Just Curious

nesser1981

DIS Veteran
We had a wonderful time last week, thanks for all the information! It really helped make our day at Universal/IOA run smoothly.

But, I'm just curious, I couldn't find a rumor thread like the Disney one about, anything new/exciting coming to Universal/IOA? We adore IOA, but Universal I wasn't my cup of tea, other than Diagon Alley, but I think that's more me, I'm not into the studio type of park, but I was wondering about the kids area, Barney, Fievel? Any updates planned? I couldn't even get my kids to go in there, LOL!

Last edited:
There are always rumours but Nintendoland just hasn't been announced. Unlike Disney, Universal doesn't tend to announce stuff until it is well into the building phase

If you look at the construction going on at IOA beside the HE Station, there is a new Harry Potter coaster going in that hasn't been given any info yet other than that it is a Harry Potter coaster.

There are other things going in as well. Fast and Furious should be opening soon. The old Terminator ride is also having something else put in which we have no details on.

Your kids probably would have had a lot of fun in the Curious George Ball Factory area. It is a great spot for kids of all ages.

Is Nintendo not announced? I saw an article in travel and leisure that said it was confirmed but maybe I’m remembering it wrong.

Universal has not announced it. It has just been said by the Nintendo owners that it will be coming to Universal Orlando at some point.

It has been announced and is being built at Universal Japan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter