~June 27, 2009 Western, anyone?~

I checked our cruise yesterday and there are cabins open in almost every category, not GTY but real cabin numbers. I wonder if things will get even worse when the 75 day deadline hits?
I guess I would be hoping for a reduction in price but I'm not counting on it.
Some good friends went on a 2 week cruise around the Cape for Christmas. They had dirt cheap rates for a porthole room and an inside state room and then found out both rooms had been upgraded to balconies because they were sailing 500 people short of full capacity. They said they closed the deck where they were supposed to stay. (Star Princess).
Everyone else is dropping fares... let's hope... but if not... less people at bingo!:lmao:

On our last Disney Cruise in October, 2006 we decided to play Bingo as we were pulling in to Key West. Somehow we won 4 of the 5 rounds they played. I thought the other players were going to make us walk the plank. :scared:

On our last Disney Cruise in October, 2006 we decided to play Bingo as we were pulling in to Key West. Somehow we won 4 of the 5 rounds they played. I thought the other players were going to make us walk the plank. :scared:

So if I give you my KTTW card, will you buy my bingo cards???? ;)

I have been wondering the same thing!! This is our first cruise and I keep checking back and things haven't changed very much. We can't wait :cool1: and the disboards have been keep us sane during this terrible winter.

I'm here! Been busy with work and other stuff. Plus my family says they can't get excited until much closer. they are no fun...

We're still coming, just been pretty busy lately and haven't had time to check in. WE're also looking at shore excursions, my husband is looking at diving in Grand Cayman, guess that leaves me shopping! Can't really complain about that I guess!

Well... I'm glad to see that you all are still out there. I have been killing time reading the Disboards almost daily. At first I thought it would be good therapy, but all it has done has made me even more anxious.

I realized this morning at around 10:30 that in 17 weeks we would be in the DCL terminal holding a #2 or #3 boarding pass and I'll be acting like a 6 year old because I can't wait to board. :rolleyes1

Lou

118 days and counting!

Our family group of 10 has begun to plan excursions and such as well. We have already booked a Dolphin Swim in Cozumel. We booked directly thru Dolphin Discovery and we are totally psyched for the dolphins as well as to spend the day at Chankanaab Park. We plan to book a Palo dinner too.

Not sure if we'll book anything else. Times are tough financially (my DH is in real estate) so we may just do a little sightseeing on our own in KW and GC, some beach time and snorkeling at CC. If we can swing it, would love to do a stingray encounter either in GC (the 3 hr. with Captain Marvin's sounds very enticing) or at CC.

See everyone soon!!

118 days and counting!

Our family group of 10 has begun to plan excursions and such as well. We have already booked a Dolphin Swim in Cozumel. We booked directly thru Dolphin Discovery and we are totally psyched for the dolphins as well as to spend the day at Chankanaab Park. We plan to book a Palo dinner too.

Not sure if we'll book anything else. Times are tough financially (my DH is in real estate) so we may just do a little sightseeing on our own in KW and GC, some beach time and snorkeling at CC. If we can swing it, would love to do a stingray encounter either in GC (the 3 hr. with Captain Marvin's sounds very enticing) or at CC.

See everyone soon!!

We were thinking about the same Dolphin encounter in Cozumel. Which version did you book? When I was on their website it looked like they offered 4 different versions.

We're still coming, just been pretty busy lately and haven't had time to check in. WE're also looking at shore excursions, my husband is looking at diving in Grand Cayman, guess that leaves me shopping! Can't really complain about that I guess!

My DH & DS are also looking into Diving in the Caymans, proably will book through Disney. As I said before DD doesn't want to get off the ship so I might be looking for an afternoon shopping buddy (or margaritaville companion)

We were thinking about the same Dolphin encounter in Cozumel. Which version did you book? When I was on their website it looked like they offered 4 different versions.

We booked the Royal Swim for 12 noon and there are 8 of us participating, 4 adults, 4 kids. The price includes round-trip transportation by taxi from the port to the park, and park admission. The Royal Swim involves dolphin interaction (same as you get with Disney's dolphin encounter), plus swimming on the back of a dolphin, and a standing ride on the backs of two dolphins. Totally cool!!!

My DH & DS are also looking into Diving in the Caymans, proably will book through Disney. As I said before DD doesn't want to get off the ship so I might be looking for an afternoon shopping buddy (or margaritaville companion)

DH is booking through Disney for the dive also, so let's send them on their way, and then have some fun of our own!

Hi everyone - add another family to this chat! There are four of us sailing: me, DH, DS15, and DD13. This will be our fourth Disney cruise, although it's been a few years so it's the first time that we're cruising with teens.

We were originally booked to travel with a few other families, but everybody else needs to cancel. We too thought about backing out, mostly because our children love being with other families and were disappointed that our friends can't travel. But we love these cruises too much and have decided to stick with it. We have our flights and resort before the cruise all booked, so we're committed now!!

We're hoping to meet some other families in advance, especially anybody with young teens (our daughter just turned 13 and our son turns 15 shortly before we set sail). On our past cruises, our children loved being involved with all the youth activities and we're hoping that continues into the teen things this time around. There were times when we had to force them to join us for dinner and the evening show, after which they would head back to the kids' clubs.

Last time we cruised, we were on a Western itinerary and loved both the dolphin and stingray excursions. Not sure that we'll book them again, but highly recommend them.

It's been a couple years since I've poked around these cruise boards, so I think it's time for me to refresh my memory on all the cruising info - and I need to get familiar with everything that has changed! Things like advanced online reservations weren't available when we've cruised before.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all before our cruise!! I did this last time, and it was SO FUN getting to know a bunch of people online and then meeting them face-to-face at the port or on the ship. My children made friends in advance and we did too - very cool.

Hi everyone - add another family to this chat! There are four of us sailing: me, DH, DS15, and DD13. This will be our fourth Disney cruise, although it's been a few years so it's the first time that we're cruising with teens.

We were originally booked to travel with a few other families, but everybody else needs to cancel. We too thought about backing out, mostly because our children love being with other families and were disappointed that our friends can't travel. But we love these cruises too much and have decided to stick with it. We have our flights and resort before the cruise all booked, so we're committed now!!

We're hoping to meet some other families in advance, especially anybody with young teens (our daughter just turned 13 and our son turns 15 shortly before we set sail). On our past cruises, our children loved being involved with all the youth activities and we're hoping that continues into the teen things this time around. There were times when we had to force them to join us for dinner and the evening show, after which they would head back to the kids' clubs.

Last time we cruised, we were on a Western itinerary and loved both the dolphin and stingray excursions. Not sure that we'll book them again, but highly recommend them.

It's been a couple years since I've poked around these cruise boards, so I think it's time for me to refresh my memory on all the cruising info - and I need to get familiar with everything that has changed! Things like advanced online reservations weren't available when we've cruised before.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all before our cruise!! I did this last time, and it was SO FUN getting to know a bunch of people online and then meeting them face-to-face at the port or on the ship. My children made friends in advance and we did too - very cool.

Welcome Lady Lion. We're always glad to see more people on the thread! Me, DW, DD20, and DD15 will also be on our 4th Disney Cruise. DD15 is looking forward to finally being old enough for the Stack. Last time we cruised she was 12 and had a great time in what was formerly the business conference rooms. DD20 is looking forward to finally being able to use the "Adult Only" areas of the ship, but is bummed that she will be 11 months too young to partake in all adult activities.

It acually snowed about 2-3 inches in Newnan, GA (suburb 40 miles southwest of Atlanta). It was almost surreal watching it snow so much at one time. We even had thunder snow... quite bizzare!

I spent the day reading several LONG threads here on the Disboards. I guess it helped take the chill out for me. What it really did was make me even more anxious about our cruise. DW keeps reminding me that we still have 17 more weeks to go. :sad1:

Hi Lady Lion. Our kids may be a bit young to hang with yours, (dd11 and dd9) however, my dh is a Penn Stater (I went to Gettysburg) so we certainly need to hook up with you guys on the cruise and talk a little State College!

I am still here, kinda. We missed the wicked GA weekend weather. Snow & Tornadoes????

We were in Disney World instead celebrating DS's 16th birthday. Came home to find out a tornado touched down about a mile away from our new house. Thankfully, in a field, little damage.

And my friend in Macon said she was playing in the snow. :scared1:

Anyways, counting down the days still and making plans. Have ressie for Radison the night before. Going to go straight home from off the ship.
Made our kennel ressie for our dog, Buckeye. (Yep, OSU fans)

I am still here, kinda. We missed the wicked GA weekend weather. Snow & Tornadoes????

We were in Disney World instead celebrating DS's 16th birthday. Came home to find out a tornado touched down about a mile away from our new house. Thankfully, in a field, little damage.

And my friend in Macon said she was playing in the snow. :scared1:

Anyways, counting down the days still and making plans. Have ressie for Radison the night before. Going to go straight home from off the ship.
Made our kennel ressie for our dog, Buckeye. (Yep, OSU fans)

Lucky You... you missed all the weather fun. We had about 3 inches of snow on the ground north of you in Newnan (40 miles southwest of Downtown Atlanta). We even had thunder snow.

Hey newtandkaren - GREAT! Let's talk JoePa, stickies, JoePa, Peachy Paterno, JoePa, and white-outs!! Two Lions and a Buckeye on the same ship, go Big Ten.

Can't wait to meet everyone. From what I'm reading, looks like my DD13 will be in the 11-13 age group for youth activities, so maybe she'll hang with your DD11 after all. My daughter is pretty small so will probably look like she belongs with the younger kids.

Hey newtandkaren - GREAT! Let's talk JoePa, stickies, JoePa, Peachy Paterno, JoePa, and white-outs!! Two Lions and a Buckeye on the same ship, go Big Ten.

Can't wait to meet everyone. From what I'm reading, looks like my DD13 will be in the 11-13 age group for youth activities, so maybe she'll hang with your DD11 after all. My daughter is pretty small so will probably look like she belongs with the younger kids.

Love the Big Ten! Grew up in Ohio, traveling the US for the last 20 years with DH.
Our first DCL three years ago, DS thought he would go back to the ship and order room service and watch OSU play than hang out on CC. He is now the size of an OSU lineman. Hopes to play for any college team, but dreams of being a Buckeye.

Still trying to decide on excursions and spa treatments. I cannot make up my mind. I want them all (spa) and excursions I just have no clue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter