Kayleigh and Josh - 2012 **Japan/??/UK** {Mock up of invitation}

kayleighnik

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

First of all, let me introduce myself! My name is Kayleigh - I'm 20 years old and I live in the East Midlands, England, with my DM, DB and DF, Josh. I'm currently waiting for my A-Level exam results and, hopefully, in September I should be going to university to study Law :woohoo:

I have a physical disability which limits my mobility sometimes...so don't be too surprised if I mention not being able to walk today etc, or post pictures of me on crutches or in a wheelchair - especially at WDW :wizard:

My DF, Josh, is almost 21, and currently works in a supermarket. He's not yet decided what he would like to do as a career, but is thinking about applying to the police. That, or computers, game programming, astronaut, deep sea diver, pirate...:rolleyes:

We've been together since I was 15..its been a long and rough road, to be honest, so I'm not going to post all the details as some of them are bad memories. We've split up several times, though never for long. I thought it was finally over, but in February earlier this year, Josh wrote me a 6-page letter. After seeing that he had completely changed - he finally decided that I was more important than his friends, games, going out etc - I decided to give him one more chance. That was the best decision I have ever made. He asked me to marry him a couple of times before I finally said yes, on March 1st 2008 :cloud9:

We've kept it quite quiet for a number of reasons. Firstly, we know a lot of people doubt that it will last because we're still too young in their eyes and secondly, because of all that we've been through. Secondly, neither of us are too happy about being in the limelight - though that will definately have to change for the wedding! :eek:

I can't really talk to my Mom about the wedding as her last response when she saw I was looking into it was 'It's far away...things change...you might break up...again." She is planning on marrying her fiance (who I don't get along with at all) in March so I just replied "So could you and Nigel" and walked off. So, really, I have no one - apart from one friend - to talk to about it at the moment. DF is being particularly male about it, and is leaving it all up to me more or less :scared:

That gets me onto the details. We won't be getting married for some time...at least 2011/2012...as we need time to save up for it, and I want to finish university before we do. But, although it means I've got a long time to wait, it means everything can be planned perfectly...so, if you're joining my PJ, you'll get lots of details and be with me from the very start to the very end! popcorn::

This is me:

175254.jpg

I don't have any photos of DF and I together at the moment, as this is a new laptop, but I'll try and get some!

So...there it is...for now! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

TTFN :cheer2:

Kayleigh :bride:

Hello there!! Welcome to the boards :hug: Congratulations on your engagement :wizard: I can't wait to hear all about your plans - having a few years to plan is great because you get to enjoy everything and take your time picking things so you'll know everything is just right :thumbsup2 There are lots of lovely ladies on here who will constantly be interested in you and your plans - so dont worry, you now have lots of people to natter too - you are in the right place :goodvibes

Just because people split up for a while doesnt mean they cant make it work in the future - the fact you get back together time & time again shows you have a strong bond that wont go away, and if you ask me - that bond is an important part of a marriage!! So, I say, be happy no matter what anyone says, its your life and if this is your choice you just have to follow your heart, otherwise you will resent the people who changed your mind as you'll never have known what could have been. Yes, you may be young - but its not like you are running down the aisle tomorrow ;) Take your time, think about everything and just enjoy your relationship, being engaged and planning your dream day.

So come on, tell us more about the proposal popcorn::

Yay, you got it set up! I can't wait to see how your plans shape up as time goes.

You and your DF really do seem like another version of me and mine. :rotfl: We're both going to finish college before marriage, but he changes career choices often, too! I guess that's the beauty of being young, that you have so many options ahead of you. And we had a couple of months last year when we were broken up, but got back together for good this past Feb. as well.

And I totally agree that it is great having so much time to plan exactly what you want for your wedding. More time to savor the joy as it approaches! That's why I'm not a fan of short engagements unless there's a particular reason the wedding needs to be hurried. Hopefully it'll be the only time in your life that you're engaged, so why not enjoy it to the fullest?

Looking forward to seeing your wedding ideas!

There are lots of lovely ladies on here who will constantly be interested in you and your plans - so dont worry, you now have lots of people to natter too - you are in the right place

:yay: I think I'm doing DF's head in with all the girly wedding planning! So it'll be :wizard: to have lots of people to natter with! :goodvibes

Just because people split up for a while doesnt mean they cant make it work in the future - the fact you get back together time & time again shows you have a strong bond that wont go away, and if you ask me - that bond is an important part of a marriage!!

I think the split did us the world of good because before we'd maybe gotten into a routine that wasn't fantastic and we took advantage of and didn't appreciate one another...we do now! It made us realise we do *really* want to be together :lovestruc

Yes, you may be young - but its not like you are running down the aisle tomorrow Take your time, think about everything and just enjoy your relationship, being engaged and planning your dream day.

I was just at my Dad's house...and he was like how about the year 2020! I said that 2012 is four years away...by then I'll hopefully have an LL.B and an LL.M so I won't exactly be too young. He also said...why rush into things? I think the problem is that people are only hearing the 'wedding' and 'marrying' part of it...and not how far away it is! We've been together five years already...you only get to live once. Why waste it?

Yay, you got it set up! I can't wait to see how your plans shape up as time goes.

:yay: Thanks for visiting! I've got loads of ideas already, so I'll post those asap!

You and your DF really do seem like another version of me and mine. We're both going to finish college before marriage, but he changes career choices often, too! I guess that's the beauty of being young, that you have so many options ahead of you. And we had a couple of months last year when we were broken up, but got back together for good this past Feb. as well.

We really are twins!! Glad you're back together for good too!

The engagement...was quiet. Josh used to tease me about how he'd embarrass me by doing it somewhere really busy or in front of the whole of my family...and I told him if he did I'd get him back by saying no! :rotfl: It was actually late evening of February 29th...but I don't know if it had tipped over midnight so we decided to say we got engaged on March 1st :laughing: Better than only having an engagement anniversary once every four years!

Anyway...everyone had gone out, so it was just us in the house. We'd gotten a chinese takeaway and having a movie night...including Shrek 3! Anyway, the film had just finished and Josh just asked me. He said he was trying to wait for at least two weeks before he asked me (for the third time) but that he couldn't wait any longer and just asked me if I'd marry him..I think he expected me to say no again, *** he looked shocked when I said yes! Sorry it isn't explained very well...it all went quite quickly! But it was perfect for me...just what I wanted...just the two of us. :cloud9:

Here's a picture of the ring I have

4541715.jpg

I love it :love: It's simple, which I love, and quite unusual in the layout I think. I view it as the two ends of the ring being connected by the bit in the middle...so two people joining together to create their own life as one, basically

Kayleigh

:laughing: Men, they really dont understand us do they when it comes to wedding planning, bless em ;) It's great on here, you get to pick up hints n tips and also have a good giggle at the same time :goodvibes

I totally agree, sometimes seperating for a while can do couples the world of good as they are forced to realise what life would be like without the other and whether they could cope with that and it does in some ways make you grow up a bit and make decisions for the better. I know thats happened in our case anyway! Now we are like glue :thumbsup2 We've been together 7 years this august and engaged for 3 years by the time the wedding comes. We've been through loooooooots of bad times but have had just as many good times and the fact we are still standing shows alot about how much we can for each other & what we are willing to do so that we can be happy together :cloud9:

You're definately right, people normally do just hear the 'wedding & marriage' part and not the time part, just keep reminding them when they start to moan and it will soon sink in ;)

Awww your engagement sounds lovely :hug: Nice and personal, just the way it should be :goodvibes Your ring is beautiful!!! And I totally love the story behind it 'two people joining together to create their own life as one' - thats really sweet :love:

You started your PJ! And off to an awesome start! Your ring is gorgeous!:thumbsup2

DBF and I have also split up before and I can honestly say it just made us stronger. We're still working through our problems but (as completely cliche as this may sound) it's so much more rewarding to work through them together :hug: . From your story, it's very obvious that you and your DF love each other every much and are willing to sacrifice a lot for each other! That's always the most important part of any relationship :goodvibes .

I wish you and your DF the best and I can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Thanks guys :goodvibes

Here's some details/ideas for you all :wizard:

Guests: We have no idea as to how many guests we will be having, except that it will be more than 18. Between us, we have 4 parents, 4 near-enough step-parents, 4 brothers, 1 near-enough step-brother and 2 near-enough step-sisters...so thats 15 already. I know my Nan and uncle would definately come, making 17. I've also got one BM lined up so far, taking it to 18. I have a very large extended family and I'm pretty sure many of those will want to attend so it could be upwards of 35 people. The last holiday we went on, to Mexico, 21 of us went and that was just my Mom's side of the family...and not even all of them :eek:

Ceremony: Japan, Epcot
Japan is my favourite place in the whole of WDW, so I can't really imagine having it anywhere else. DF also loves anything Japanese so this location is perfect really :thumbsup2

wedlocj2.jpg

Reception: :confused:
Absolutely no idea - mostly because of the lack of guest numbers

Dessert Party: UK Terrace, Epcot
I think a dessert party for IllumiNations would be a lovely way to round off the day :woohoo:

Colours: Black, pink and white/silver
Black and pink is my favourite colour combination and the white/silver would be in there to break it up a little bit :lovestruc

Theme: Cherry blossom
This would fit in with the ceremony in Japan, and also the colour scheme. I first had the thought when I saw a fan with a cherry blossom pattern on it, and I was hooked on the idea :rolleyes:

large_EB-CHRRYBLSSM-FNS.jpg

More coming up soon! popcorn::

Kayleigh

Hi Kayleigh! Your colors will be gorgeous and I really like the cherry blossom theme! Very pretty and creative! :thumbsup2

^ Thanks! :goodvibes

Invitations

At the moment, we're not sure if we're going to buy the invitations, or make them ourselves. We want to send the invitations at least a couple of years in advance, so that everyone knows about the wedding and can save up if they are planning on attending. I know we won't be able to tell them the exact date, but we can at least give them a ballpark date for the time being.

I'd like the invitations to be black, pink and white/silver and have some cherry blossom design on them. We're thinking along the lines of...

Invitation 1
cherrylarge.jpg

Invitation 2
blackpinkcherryblossom.gif

Invitation 3
choccherrylarge.jpg

The only problem with making the invitations would be the cherry blossom, I think. Maybe I could find a stamp somewhere? It would be a lot cheaper to make them, but more time consuming, and I don't know how much time I'll have with uni, part-time job etc :headache: Any ideas?

Which of the invitations do you like?

For our 'save the dates', or maybe to accompany the invitations :confused3, I was thinking of doing a DVD. I've got a mock one made up on MS Powerpoint. It currently plays to One Family from Tarzan, as I love that song :lovestruc

Here's the front page of it (the quality is much better in powerpoint, so I don't know why it saved like that when I snipped it :confused3)
joshandkayleighfront.jpg

Hmm...instead of doing it for the save the dates, I could use it as an 'information pack' maybe?

As you can see....I'm completely lost with so many options! :confused:

Its a good job I've got so long - I think I might need it! :headache:

Kayleigh

WOW! All your ideas are so pretty - I think it's going to look gorgeous once its all put together!! I love the Japanese and cherry blossom ideas!! We are having our dessert party in Japan so I'll make sure I get some good photos for you ;) All those invites are really cute, My favourtite is Invitation # 1 - I love the colour and detailing - I think some glittery butterflies would look very pretty aswell. Maybe you could put them on the envelope of the invites you were passing over by hand and not post?? Those little fans are VERY pretty, I've always stopped and 'ooood' at those when I've seen them on favor websites!! :surfweb:

Hi Kayleigh!

I love all your ideas! And congratulations on being enagaged!

I'm not enagaged yet, but we'll be having a long engagement when we do, as we won't be getting married until 2011 either. We want the chance to save up for the wedding of our dreams, give our guests the chance to save up, and I want to finish my studies first too!

Which Uni were you planning on going to? I teach Law (Contract and Tort) at an UK University, and I'm also 1yr through my Ph.D in Law at the mo.

It's a good idea to send out the Save the Dates, etc. early IMO - I plan on sending STDs out about 2years in advance so people will know we are planning on getting married in Florida and will give them plenty of notice to save up.

Looking forward to seeing what else you have planned :)

We are having our dessert party in Japan so I'll make sure I get some good photos for you

Thanks - that'd be great! There aren't many photos around of Japan being used for a ceremony or dessert party :confused3

I think some glittery butterflies would look very pretty aswell. Maybe you could put them on the envelope of the invites you were passing over by hand and not post??

Oooh....pink glittery butterflies. Thats a really cute idea. That would work - one could sit on the cherry blossom somewhere. I could hand deliver a lot of my invites, but some would be going to Kent and Scotland, and elsewhere in the UK, so I'm not sure about those ones. But thanks for the great idea! :thumbsup2

Which Uni were you planning on going to? I teach Law (Contract and Tort) at an UK University, and I'm also 1yr through my Ph.D in Law at the mo.

I should hopefully be going to Derby Uni...I got offers from Derby, Leicester, Nottingham and Hull, but chose Derby because of the support offered and the practical skills based units. I love Law - I did it for A Level :lovestruc

Kayleigh

Thanks - that'd be great! There aren't many photos around of Japan being used for a ceremony or dessert party :confused3

Oooh....pink glittery butterflies. Thats a really cute idea. That would work - one could sit on the cherry blossom somewhere. I could hand deliver a lot of my invites, but some would be going to Kent and Scotland, and elsewhere in the UK, so I'm not sure about those ones. But thanks for the great idea! :thumbsup2

Kayleigh

No problem, I'll try and dig out the Japan photos I've collected during my planning and send them over to you aswell :thumbsup2 It is really hard to find example photos of that location ... I know someone on here recently had their ceremony there, and I seem to think they posted some photos on here too but I cant remember who it was :sad2:

Sitting on the cherry blossom would look so cute!! Perfect :thumbsup2

Aww, I know one of the lecturers in Nottingham, she's in the same field as me :)

I really enjoyed my LLB, some boring bits, but on the whole a great course - must have been to make me stay at Uni! It goes so quickly though, so enjoy it!!

If you need any help with anything, esp. contract or tort!, but in the meantime, I'll just sit back and enjoy your PJ :teeth:

Sitting on the cherry blossom would look so cute!! Perfect :thumbsup2

I've been looking for some butterflies and I haven't found any that really jump out at me, apart from these http://www.thelastdetail.co.uk/wedding-shop/wedding-list.php/sub_category_id/27/butterflies but they're £14 for 24! Maybe I could try making some. I was thinking, if the envelopes/invites are black and pink, of putting silver ones on. Or if they're pink/silver, of putting black ones on... :confused3

No problem, I'll try and dig out the Japan photos I've collected during my planning and send them over to you aswell It is really hard to find example photos of that location ... I know someone on here recently had their ceremony there, and I seem to think they posted some photos on here too but I cant remember who it was

Thanks again! DF has never been to WDW :scared1: so hasn't really got a clue of the location I'm thinking of :rolleyes1

I really enjoyed my LLB, some boring bits, but on the whole a great course - must have been to make me stay at Uni! It goes so quickly though, so enjoy it!!

If you need any help with anything, esp. contract or tort!, but in the meantime, I'll just sit back and enjoy your PJ

Thanks! :goodvibes :woohoo:

Kayleigh

I just thought I'd share my 'theme board' with you

themepage1.jpg

It doesn't have much black on it because I was focusing on the pink really :rolleyes: But you get the jist of things I think. I'm thinking black BM's dresses with pink accents, instead of the other way round, but we'll see...:confused3

Kayleigh

I've been looking for some butterflies and I haven't found any that really jump out at me, apart from these http://www.thelastdetail.co.uk/wedding-shop/wedding-list.php/sub_category_id/27/butterflies but they're £14 for 24! Maybe I could try making some. I was thinking, if the envelopes/invites are black and pink, of putting silver ones on. Or if they're pink/silver, of putting black ones on... :confused3

Those are really pretty, but quite expensive! I've been looking on ebay for them, I'm going to be using some aswell for my fairytale garden theme. Here are some photos of the cute ones I've seen they are about £4 for 10!! I'm not sure what size you are wanting though?? There are all sorts of different colours & shades - you could always mix n match - get a few of each colour that you like :thumbsup2

PinkButterflies3.jpg

PinkButterflies2.jpg

PinkButterflies1.jpg

I'm also going to get these to put inside my lanterns, they might look pretty with your stuff too :thumbsup2

PinkButterflyTeaLights.jpg

Thanks again! DF has never been to WDW :scared1: so hasn't really got a clue of the location I'm thinking of :rolleyes1

Kayleigh

:eek: He's never been before?? He is going to love every minute of it!! We've only been once before, the wedding will be our second trip - so we are still newbies in some ways too :laughing:

I totally LOVE everything on your theme board!! I think they BM dresses look really pretty the way they are but would look just as cute the other way round aswell :goodvibes I'm getting soooo excited for you!! It's going to look stunning when its all put together on the day :woohoo:

Hi Kayliegh!! You have a gorgeous name!!

I love all of your details...love the choices of invitations..especially the first picture,the pink ones!!! I'm a PINK girl lol.

I know all about what you and your DF went through..my BF who is getting married next June went through the same thing with her DF and they are as strong as can be now!

I'll definately be looking on ebay by the sounds of it! I'm not sure what size I'd be using...it depends on the size of the invitations so :confused:

Those candles are gonna look gorgeous! :lovestruc

He's never been before?? He is going to love every minute of it!! We've only been once before, the wedding will be our second trip - so we are still newbies in some ways too

Nope...he's NEVER been. He's never even been to DLP! We're going to see if we can afford to go on a trip to WDW in August 09...though its looking a little expensive at the moment, especially as I'd like us to stay on-site, with it being his first time n all...But if we manage to go, then he'll be able to check out the locations :thumbsup2

Hi Kayliegh!! You have a gorgeous name!!

Thanks Lynnie! :goodvibes

I love all of your details...love the choices of invitations..especially the first picture,the pink ones!!! I'm a PINK girl lol.

I'm definately a pink girl too! Most of my stuff for uni is pink :woohoo:

Kayleigh x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter