - Coronado Springs - MamaToots30
July 1st - 12th - Pop Century - Shir Kahn
July 1st - 15th - All Star Sports - cwaltjen
July 1st - 17th - Yacht Club - Welsh_Dragon
July 2nd - 5th - Polynesian - kylenne
July 2nd - 9th - Beach Club / Polynesian / Boardwalk Inn - Mainsail Minnie
July 2nd - 10th - Bay Lake Tower - buzzrelly
July 2nd - 11th - Polynesian - kniquy
July 4th - 11th - Pop Century - MamaJessie
July 5th - 14th - Caribbean Beach Resort - e-rod jedimaster
July 5th - 17th - Pop Century - chad_1138
July 6th - 10th - Port Orleans Riverside - Stefne
July 6th - 12th - Offsite - LauraIngalls
July 6th - 13th - Port Orleans French Quarter - DrummerBoy523
July 6th - 14th - Contemporary Resort - StephanieP
July 6th - 20th - Coronado Springs - MichelinMan
July 7th - 12th - Polynesian - Eeyore1220
July 7th - 13th - Wilderness Lodge - Jacq7414

July 7th - 14th - Pop Century - mekay1012
July 7th - 15th - All Star Music - MelissaBee
July 9th - 11th - Pop Century - Nox
July 9th - 12th - JenM
July 9th - 15th - Polynesian - Mascara&MouseEars
July 9th - 17th - Caribbean Beach Resort - Sandiz08
July 10th - 20th - Caribbean Beach Resort / Polynesian Villas - lovethesun12
July 11th - 18th - Caribbean Beach Resort - flea1267
July 13th - 17th - Caribbean Beach Resort - RolloTomasi
July 14th - 20th - Gran Destino Tower Club Level - TinkerTracy
July 15th - 21st - Boardwalk/Yacht Club - 5olearys
July 15th - 24th - Animal Kingdom Lodge - wallawallakids
July 17th - 24th - Dolphin/Animal Kingdom Lodge - L_MD
July 17th - 24th - Beach Club - Vaninou
July 18th - 23rd - Polynesian - PineappleDaisy
July 18th 25th - Pop Century / Beach Club - katrinao82
July 18th - 26th - All Star Music - cbeeindisney

July 18th - 26th - Pop Century - ml sumner
July 19th - 25th - Pop Century - mickeysmith
July 21st - 30th - Animal Kingdom Lodge - stevelle
July 22nd - 27th - All Star Movies - DMLAINI
July 23rd - 28th - e_yerger
July 23rd - 29th - Coronado Springs - EsmeCullen
July 23rd - Aug. 3rd - Caribbean Beach Resort / Fort Wilderness Cabins - HHMcG
July 23rd - Aug. 5th - Caribbean Beach Resort / Yacht Club - MaineMama
July 24th - Aug. 1st - Old Key West - ILovemyDVC
July 25th - Aug. 3rd - Boardwalk Inn / Beach Club - jfsag123
July 25th - Aug. 8th - Pop Century - DisneySwede
July 27th - Aug. 1st - Pop Century - Sjohnson71103
July 29th - Aug. 4th - Caribbean Beach Resort - raider97
July 30th - Aug. 5th - Animal Kingdom Lodge - G719
July 31st - Aug. 7th - Yacht Club - Gordon Gekko
Hello, July 2020! Anxiously optimistic our trip will go. Two current options
a. Disney Dream July 24-27 followed by July 27-30 at POLY
b. Full DW stay at the Poly July 24-30 if the Cruise gets canceled

Fingers crossed for us all!!!
Added to roll call. A week at the Poly is a pretty good consolation prize for missing a cruise <3

Yes!! One of many reasons we're going in July is that DS18 will be going away to college in the fall, so hopefully not "last" trip together ever but you know, " last " before things change :)

Also if you tell me your real name is Laura Ingalls I will want to be your BFF! I'm like a walking Laura Ingalls dictionary :laughing:
LOL! No its not my real name but I love love love all things Laura Ingalls!

I am joining here! I have a very quick trip planned for July 26 - 29. I have never gone on such a quick trip but things changed. My typical time is 7 days more or less.

It was originally a trip where my brother & I were meeting there, staying at his timeshare and driving back home together. Unfortunately, he got laid off so all his vacation time is gone. I had already bought my airfare to MCO - so I was going to go solo for just a few days since I now had to add a hotel cost & airfare. I have a friend who is now coming along.

It is going to be different on many levels but I'm excited.

I am joining here! I have a very quick trip planned for July 26 - 29. I have never gone on such a quick trip but things changed. My typical time is 7 days more or less.

It was originally a trip where my brother & I were meeting there, staying at his timeshare and driving back home together. Unfortunately, he got laid off so all his vacation time is gone. I had already bought my airfare to MCO - so I was going to go solo for just a few days since I now had to add a hotel cost & airfare. I have a friend who is now coming along.

It is going to be different on many levels but I'm excited.
Different can be fun though. Have you been to wdw with this friend before?

We are expecting a rainy afternoon here so I think I am going to use the time to draft up two back ups - one for early August or late July - one for October. Then if my urge to do nothing useful continues I will write up a plan for December too just in case.

Hope everyone is hanging in there - mentally and physically!

Different can be fun though. Have you been to wdw with this friend before?

We are expecting a rainy afternoon here so I think I am going to use the time to draft up two back ups - one for early August or late July - one for October. Then if my urge to do nothing useful continues I will write up a plan for December too just in case.

Hope everyone is hanging in there - mentally and physically!

Nope, it is my friend's first time ever at WDW - so that makes it even more unique. It was a random conversation that turned into a "just do it" situation. No matter what the experience will be -- it will be a blast & we are always getting ourselves into some weird "only us" situations anyway - so we may as well do that at Disney.

The downside is I have no idea how to plan anything (and I'm a planner so that is the part that is going to be hard for me). I'm not much of a just wing it and see what happens. I think I may not get a choice but to do that on this trip.

LOL! No its not my real name but I love love love all things Laura Ingalls!
Awesome! I need to take a picture of my Madame Alexander Laura Ingalls doll and post it here for you :goodvibes I have read every single book written by her and about her and I swear before I die I'll take a road trip to visit all her homesteads! I live in NY and DS18's friends mom is from Malone NY which is Almanzo's hometown, about5 hours from me. Every year there's a festival there and a few of the actors including Dean Butler go! I just haven't been able to talk DH into going yet!

So decided to move our July 2020 trip to July 2021 now. I can't see the park experiences being anywhere near back to normal, even if they are open, and as this is likely to be the last family trip we ever make to WDW we want it to be as good as possible.

Hope all of your trips still go ahead, and the experience is still ok.

So ducking out of this thread now.

All our July flights were just changed on southwest. This includes our party leaving out of two different cities. Nothing too crazy but a change nonetheless.

All our July flights were just changed on southwest. This includes our party leaving out of two different cities. Nothing too crazy but a change nonetheless.
So far we've had our May and June flights changed or cancelled and had to rebook May (I know it may not happen) but luckily July is holding tight! Glad your changes weren't too bad. Better than being cancelled for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter