Just got AKV for Christmas

Lisa -
IPO is iterinerary planning office. It's the pre-planning office for concierge guests.

What's the pool like at AKV?

Another vote for Savannah w/ kids. The excitement of watching them discover a certain animal is close to our room is always priceless.

My kids love the pool. It has a cute slide that is fun enough for the 7-11 range, but not too scarey for most little ones--especially w/ a life vest and adult they know at top & bottom. Mara (one of my favorite quick service restaurants is close) and so is a pool bar of course.

They have activities around the pool. The kids can do games & do a hunt and earn beads for a thingee you could make into a bracelet, keychain, etc. We didn't do this the 1st time we stayed but last time we made sure to have a full day of just hanging out at the resort.

The flamingos are near by the pool. Don't miss when they feed them. They're also a savannah near the pool where we once found a CM w/ a night vision scope (closer to the hot tub). That was very cool!!

You'll love it!!! Have a great trip!

Another vote for Savannah w/ kids. The excitement of watching them discover a certain animal is close to our room is always priceless.

My kids love the pool. It has a cute slide that is fun enough for the 7-11 range, but not too scarey for most little ones--especially w/ a life vest and adult they know at top & bottom. Mara (one of my favorite quick service restaurants is close) and so is a pool bar of course.

They have activities around the pool. The kids can do games & do a hunt and earn beads for a thingee you could make into a bracelet, keychain, etc. We didn't do this the 1st time we stayed but last time we made sure to have a full day of just hanging out at the resort.

The flamingos are near by the pool. Don't miss when they feed them. They're also a savannah near the pool where we once found a CM w/ a night vision scope (closer to the hot tub). That was very cool!!

You'll love it!!! Have a great trip!

Thank you
I am soooooo excited we have just decided to book at AKV Savannah view. At first DH tried to talk me out of Savannah view to save $$$, but then after more discussion he decided it was worth it. I can not wait to see the expression on DD's and DS's face. I'm getting the warm and fuzzies just thinking about it right now. And the pool they are going to LOVE. :love:
We are spending 5 nights there and I may have to think about a full day just at the AKV. We may spend the day we arrive there and the day we are leaving there. I'm sure they have changing rooms that we can use for that last day that we are there.

Recreation
The primary source of recreation at Animal Kingdom Lodge is its 11,000 square foot pool. Located off the Uzima Savannah, the pool has many places to explore. There are two-eighteen person Jacuzzis located on either side of the pool. Between them is small playground, and a small alcove that overlooks the Flamingo area of the Uzima Savannah. Often times at night, you will find Thompson's Gazelles and/or Zebra in this area, drinking from the watering hole.
The pool area is expansive, with an abundance of lounges surrounding all areas of the pool. There is also a fairly good sized pool bar as well.

Sounds Awesome

For more info go to:
http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/resorts/AKLodge/rec.htm

Thank you
I am soooooo excited we have just decided to book at AKV Savannah view. At first DH tried to talk me out of Savannah view to save $$$, but then after more discussion he decided it was worth it. I can not wait to see the expression on DD's and DS's face. I'm getting the warm and fuzzies just thinking about it right now. And the pool they are going to LOVE. :love:
We are spending 5 nights there and I may have to think about a full day just at the AKV. We may spend the day we arrive there and the day we are leaving there. I'm sure they have changing rooms that we can use for that last day that we are there.

OK one moment I'm full of excitement, relief, and anticipatipation and the next moment I feel BLAHHHHHHHHHHH. Well we did decide on AKV 2 BDRM Savannah and the owner I am renting from thought I had a reservation and now there is a problem. Apparently they can only book AKV 7mos out. She said that she is an owner at AKV, so then it should be 11mos out. I hope this is rectified. What a BIG let down!:mad:

OK one moment I'm full of excitement, relief, and anticipatipation and the next moment I feel BLAHHHHHHHHHHH. Well we did decide on AKV 2 BDRM Savannah and the owner I am renting from thought I had a reservation and now there is a problem. Apparently they can only book AKV 7mos out. She said that she is an owner at AKV, so then it should be 11mos out. I hope this rectified. What a BIG let down!:mad:

They may have added on points at AKV which technically makes them an owner, but ifit isn't enough points I believe they still fall under the 7 month window. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Also, for others, the valuerooms also have a chance at Savannah Views. Value just means a slightly smaller room in sq. ft.

Also, for others, the valuerooms also have a chance at Savannah Views. Value just means a slightly smaller room in sq. ft.

Somebody else told me that the Value Rooms have a pool, garden,or parking lot view and have no chance of a savannah view, wheras the Standard rooms have various views some of which are savannah, so if you request it when you check into your Standard room, you might get it. We want to be sure we get a savannah so are going to book Savannah View. At least we are going to try to.

They may have added on points at AKV which technically makes them an owner, but ifit isn't enough points I believe they still fall under the 7 month window. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
QUOTE]

I have one other AKV owner that is willing to help me but she said that she will have to bank points to be able to do this for me since all of her 2008 points are gone. Do you think she will run into the same problem as the other owner by using "banked points" ?
Can "banked points" be used at 11 mos out?

Somebody else told me that the Value Rooms have a pool, garden,or parking lot view and have no chance of a savannah view, wheras the Standard rooms have various views some of which are savannah, so if you request it when you check into your Standard room, you might get it. We want to be sure we get a savannah so are going to book Savannah View. At least we are going to try to.
I think you are confusing the Standard View villas with the Value villas.

Standard View rooms have a view of something other than a savanna, so at Kidani that will be pool, garden or parking lot, at Jambo it will be pool view. There is no chance of a savanna view from a Standard View room.

The Value villas are smaller (studio: 50 sq ft, 1BR: 80 sq ft, 2BR: 130 sq ft) and accommodate fewer people in the 1BRs (4 vs 5) and 2BRs (8 vs 9) because they do not have a sleeper chair in the living area. The view from a Value will be savanna, pool or parking lot. You can request a savanna view when you book a Value room but it is not guaranteed.

If you want to be absolutely sure you will get a savanna view, then you should book a Savanna View room.

OK one moment I'm full of excitement, relief, and anticipatipation and the next moment I feel BLAHHHHHHHHHHH. Well we did decide on AKV 2 BDRM Savannah and the owner I am renting from thought I had a reservation and now there is a problem. Apparently they can only book AKV 7mos out. She said that she is an owner at AKV, so then it should be 11mos out. I hope this rectified. What a BIG let down!:mad:
Sorry to hear about the booking issues. I suspect what is happening is that the AKV owner is using "developer points" for the reservation rather than AKV points. I think developer points can only be used at the 7-month window. The only points that can be used at the 11-month window are AKV points.

I think you are confusing the Standard View villas with the Value villas.

Standard View rooms have a view of something other than a savanna, so at Kidani that will be pool, garden or parking lot, at Jambo it will be pool view. There is no chance of a savanna view from a Standard View room.

The Value villas are smaller (studio: 50 sq ft, 1BR: 80 sq ft, 2BR: 130 sq ft) and accommodate fewer people in the 1BRs (4 vs 5) and 2BRs (8 vs 9) because they do not have a sleeper chair in the living area. The view from a Value will be savanna, pool or parking lot. You can request a savanna view when you book a Value room but it is not guaranteed.

If you want to be absolutely sure you will get a savanna view, then you should book a Savanna View room.

Thank you for the info. I've been trying to look up alot of info on AKV and I find I keep learning something new at every turn. I've seen your postings a lot ~ I've noticed cuz I keep clicking the links to your picts ~ thanks for the picts

Sorry to hear about the booking issues. I suspect what is happening is that the AKV owner is using "developer points" for the reservation rather than AKV points. I think developer points can only be used at the 7-month window. The only points that can be used at the 11-month window are AKV points.

Thanks again, yes suspect that too, but she hasn't told me that yet. I have another person willing to use points that she has banked since she used up all of her 2008 points. I hope she can come through if the other can't.

Thanks again, yes suspect that too, but she hasn't told me that yet. I have another person willing to use points that she has banked since she used up all of her 2008 points. I hope she can come through if the other can't.

Ok I'm going with the alternate owner. Cross your fingers for me.
The other person said there was a computer glitch with her points that needed to be worked out and didn't know how long it would take.

:goodvibes

We just booked for March 2008 and tried to use our Developer points, but were told that those are only being allowed to book at a 7 mo. window at any resort. So we were forced to use our 2008 AKV points.

Thanks we are calling back at the 7 mo. mark (later this month) to switch our ressie to use our Dev. points then we can get the AKV points back into our account to use for Christmas 08

Just be careful when they say banked. Once points are banked, they cannot be used until the following year.

Ok I'm going with the alternate owner. Cross your fingers for me.
The other person said there was a computer glitch with her points that needed to be worked out and didn't know how long it would take.

:goodvibes

Just be careful when they say banked. Once points are banked, they cannot be used until the following year.

We are going to AKV!
The banked points worked!
Can't wait
I'm so excited I've added a Ticker to my Signature!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter