Just back from Germany and booked for Czech/Austria in 2009!

JsMom2

DIS Veteran
We just returned from an awesome "Once Upon a Fairytale" trip!! I cannot begin to describe how amazing these trips are!

We rebooked today for the "Fairytale Kingdoms" tour for June 2009!

To Stephanie and Jason in Germany....If you are reading this, thank you, thank you!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Wendy and Jasmine

We are glad you had such a wonderful trip. We were thinking of booking the Germany trip for 2009. Were there many teenaged children on the trip?
What were the ages of the kids on your trip? Would this be a trip best suited for younger children (5 to 10 years old) than older kids (12 to 17 years old)?
How were the hotel accommodations?
Thank you!

I am glad to see you enjoyed the trip .:goodvibes I booked this tour for 2009 also.:wizard:

OMG! Great minds think alike. My husband and I are on our way to the Fairytale Adventure next month and I booked the Storybook Kingdoms for next September.

Any and all details regarding your Germany visit would be much appreciated. How did you like the visit to Steiff? I understand you make a bear "head." Any "upgrade" options to pay more and make a teddy bear? I collect Steiff.

I also am going to Germany next year. This Sept. we are doing the Viva Italia. Last year we went to Ireland and loved it. I was able to get the early discount for the adults tour.
1whooper

We are glad you had such a wonderful trip. We were thinking of booking the Germany trip for 2009. Were there many teenaged children on the trip?
What were the ages of the kids on your trip? Would this be a trip best suited for younger children (5 to 10 years old) than older kids (12 to 17 years old)?
How were the hotel accommodations?
Thank you!

We had 14 adults and 15 Jr Adventurers. The kids ranged in age from 6-15. We had 3 6-7 year olds, 5 8-9 year olds, and 7 12-15 year olds (4 boys and 3 girls). The kids all bonded immediately, and even the teen boys had a great time. Yes there is a storybook theme, but there are enough gory tales from the past to keep everyone happy! And the teens loved the biking/archery day. The Criminal/Torture museum in Rothenberg is also a great place to visit during your free time. I think as long as you book during the mid-summer when most kids are out of school that you will have plenty of kids of all ages.

The hotels were wonderfu. They are all first-class. The castle in Trendelburg is of course different, but it's a treat to stay there. There is free internet in Heidelberg and Rothenburg. And indoor swimming pools in Heidelberg and Munich.

OMG! Great minds think alike. My husband and I are on our way to the Fairytale Adventure next month and I booked the Storybook Kingdoms for next September.

Any and all details regarding your Germany visit would be much appreciated. How did you like the visit to Steiff? I understand you make a bear "head." Any "upgrade" options to pay more and make a teddy bear? I collect Steiff.

You will love it! The visit to Steiff was very special. No, there's not an option to make an entire bear at this point because of the time it would take. But you can join the Steiff club while you're there for 20 Euros. And you get a free bear that sells for 40. So if you collect Steiff I would recommend that. You also can buy animals at the factory store for a discounted price.

I also loved the pretzel making at the bakery in Rothenburg. The baker is so welcoming and he felt like an old friend by the time we left.

Do wear comfortable shoes as you'll do a lot of walking. And bring something to do on the bus, as you may be on for a couple hours at a time. Also remember to bring something comfortable to bike in. Oh, and the final dinner in the Hofbrau House is in a private room upstairs. So it's a very wholesome environment.

I don't really want to talk too much more about the trip, because half of the fun is all the surprises during your adventure. But if you do have specific questions, feel free to ask.

Wendy

Wendy - yes, it was a wonderful tip. Can't believe I have been home over a month now. I am just as happy wth my bear head from Steiff. Don't think I would have had room in the suitcase for a whole bear. ;) I joined the Steiff Club also. Haven't heard anything from them as yet.

Haven't booked for 2009, as yet. But when I do, the $1,000 voucher from Delta I received to go on the next outgoing flight sure is going to come in handy. Am thinking about looking into "Spirit of America". But then again, I want to go to Ireland. Too many choices to make. :confused3

Glad you had a wonderful time. It is almost worth it to take the Germany trip again and take my two granddaughters this time. We'll see. :laughing:

Wendy - yes, it was a wonderful tip. Can't believe I have been home over a month now. I am just as happy wth my bear head from Steiff. Don't think I would have had room in the suitcase for a whole bear. ;) I joined the Steiff Club also. Haven't heard anything from them as yet.

Haven't booked for 2009, as yet. But when I do, the $1,000 voucher from Delta I received to go on the next outgoing flight sure is going to come in handy. Am thinking about looking into "Spirit of America". But then again, I want to go to Ireland. Too many choices to make. :confused3

Glad you had a wonderful time. It is almost worth it to take the Germany trip again and take my two granddaughters this time. We'll see. :laughing:

Kay,
How old are your granddaughters? I think the "Fairytale Kingdoms" will be great also. We are on the June 14th trip.

Wendy

Kay,
How old are your granddaughters? I think the "Fairytale Kingdoms" will be great also. We are on the June 14th trip.

Wendy

They are 2 and 5 now but next year with a year older would be great. The activities for the children are wonderful, as you know.

My two oldest that live in Alabama are 9 and 11. That would be a perfect trip for them.

I was looking into the "Fairytale Kingdoms" also.

They are 2 and 5 now but next year with a year older would be great. The activities for the children are wonderful, as you know.

My two oldest that live in Alabama are 9 and 11. That would be a perfect trip for them.

I was looking into the "Fairytale Kingdoms" also.

Well there's at least 1 10yr old girl already booked, and she loves to make new friends! ;)

My daughter princess: will be celebrating her 10th birthday on the Once Upon a Fairytale trip next August! We have never been to Germany and are very excited!

I loved your photos, thanks so much for sharing! Your daughter is smiling in every one, looks like she had a great time!

HI JSmom2
We did the same Germany trip on June 26th of this year. We loved it too. I loved your pictures (they are just like ours).
We also had a big group of kids on our trip from ages 7 to 16. They all got along and were friends from minute 1.
Stephanie and Jason were terrific.

Anyone planning this trip, if it's not too late, add an extra day in Munich. We didn't and wish we had.:love:

I am probably adding a day at the beginning (extra day in Heidelberg) but hadn't really thought about adding a day at the end (Munich). Can I ask you why you recommend this? It will just be my daughter princess: (10 years old when we travel) and myself. Thanks!

Loved the pictures. We were on this trip at the end of May. Looks like you had a clear day for Neuschwanstein. We had a very cloudy and rainy day and you couldn't see the castle until you were right next to it. I guess we will have
to go back.
We also had Stephanie and Jason. They were wonderful.

As for an extra day in Munich. We wish we had booked an extra day also. You really don't get enough free time to explore Munich. You get a walking tour from a local guide and a few hours on the two days to explore on your own. We would have liked the extra time.

I hoping to add an extra at the beginning of the trip . I prefer Heidelburg more than Munich. Never been to Heidelberg but have visited Munich.

Hey Bayside Mom
With just you and your 10 year old, it may be too much to add that extra day. We were pretty tired and ready to go home after 10 days, BUT, we didn't see much of Munich. You arrive there around 3pm the first day. You do a big city walking tour which was great. Then you have the evening free. We walked around, did some shopping (it poured, so we stayed in some big department stores for a while), had dinner and then pooped out. The next day is Neushwanstein. You don't get back from there until 3pm and then you have to be ready for dinner around 5:30. So we didn't do any museums. It was a great trip, but I don't feel like I got much out of Munich. I'll have to go back!

We just returned from an awesome "Once Upon a Fairytale" trip!! I cannot begin to describe how amazing these trips are!

We rebooked today for the "Fairytale Kingdoms" tour for June 2009!

To Stephanie and Jason in Germany....If you are reading this, thank you, thank you!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Wendy and Jasmine

If you don't mind my asking, did you receive a discount from Disney for being a returning adventurer?

HI JSmom2
Stephanie and Jason were terrific.

Anyone planning this trip, if it's not too late, add an extra day in Munich. We didn't and wish we had.:love:

Yes Stephanie and Jason are the best! I second the idea of adding a day in Munich. There's so much to see there!

I am probably adding a day at the beginning (extra day in Heidelberg) but hadn't really thought about adding a day at the end (Munich). Can I ask you why you recommend this? It will just be my daughter princess: (10 years old when we travel) and myself. Thanks!

An extra day in Heidelberg will help with the jet lag, so you can start fresh on Day 1 of the tour. It is definitely an active vacation! But there's lots to see in Munich, and you don't have much free time there.

If you don't mind my asking, did you receive a discount from Disney for being a returning adventurer?

I don't mind you asking at all! I also wondered the same thing, since I knew the 2009 itineraries would open up right before we got back. But no, there was no incentive to rebook within so many days of traveling, or any repeat passenger incentive.

We also had Stephanie and Jason. They were wonderful.
As for an extra day in Munich. We wish we had booked an extra day also. You really don't get enough free time to explore Munich. You get a walking tour from a local guide and a few hours on the two days to explore on your own. We would have liked the extra time.

Even a late flight out on the last day would help, if you can't stay an extra night. On our next trip we'll go to Prague a day early, and then take an evening flight home from Vienna.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter