--June 2018 Check-in Thread--

We’ve had a good day started at D.L. with MaxPass and did lots in Fantasyland and Frontierland. Headed to DCA til dinner time. Now back at D.L. for dinner and F!

We split into two group age-wise and did a lot. D.L. felt a lot busier than DCA.

We spent today at DCA and didn’t find it bad at all. But maybe I feel that way because I’m used to WDW crowds? We arrived for EMH rope drop and used maxpass. We did racers twice, the other rides in carsland twice, guardians twice, soarin, rapids, swings, jellyfish, flight school, two rides in bugsland, monsters inc, and saw frozen show and a few characters. Kids also played at that playground area. Sorry...still don’t know all names! We also never waited long for food. We left the park around 7pm because we were soaked from rapids and getting cold when sun went down!

Last edited:

We were at DCA today as well and I thought it was really busy. We didn't get there till 10 though. We were at Disneyland yesterday and I thought it was a lot less busy there.

We’ve had a great today though parks are definitely busy! Left later than I wanted for EMH-hard getting 7 people out the door-so skipped PP. we were able to get four FL rides in that first hour, and then steadily schedule rides using MP all day. Stayed at DL until noon or so then hopped over to DCA for a few hours. Busy! Waited almost 20 minutes for Heimlich, which seems like our cue for a break. Family rode Grizzly while I waited with 2 year old, then I rode and the three older kids rode again with rider swap. Sure was sweet walking straight back to the GCH after that.

Have some FPs booked this evening-IJ and Splash, though wondering if being there when it’s this crowded is a bad idea and I should switch to DCA?

Definitely got my hopes up for soft openings for Incredicoaster and the wheel of death as they were running off and on all last evening (we have an amazing view of them) but not likely, I know.

We’ve had a great today though parks are definitely busy! Left later than I wanted for EMH-hard getting 7 people out the door-so skipped PP. we were able to get four FL rides in that first hour, and then steadily schedule rides using MP all day. Stayed at DL until noon or so then hopped over to DCA for a few hours. Busy! Waited almost 20 minutes for Heimlich, which seems like our cue for a break. Family rode Grizzly while I waited with 2 year old, then I rode and the three older kids rode again with rider swap. Sure was sweet walking straight back to the GCH after that.

Have some FPs booked this evening-IJ and Splash, though wondering if being there when it’s this crowded is a bad idea and I should switch to DCA?

Definitely got my hopes up for soft openings for Incredicoaster and the wheel of death as they were running off and on all last evening (we have an amazing view of them) but not likely, I know.

We did about the same as you. Missed PP by a few minutes so did dumbo, Snow White, and Mr Toad. Headed over and did big thunder with rider swap, then splash with rider swap. 3 year old loved all of them. Then met Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore. Took a break around noon. Wife and son are going on grizzly river run right now. My son and I went on that last night right around when the parade was starting (walk on). It’s pretty crazy at night!! May just walk around a bit tonight and try to catch a few rides in bugs land. Want to see the neon lights turn on also!

I'll be at Disneyland 6/25 to 6/30...staying at a local AirBnB for the week...I just moved to Phoenix from Chicago, so this will be my 'local' park...when I get there on the 25th I'll decide if I get a 5-day pass or the cheaper Annual Pass...I do plan on visiting multiple times a year, so this might be totally worth it now...CAN'T WAIT!!!

DL busier than ive ever seen it tonight. Left the hotel to go in for our fastpasses-7 of us and a stroller fought our way through Adventureland to find IJ had just gone down. So trying to decide if we will stay and deal for awhile or retreat. We found a bench in frontier me with a little more space and ate some food so we may rally.

Last edited:
I'll be at Disneyland 6/25 to 6/30...staying at a local AirBnB for the week...I just moved to Phoenix from Chicago, so this will be my 'local' park...when I get there on the 25th I'll decide if I get a 5-day pass or the cheaper Annual Pass...I do plan on visiting multiple times a year, so this might be totally worth it now...CAN'T WAIT!!!

You can buy the ticket, then use it to upgrade to an annual pass if you are undecided.

Today was our first day and it was crazy. We got a lot done, but are already exhausted. Thank goodness for Maxpass, but we spent so much time and energy maneuvering through the crowds.

My 4 year old who rarely wants to eat anything away from home decided he wanted a corn dog while we were in DCA. It took almost 30 minutes to get from Mater's to Corn Dog Castle, then another 30 minutes in line. Not even joking. And there were probably only 15 parties ahead of us, so I don't know what was going on. The good news? We knocked Paint the Night out of the way without having to save a spot when there were openings with good views for my family to watch while I waited for the dang corn dogs.

I do think the APs opening up this week made a big difference. I would say 70%+ of the passes I saw being scanned (both for FP and DAS) were AP holders. We are still having fun, but I am going to have to re-adjust our touring plans... I don't think we could survive 4 more days like today.

We are about midway through our trip, but only on our 3rd Disney day. Spent Monday at DCA and yesterday at Disneyland. We’ve loved them both! Surprisingly, with early entry and max pass we’ve been on everything (some multiple times) except for one or two things. We’ve loved everything! Personally, I’ve like Disneyland rides better than disney world except for splash mountain. And haunted mansion is a toss up. Today we relax by the pool and head to dca for dinner and paint the night!

Thanks everyone for the updates, keep them coming! We have 4 more sleeps and then we drive to Disneyland. Getting very nervous because of the huge crowds that I'm hearing about but getting excited because it's Disneyland!! Packing my positive energy and a ton of patience. :love:

We only have 1 day at Disneyland and 1 day at DCA ( no park hoppers) what time do you suggest we start lining up for the fireworks? We want to see them on Main Street, family of 3. What time should we start lining up for PTN? We will be in the parks next Monday and Tuesday

Last edited:
Going to be our 3rd day at the park this week. Hopefully today isn't as crowded as the last 2 days. They've been miserable.

...We only have 1 day at Disneyland and 1 day at DCA ( no park hoppers) what time do you suggest we start lining up for the fireworks? We want to see them on Main Street, family of 3. What time should we start lining up for PTN? We will be in the parks next Monday and Tuesday

For fireworks viewing on Main Street, anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour should give you a great spot. Play it by ear depending on the crowds that day and when you start seeing the street fill up. We usually give it about half an hour and watch somewhere by the arcade. But Mondays are crowded days, so just be aware of where you want to be and when the crowds start getting to that point.
For PTN, that parade route is very long, so finding good viewing spots isn't too hard. If you want to be on the curb or in the front row (there isn't a curb along the entire route), 60-90 minutes should do it, depending on the crowds. Watch when people start holding spots, decide where you want to view, then take your spots. Some areas fill up much faster than other areas, so don't think that the entire route is full just because you see one section looking full. And if you can be in the second or third row, you can find spots with a half hour or, sometimes, even less time.

...It took almost 30 minutes to get from Mater's to Corn Dog Castle, then another 30 minutes in line. Not even joking. And there were probably only 15 parties ahead of us, so I don't know what was going on...
30 minutes for a typically 2 minute walk :eek:
The new system to order food through the Disneyland App might be slowing down the regular line, similar to how Fastpass makes the Standby line longer.

30 minutes for a typically 2 minute walk :eek:
The new system to order food through the Disneyland App might be slowing down the regular line, similar to how Fastpass makes the Standby line longer.

Yes, it was seriously nuts!! There was not a single person on the mobile order side! The only reason we didn't do that is all of our food money is on Disney gift cards.

The super weird thing was that the order placed to getting food process was very quick. They seemed to have a bunch of corn dogs made up and ready to go. But the wait to order was so dang slow! I wonder if something was bogging down their system..? My gift card did have to be re-scanned because it got an error message the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter