Kendra And Shane's DCL 9/11/08! Fairytale disaster :'(

Yea Kendra for starting your TR!!!! Can't wait to see pics. When Disney first started the Magical Express there was someone standing in the giant area (you get to when you get off the monorail type things) with those mickey hands, waving and directing you. Now, no can do!!!! You have to either 'find the info in the back of you booklet, which is packed somewhere' or find someone who knows where they are going.

Can't wait to read more (and see some pics!!!)

We finally arrived at our resort
portorleans2.jpg

Boy, was that an adventure at the front desk! The girl we checked in with did not speak english very well. She had no idea, about our land/sea package and since we added on a day she told us we would have to check out in the morning and then check back in. We were very confused and she could not answer ANY questions so she told us we needed to go to the cruise desk pick up the phone and get them to answer our questions for us. However, I stood and waited at the phone for TEN minutes and NO ONE Answered!!! So, off we went to our room.

portorleans.jpg
front.jpg
room.jpg

This is where our disney nightmare begins. We go to the room, and I remember that I forgot to write down everyone's stateroom numbers down for the Fish Exchange. So, Shane pays 10.00 for 24 hours of internet service. It takes him awhile to get it loaded, and after I get what I need, we decide to head to DTD. We figured, Lets take the Ferry over.
DSC_0031-1.jpg
So we are off to stand in line at the ferry.
DSC_0036-1.jpg
Several boats come by, but they are only going to Riverside. I think we waited forty five minutes. So I just start taking random pictures.
DSC_0037-1.jpg
. Finally, we get on the ferry.
DSC_0039-1.jpg
DSC_0040-1.jpg
DSC_0042-1.jpg
I then get yelled at because I didn't realize there was no Flash photography allowed and I could not get my camera to work properly. I then, get off the boat and we start walking through DTD. I keep getting run over by people left and right. It was SO PACKED it was not even funny. I will never do that again on a Saturday Night! So, we decide, after a couple hours of wandering around to take the bus back to the resort. We get back to the resort and Shane goes to take a shower, and there is no soap. He gets on the phone and calls Guest relations and at 1am they brought us a HUGE back of soap. Kudos to them for bringing the soap. However, a little late in the night. We finally konk out and at 700am there is a knock on the door. "Housekeeping with your soap". They brought us another HUGE bag of soap. Now I am starting to think that they are going WAY above and beyond. So, we get up and Shane goes to use the internet and it is not working. Well, this just sends his blood pressure to a high rise. So, he decides he is going to get dressed and go see Guest Relations. Afterall, we can't leave the room until Garden Grocer comes with our delivery. He goes to iron his shorts, that he bought just the day before, and something adhered to his shorts from the iron. Now he is pissed!!! In the meantime I find a cochroach in the bathroom!!!!! It was just a huge ugly scene. So he heads off to Guest Relations...

OH NO Kendra!!!! I do NOT do bugs well, so I can only imagine! I hope things look up real soon. And why no flash photography? Was this on the boat, did it 'interfer' with the driver? just wondering as I had not heard that before.

I guess the photography interfered with the driver...I felt bad but I really thought the flash was off because that was the setting it was on.

Shane gets to the counter and we both speak our peace about all of the frustrating events that have happened to us, including checking in with Disney. The young man appologized and he was nice enough to give us a credit off our room. So finally something to make things go right. However, it was still a bad taste in our mouths. Anyway, we left there and went to epcot.
epcot.jpg

Epcot was a pretty good day, however we had the worst frozen margheritas of our lives. But I met a very happy stingray!!!
stingray.jpg

September 8th, we got up and went to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Now this was one of the worst days we ever had. We get to the park at 8am because we thought it was EMH because that was what the internet said. As well as the pamphlet from the hotel. However they changed their hours and they were not going to be open until nine. So we got to sit outside the park with a bunch of other people who had the same issue. A bunch of people complained but there was nothing they could do. Well, when we finally get in, and we go to get a fastpass to TOT and then go to RockNRollercoaster. Which was awesome!!! So we basically walk onto the ROcknrollercoaser and go to the TOT immediately after and we realized there was no need for a fastpass. We get up to the elevator and just before we get on, they realize there is a problem with the elevator. It broke down. So we waited awhile until we could get on another one. A little bummer but we didn't let it get us down too much. We get off the ride and go to have a photopass picture taken and her camera broke. *sigh* another bummer. Well, by this time we are a little hungry and we go to try a turkey leg. When we get to the stand and place our order. Poof...pixiedust: I was asked if I wanted a free turkey leg. He said all I had to do was gobble like a turkey. So I gobbled and I got a free turkey leg. So, now I am happy as can be, something good finally was happening. Then the day went down hill. We go over to the backlot tour, and the first part of the tour had a malfunction so they sent us to get on the bus part. We get on the bus and it doesn't move. We just sit there for about twenty minutes and they said the bus had broke down and that we had to deboard and get onto another bus. Well, we had reservations at the prime time diner so we go over to dinner instead. We got seated about forty five minutes after our reservations. Then after lunch we went over to get on the great movie ride. We are happily going along when the wicked witch comes out in munchkin land and puts a curse on us. :wizard: and the ride broke. We were stuck on the bus for twenty minutes until they could evacuate everyone from behind us, and then let us follow. :eek: So after the third ride breaking down and the bad morning, we gave up and headed back to the hotel.:sad2:

Kendra,

I am so sorry you are NOT having much luck with your WDW part of your pre-honeymoon! I certainly hope the cruise and wedding goes MUCH better than this! (hey, but YEA for free turkey leg!)

Kendra....Love the teaser pic! I can not wait to hear more!

Patty, It was definately an adventure....I promise a happy ending.

Goldeelox9~ I will definately have some tips for you once the story ends. Good tips....and more good pictures to come.

So after the hotel visit to get changed for our Hoop Dee Doo Ressies, we get on the bus for Magic Kingdom. We end up going there for a couple of hours. We walked in and made a hat for my daughter, and I will tell you the best thing they have going is having everything delivered to the resort for you!!! No carrying things all over the park. It is the best service. Anyway, we ride a couple of rides because there are NO waits anywhere and we get on the ferry for Fort Wilderness. We have ressies for 930pm. It was a truly magical ferry ride because we got to see wishes as we rode the ferry over to fort wilderness. Once we get there, We check in and get a photo taken. Which we ended up buying. So, we go to get our seats and we are wearing our "just married" buttons just because this is our honeymoon even though we aren't married yet. The gentleman that goes to seat us says "Congrats, however, I have bad news for you, your unlucky table number 13!" I swear all the blood drained out of my face because he continued to tell me it was the worst table in the place. He walks us all over and then takes us to the front row and smack dab in the middle. Then he looks at me and says "you have the best seats in the WHOLE house" Yay!!! :goodvibes FINALLY! Something goes right. It was awesome. We had the best time at the show. They joked and laughed with us all night.
DSC_0570.jpg

They also removed our "just married" buttons and turned them into "almost married" buttons. ;)

Tuesday Sept 9th, we go to the magic kingdom. What a truly magical and wonderful day. We start off riding space mountain and it is a five minute wait. The scary thing is, there is no one in front of you and no one behind you when you are heading up to the ride that you feel you are in the wrong place! After, we got off the ride we headed to Toon Town.
toontown.jpg

We are walking along and I see the Barnstormer ride
barnstormer.jpg

and I told Shane I really wanted to go on the ride. He kept saying "Absolutely not. That is so ridiculous. We are not going!" I told him how much I loved him :love: and then WON my way! We get on the ride,
barnstormer1.jpg
have a great time and when we get off the ride,
barnstormer2.jpg
POOF pixiedust: We were the lucky winners of The year of a million dreams!!!
fast1.jpg
We WON FASTPASSES!!!!!
fast.jpg
(only bummer is it was so quiet no need to use them) However I have a REALLY cool FASTPASS to put in my scrapbook!!!! We had the best time at Magic Kingdom. However we left early to go to the pool, have dinner and then go back for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!!!

Oh, I'm so envious of those fastpasses, even if you didn't have to use them. Whenever we saw people walking around with those we were so jealous! They were probably worth the attention factor alone.

Ohhh I am so sorry to hear about all your misfortunes during your stay!!! UGH!!! At least the park wasn't PACKED with people... That to me always stinks. I hate it. I always try to go during the months that are slower.. better deals, too!! =]

I'm sorry, I'm just joining this bandwagon LOL.. when did you guys go ?? Early September?? I think I just saw that!

Love your pics!!!!! ;)

YAY...Fastpasses. I have never won anything and have ben twice since the promotion has started. Maybe the Honeymoon will be the lucky time. Even the worst day at Disney is a good day. It sounds like your days were pretty good. Did they really make you check out and then back in at Port Orleans?

Disneylove1228~ We went from 9-6 to 9/11 at WDW and 9/11-9/14 on the cruise ship.

Goldeelox9~ Technically that morning the manager had to check us in and check us out however he let us keep the same room. It was very frustrating to say the least.

Yeah for finally getting some Pixie Dust! ! What a horrible start to your trip!! Hopefully the cruise was just magical! can't wait to hear all about it!

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party was a BLAST!!!!
mickeys.jpg

If you ever and I mean EVER want to go or have the chance DO IT! I had the time of my life. You even get opportunities with LOTS of different characters that you normally do not get to see.
mickeys1.jpg
It was also amazing to be a bride, and even though I could not afford Cinderella's carriage,
mickeys3.jpg
I at least got a picture next to it!!! :lovestruc
mickeys2.jpg
The Fireworks were the best show I have ever seen.
mickeys4.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter