Kayleigh and Josh - 2012 **Japan/??/UK** {Mock up of invitation}

:laughing: You will probably be adding stuff to that board every 5 minutes for the next couple of years. I originally started writing all my lists down on paper and then because I was killing waaaay too many trees Den convinced me to start using spreadsheets especially when I was trying to figure out what we were doing each day on the honeymoon, that has changed sooooo many times because of different things we were trying to book :surfweb:

OMG!!! Those will look STUNNING!! Can I come?? :laughing: In terms of the soggy batteries, have you thought about using those glass bead type things instead of gel?? I'm sure they'd give you roughly the same look because you can get them in all sorts of colours & shades. I think having the different colour combinations on different tables will look great, especially with the other bits you'll be putting on the tables, it will blend so well together :thumbsup2

That punch is so cute!! I'm glad you found something you're happy with :goodvibes

I think I need a new one already!! :eek:

I know you can get some that are powered via plug, and some that are via battery...I'd really need the battery ones. I want to put them in gel - lol - but I don't think the batteries would like that...:confused3

Initially, I was thinking along the lines of something like, as far as the vases and gel goes

174604centerpieces4.jpg

I'd love to have pink gel/black cherry blossom lights and black gel/pink blossom lights....one table have one combination, and another have another, and so on. I know you can buy some silver/white lights...if I could get my hands on those, it'd be great to have black/pink gel mixture. If I can't have gel, then maybe some decorative gravel type stuff that you can buy...really to make them look nicer and hold them in place :confused3 :confused: Something like that anyway...

Re invitations...

I've found a cherry blossom punch that I could use for the invitations etc. The punchouts would be approximately 15mm big, so just right, I think

106856862_tp.jpg

Kayleigh

You will probably be adding stuff to that board every 5 minutes for the next couple of years.

You should see my "wedding image folder" already! It's crazy...there's something like 500 images in there!

I originally started writing all my lists down on paper and then because I was killing waaaay too many trees Den convinced me to start using spreadsheets especially when I was trying to figure out what we were doing each day on the honeymoon, that has changed sooooo many times because of different things we were trying to book

:laughing: I'm exactly the same, except my killing too many trees is because I have OCD - not Disney OCD ;) but proper OCD..one of its forms, is perfectionism, regarding handwriting, spacing etc....it's pretty dumb really :headache:

OMG!!! Those will look STUNNING!! Can I come?? :laughing:

If you're going to be in the World at the time, let me know! ;) And thanks! :hug:

In terms of the soggy batteries, have you thought about using those glass bead type things instead of gel?? I'm sure they'd give you roughly the same look because you can get them in all sorts of colours & shades.

I've found things like:

crackle chips
crackc-07_l.jpg

tiny round beads
tbeads-05_l.jpg

I also came across some glittery sand, but didn't save the picture :sad2:

I think having the different colour combinations on different tables will look great, especially with the other bits you'll be putting on the tables, it will blend so well together

I originally thought of having a glow cube in there, in the third colour, but didn't know if that would be OTT. So, black cherry blossom, pink gel, white light...but now gel is probably out so :confused3

Maybe, if the cherry blossom centrepieces are tall, I could have three small vases around the base with gel/glow cubes. :confused3

That punch is so cute!! I'm glad you found something you're happy with

The punch is VERY cute! I like!

Thanks! :goodvibes Best thing is, it's only a few £'s!

You can punch out in pink, black and white and scatter around your centrepieces! :D

Thats a great idea! I could get the paper in metallic...it'd look cooool! Thanks! :wizard:

:goodvibes Kayleigh x

Be My Bridesmaid?

Currently, I've got four people who could be my bridesmaid - three of them are maybe, for different reasons. One is my future step-sister, another is DF's maybe future step-sister and another is my cousin, but I don't know if she'd be able to make it yet so :confused3 And the fourth is a very close friend who I know I definately would like to be a bridesmaid.

The Be My Bridesmaid cards will be pocketfolders, but in pink metallic

fuschia.jpg

They will look something like this

bemybridesmaid.jpg

A possible design:

bmblayout3.jpg

They will also be in a metallic silver envelope.

The three inserts will be

- collage of photos of us together (personal to each individual) :hug:
- details about the wedding
- a personal note to each of them :cutie:

As for seals on our invitations etc, we're thinking about going with this:

mhintertwined1.jpg

For invitations, one head would be pink, another white or silver
For bridesmaids card, one would be black, one would be silver

Thats it for the moment...more bridesmaid stuff later!

Kayleigh

I think the crackle chips or the beads would look really pretty!! I think the lights on the blossom would look nice without the glow cubes, I love the other girls idea about sprinkling some cutouts on the tables, sooo cute!!

I was just looking at this site www.uniqueweddingfavours.co.uk and thought of you! They have fortune cookie favors that would go fab with your table decor in metallic pink, silver & black ;)

Your bridesmaid card ideas are really great, I love the disney touch with the mulan pic and the seals for the invites are cute little touches too :lovestruc

Ooo, the beads and crackle chips will be VERY pretty! I just love the color. :lovestruc And I really like your design for the bridesmaid invites, Mulan is perfect! I really like the invitation seals as well, I've never seen ones like those before! :thumbsup2

I think the crackle chips or the beads would look really pretty!!

Ooo, the beads and crackle chips will be VERY pretty! I just love the color.

Thanks - I think I prefer the crackle chips to the beads :rolleyes: I think it may look better than the gel, as you're less likely to see the stem in amongst them all :thumbsup2 Plus, the colours are a lot stronger!

And I really like your design for the bridesmaid invites, Mulan is perfect! I really like the invitation seals as well, I've never seen ones like those before!

Your bridesmaid card ideas are really great, I love the disney touch with the mulan pic and the seals for the invites are cute little touches too

Thanks guys :hug: I figured that my "link" to Disney is Mulan, based on my theme, and I don't really have any other ideas at the moment so it seemed like a good idea :woohoo: The seal, I think, is from the creative board here (though I can't remember who did it :headache: ) We'll size it down a lot more...unless we come up with something else :thumbsup2

I was just looking at this site www.uniqueweddingfavours.co.uk and thought of you! They have fortune cookie favors that would go fab with your table decor in metallic pink, silver & black

Ta Jo! These are great! I was struggling to think of things for favours, but these could be great! Thanks for all your tips from your shopping travels ;)

Kay x

I think the crackle chips are a good choice, like you say - the colours look stronger and you wont see the stems :thumbsup2

Adding Mulan is a fab idea!! I love it!! :goodvibes

No problem :hug: , I love shopping and get excited when I see pretty things that other people might like too :yay: You could maybe put them in co-ordinated take out boxes?? You know the cute little ones with the handles?

Thanks - I think I prefer the crackle chips to the beads :rolleyes: I think it may look better than the gel, as you're less likely to see the stem in amongst them all :thumbsup2 Plus, the colours are a lot stronger!

Thanks guys :hug: I figured that my "link" to Disney is Mulan, based on my theme, and I don't really have any other ideas at the moment so it seemed like a good idea :woohoo: The seal, I think, is from the creative board here (though I can't remember who did it :headache: ) We'll size it down a lot more...unless we come up with something else :thumbsup2

Ta Jo! These are great! I was struggling to think of things for favours, but these could be great! Thanks for all your tips from your shopping travels ;)

Kay x

Thanks Jo! :hug: Loving all your ideas!! :goodvibes

For the teenage/adult bridesmaids, I'd like them to wear either black/pink with pink and white flowers, or pink/black with white and ? flowers. Here are some that I like...I know one of my BM's would like to have straps, so I've got several of those. I'd really like them to have the same dress, though I'm open to a little accommodation.

Dress 1 (Dessy)
fuchsiablack.jpg
fuchsiablackdress.jpg

Dress 2 (Dessy)
2717fuchsiablack.jpg

Dress 3 (Dessy/After Six)
2018fuchsiaaftersix.jpg
aftersix2018black.jpg

Dress 4 (Dessy/After Six)
aftersix2001black.jpg
aftersixfuchsia2001.jpg

Dress 5 (Dessy/After Six)
as6537fuchsiablack.jpg
as6537blackfuchsia.jpg

Dress 6 (Dessy/After Six)
as6532fuchsiablack.jpg

Dress 7 (Dessy/After Six)
as6525black.jpg
as6525fuchsia.jpg

Dress 8 (Dessy/After Six)
6520blackfuchsia.jpg

Dress 9 (Dessy/After Six)
6522black.jpg
6522fuchsia.jpg

Dress 10 (Alfred Angelo)
aa6545black.jpg
aa6545fuchsia.jpg

Dress 11 (Dessy)
6519dessy.jpg
6519dessyfuchsia.jpg

Dress 12 (Dessy)
6518dessyfuchsiablack.jpg
dessy6518blackfuchsia.jpg

Any opinions?

Enjoy!

Kayleigh

You definitely couldn't go wrong with any of those dresses, but I have to say my favorites are 1, 2 & 5. They are so gorgeous! The hot pink and black look so great together! :goodvibes

Thanks guys for your input!

I especially love dreses 7, 9 and 10. For short ones, I like 5 and 12. I'd really like them to be long dresses, and have both black and pink on them.

I'm open to having both black/pink and pink/black dresses, though I'd really like them to all be the same colour and style.

:goodvibes

Kayleigh

Love your cherry blossom idea! The colors will look great. Your bridesmaids dresses are so pretty. Dress 7 looks a lot like my MOH's dress!

OMG I love dress 2!!!!!!!!!!! They are all gorgeous though!!! Kayleigh you have great taste!

Hi honey! Hope you're well? I love all those dresses, they are sooo pretty, they remind me of girls aloud in the biology video - really trendy & cute but classy looking! My fave is #10 :goodvibes

We are also using Cards and Pockets for our invitation (I love the idea of using them also for your girls). We used Mickey and Minnie clip art to add to our invitations. Maybe you could find some cherry blossom clip art that you could use.

Good luck with all your planning and waiting for more.

Linda

OMG I love dress 2!!!!!!!!!!! They are all gorgeous though!!! Kayleigh you have great taste!

:eek: Thanks Lynn! :hug: :goodvibes

Hi honey! Hope you're well? I love all those dresses, they are sooo pretty, they remind me of girls aloud in the biology video - really trendy & cute but classy looking! My fave is #10

Hey Jo! :hug: I'm good thanks! Gotta have some blood taken tomorrow - for 14 different tests! Dress 10 is my favourite too! Ideally, the black would have pink ribbon :thumbsup2

We are also using Cards and Pockets for our invitation (I love the idea of using them also for your girls). We used Mickey and Minnie clip art to add to our invitations. Maybe you could find some cherry blossom clip art that you could use. Good luck with all your planning and waiting for more.

Thank you Linda! Glad to hear someone else is using Cards and Pockets - hopefully the service will be good! I've got a few pieces of cherry blossom clip art I could use but I'll keep looking! Good luck with yours too!

What a day...

Well, I bought a bridal magazine today because I've exhausted the search engine for ideas.

My Mom saw. She rolled her eyes and once again said 'you're not getting married yet...its way too soon!'. Oh, and then proceeded to grab the magazine and go 'Oooh, this'll help me for my wedding!'

(Quick background - she's been going out with her fiance for two years, they got engaged pretty quickly...anyway him and I (and a lot of other members of my family) don't get on. He is a royal b*****d. She's planning on getting married in March)

I then went to my Dad's. I took the magazine to keep me occupied (seeing as he's always too busy with his girlfriend (who, by the way, is only 8 years older than me) and he saw it and said 'you're not getting married yet...throw it away!'.

:mad: :guilty:

good luck with your plans. Its never too early to look. Your color choice sounds
very classy with the cherry blossoms too! best wishes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter