Kayleigh and Josh - 2012 **Japan/??/UK** {Mock up of invitation}

Wow, Kayleigh, you have SO many creative ideas!! Are you thinking of doing an at-home event, too? If so, do you think you could do one of the themes for the wedding an another for the at-home? That cloak is gorgeous and the idea of the hot pink lining is a way to personalize it beautifully! Your iron-on designs are cute and clever! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear more!

Thats a great idea! :goodvibes That could be another way to earn some extra money, as you suggested. Could even have a mini business at uni doing it for friends etc ;) :confused3 lol I dunno

I like the idea of the initials! I hadn't thought of that. I had a look round for symbols and other charms but I couldn't find enough individual ones that suited my theme. I think I'll make ones that have guests initials on them, with the beading etc in different colours. Thanks hunn :hug:

Thanks! :hug: I'm so excited. Going to miss DF like crazy, but I should see him at least once a week *fingers crossed* as it's only 1hr 30mns by train. Annnnd...theres lots of bridal shops in Derby that stock the dresses I want to try! :thumbsup2

I nearly passed out when I saw it! I think the prices are cheaper in the USA for it too *grumbles* ;) It'll probably be out of my budget. I don't really want to spend much more than £1500. Luckily, I've got lots of dresses saved that I love that don't cost the end of the world :woohoo:

Definately try doing it as a mini business, its worth a try *** every extra penny will help :thumbsup2

Glad I could help :goodvibes I think the initials with beads to match your colours would look really pretty and be something nice for the guests too :thumbsup2 The lady who I bought my photo charms from sells LOADS of charms & beads etc... I'll have a nosey through her shop just incase she has any symbols that might be of use to you - or I can PM you her details :surfweb:

Awww, I'm sure you'll manage - you'll definately miss each other, but with the internet its like you'll never be apart :thumbsup2

Its soooo annoying how much cheaper dresses are over there, I'm so jealous of american brides :laughing: Thats a really good budget you've got - Im sure you will get something very stunning for that :wizard:

I love your t-shirt designs, especially the devil ones :worship:

Congratulations on passing your exams and well done on getting your place in Uni!!

All your ideas look wonderful so far! I'll be looking forward to seeing the rest when I get back!! :teeth:

Its soooo annoying how much cheaper dresses are over there, I'm so jealous of american brides :laughing: Thats a really good budget you've got - Im sure you will get something very stunning for that :wizard:

I got my dress for nearly £300 cheaper because I tried it on and then rang up other stockists to check the prices, the one I got it from actually didn't stock the dress, just the designer so she did it loads cheaper. Its definatley worth ringing around.

Congratulations on your results!!!! :thumbsup2

Wow, Kayleigh, you have SO many creative ideas!! Are you thinking of doing an at-home event, too? If so, do you think you could do one of the themes for the wedding an another for the at-home? That cloak is gorgeous and the idea of the hot pink lining is a way to personalize it beautifully! Your iron-on designs are cute and clever! Can't wait to hear more!

Thankyou! :goodvibes We could have two different themes - we're definately sticking with the cherry blossom theme now. DF drew me a picture of me in a gown last night that had cherry blossom trailing up it - it was gorgeous! If only I could have that in real life...doubt I'd be able to find it though! I love the cloak...might be a little bit long though! I'll see if I can have it with a little less train maybe :rolleyes:

Congratulations on passing your exams and well done on getting your place in Uni!!
All your ideas look wonderful so far! I'll be looking forward to seeing the rest when I get back!!

Thanks! :goodvibes Hope you have a great trip!

I got my dress for nearly £300 cheaper because I tried it on and then rang up other stockists to check the prices, the one I got it from actually didn't stock the dress, just the designer so she did it loads cheaper. Its definatley worth ringing around.
Congratulations on your results!!!!

Thats great - I'll definately be ringing round! £300 is a fantastic saving! Pays for quite a few other things! Thanks :goodvibes

Definately try doing it as a mini business, its worth a try *** every extra penny will help

Glad I could help I think the initials with beads to match your colours would look really pretty and be something nice for the guests too The lady who I bought my photo charms from sells LOADS of charms & beads etc... I'll have a nosey through her shop just incase she has any symbols that might be of use to you - or I can PM you her details

Awww, I'm sure you'll manage - you'll definately miss each other, but with the internet its like you'll never be apart

Its soooo annoying how much cheaper dresses are over there, I'm so jealous of american brides Thats a really good budget you've got - Im sure you will get something very stunning for that

I love your t-shirt designs, especially the devil ones

I think I will have to do a mini business - alongside my genealogy mini business :rolleyes1 I've already got one doing gift baskets among family and whatnot so :thumbsup2

When I was at a New Year's Party one time, my great aunt had some wine charms and people were talking about them, and comparing them for ages! Then, a few people got mixed up lol. If it had their initials on them, they wouldn't be able to! :rolleyes: Great way of tying in the colour scheme as well! Thanks - that'd be great! :hug:

I like a lot of Maggie Sottero's gowns - they're gorgeous!

:goodvibes :hug:

I just did a digital mock up of the actual invitation page to play about with a few ideas. I found a cherry blossom pattern that was in black, and added some pink to it. I think it turned out quite well, what do you all think?

mockup.png

invitationyaaaays.png

Each insert will use the same font and have some cherry blossom on it

Kayleigh :goodvibes

They look great. I just love the Cards & Pockets.

Good work.

Linda

:goodvibes Thanks. I'm loving Cards and Pockets already, and haven't even bought anything from them yet! I think I'm going to have to get some samples, as we can't decide between the matte and the metallic :confused3

Very pretty! Love the font on the script.

Thankyou! I love the font - its called freebooter script I think :thumbsup2

Beautiful mock up!!

Thankyou! :goodvibes

Your invites look great. I wasn't gonna do invites but I think I might now, it looks like fun!

Do invites! I've had so much fun just *planning* them - I can't wait til I can actually make them!

Regarding the invitiations, I'm hoping to find somewhere that will do custom stamps as I'd like to be able to emboss them in hot pink. Failing that, we will just print straight on to the card.

I've decided to carry the layout through our wedding stationery. For example, here is a bridesmaid's newsletter (at 60%)

bridesmaidsletter.png

For the WDW information packs, we're keeping the pink and black writing, but changing the font and using Disney clip art instead of cherry blossom. Here's a page on Typhoon Lagoon (60% again, as thats the largest it would 'snip' at, in powerpoint).

typhoonlagoon.png

Looking at it, would the titles on the info page look better with a black outline and white filling? Or another colour?

I think I will have to do a mini business - alongside my genealogy mini business :rolleyes1 I've already got one doing gift baskets among family and whatnot so :thumbsup2

When I was at a New Year's Party one time, my great aunt had some wine charms and people were talking about them, and comparing them for ages! Then, a few people got mixed up lol. If it had their initials on them, they wouldn't be able to! :rolleyes: Great way of tying in the colour scheme as well! Thanks - that'd be great! :hug:

I like a lot of Maggie Sottero's gowns - they're gorgeous!

:goodvibes :hug:

Mini businesses are great :thumbsup2 As long as you dont take on too much!

Yep, having initials would be good :wizard: I'll go have a look for that seller as it slipped my mind until I just read this chat again, sorry!! I've just had a look and the woman I bought mine off doesnt seem to have anything japanesey or initials - but I did a search on ebay and found these # 230281748505 - but they are about 2cm in size so they are maybe too big? Its a good bargain though! :confused3

I love your invites, pocket cards always look so cute - good choice :worship: I'm loving your info sheets too, maybe try changing the title texts to match the text on the top line? Have a play around with different things and see what takes your fancy :goodvibes

How are you anyway? Anything planned for this weekend?

Mini businesses are great :thumbsup2 As long as you dont take on too much!

Yep, having initials would be good :wizard: I'll go have a look for that seller as it slipped my mind until I just read this chat again, sorry!! I've just had a look and the woman I bought mine off doesnt seem to have anything japanesey or initials - but I did a search on ebay and found these # 230281748505 - but they are about 2cm in size so they are maybe too big? Its a good bargain though! :confused3

I love your invites, pocket cards always look so cute - good choice :worship: I'm loving your info sheets too, maybe try changing the title texts to match the text on the top line? Have a play around with different things and see what takes your fancy :goodvibes

How are you anyway? Anything planned for this weekend?

I looked at those initials - thanks - but I think they'd be a little too big :( I couldn't find anything Japanesey or with initials either :confused3

I'm not too bad thanks - just packing for uni and whatnot :rolleyes: I leave in around 3 weeks :eek:

:hug:

So far almost everyone that has spoken to me about my invite has thought Disney did them. I guess this is good and bad - they look professional - but everyone is saying - oh you don't have to worry - Disney does everything.

I love that everyone loves them but hey, I want a little credit:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Linda

So far almost everyone that has spoken to me about my invite has thought Disney did them. I guess this is good and bad - they look professional - but everyone is saying - oh you don't have to worry - Disney does everything.

I love that everyone loves them but hey, I want a little credit:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Linda

:rotfl: Take comfort in the knowledge that they think they've been done by a professional company with more than enough experience! :thumbsup2

Saying that...I might add a little 'made by' on the back :rotfl2:

Costs​

When it comes to figures, we are guestimating that we will send 100 invitations and have 50 guests. We may have more, or less, but it gives us something to work with so I can work out the approximate costs of things.

So...

100 x invitations = £250
This includes everything - card, shipping from US, glue, stamps, ink, embossing powder, embossing gun, envelopes, ink etc.

100 x save the dates = £50
This will only be if we don't use the ones provided by DFTW - we'd really like something to tie in with the overall theme and colour scheme

50 x placecards and tablecards and seating plan = £30

5 x be my bridesmaid cards = £25

50 x programmes = £40

So, all that comes to about £400 which is a lot better than I thought it would be :yay: I know it still might be a fair amount, but we don't want to skimp on the stationery..:thumbsup2

I'll put together a budget soon and post that, and see what you all think, as some things I have no idea about whatsoever!

Accessories​

I'm planning on giving the bridesmaids these umbrellas, as well as having one for myself :cutie:

asianideas_2013_29831841-1.jpg

I'm going to have these put on the chairs for the ceremony. As the vast majority of my guests will be from the UK, even the heat and humidity at 9am might be a little much for them, so I thought these might help to keep them cool. There will be either a mix of black and pink solid colour ones, or the cherry blossom ones..I havent decided yet :thumbsup2 Any opinions?

asianideas_2015_107378819-1.jpg

asianideas_2011_64882134-1.jpg

Or...
asianideas_2012_98800730-1.jpg

Favours​

As for favours, we're thinking of
000513-1.jpg

asianideas_2015_2918385.gif

The cranes also come in black, so we'll probably have pink for the females and black for the males, with maybe some white thrown in...Hopefully I'll be able to find some largish black boxes (with hot pink ribbon) to put them in *fingers crossed*

Kayleigh x

:rotfl: Saying that...I might add a little 'made by' on the back :rotfl2:

I did add something to the back. I had a "Created by Linda and Sheldon" stamp made and stamped the back of each invitation. No one noticed. Oh well, I am glad they look professional.

Thanks,
Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter