Just got AKV for Christmas

ScottNBecky

DIS Veteran
Just an FYI to everyone, I just called this AM and got AKV Standard Studio for 12/23-12/28. They also had Savannah view available for those dates. I asked about the "Value" Room and was told they are not offering them at AKV at this time. So I am guessing that those views are only at the AKV to be built.

First, congratulations on snagging your reservation!:goodvibes

Second, it may be that not all the CMs in MS are aware that the values and the Concierge villas are supposed to be available on Dec.1!

Third, what's most probable is that MS won't make those reservations until June 27th (if AKV isn't a home resort). So, if a value villa is what you'd prefer, why not try calling back on the 27th and see if you can switch?

Also was able to get a 2 bdrm for 12/22 - 12/29 this morning - standard view.

Congrats on getting your reservation. I tried to get Dec 30-Jan 5 and all that was available was the 3-5 and DH hates to change rooms. Enjoy your trip.

After reading this thread last night.....this morning I told DH to call & try.
Well he got it!!

We've switched from SSR to AKL for Dec. 20-26 :banana: :banana:

I'm thinking of booking an AKV 2 Bedroom, but may try and save a little $ by going with a Standard. Anyone know the chances of being able to get a view of the Savannah when you book Standard. (50/50???)

I'm thinking of booking an AKV 2 Bedroom, but may try and save a little $ by going with a Standard. Anyone know the chances of being able to get a view of the Savannah when you book Standard. (50/50???)
Zero. Standard View rooms have a view of something other than a savanna: pool, garden or parking lot in Kidani, pool area in Jambo.

Zero. Standard View rooms have a view of something other than a savanna: pool, garden or parking lot in Kidani, pool area in Jambo.

Thank's
Have you stayed in both -savannah and standard?

If so would you say savannah is worth $500 more for a 5 night stay?

Actually splitting it with my DM (I'm new is that short for Disney Mom)so it would only be $250 more for us.

Yeah no chance. We have stayed in Both Sav and Standard view rooms. If it is your first time at AKL I suggest a Sav. view room. If you have stayed there before it isnt as critical. I will say that there are plenty of places throughout the resort to view the animals so if you are not planning on spending a ton of time in your room, it may be worth it to go with the Standard and save the $. AKL is wonderful and just being in there no matter the view makes the trip for us. We actually have booked Standard for Christmas to save $, as we just enjoy the resort itself.

Thank's
Have you stayed in both -savannah and standard?

If so would you say savannah is worth $500 more for a 5 night stay?

Actually splitting it with my DM (I'm new is that short for Disney Mom)so it would only be $250 more for us.
I haven't stayed at AKV yet but I have stayed at AKL several times, always in a savanna view room. We love watching the animals from the balcony and spend a lot of time doing just that. DH loves sitting on the balcony in the evening with a glass of wine just taking in the view, (there is artificial moonlight on the savanna so you can see the animals that are close to your room at night).

Yes there are many places around the resort where you can go see the animals, but for me, I never get over the excitement when I look out the sliding glass doors and see that the giraffes are nearby! So for me, yes, absolutely, savanna view is worth it!

I haven't stayed at AKV yet but I have stayed at AKL several times, always in a savanna view room. We love watching the animals from the balcony and spend a lot of time doing just that. DH loves sitting on the balcony in the evening with a glass of wine just taking in the view, (there is artificial moonlight on the savanna so you can see the animals that are close to your room at night).

Yes there are many places around the resort where you can go see the animals, but for me, I never get over the excitement when I look out the sliding glass doors and see that the giraffes are nearby! So for me, yes, absolutely, savanna view is worth it!
Ditto to everything she said. :)

I asked about the "Value" Room and was told they are not offering them at AKV at this time. So I am guessing that those views are only at the AKV to be built.

I have a reservation for a value studio in Jambo in June.

I just booked a one bedroom AKV concierge for a week in Feb - want to be there for my birthday and leap year! Does anyone know if this room will have any view? Used my developer points - it's like icing on the cake!:banana: :banana:

I just booked a one bedroom AKV concierge for a week in Feb - want to be there for my birthday and leap year! Does anyone know if this room will have any view? Used my developer points - it's like icing on the cake!:banana: :banana:
Congratulations! Concierge consists of a total of five 2BR lockoffs. Three of them face the Sunset Savanna, the other two face the pool area. So your odds of a savanna view are 60%, slightly better than 50/50. You can request a savanna view, but it's not guaranteed.

Who would you contact to request a view, IPO or MS?
Thanks
Mention any requests you have to MS when you make the reservation. Remember that a request is just that -- a request. It's not guaranteed. And in this case in particular (concierge) I expect everybody is requesting savanna view and only just over half of those in concierge are going to get it.

What is IPO?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter