Just Back from BWV July 3-8

gtrist4life

Choose wisely
Hello everyone,

We just returned last night from another great Disney trip. Had plans to do an elaborate trip report, but have decided a shorter (for me) one is better. We were at the BWV July 3-8 and didn’t run into or meet any fellow Dis’ers. It was really crowded though.

Highlights –
The resort! – Everything about it, so glad this is our home resort.
Wishes – always good
Turtle Talk with Crush - everyone should see this!
Soarin – great attraction
Boma (and the rest of the food places) – Unbelievable deserts and atmosphere at AKL is amazing
Member Block Party – Lots of fun and free blinking light pins!
SpectroMagic – One of our favorites
Magical Express – Smooth from start to finish
The nice people - Quite a few special CMs, and hats off to everyone in our crew (10 of us) for trooping through the heat with no major meltdowns.
No rain – Except for some thunder and a few sprinkles on the 4th at Epcot

Lowlights -
The Heat – Take my advice (or just common sense) and don’t go to AKL after 1:00 pm when temp AND humidity is mid nineties – but we did get to see the Jammin Jungle Parade (very good) for the first time.
The Crowds – This was a lowlight we knew going in, and it was. When we checked in on the 3rd, the CM stated the BW was 100% booked. Epcot and MK reached capacity on the 4th. Lots of international groups and crowds. About ½ the crowds we saw were speaking a foreign language. Counted about 5-6 different flag leading-same T-shirt wearing groups with most from South America.
The rude people – They bumped, cutted, yelled at kids. I’m sure the heat had a lot to do with this, but it definitely dulls the magic.

Overall, we absolutely loved BWV and spending time with our family. This will definitely be our first choice when making future plans. All our group got along, were flexible, and the dinner reservations we made were perfect. We are so blessed to have the opportunity to be DVC members and share the magic; especially the flexibility to not go in the summer time again for a long time.

Peace,
G4L

Hi,

Great trip report!!!! Glad you had a good time.

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

G4L

Great Trip report

You know for some reason i always feel that AK is the hottest park. I'm sure its just in my head, the whole africa/asia theme but it just always seems so much more humid and hot in that park. We always try to go early and get out by 1ish.

I've never gone during peak season, how long were the lines for rides? I can't imagine being at one of the parks that shuts the doors becuz its full, thats amazing that that many people can be there at one time. I read they were doing a 'retro" thing with the fireworks at MK and MGM, did you get a chance to see either of those displays?

glad you had a nice trip

What is Turtle Talk with Crush? I haven't heard of this! Glad you had a nice time! BWV is our favorite WDW resort; can't wait to get back there in February!

Great report! I agree that AK always seems hot! Tell us more about your stay at the BWV's! Room size, location, the pool, where you ate...would love to hear more details as I haven't even taken my first trip home yet :)

I'm glad you had such a nice time. Thanks for telling us about it.

One of these days, we'll have to see AK's parade. AK is usually a morning park for us.

Bobbi :flower:

Just noticed that the post above was #1000 for me.I knew I was getting close but I forgot about it. I'm glad the post was on a thread about my beloved BWV! <TABLE borderColor=#ffffff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=95 bgColor=#ffffff borderColorLight=#000000 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=middle>BWV</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE borderColor=#ffffff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=95 bgColor=#ffffff borderColorLight=#000000 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=middle>DIS Boards DVC</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And here we thought Idratherbeinwdw was saving her 1000 for something
SPECIAL!!!!! :rotfl2:

The fireworks were spectacular, as Idratherbeinwdw has posted a link to a video of the Fourth of July specialworks on another thread...check it out . Awesome, Mar! (and that should have been your 1000 post BTW)

Glad you had a great time OP....yes, I remember the first time to AK...the glare off the ground was so hot I couldn't believe it. I wonder what it is?

I can't imagine going during the really hot crowded season...I know I was there several times in July in 'my past life', but in retrospect, I can't remember the heat or the crowds...must have been blinded by love, :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: IYKWIM

Happy to hear you had a great time. We left BWV on the 1st and it was starting to get very crowded at the pool in the afternoons. I figured it was getting busier because of the 4th of July weekend. BWV is our favorite!!

jiggerj, per your request, a few more details.

We were in non smoking, non handicapped 2BR and Studio – 3079, 3081, 3083 Clean with minor wear and tear. Std view of the entrance, not far from the elevators, which we requested.
Food stops – Most breakfasts were Pop tarts in the villa, with a couple of stops at the Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast sandwiches. All the ratings are based on 5 stars being highest.

Sun 7/3 Arrival Day – Dinner Big River Grill – Hazelnut encrusted chicken breast 5 stars – Mahi-Mahi sandwich 4 stars

Mon 7/4 – Lunch at UK pavilion – Fish and Chips 3 stars - Dinner at Le Cellier Mushroom Risotto Filets 5 stars

Tue 7/5 – Lunch at Dolphin Fountain – Chicago Dog and Grilled Chicken Sandwich – 3 stars - Dinner at Boma – 5+ stars

Wed 7/6 – Lunch at Luna Park Pool – Pizza from Spoodles? 4 stars – Dinner at Concourse Steakhouse – Filet 4 stars

Thurs 7/7 – Lunch at Quiet Pool – Hot Dogs from Leaping Horse Libations 2.5 stars
Early Dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table – Alpine Chicken 5 Stars – Pork Tenderloin 5 stars – Portobello Mushroom and Asparagus 2 stars

Fri 7/8 – Departure day - Lunch at Yacht Club Galley – Clam Chowder 4 stars – Grilled Chicken Sandwich 3 stars – Crabcake Sandwich 3 stars

Most food was good, but nothing topped Boma. Can't wait to go back.
Peace,
G4L

Thank you gtrist4life, I love details about the Boardwalk. Thank you for responding...it sounds WONDERFUL!!! I cant wait! :)

Hi :wave2: ,gtrist4life, thank you for the great trip report, as well as the great restaurant reviews :goodvibes !!
We have ADR`s at alot of the same restaurants. 30 days and counting until we`ll be @ BWV`s also!!!
Can`t wait!! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Great report. We love the Epcot resorts. So relaxing.......and close to Epcot. :goodvibes

Mouseclick1 - Talk with Crush is at the Living Seas in Epcot. It is a "live", unrehearsed animation where Crush can talk to the audience and answer questions. Kids love it, but so did I. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a great trip in spite of the summer heat/crowds.

I have noticed that AK is also a very hot park. I always go at opening and stay until about 1pm. I think it's hotter there because of all the foliage. Not much chance for a breeze to work it's way in.

Another BWV lover chiming in and saying thanks for the virtual visit home. I was right above you in 5081/5083 last December. It's a nice spot. I hope in March I'll be further down the hall to try it out down by the pond. I dont' care about the walk as long as I'm there!

The AK is a short day park for us also. We always seem to leave by 2pm. I've stayed for the parade only once. I was hoping to be there for the late closing this trip to see the park in dark, but we will be doing an Illuminations cruise instead, so maybe next time! Come to think of it, it probably won't even be dark by the time it closes..............

And Boma is our favorite restaurant on property! :love:

Glad you had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter