Kayleigh and Josh - 2012 **Japan/??/UK** {Mock up of invitation}

Hi Kayleigh, you commented in my journal, so I thought I'd pop by and see how your own planning is going!

First off, let me say...please don't let other's discourage you! I'm sorry you are having a hard time with your family accepting your engagement. I'm really glad you found this board for support and ideas.

2ndly...speaking of ideas...with your colors and theme, I know your wedding is going to be beautiful! With the BM dress...I pick #2! :thumbsup2 Hey, have to put in my two-cents worth! :goodvibes

Oh and on the wedding dresses, I absolutely LOVED :love: the white/deep pinkish-red two-tone dress (the color on the bodice and train) I thought it was gorgeous!

It's nice that you have such a long time to plan...you'll have plenty of time to make sure your wedding is a dream come true!

What a day...

Well, I bought a bridal magazine today because I've exhausted the search engine for ideas.

My Mom saw. She rolled her eyes and once again said 'you're not getting married yet...its way too soon!'. Oh, and then proceeded to grab the magazine and go 'Oooh, this'll help me for my wedding!'

(Quick background - she's been going out with her fiance for two years, they got engaged pretty quickly...anyway him and I (and a lot of other members of my family) don't get on. He is a royal b*****d. She's planning on getting married in March)

I then went to my Dad's. I took the magazine to keep me occupied (seeing as he's always too busy with his girlfriend (who, by the way, is only 8 years older than me) and he saw it and said 'you're not getting married yet...throw it away!'.

:mad: :guilty:

There is nothing wrong with what you are doing!!! When not spend years getting excited and planning!! Thats the fun part!! Your read your magazines with pride and happiness - I would have bashed them over the head with it but thats just me :lmao: They really dont listen to you do they, maybe they should spend more time listening to their daughter than faffing about with their own lives. You've told them that its not happening for years so they shouldnt keep putting you down like this, its not right! Especially when you have a sensible head on your shoulders and are waiting - you deserve more respect from them, as you seem to be a very intelligent girl with her head fixed properly on her shoulders!! There is NOTHING wrong with planning, researching, buying magazines & being happy :hug:

Rant over :lmao:

good luck with your plans. Its never too early to look. Your color choice sounds
very classy with the cherry blossoms too! best wishes

Thankyou! :goodvibes

Hi Kayleigh, you commented in my journal, so I thought I'd pop by and see how your own planning is going! First off, let me say...please don't let other's discourage you! I'm sorry you are having a hard time with your family accepting your engagement. I'm really glad you found this board for support and ideas.

Thanks for stopping by! My family are one of the main reasons I've put my PJ on here...that, and I loved reading everyone elses! :thumbsup2

2ndly...speaking of ideas...with your colors and theme, I know your wedding is going to be beautiful! With the BM dress...I pick #2! Hey, have to put in my two-cents worth!

Thanks for your 2 cents!! :goodvibes

Oh and on the wedding dresses, I absolutely LOVED the white/deep pinkish-red two-tone dress (the color on the bodice and train) I thought it was gorgeous!

I *love* the colour of the pink on that dress and the bodice. It's an Alfred Angelo :thumbsup2

There is nothing wrong with what you are doing!!! When not spend years getting excited and planning!! Thats the fun part!! Your read your magazines with pride and happiness - I would have bashed them over the head with it but thats just me

Thanks Jo :hug: What really grates me, is that my Mom says, regarding her rather quick engagement, is 'you only live once...make the most of it....don't waste time faffing about!'. Hypocrite, or what?! Josh and I have been together for 5 years roughly. (It's our 6 month (since we got back together) anniversary on the 14th (my exam results day!) :lovestruc

You've told them that its not happening for years so they shouldnt keep putting you down like this, its not right!

They rarely listen to me anymore so :confused3 I'd heard it a few times before, but it still hurts :sad2:

Especially when you have a sensible head on your shoulders and are waiting - you deserve more respect from them, as you seem to be a very intelligent girl with her head fixed properly on her shoulders!!

:laughing: I might be going to uni to study Law, but I *definately* have my err....moments! I sometimes completely lack common sense! And...I seem to be having my childhood now, especially when it comes to Disney :thumbsup2 But, thankyou! :hug:

DF and I have been thinking of how we can save some extra money for the holiday and wedding, especially once I start university in September. So far we've got:

- ISA account. We can save up to £3,600 a year and can get an interest rate of 5%. Thats an extra £180. If we save more than £3,600 in a year, we will get a second ISA account (I will open the first one, Josh the second)

- Using DF's discount card. He works at a supermarket at the moment, and gets 10% discount, which during the holidays goes up to 15% and sometimes 20%. There's a supermarket from the same company around the corner from where I will be staying next year, so I might try and get a job there. That will help me save on food and so on.

- Cashback. I belong to a couple of cashback points and, seeing as I usually buy online, will get a fair bit of cashback hopefully. I can get up to 10% back on my university books and also 25% cashback from my genealogy subscription when I renew it soon (On £155, thats a fair amount! Almost £40)

- Student card. I can get big discounts on things, including 5% on Amazon UK.

- Young Persons Railcard. I can save 1/3 on railfare. Currently, it'll cost me about £10 for a return (same day) so a 1/3 is :thumbsup2

- Save the Change. My bank, whenever I use my debit card, will round it up to the nearest pound and save the change in a savings account. This way, I'll be saving without even noticing it!

- Cafepress. I used to have a cafepress shop and made some money from it, but then had to close it down for personal reasons. I've just started one up again, so hopefully that will help.

- Genealogy. After being pretty successful with my own family tree, I've researched a couple of other people's for them and they've been very pleased with the results. I might try and turn my work in this area into profit.

- Sell on ebay or car boot sales...get rid of anything I don't want and get paid for it :)

- Buy things for the welcome bags etc that are on sale etc even if the wedding is still 3 years away! Probably won't find them again or they won't be on sale again!

I'm all out of ideas at the moment...but still thinking!

Kayleigh x

What a day...

Well, I bought a bridal magazine today because I've exhausted the search engine for ideas.

My Mom saw. She rolled her eyes and once again said 'you're not getting married yet...its way too soon!'. Oh, and then proceeded to grab the magazine and go 'Oooh, this'll help me for my wedding!'

(Quick background - she's been going out with her fiance for two years, they got engaged pretty quickly...anyway him and I (and a lot of other members of my family) don't get on. He is a royal b*****d. She's planning on getting married in March)

I then went to my Dad's. I took the magazine to keep me occupied (seeing as he's always too busy with his girlfriend (who, by the way, is only 8 years older than me) and he saw it and said 'you're not getting married yet...throw it away!'.

:mad: :guilty:

Kayleigh, I know that when most of my friends got married they started buying wedding mags and sorting stuff this early! You only get to plan a wedding once (hopefully!) so I think you should make the most of it and enjoy doing all the bride stuff you can.

I only decided to get married 12 months before the wedding so I'm having to do loads of research and planning stuff all at once and not really having time for much else!

Sounds to me like you'll have everything sorted and beautifully planned by the time your big day comes! :thumbsup2

Am a lurker on the weddings board and post every now and then, not engaged yet, even thought we've been together for 4 years and he hints all the time *sigh* :headache: Definately already agreed on a disneymoon so I also might be a 2011 or 2012 bride!

:thumbsup2 Anyway just a heads up that you can get ISA's with 6.25% interest rates such as the Barclays Tax Haven Isa

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-cash-isa

Really recommend Martin Lewis' site for tips on saving money btw!

That all sounds like great ideas Kayleigh!!!! You're being super smart about all this!!!!!

Thanks - having a plan is the only way I manage to get anything done!

Kayleigh, I know that when most of my friends got married they started buying wedding mags and sorting stuff this early! You only get to plan a wedding once (hopefully!) so I think you should make the most of it and enjoy doing all the bride stuff you can.

I hope this is the only one I plan! I'm going to make the most of it - Josh and I have been together long enough to be sound enough for me to plan. I think my parents reckon we will split up, being 'young' and all....

I only decided to get married 12 months before the wedding so I'm having to do loads of research and planning stuff all at once and not really having time for much else!

Thats why I'm trying to do as much as I can now! I'm not exactly going to have much time for planning in the next few years, what with university and all. I don't want to be getting stressed and doing a bridezilla because I've got too much going on!

Am a lurker on the weddings board and post every now and then, not engaged yet, even thought we've been together for 4 years and he hints all the time *sigh* Definately already agreed on a disneymoon so I also might be a 2011 or 2012 bride!

Hopefully he'll propose soon! Hopefully you'll be a bride around the same time as me - that'd be great!

Anyway just a heads up that you can get ISA's with 6.25% interest rates such as the Barclays Tax Haven Isa

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-cash-isa

Really recommend Martin Lewis' site for tips on saving money btw!

Thanks! I'll go and check that out!

Thanks Jo :hug: What really grates me, is that my Mom says, regarding her rather quick engagement, is 'you only live once...make the most of it....don't waste time faffing about!'. Hypocrite, or what?! Josh and I have been together for 5 years roughly. (It's our 6 month (since we got back together) anniversary on the 14th (my exam results day!) :lovestruc

They rarely listen to me anymore so :confused3 I'd heard it a few times before, but it still hurts :sad2:

:laughing: I might be going to uni to study Law, but I *definately* have my err....moments! I sometimes completely lack common sense! And...I seem to be having my childhood now, especially when it comes to Disney :thumbsup2 But, thankyou! :hug:

No problem honey :hug: You stick with the planning! Take it from me, you NEED time to plan, I am soooo stressed out right now and its only the two of us going - I dread to think what I'd be like if I actually had guests :lmao:

Its obviously a case of 'do as I say', not 'do as I do' :sad2: Congrats on your anniversary, ours is the 19th!! Good luck with your exam results - but I'm sure you'll be peachy :goodvibes

I know its hard, but if Josh is happy and supporting you about the wedding, then you two just enjoy being in your own little bubble. Thats what Den and I do, many parts of our lives are upsetting us at the moment but we are determined to try and not let those bits rule our lives anymore.

:laughing: I think everyone on here is a child at heart and there aint nowt wrong with that! Plus, most of us are ditzy too so you're right at home :rotfl:

No problem honey You stick with the planning! Take it from me, you NEED time to plan, I am soooo stressed out right now and its only the two of us going - I dread to think what I'd be like if I actually had guests

Its obviously a case of 'do as I say', not 'do as I do' Congrats on your anniversary, ours is the 19th!! Good luck with your exam results - but I'm sure you'll be peachy

I know its hard, but if Josh is happy and supporting you about the wedding, then you two just enjoy being in your own little bubble. Thats what Den and I do, many parts of our lives are upsetting us at the moment but we are determined to try and not let those bits rule our lives anymore.

I think everyone on here is a child at heart and there aint nowt wrong with that! Plus, most of us are ditzy too so you're right at home

:laughing: :hug: I'll stick with planning! Not that I was gonna stop...!

I don't think Josh and I will be doing anything on our anniversary :confused3 I've got to travel 1.5hrs to go to college, then 1.5hrs back to get my results, then Josh is working in the afternoon/evening. Maybe on the Friday...

Glad to hear you're not letting things get to you! Bubbles are great!

Kayleigh x

:laughing: :hug: I'll stick with planning! Not that I was gonna stop...!

I don't think Josh and I will be doing anything on our anniversary :confused3 I've got to travel 1.5hrs to go to college, then 1.5hrs back to get my results, then Josh is working in the afternoon/evening. Maybe on the Friday...

Glad to hear you're not letting things get to you! Bubbles are great!

Kayleigh x

Good on ya :thumbsup2

Awww, thats a shame that you wont be doing anything. We're both working on ours aswell so I think we'll just do all the celebrating in disney :wizard: You should try and do something on the friday, even if its just going out for a meal, or you could stay in and make a nice meal - you could even practice your japanese theme and decorate the table ;)

Bubbles rule :goodvibes

I have no idea at the moment as to what I'd like for flowers.

Here's a board I put together though of my favourites. I'd like my theme colours to be in there, or at least two of them.

flowers2.jpg

They are all beautiful, I really like the calla lilies in the middle as well as the roses in the upper left corner. They are so pretty

They are all beautiful, I really like the calla lilies in the middle as well as the roses in the upper left corner. They are so pretty

Thanks...they're my favourite too, along with the pink calla lily bouquet on the bottom. I know I'd like quite a large bouquet...

Wow, all of your ideas are lovely!

I can't wait to see how it takes shape over the next bit of time.

Enjoy every bit of it!

Wow, all of your ideas are lovely!

I can't wait to see how it takes shape over the next bit of time.

Enjoy every bit of it!

Thankyou :goodvibes Hopefully it'll all come together and look good!

I found these on...ebay! (Jo :thumbsup2)

03c7_1_sbl.jpg

TVM_Listing_pics_602.jpg

e7d8_1.jpg

I love them all, but I really love the second pair :lovestruc

I *love* these shoes, but would prefer them in hot pink, as thats the colour I'd like on my tootsies! :cutie:

silvermaryjanes.jpg

I've been thinking about my personal goals for the wedding. Sort of like a 5 year plan...but not. The wedding is my incentive really for most things...anyway...here are my goals.

- Graduate from my LL.B
- Graduate from my LL.M or LPC

- Lose 4st in weight. I would really love to get back down to the weight I used to be, before I had to cut down drastically on my dancing, and any other form of exercise really. Then again, the last time I weighed 9 and a half stone, I was 16...:sad2:

- Manage to survive the Disneymoon without the aid of a wheelchair. I don't want DF to be pushing me around 3/4 of the time...its not fair on him, even though he constantly reminds me that he won't mind.

Let me fill you in...skip this part if you want - I don't mind :thumbsup2
I've got a physical condition that still (its been 7 years) does not have an official diagnosis. It started with achilles tendonitis. My unofficial diagnosis is "plantar fasciitis with myofascial and neuropathic pain, similar to fibromyalgia, still under investigation". I am in near enough constant pain with it but just how bad the pain is differs from day to day. Most days I can walk just like and look like everyone else, other days I have a limp and walk slower etc, some days I need my crutches (red ones!) and some days I can't walk at all. Walking, standing, etc exasperates the condition. I've had a few odd stares etc when, after being in a wheelchair, I get out of it and walk perfectly fine. People don't understand that I need the wheelchair, in WDW for example, to be able to walk. After an hour, at the most, of walking around, I'm crippled and can't walk for the rest of the day, sometimes for a few days afterwards. The first day of my last trip to WDW, for example, we were in Epcot. After walking to the bus etc, I couldn't walk at all once we'd made our way around to Mission Space...and that was the second attraction of the day! We had to go home, I was in so much pain. Currently, I take 21 tablets a day, just for the pain...:sad2: Its so frustrating, I used to dance for at least 6 hours a week...now, I can't even walk into town :headache: Sorry for moaning...just yeah...felt like explaining it :guilty:

So, thats my goal...to get around WDW without a wheelchair. At the moment, its far-fetched, but it would be the best wedding present I can think of at the moment.

Morning :hug: Those garters are soooo pretty! I like them all & I'm so proud of your ebay usage ;) :laughing: The shoes are gorgeous, they caught my eye on your one of your first idea boards, the detail on them is lovely. My favourite boquets are the one with just pink roses and the one with just pink calla's in them, you could add some crystals for a bit of sparkle :goodvibes

Awww honey, I totally understand where you are coming from, my mum is very ill with lots of different problems and because people cant see her leg in plaster or a neck brace or something visible, they think nothing is wrong, its not nice, people in this world can be so horrible nowadays. Do not push yourself too far, if your body is telling you to rest, then you rest, get a chair and enjoy your honeymoon, I'm sure Josh would rather spend time pushing you around than being stuck in the hotel room as you've taken it to far and hurt yourself even more. Its totally a wonderful gift as you say for him, but he's marrying you, every bit of you, so he already knows and understands you & your needs, he's a good one :goodvibes

:goodvibes

:hug: Afternoon. I love ebay but don't get to use it that much at the moment..lack of funds!

I'm thinking of having crystals added...to whichever flowers I choose! Thank goodness I've got ages to decide on the flowers...I think I'll need it!

In WDW one time, a lad (probably around 14 :confused3 ) was staring as he walked past me, and then proceeded to turn around, walk backwards and still stare! It peeved me until he was so busy staring at me, he fell over the person in front of him and took them out as well. I was in hysterics and couldn't resist saying 'wanna borrow my wheelchair?' as we went past. Its just frustrating more than anything. I'm 20 and sommetimes I feel more like 90. :headache:

Anyway...on with the show and all! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter