July 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread, Hello Sunshine!☀️

1691293172763.png

I do kind of like grilling, but DH usually does it if we grill something for a meal.

I haven't seen the Barbie movie and not sure if I will unless it comes out on streaming or something. Both of my DDs have already seen it and DH has no interest. I know he would go see it with me if I wanted, but we'll just have to see what all is showing at the theater when he is back to going out. He was down this weekend from his surgery and not too sure yet on next weekend. I'd imagine it will still be playing the weekend after that, but not sure what all else will be on.

View attachment 783167

I do kind of like grilling, but DH usually does it if we grill something for a meal.

I haven't seen the Barbie movie and not sure if I will unless it comes out on streaming or something. Both of my DDs have already seen it and DH has no interest. I know he would go see it with me if I wanted, but we'll just have to see what all is showing at the theater when he is back to going out. He was down this weekend from his surgery and not too sure yet on next weekend. I'd imagine it will still be playing the weekend after that, but not sure what all else will be on.
If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend seeing the Barbie movie. It is unexpectedly powerful.

I rarely see movies twice (at least in the theater) but I loved Barbie even more the second viewing. Aside from America's "it's impossible to be a woman..." rant, my favorite quote from the movie is Weird Barbie saying "you'll be become sad, mushy and complicated". How does the saying go... I feel so seen?

Self-care today starts with spin class, having missed last Sunday I think it is going to feel like starting over but glad to be doing it. After that I have to go to a neighboring town to send back some returns, as we don't have a Fed Ex place here. Then it's a low tide walk at the beach followed by some yard work. I'm also going to sign in to work for an hour or two to have some quiet time to get some work done. Not the funest way to spend a Saturday afternoon but it will feel good to get it done.

Self-care for my today is going to be getting a few easy things checked off of my to-do list. Yesterday was a good day spent with my mom. We went to my cousin's son's wife's baby shower about 3.5 hours away. It was A LOT of driving, but a good afternoon visiting with family and a few new friends and mom and I had good conversations on our drive.

I need to get a few things done today to set myself up for the week ahead. I then plan on taking a little walk around the neighborhood and having a light dinner with DH and DS before settling in to a movie or a few more episodes of Chicago P.D. which we just started watching.

1691358688095.png

Today was not really a self-care day, as we've spent it (and yesterday) helping run the annual flea market at DH's lodge, and we're exhausted! (The event went well, though, so it's a happy tired.)

I did make sure to hydrate, and we're ordering dinner because we deserve not to cook :teeth: so I'll count those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter