Just made my first HH ressie!

Margie J

<font color=navy>Please <font color=red>DON'T <fon
I'm so excited! I'll be there at the end of April-beginning of May.

From previous posts I know it will be hot but I like that. Now, I need to plan the rest of the vacation.

I'm looking into flying to Savannah and either renting a car or taking a van/bus to HH. I'm leaning towards the car, so I can explore the island easier. Any thoughts on this or things I should see/do would be welcomed.

Maybe I'll even fit in a short trip to WDW too. My AP expires on 4/30.

You probably will want to rent a car. HH has no full service restaurant, so you will have to leave the resort for anything you do not fix yourself or obtain at the pool snack facilities.

There are a mix of resturants right across the bridge from the complex walking distance. So you don't HAVE to have a car. But I would suggest you rent one. There is so much to do and see. A car would make it so much easier. You can also fly into HH. Sometimes they run special airfare to fly to the island. But Savannah is only 1/2 hour away.

We were at HH last January. We all agreed that a car is mandatory. The places that we wanted to visit and the best restaurants were all more than walking distance away.

The car rental set-up at the Savannah airport is very efficient and the trip to the island is not difficult.

Have a great trip.

:) :)

Unless you're ready to ride a bicycle, a rental car is really a good idea. I flew into Savannah last January and picked up a car...no problems at all. Just drive out of the airport and drive to I-95 and head north. Get off at exit 8 and welcome home. Do not take the Cross Island toll bridge when you get on the Island, take the Wm Hilton Parkway instead.

As far as activites, golf, bicycling, walking on the beach, and the most popular activity seems to be the dolphin cruises. There are many to choose from.

DVC Hilton Head Member since 1997
My DVC Hilton Head Resort Page

Tommy,

I LOVE your web site! :D It had lots of the info I was looking for.

Thanks everyone for your comments so far. In fact, I just reserved a car with National. Now, the plane tickets are next.

I think this looks like a great place. OKW will always be "Home" but I love to see the rest of the "World" too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter