Keeping transfers from cracking?

mindystar

DIS Veteran
I just made seven shirts for our trip in five days. The transfer paper instructions said to wash them before wearing them. So I followed the instructions--had the shirts inside out. Now all but one look like I've had them for years and are cracked and a little smeared. I had made one for my sister and mom, who had seen them before the wash. Now I'm sad because they don't look crisp and new.
Is there anyway that I can keep my shirts from doing this in the future? :confused3

I washed mine before adding the transfer. I am not washing the ones I made for my trip till i get back. I have made others that I have washed numerous times and they still look as good as they did and actually are softer than before i washed them.

What kind of transfer paper did you use. I have the transfer paper from E-bay.

If you used the dark paper just put a piece of parchment paper over the transfer and try ironing it a little. Sometimes this will fix the cracks. Not sure about the color. Sorry this happened.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help! I'm heating up the iron right now!
I used TransferMagic InkJet Transfer to Dark, from Hobby Lobby. What do you use from Ebay--is it the gold seal that I just read about in another thread?
Thank you so much!!!

I think it is the gold seal. There is info in one of the sticky threads about how to order it. I just seems to work great. So far no problems. I have even messed up one (forgot to reverse print on light color) and so I took a dark sheet and ironed a design over the messed up one. Wala workked great. Saved the shirt.

Good luck. I hope reironing helped you.

What are the dates for your trip. I will be there 2/15-2/22 at POR. So excited just 10 more days.

I usually wash the tshirt before I iron on the transfer(shriks the shirts so that when you apply the transfer and wash it a second time it does not crack) then when I wash the shirt again I turn the shirt inside out and do not dry it in the dryer. The last time I used the paper from target (Printwoks I think) and paid only 6.00 I was surprised at the quality and how good it looked My tshirts from last year still look the same with no peeling or cracking on the transfer I found it better than HP or Avery paper
Linnette

Thank you very much. I had prewashed all the shirts and then washed them again inside out--and still cracking :( But I am definitely going to get gold seal for my next shirts!
dumby--I'll be there 2/09-2/13. Just a quick trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter